AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-20, 18:34   Link #161
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
beauty??? pls explain this to me, all i got from this show was a two week depression. Rosette is such a strong person throughout the whole series and then at the end she completely breaks down and shows a lack of strength, i mean sure u are going to die but she knew this from the beginning, to me it did not suite her well. and as for chrono, he said nothing to her as she was crying, it was so terribly heartbreaking.

and then they bust out that bull**** about the pope being shot so he doesnt reveal some secret... wtf??? that was ridiculously stupid, totally irrelevant...... also the fact aion is still alive, so basically rosette's and chrono's death meant nothing. this series was awesome all the way to eps 18, at the carnival, that was the best episode, and then it went all down hill from there, it seemed rushed and very poorly thought out at the end. i understand a sad ending, but this horribly depressing ending did not suite the characters or the anime in my opinion.
maybe he was talking about the beautiful scenery on that time... and also the sad mood it shown even though the impression to me is it's superbly depressing..

yup I'm expecting more on the final fight of Chrno and Aion that's damn nerfed and rushed I wan't to see more
Old 2007-08-21, 10:37   Link #162
Mashimaro
q8D

There is a deeper meaning to the last episode.
Do think about it hard.
Loved the ending.. only thing that fails hard is the long awaited aion vs chrno which ended in a few seconds.
Old 2007-08-23, 04:55   Link #163
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro View Post
There is a deeper meaning to the last episode.
Do think about it hard.
Loved the ending.. only thing that fails hard is the long awaited aion vs chrno which ended in a few seconds.
Also liked the ending even though it is sad it was beautifully showned IMHO... the mood and impression it gave to me was nice.... but rather than the Aion X Chrno fight, the last part where Remington saw Aion was bad and sucky too IMO... bec. that means Rosette and Chrno's sacrifice was meant for nothing
Old 2007-10-03, 06:42   Link #164
Jeef

First of all I believe that the ending was done perfectly.

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2007-11-09, 07:14   Link #165
wtffmp111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
beauty??? pls explain this to me, all i got from this show was a two week depression. Rosette is such a strong person throughout the whole series and then at the end she completely breaks down and shows a lack of strength, i mean sure u are going to die but she knew this from the beginning, to me it did not suite her well. and as for chrono, he said nothing to her as she was crying, it was so terribly heartbreaking.

and then they bust out that bull**** about the pope being shot so he doesnt reveal some secret... wtf??? that was ridiculously stupid, totally irrelevant...... also the fact aion is still alive, so basically rosette's and chrono's death meant nothing. this series was awesome all the way to eps 18, at the carnival, that was the best episode, and then it went all down hill from there, it seemed rushed and very poorly thought out at the end. i understand a sad ending, but this horribly depressing ending did not suite the characters or the anime in my opinion.
Let's see if you still feel that way when you're 17 and 30 seconds from dying.... I'd sure as hell be crying, no matter how strong I'd been about it before.

Um read up a bit on the Fatima prophecies. the whole point of this anime is to base it off Revelations and the 3 Fatima prophecies. The 3rd prophecy was famously revealed in 2000 because it had to do with the 1981 attempted assasination of the pope. They were simply showing that scene, seeing as a LOT of this show as about the Fatima prophecies.
Old 2007-11-13, 22:21   Link #166
ShadowFox2004

I read everything everyone said, and I thought over what I believed the ending was about and what I discussed with my brother. He had a different interpretation, but this was mine:

Spoiler for Chrono Crusade Ending:

So, that's basically what I thought. And I just wanted to add that it was such a beautiful ending...it made me cry hysterically (and caused about a weeks depression). And I also wanted to recommend the manga: in my opinion it's MUCH better...but that could just be me. And, if you do read it, prepare yourself for a VERY different plot line.
Old 2007-11-14, 10:14   Link #167
Airean

R.I.P Chrono

I loved chrono and wished it was a longer series definitely a very sad ending like teh end of an era but it fitted the story perfectly and although i wish they carried it on there was no where for it to go
Old 2007-11-15, 23:45   Link #168
hohoho0214

I agree the ending was quite sad but it could have been much more emotional and better (like the FSN ending) if the characters were more developed.
Old 2007-11-23, 00:36   Link #169
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Beautiful death scene but that is not what i actually dislike about this episode.It's what happen to Father Remington and Aion.The series is so different from the manga.
Old 2008-01-06, 23:26   Link #170
Nina_Wang
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Beautiful death scene but that is not what i actually dislike about this episode.It's what happen to Father Remington and Aion.The series is so different from the manga.
When i went to borders I flipped through the pages and the book seemed one and the same as the cartoon. *maybe different ending.. but the first book looked alot the same.

Spoiler for Aion Discussion on last scene:
Old 2008-01-15, 11:29   Link #171
Wirbelwind8
d-_-b

The ending was for sure on the best endings I have seen thus far. Knowing anime, the endings can be and usually are abrupt and disappointing (in my opinion). The one thing that got me pondering...

Is Chrono going to heaven or hell?

It really has nothing to do with the story, but I think I remember the ending had a question where Rosette asked about going to heaven or hell etc. People that I've talked to said he went to hell. Im not sure myself or will ever find out. I just hoped they both went to the afterlife together ya know? :P
Old 2008-01-28, 04:36   Link #172
Noir_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I didn't expect the ending turning out like that!!
I really can't express it without spoiling.

A beautiful Rosette and Chrno death scene.
Why lie, that ending was touching. I had foreseen that kind of fate but I didn't expect both of them to die. But that show was awesome
Old 2008-02-03, 15:30   Link #173
Satoko

I didn't expect that kind of ending I knew it would be sad but thats so so so sad, I was crying I think it might have even been sader than AIR.
Old 2008-02-04, 19:07   Link #174
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I already given up watchin this 3 years ago due to my mentally unstable because too much emotion to me after i finished at the end. Now my parents won't allow me to watch chrono crusade anymore because Who's gonna watch this kind of crap?

THIS SHOW IS NOT FOR ANYONE FOR THOSE DON'T LIKE A BAD ENDING LIKE ME TILL YOU'VE NO DESIRED TO STUDY. YOU'LL BE WARNED.
Old 2008-02-08, 23:46   Link #175
godraziert

Spoiler for Rosette and Chrno:
Old 2008-02-11, 19:16   Link #176
BritishBearBoy
♥Osaka's Admirer♥

It was the most closest thing on Television ever to almost make me cry.
Old 2008-02-15, 21:19   Link #177
xxyangxx_2006

Boho!

I really didn't want it to end! but they left it open for another season so hopefully they make a Chrno Crusade 2
Old 2008-02-16, 14:48   Link #178
woodfeign

"I don't want to die"

Lots of great insights by folks here. But I did want to make one observation.

Some people have been confused by the moment when Rosette loses control and begins weeping that she does not want to die. It seems to me that this is intended as an expression of her weakness or sin, that she had to overcome to find peace.

Keep in mind her bravado early on about her contract with Chrno and inpending death: "I don't expect to live to thirty," she flatly states, explaining that she has resolved to live her life to the fullest in the meantime. But then consider what she says as The Saint, to Chrno when he comes to her and Aion: it's the exact opposite sentiment: "Give me my life back."

To Aion, arch confuser, switcher, twister of feelings, it was given to know the weakest point in all others' hearts. I believe this was Rosette's: despite her outward no-time-like-the-present attitude, secretly she was terrified of her impending death. I don't know whether Aion added to that fear, or simply woke what was already in her heart (I haven't yet unraveled his barrage of B.S. that finally breaks her spirit atop that skyscraper, or quite figured out why Aion would want her to demand her life back from Chrno), but it seems clear that after she broke from Aion's spell, that fear remained within her for the rest of her short life. As she sat dying beside Chrno in the sunset, she could sense her coming death and was filled with selfish terror.

The key in my view is that she still was able to not blame him. Half a century earlier, Mary did not seem to fear her death at Chrno's hand. But perhaps Rosette's virtue was greater still, because she miserably did -- yet instead of blaming Chrno she turned to him and cried on his shoulder. (And the reason he could find nothing comforting to say was because he was meanwhile miserably blaming himself).

And then after that gut-wrenching moment, she offered Chrno her last remaining moments of life, so that he might outlive her. Which he would rather die than take from her. That's love, folks. With never a word of it made explicit.
Old 2008-02-23, 17:47   Link #179
Amray

A very upsetting and dramatic ending from a wonderful Anime.
Old 2008-03-15, 23:03   Link #180
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBearBoy View Post
It was the most closest thing on Television ever to almost make me cry.
So true...so true

IMO the song fitted the scene perfectly
Closed Thread