AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 10:02   Link #361
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
No definition, no detail, the background is distracting, the lighting is bad, all of the colors are undiscernable, and the top of Haruka's head is cropped out. The eyes look pretty dead as well.
For an anime, I didn't notice anything totally off. Keep in mind that anime has a different style than real life. Even if they want to be absolutely spot-on in terms of photography, the show is pretty low budget to begin with, so I doubt they'd be bothered to spend time framing a shot to look professional in addition to giving it that much amount of detail.

EDIT: Episode 7 - RAW

Spoiler:

Last edited by YourIdeas; 2013-05-16 at 14:35.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 17:38   Link #362
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Remember when we thought Kazuya looks like Evangelion's Shinji?

Haven't watched the episode myself, but from the screenshots I found and YourIdeas's post above, looks like they did mix both story L and H of Sanechan's route...
yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16294.html
Old 2013-05-17, 00:45   Link #363
GundamZZ
残念美人

The main guy and each girl are more than just friends, except they are borderline lovers. If it happens in the typical dating game, he will receive the negative points from most girls. He's blacklisted and the game is over.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 03:05   Link #364
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

So I've watched the RAW.

Looking the limit that they only have 1 episode for Sanehara, I must say this episode is quite good. For once, they managed to make the repetitiveness gone of the end event on the game, where Kazuya invited the girl to his club's booth on school festival and show them the girl picture and after that confess to that girl, giving fresh experience for experienced fans with skipping the school festival (though with Haruka arc dominating the 4 introduction episodes, it kinda makes Kazuya gives up protecting Haruka's panties from his club on this episode ) and story takes part after that.

Spoiler for Eps 7 comment:

And seems like they will push other Photography Club members's appearance on other route as well, sigh. Kinda wish they use Katsumi and Ruu more here since they are her fellow club members

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The main guy and each girl are more than just friends, except they are borderline lovers. If it happens in the typical dating game, he will receive the negative points from most girls. He's blacklisted and the game is over.
Not on here, he's not. At worst, the not chosen girl will get very mad at Kazuya. On the game it can only happen if you maxed more than one girl's affection, inviting them to see his picture on the school festival. At the school festival, player will given option to choose which girl to be your end girl. Other girls player didn't choose will be seriously angry but nothing much change after that. Unless if you pissed Rina, since she usually make appearance on the Cosplay Cafe your end girl cosplaying at on story H. Rina will (still) angry at you and ignore you if you maxed her but didn't choose her there.

You still confess to the end girl you chose after that, accepted, and becomes a lover. You only didn't get their epilogue scene.
Old 2013-05-17, 07:54   Link #365
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I just finished ep 7, and was not terribly pleased with it for several reasons. Mostly how he kept bugging Sanehara to take photos of people. I've never taken a photo of a human, and never intend to. Nothing anybody says will change that. It's mean to force portraiture on people who'd rather shoot flowers and cats.

Also, there was a massive technical error where they were out at night, and she uses his camera to take a photo of him; the settings show 1/400 at ISO 100, f/5.6. I raged because there's no way you'd get anywhere near 1/400 in that light. A rough metering gave me about one second. Gao at such a glaringly obvious oversight.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 11:04   Link #366
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Also, there was a massive technical error where they were out at night, and she uses his camera to take a photo of him; the settings show 1/400 at ISO 100, f/5.6. I raged because there's no way you'd get anywhere near 1/400 in that light. A rough metering gave me about one second. Gao at such a glaringly obvious oversight.
I'm surprised anyone's still paying attention to that, given that the show's made its devil-may-care attitude towards the techniques of actual photography abundantly clear. I've long just assumed any numbers on the screen were meaningless.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 11:19   Link #367
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 7 was quite enjoyable. It gave off some nice Amagami vibes. Kazuya turned into a an idiot, but a likable one. I liked his attitude in this episode. He was forceful without being too aggressive. Sanehara's story was quite rushed but I think they did well given the limited time they had to work with. I got a sense of who she is.
Old 2013-05-17, 11:42   Link #368
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Episode 7 was quite enjoyable. It gave off some nice Amagami vibes. Kazuya turned into a an idiot, but a likable one. I liked his attitude in this episode. He was forceful without being too aggressive. Sanehara's story was quite rushed but I think they did well given the limited time they had to work with. I got a sense of who she is.
Spoiler for Episode 7:

Anyways, let's hope that Muroto's arc is better!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 11:54   Link #369
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Sanehara fan art:

source: Pixiv

source: Pixiv

And I'd like to post 2 events I like the most from her route which unfortunately both didn't make it on the anime.

First one is the foot-massage event:
Spoiler for Foot massage:

The second one is ice cream event :3
Spoiler for Ice cream:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
I just finished ep 7, and was not terribly pleased with it for several reasons. Mostly how he kept bugging Sanehara to take photos of people. I've never taken a photo of a human, and never intend to. Nothing anybody says will change that. It's mean to force portraiture on people who'd rather shoot flowers and cats.
For what it's worth, Sanehara doesn't really tell him to stop making her take picture of human, does she? If Kazuya really cross the line, she can just tell him to go away or get mad. And besides, Kazuya tells her to take picture of himself, not any random people, because he won't do the fake smile Sanehara hates ^^

Quote:
Kazuya does go over the top with his stupidity this episode (really, shamelessly doing cat impression in front of both Photo and Photography Club? ), but for his assertiveness to gets closer to the girls to solve their problemm, that what he acts most of the time on most routes. I think the exception where he doesn't do that way is on Haruka and Kanon route.

And with how they rushed Sanehara arc, Aki, Mai, and Nonoka arc should be better since the three of them had more screen time on 4 introduction episodes. Rina and Tomoe on the other hand, may suffer the same fate of Sanehara arc >.>
Old 2013-05-17, 12:07   Link #370
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
And I'd like to post 2 events I like the most from her route which unfortunately both didn't make it on the anime.

First one is the foot-massage event:
Spoiler for Foot massage:

The second one is ice cream event :3
Spoiler for Ice cream:
Oh my god. That's a side of Sanehara I wish we had seen in the anime. Thanks for posting these.
Old 2013-05-17, 16:10   Link #371
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:

Spoiler for episode 7:
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 23:58   Link #372
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
I'm surprised anyone's still paying attention to that, given that the show's made its devil-may-care attitude towards the techniques of actual photography abundantly clear. I've long just assumed any numbers on the screen were meaningless.
That's true I suppose. Honestly I hadn't really paid attention, but that scene caught my eye. But yeah, I suppose I shouldn't expect much from it on a technical front. I am only really watching it for the photography side though, the romance is typically generic school trash.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:04   Link #373
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:

No resolution and epilogue? Sanehara finally able to smile in front of Kazuya and she begins to take picture of people, though from what shown on the anime it's only Kazuya pictures. And the date on the beach and pictures shown on Sanehara's room are more than enough for the epilogue, it tells us that after the hill scene they are in relationship and always spending time together (Sanehara's birthday, choosing heart frame on photo sticker, summer festival, New Year). I can't speak for others, but for me it makes up the lack proper confession and kiss scene.

Though the "I like your smile" and putting her hand on his pocket and then hugs her are more than enough for indirect confession. But I do think that it'll be better if on the boat Kazuya calls her by 'Hikari' and she calls him by 'Kazuya-senpai" >3<

Quote:
Oh my god. That's a side of Sanehara I wish we had seen in the anime. Thanks for posting these.
Yeah, the episode quota boundary limit us to know more about the girl, the game are the only way to get to know them >.>

I only use my memory here, but here are some more trivia of Sanehara:
  • Everyone calls her by 'Sanehara' or 'Sanehara-san' because she asked for it. The only exception is Kazuya where on her route calls her by "Hikari" after the confession, and Rina which calls her "Sane-chan" where she can't go against Rina because Sanehara is big fan of Rina's handmade cooking.
  • Her eyesight are actually bad and she's wearing contact lens. On the game when learning this fact player get option how to react, if you choose "Why don't you wear glasses?", her response would be, "Senpai, do you have glasses fetish?"
  • She hates English (the language) very much due to childhood trauma. I don't quite get the dialogues on this event, but on my understanding it's because the foreign colleague of her parents who come to visit and live with them for short amount of time. That person is always talks loud and cheerful, making the little Sanehara learns some basic daily conversation such as greeting, etc. She begins to talks like that in her school and gets attention from her friends, it becomes a very embarrassing memory for her. After telling Kazuya this story, he teases her when she's about to leave, saying "Sanehara, SEE YOU!"
  • Before trying to make her laugh with the costume (on the game it's not a cat costume but dog), one of his attempts is introducing Sanehara to Kanon, because Kanon is a cheerful girl who always smile, not only when her picture is taken. At first Sanehara still bothered by it, saying she's actually dislike to take picture of girl more than a boy (referring to her girl friends incident) so she only formally have introduction with Kanon. But later after she's warming up to Kazuya and begins to have faith in people's smile once again, she becomes friend with Kanon. Kanon asks Sanehara to play tennis together but Sanehara doesn't want to because she hates wearing cute tennis wear like Kanon, and everytime Sanehara takes picture of Kanon, Kanon always use her "Usa Peace" pose
  • She has 1 older brother who already a college student. Her brother never made appearance though, only mentioned when Kazuya asks who Sanehara gave cholocate to on Valentine's Day (which she says she gives it to her father and that older brother). But on the date on theme park, on the Zombie House player can asks Sanehara to scream specifically, where one of the option is to scream ala younger sister (she then screams, "Onii-chan help meee!!").
  • Other than taking picture of Kazuya and Kanon, she also willing to take picture of Katsumi. In fact she's asking Katsumi to take picture together, since she says to her Katsumi is also important person who made a place for her in Photo Club. Katsumi recognized Sanehara who often took picture with her cellphone, so she approached Sanehara and asked her if Sanehara interested to join Photo Club. Katsumi then lend Sanehara her DSLR camera and Sanehara very interested about it and she bought her own digicam shortly after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
We do get past story of Haruka that tell us how she becomes the school's idol she is now from the tomboy little girl who like to play soccer. It's because little Kazuya's suggestion that she should be act like proper girl (growing hair, wear skirt, etc) so she can have many friends like Kazuya back then. Also because their promise that Kazuya will marry her if she becomes more beautiful in the future.

For the interacting with other main girls part, we hardly get that the actual game anyway. This is based on love sims not VN, so if we already get into specific girl route, the other girl hardly make appearance at all. Even on the Amagami the other main girls never had important role when they appear on the arc they aren't the focused girl. There is rare exception on some routes here on Photo Kano for that though.
Old 2013-05-18, 08:32   Link #374
X207
Gamyūsa

i guess calling Sanehara episode arc rushed would be correct though it was paced well enough for those unfamiliar with the girls' back stories. he was a bit annoying with his attempt to get her to take pictures but i guess its on par to fit 1 arc into 1 ep.

id actually prefer this series to be paced more like Clannad where there are 4-5 eps per arc ans 24ep run. after seeing the first arc in PK anime id rather them have shortened the first one than go to the 1ep=1 arc method. id have liked to see more of Sanehara's arc and probably for the following arcs also.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:42   Link #375
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Feels like it's just going to be a collection of pilot episodes now.

Although I have to admit that Troll-Kazuya was more to my liking than usual. I always love a good troll character.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 19:22   Link #376
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I find the first arc cuter...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 02:51   Link #377
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Fan art time =D

Source
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Feels like it's just going to be a collection of pilot episodes now.
More like a summary of mashed-up main events from each girls's story L and H route from the game
Old 2013-05-20, 06:06   Link #378
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Despite this arc being short, doing the thriller in a catsuit to make a girl laugh is very cute and heartwarming. I liked it.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 02:50   Link #379
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Cover for first Blu-ray and DVD volume 1, slated for June 28th...

source: Famitsu.com

Sample image of pre-order bonuses from certain online shop:
Spoiler for bonus:

source: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/photokano/goods/oritoku.html

For the PK Kiss player, here are the two special floral swimsuit DLC costumes you'll get from the purchase of Blu-ray/DVD, though unfortunately not like the other DLCs so far, each exclusive for a character:
Spoiler for costume:

Track list for upcoming character song album, THROUGH THE CAMERA, slated for July 3rd...
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/photokano/goods/cd_1.html
Quote:
1. Lovegenic by Niimi Haruka
2. Tinkle My Bell by Maeda Kanon
3. Mirai no Hanayome by Yunoki Rina
4. Mazuiro Inside by Muroto Aki
5. Kuusou Ripple by Sakura Mai
6. truth by Sanehara Hikari
7. Onegai Rise Ball♥ by Misaki Nonoka
8. Teardrop Memories by Misumi Tomoe
9. Koi no Stealth Assassin by Uchida Yuuko
source: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/photokano/goods/cd_1.html

Last edited by bakAnki; 2013-05-21 at 04:40.
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 14:35   Link #380
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high school, romance