AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-09, 15:26   Link #141
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Apollo and Silvia's story in movie form got me. Was wondering why Amata put weights in his shoes, but its to stop him from flying, that's a good one. Really liked how Mikono used the waiting line right from the beginning. Mikono's cat was great.

WTF why are the girls and guys separated, that's so wrong. So Cayenne knows Mikono, thinking he might be a brother. At least Zessica got to do her mixed union. Seems like she'll be the mitigator between Cayenne and Amata.

So why is Kagura so much like Apoloo when Amata is supposed to be the wings of the sun? That's an awful vision Cayenne saw, maybe a rescue mission down the line. The punch was good, but not as great as the love attack.

Yes Fudou is back, or at least he sure seems like. Hope Mikono gets over her being useless mentality. Also wonder why Kagura wants Mikono, wonder what kind of ability she has.
Old 2012-01-09, 15:45   Link #142
piperz
El Psy Congroo

so far so good. Funny when the Type-M and F aquaria made in contact with each other and instantly repelled each other. Thank god this doesnt happen in real life. OMG Mikono has a kawaii desu "cat"-ribbon, she looks 100x cuter with it
FLYING LOVE ATTACK vry pwrful!!!
Old 2012-01-09, 16:08   Link #143
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

My god this show still ridiculous as ever
With all the orgasm n cheesy word LOL. Btw the CGi is top notch although its have quality moment here and there (too slow etc) I guess they didn't have Macross Frontier budget afterall.

My main highlight though is Uchiyama Kouki (Kagura's VA) sounds very friggin' badass
Its friggin' Ichika LOL
Old 2012-01-09, 16:08   Link #144
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It definitely wasn't done on purpose to go with the plot of the episode; if it had just been for the oddjob parts of the episode then you'd be right, but there was no reason other than lousy animation skills for the whole episode to look so terrifyingly horrible. >.>
That was just animation director Utsunomiya's best. And that episode wasn't outsourced. It's Satellite's serious one.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 17:15   Link #145
kuromitsu

I just watched the first two episodes and I'm so damn excited. I was a bit wary about it before, due to the setting and the characters, and even while watching the first ep I was a bit "meh..." and then Amata went "SOUSEI GATTAI" and I've been wearing the stupidest grin on my face ever since.

As for the characters, yeah, Kagura and Amata are quite obvious. And Fudou. That was definitely Fudou. I'm not so sure about about rest... Of course there has to be a Celiane somewhere, and from the official site it seems Touma will also figure into it somehow (I hope so! I liked him a lot).

Kagura of course rocks, but I like Amata, too - he has a great voice, reminds me of Fukuyama Jun back when he wasn't such a ham. And I'm sure I'm the only one who likes Mikoto... ^^;; but I can't help it. She's pretty and cute and makes even me want to protect her.

The setting with the gender segregation is of course stupid and anvilicious, but seriously, this is Aquarion... I'm not expecting Dostoyevsky here. Besides, being silly is one of the things I liked about Aquarion.

My only complaints:
- Recycled soundtrack - don't get me wrong, the OSTs for Aquarion are some of my favorite anime soundtracks, but it's a bit cheap. (And if they're recycling they could've at least recycled Sousei no Aquarion for nostalgia value. The new song is nice but doesn't not quite have the same charm... )
- The visuals are not half as imaginative and eccentric as in the first series. The city was pretty and all, but in the original series I loved the shadow angels' realm, how the angels themselves looked, their mecha, etc. The new series has nothing on the same level... at least so far.
- Seiyuu change for Fudou. :/ I don't mind it too much because I love Fujiwara Keiji, but ah, would've been nice to hear the same voice.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 18:54   Link #146
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Loved the first episode but have to ask: how much am I missing if I haven't seen the original?

I'm hoping not too much because with my current school schedule I'm not going to be able to get through two cour very fast.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 18:57   Link #147
KBTKaiser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ism0L_5yPk8 <- for those who can't wait for a clean version of the OP song.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 19:21   Link #148
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I forgot to say this, but Zessica is HOT =03! I hope to see A LOT more of her, even if Amata's personality is fail(thus the interaction prob won't be as great, since he's lame).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I theorize that Kagura is Apollo reincarnated, while Amata is Apolonius reincarnated. (explaining why Kagura acts like Apollo yet Amata has the Wings of the Sun) I also theorize that Mikono may be Sylvia reincarnated, which would explain the vision of the marriage between Kagura (Apollo's reincarnation) and Mikono, and why she was crying when she first saw the Aquarion movie at the beginning of episode 1.
I think that's the easiest conclusion to make. I can agree to that theory, but after some thinking, I felt that maybe that is not the case. In the original series, the reincarnated chars weren't carbon copies of their former selves; rather, it was a separate persona that slowly integrated into their normal selves. It's quite possible that Kagura is a clone, hence why he has similar behavior patterns to Apollo. I'm not saying it's impossible to be exactly like the previous incarnation, but given that Apollo and Sylvia were quite a ways different than Apollonius and Celiane, I feel that this is the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Loved the first episode but have to ask: how much am I missing if I haven't seen the original?

I'm hoping not too much because with my current school schedule I'm not going to be able to get through two cour very fast.
This series showcases a nearly all-new cast, but it's possible that some of the main chars are incarnations of the main chars in the original(hence why people say Kagura(EVOL) is very much like Apollo(orig Aquarion). Even so, I think it won't be so much that you'll be lost, as they may utilize flashbacks for any relevant details from the original. I'd say watch EVOL AND the original back to back, one ep at a time, if you don't have the time. The original was quite the enjoyable series, and, as 1st/2nd eps go, I think the original was better.

Last edited by frubam; 2012-01-09 at 19:46.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 19:45   Link #149
MasterVampire

Do you need to watch the other show this is a sequel to inorder to watch this?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:43   Link #150
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Do you need to watch the other show this is a sequel to inorder to watch this?
No. But you should, It's a good series.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:02   Link #151
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Does this have official subs?

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:03   Link #152
Siegel Clyne

The Pink Princess in Aquarion EVOL?!

In the beginning...

My mind unintentionally flashbacked to Gundam SEED...

I heard Lacus Clyne as Alisia playing Silvia in the movie...

And then I checked the ending credits to confirm my suspicion...

Lacus Clyne's seiyuu, Tanaka Rie, indeed voices Alisia.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:18   Link #153
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

I'm going for Kagura is half of Apollo. The other half is Amata. Celiane did reincarnate into two persons with Sylvie and Sirius.
y.
This! This is what I think. I think that this time Apollonious soul has been reborn in two bodies and Kagura is the other half of Amata and both are the recarnations of Apollo/Apollonius
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:44   Link #154
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The purpose as stated was to prevent the return a Aquarion. Obviously Type-M and Type-F were based on the Mass Produced Assault Aquarions but has seriously been nerfed.

The gender segregation is a systematic institutionalized nerfing of the Vectors. KKeeping them Real Robots not Super Robots.
I completely get preventing the combining of Aquarion Evol because the Aquarion has the power of the gods and could bring destruction if used improperly, but they don't need to have such ridiculous segregation rules to prevent it. A giant wall to seperate the genders? Arguing and lack of cooperation between the males and females? Even the heads of the two sections were at odds with each other in the middle of combat, in the command center. This has clearly gone far beyond segregation out of necessity and into segregation out of sexist beliefs, and based on the terrible performance against Kagura displayed this episode, they clearly could do without that.
When Hibiki and the others joined the Nirvana crew in Vandread, they were allowed to mingle with the rest of the crew despite the fact the two genders were supposed to be actual enemies and had no idea they used to be the same culture. Here, there's none of that enemy setup, yet there's a giant freaking wall between them. Great. >.>
And nerfing your own weapons and making them far too weak to do what they were intended to do is extremely counter-productive. Heck, they were getting utterly thrashed even when they formed the Aquarion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
That was just animation director Utsunomiya's best. And that episode wasn't outsourced. It's Satellite's serious one.
Still doesn't excuse the terrible and horrid animation. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And I'm sure I'm the only one who likes Mikoto... ^^;; but I can't help it. She's pretty and cute and makes even me want to protect her.
Oh trust me, you're not the only one. I may have said that I dont like her damsel in distress act, but otherwise she's still the most attractive female character looks- and personality-wise, and there's no doubt she's going to get over her weakness eventually. It's just a question of when.

Quote:
The setting with the gender segregation is of course stupid and anvilicious, but seriously, this is Aquarion... I'm not expecting Dostoyevsky here. Besides, being silly is one of the things I liked about Aquarion.
It wouldn't be so bad really (I liked Vandread and really didn't have a problem with the personal conflict between the genders at all), but Aquarion takes it quite a bit further into "Oh my god, my brain is bleeding!" territory. (segregation walls, religious nonsense, etc.)

Quote:
I think that's the easiest conclusion to make. I can agree to that theory, but after some thinking, I felt that maybe that is not the case. In the original series, the reincarnated chars weren't carbon copies of their former selves; rather, it was a separate persona that slowly integrated into their normal selves. It's quite possible that Kagura is a clone, hence why he has similar behavior patterns to Apollo. I'm not saying it's impossible to be exactly like the previous incarnation, but given that Apollo and Sylvia were quite a ways different than Apollonius and Celiane, I feel that this is the case.
That's actually a good point.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:57   Link #155
Lumir

Talk about EYE CANDY. This episode grabbed me an took a hold. I dunno what it is but man talk about crazy stuff! Its like a mix of gundam and some kind of romance story. From what i just witnessed its all about the POWER OF LOVE lol!

But seriously I have never watched anything aquarion before. Are these ova's or something? Because they are 40mins long. Anyways will be fallowing for more action and orgasmic unions LOL!
Old 2012-01-09, 22:01   Link #156
KBTKaiser

They had a 2 ep special to kick things off.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 22:03   Link #157
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
They had a 2 ep special to kick things off.
Oh thank you I should have known. Think ill look into the other series as well. I dont wanna miss something important.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:36   Link #158
leokiko

GATTAI, GO, AQUARION!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f861LIiIgio

'Nuff said.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 22:42   Link #159
Key Board
Carbon

Also remember that sometimes one people can be reincarnated as two. Could it splinter even further to three?

Hmm..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 23:19   Link #160
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Has it been said yet of how many episodes the series will have?

Tags
comedy, science fiction