AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-18, 07:05   Link #9221
Ickarium

Note as well that the fifth volume the anime covered was ... ah ... rather changed. I suggest reading the fifth light novel. I'd personally suggest reading them all, as I do like some of the differences, but especially the fifth light novel. It portrays Ena as slightly less psycho, too.
Old 2014-01-20, 08:53   Link #9222
Yami no Ou
まおう

its really better if you read from the top cause the anime adaptation is a little bit.... ugh sucks
Old 2014-01-20, 09:07   Link #9223
Ickarium

See, I disagree that it sucks. It changed some stuff certainly, but I didn't think it was that bad. Then again, I tend to be the person who sits there while people yell about how the anime sucks and the books/manga/etc are soooo much better and this is a travesty and ... and I go: Um. Guys. Not that bad, really. Your expectations are a little high if you want every little detail included.
Old 2014-01-20, 09:17   Link #9224
Breimoon

it is not bad, yeah, but they could have made things way better and especially they should have avoided that original ending. Now the chance of s2 is really low
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 09:23   Link #9225
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Can't call it bad. I actually have more fun following the anime than the LN, but it certainly aren't a good adaptation. I am still on the opinion of V3-V11-V1 adaptation would be better, but what's done is done.

Really wonder what if Shaft or Gainax had been the one that adapted it instead of Diomedea...
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 11:16   Link #9226
lived_1714

At least, the art and design of the anime is still a little better than the illustrators of the light novel, that's what I thought, the one who draws them seems better in drawing chibi or super-deformed characters. I still like the Perseus in light novel though.

Anyone have information or theories about Theseus and Calypso if they are in Campione! verse? Would their legends are like Circe, not so long and complicated? I would want to ask about Vritra, too.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 11:25   Link #9227
Breimoon

if you are looking for canon info the wikia(not wiki) should be good enough.
Old 2014-01-20, 11:43   Link #9228
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived_1714 View Post
At least, the art and design of the anime is still a little better than the illustrators of the light novel, that's what I thought, the one who draws them seems better in drawing chibi or super-deformed characters. I still like the Perseus in light novel though.
It's actually been getting better as of late. Did you see the cover for V14? I instantly fall in love with Liliana's hair, though I wish he could draw better backgrounds to go with it...

Quote:
Anyone have information or theories about Theseus and Calypso if they are in Campione! verse? Would their legends are like Circe, not so long and complicated? I would want to ask about Vritra, too.
Don't know about those, but Theseus would be pretty straightforward IMO because his legends are well defined. Well, he IS one of the oldest literature in existence after all, even if they have other counterpart, to me it just feel that Theseus is way too well-defined to merge with them.

Vritra is a whole different headache though. There's nothing in the history and myth that could indicate him as an Earth Mother Goddess/Matriarch Goddess. He's a male dragon that Indra slain, which belongs to one of the oldest religion there is and in a different part from where Matriarch Religion was popular (at least at the time it was popular in the place it came from). IIRC it came from India and...it took about 3000-2500 years for Western influence to reach Japan if we're going by the story of Izanami and Izanagi, with a little estimation... I don't think it could reach India that fast. Unless of course, it's like the connection between Jesus and Mithra which is a later addition after Jesus' stories of course, in which case I'll raise my hand in defeat.

I'll just go with the headcanon that he's a male dragon god that is a variation/derivative of the older Earth Mother Goddesses Serpents but is separate category of its own. I just can't swallow some BS theory that all dragons/serpents came from EMGs; way too convenient, baseless, and illogical that every dragons came from their legends. Unless he could give an objective proof that it's true, not just some subjective conjectures.
Old 2014-01-20, 12:27   Link #9229
Nihgthawk

So the release date for volume 16 will be February 25th and the title is The Stirring of Heroes.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 12:31   Link #9230
Breimoon

is it confirmed for sidestories or will it continua main plot?
Old 2014-01-21, 11:26   Link #9231
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Can't call it bad. I actually have more fun following the anime than the LN, but it certainly aren't a good adaptation. I am still on the opinion of V3-V11-V1 adaptation would be better, but what's done is done.

Really wonder what if Shaft or Gainax had been the one that adapted it instead of Diomedea...
I liked the anime but I prefer LN, Adaptation does not give much explanation about erica was demure and crazy passionate one hour to another but it was nice to see the animations of godou authorities, especially stallion white. but the story was full of holes in the anime,erica love with godou without even a convincing explanation was the worst.
GodSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 08:19   Link #9232
Sylux

Quote:
The sword of Susanoo and wielding Authority over Wind and Storm. It allowed Godou to escape the Keeper of the Horses barrier spell that imprisoned Sun Wukong in the Netherworld. Besides its Authority over weather, and embodying Steel, its full range of powers is unknown. However, Godou now has the ability to summon Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi, store it within his right arm, and lend it to Ena.
Does it means he can attack with wind and also call other weather changes (lightning?)?
And does that ne a condition like the rest of hs abilitys?
Sylux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 11:32   Link #9233
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
Does it means he can attack with wind and also call other weather changes (lightning?)?
And does that ne a condition like the rest of hs abilitys?
He never use it to control storms or lightning. Godou mostly use it to copy and cancel other Authorities.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 11:41   Link #9234
Ickarium

I don't know where the quote is from, but I thought the storms and wind authority was Susanoo's, not the sword's? The sword's authority is doing all that power stealing/copying stuff, and so on.
Old 2014-01-28, 12:21   Link #9235
Breimoon

in the myth wasn't the sword that gave Susanoo these powers?
Old 2014-01-28, 12:57   Link #9236
Ickarium

Ah, no. In myth Susanoo was a storm deity who came down to earth, fought with a sword given to him by Izanagi, and drew the Kusanagi sword from a beast he killed.

In myth, Susanoo was also a major DICK.

Wikipedia has some information on it, though it's a little sparse in places (mostly doesn't go into enough detail at points, IMO).

Last edited by Ickarium; 2014-01-28 at 13:40.
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 20:56   Link #9237
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Ah, no. In myth Susanoo was a storm deity who came down to earth, fought with a sword given to him by Izanagi, and drew the Kusanagi sword from a beast he killed.

In myth, Susanoo was also a major DICK.

Wikipedia has some information on it, though it's a little sparse in places (mostly doesn't go into enough detail at points, IMO).
In the myth the beast he killed is the Yamato no Orochi (eight headed snake if I recall). and took it's tail to make his sword. Or is that yamato takeru?
Old 2014-01-28, 21:19   Link #9238
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
In the myth the beast he killed is the Yamato no Orochi (eight headed snake if I recall). and took it's tail to make his sword. Or is that yamato takeru?
kazzuya you've been watching too much maken-ki.. not that I blame you
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 22:43   Link #9239
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

He killed Yamata-no-Orochi with... what was it again? I forgot the name of the sword, but I do remember that Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi came out of its body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
So as they waited after having thus prepared everything in accordance with his bidding, the eight-forked serpent came truly as [the old man] had said, and immediately dipped a head into each vat, and drank the liquor. Thereupon it was intoxicated with drinking, and all [the heads] lay down and slept. Then His-Swift-Impetuous-Male-Augustness drew the ten-grasp sabre, that was augustly girded on him, and cut the serpent in pieces, so that the River Hi flowed on changed into a river of blood. So when he cut the middle tail, the edge of his august sword broke. Then, thinking it strange, he thrust into and split [the flesh] with the point of his august sword and looked, and there was a great sword [within]. So he took this great sword, and, thinking it a strange thing, he respectfully informed the Heaven-Shining-Great-August-Deity. This is the Herb-Quelling Great Sword
It was from his tail, alright. I think that Sylux's Quote came from the Wiki, IIRC. Still, from what I remember, Godou had never really used Ama as a weather manipulation or lightning sword; again that was from what I remember. So it MIGHT be able to be used like that, but I don't think there was any demonstrated feats yet on that point.
Old 2014-01-30, 03:34   Link #9240
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Actually, if memory serves me right, it goes something like this:

There's an old pair that lives by the river, and Susano visits them one day when they grieve. They say that seven of their daughters were devoured by the beast Yamata-no-Orochi, and only a single one remains (Kushinada-hime? can't recall). Then Susano offers them a deal - since the last daughter will be devoured the next day, give her to him instead of the snake. As they agree, Susano turns the last daughter into a beautiful comb, and puts her in his hair, then starts making an eight doored cabin. He puts a big bottle of fine sake behind all eight doors. Once Yamata-no-Orochi comes to devour the last daughter, it finds the sake and starts drinking. Once all his heads doze off after getting drunk, Susano starts to cut up its body from the heads, but when he reaches its tail, his sword snaps in two. Then when he looks for the cause, he finds a majestic blade in its tail, dubbed "Ama-no-Murakumo no Tsurugi" (Also called the sword of Kusanagi, styled 'grasscutter sword', one of Japan's three imperial treasure weapons, and a symbol of Japan). Probably not 100% correct, been a while since I read the whole story.

Spoiler for Ama no Murakumo:

Spoiler for Powers:

Edit: about the anime. It has an anime-exclusive plot where as the "last boss", Methis sustituted for Ama-no-Murakumo. I have no problems with not being LN faithful completely (cutting out minor characters like Diana and Andrea f.e., who were more or less comic reliefs in the original story - Diana being a fun accomplice of Karen, while Andrea being the "tsukkomi" of Doni - was probably entirely logical, since they served no meaningful purpose in the LN at all). The problem I have is that the story will probably not continue in anime format, and that is a shame. I'd love to watch it in a 52 episode version, and it's a real shame I'll probably never be able to do so. Well, at least all the content can be read in a very good translation with very few errors or typos (hats off for zzhk!) on BT. Great fortune itself, but roughly said, a bit of sugar in the cup of ripened ****. Sad, tbh.
I like this novel mainly for the juicy details. I find gatherings in the Kusanagi household fun, when the totally dunce and oblivious Godou bears Shizuka's wrath, while Erica laughs to herself, Liliana acts like a dignified but lovestruck maiden, Yuri is just as oblivious as Godou, and Ena strangely understands what's going on, but literally doesn't give a flying damn about it. It's quite romantic and fun, and it should advance in a slightly more unleashed manner now that Godou finally admitted to being a harem protagonist at heart. Can't wait for the end of feb, when the novel translations will start

Last edited by RpR1337; 2014-01-30 at 03:50.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem