AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 10:50   Link #1
marvelB

Chapter 456 discussion (spoilers)

There's a short summary out now, and it has some very interesting info...

-To purify a zombie, salt needs to be thrown in their mouths. Also, when a victim's shadow is stolen, said victim goes into a 3-day coma. If the victim dies, then their shadow dies, as well.

-Brooke previously lost to Ryuuma last time he was at Thriller Bark. However, he's prepared to fight him for his shadow again...

-The reason for Moria's shadow stealing is revealed. Someone in the New World defeated him in the past, so he started gathering strong bodies and shadows so that he would never lose again. In a northern continent (maybe North Blue?) he found a corpse he was most satisfied with, which is #900, and has been waiting for a powerful enough shadow to use since then. It seems that #900 is shown at the end of the chapter, which is a huge frozen body....

Yes, quite an interesting-sounding chapter indeed! Still, if Brooke intends to fight Ryuuma, then I guess that this drops the chances of Zoro fighting him.... unless Brooke loses again, that is. And the part about Moria losing to someone in the New World is quite intriguing. I'm going to guess that it was one of the two unrevealed Yonkou who beat him, since... well, we don't know anything about them yet (aside from the fact that they're really powerful). And about #900, apparently there was another spoiler summary that said that #900 is the body of a former Marine Admiral, but it was apparently fake. Either way, I can't wait to find out about this mysterious body soon.....
Old 2007-05-15, 22:22   Link #2
Nuzzles

Huge frozen body you say?

First thought: SAUL! Unless Ohara isn't in the North, can't remember. But Saul makes pefect sense.
Old 2007-05-15, 23:00   Link #3
marvelB

Yeah, I noticed a lot of people are thinking that #900 is Sauro. I highly doubt it however, because:

-He was a Vice Admiral, not an Admiral.

-Ohara was in West Blue, and not a "northern continent".

-It would seem a bit too strange for the only friend that Robin had as a kid to become her enemy, especially when she already fought her personal demons during the Enies Lobby storyline.

-And lastly, while Sauro was strong for a giant, I doubt that he's a person of legendary status like Ryuuma or Captain John. I didn't notice it until a while ago, but apparently, the body was of a "huge monster", rather than a giant. I think we're dealing with a completely new character here....
Old 2007-05-15, 23:37   Link #4
Nuzzles

Well, I didn't actually take into account that rumour of it being an Admiral, just the "huge" and "in ice" was enough to stir that thought. Saul MIGHT have been a very strong Vice Admiral though, maybe on par with Garp, maybe not. But due to his involvement in Ohara, that's probably been all covered up. Even if it isn't Saul, Aokiji is probably responsible for the state its in though.

Maybe it's a Kraken pulled from Davy Jone's Locker?
Old 2007-05-16, 00:36   Link #5
marvelB

Well, the chapter title was revealed to be "The Demon from the Frozen Land", which further proves that whole "monster" thing. And...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-16, 00:46   Link #6
Nuzzles

Demon from a frozen land...

I've got it! Dr. Kureha! She must have some secret form that we don't know about.

Really though, can't wait to see this chapter.
Old 2007-05-16, 01:40   Link #7
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
I'm betting every one on Strawhat fights the ones that took their shadows as a miniboss battle. Their real battles will be with the main generals. I bet Sanji will fight Absalom, Nami will fight that hippo girl, Robin will fight Perona, and obviously a Luffy vs Moria will come up. Zoro, Ussop, Chopper, and Franky is unsure. If Brooke looses to Ryuma again, I'd bet Zoro will fight him.
Old 2007-05-16, 07:07   Link #8
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo View Post
I'm betting every one on Strawhat fights the ones that took their shadows as a miniboss battle. Their real battles will be with the main generals. I bet Sanji will fight Absalom, Nami will fight that hippo girl, Robin will fight Perona, and obviously a Luffy vs Moria will come up. Zoro, Ussop, Chopper, and Franky is unsure. If Brooke looses to Ryuma again, I'd bet Zoro will fight him.
well, the interesting thing is, there's nnow this whole thing about poeple loosing consiousness for 3 days after their shadows have been pulled out... this puts Luffy, Zoro and Sanji all out of commission... i doubt that this arc is gonna go one for three days so it doesn't seem like they will be fighting at all. ofcourse there is always the possibility that they will regain consiousness early; i mean, i can picture the other strawhats beating up everyone esle, but Luffy is the only one i can see taking on Moria

Though Moria's strength does seem to come into question... not that part about him loosing in the new world, that's to be expected with the youkuo there... but the part about him really so much on others to fight, instead of improving his own personal strength he's raising an army of zombies to fight for him... kinda makes him seem a bit personally weaker than most other enemies who relied mostly on their own personal power to get here they are

Also, it does look like we get to see the frozen corpse at the end... it's about giant sized and is clearly demonic... kinda wonder if Luffy's Devil fruit will carry over with his shadow, cause if it doesn't than the monster is gonna be as strong as Moria wanted since Luffy wouldn't be worth 300 million if not for his Devil fruit abilities... i think it's gonna be quite hilarious when it wakes up... seriously, that monsterous thing, but with Luffy's personality in it, oh man.
Old 2007-05-16, 11:19   Link #9
marvelB

Hooray, the full chapter came out early again! Some VERY interesting things to point out:

-The victims lose consciousness for TWO days, not three.

-The reason that salt purifies zombies is because it holds the power of the sea, which as we know cancels out DF powers.

-Franky asks Brooke a question before they split up. The question isn't shown, but Brooke's answer touched Franky, because he's later seen cyring and says "I love that damn skeleton!" Methinks that Brooke's chances of joining increased even more....

-The name of the person who defeated Moria in the New World is "Kaidou" (who I personally think is a Yonkou).

-Absalom's dream is to become a "Graveyard King". Perona wants to make a country of cute zombies. Hogback talks about when he met Moria 10 years ago. The spider mice then arrive to tell them about Brooke's arrival.

-When Brooke and Ryuuma face each other, Brooke says that Ryuuma is just his shadow, but the samurai says that since he's a legendary samurai he's on a different level. The two prepare to fight...

-Moria and his crew are in 900's freezer. He says that the demon is a legendary villain who caused all sorts of trouble throughout the oceans 500 years ago. The demon's name : Oz.

Yep, an awesome chapter indeed. I can't wait to find out more about Kaidou and Oz. Oz's design is pretty awesome. Speaking of which:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-16, 13:26   Link #10
Undertaker

Damn! Oz is looking pretty badass. can't wait to read the chapter...
Old 2007-05-16, 18:25   Link #11
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
-Moria and his crew are in 900's freezer. He says that the demon is a legendary villain who caused all sorts of trouble throughout the oceans 500 years ago. The demon's name : Oz.
since OZ is most likely stronger than Moria, i think luffy fighting him will be more interesting while someone else fight moria ...
but i am wandering if moria can keep both luffy's shadow and OZ body under his control, i am already seeing OZ destroying Moria ship.
Old 2007-05-16, 18:30   Link #12
Slayerx

Looks like i'm probably wrong about what i said earily about Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji... looks like the way things are going, Robin and Franky are probably gonna wake them up early... atleast Luffy that is (though i suspected he would wake up earlier anyway)

I'm also taking a guess, but i think next chapter, Ussop may try to Shoot Moria's hand to release Luffy's shadow and stall for time. the trio will be on the run if they can't pull that off while still hiding inside bearsy, but so will Luffy's shadow (it looks like it's trying to run away while in Moria's hand)... they'll have to catch it first before they can awaken Oz...

Y'know, i'm thinking that Moria awaking Oz may not work out for him... it may just spell trouble...

Moria himself doesn't seem to care if his minions turnout more powerful than he is so long as they are obediant... this is seen in that Moria belives he would not have lost in the new world if he had Zombie Oz with him, menaing he was pretty much expect Oz to beat up the guy for him... Moria makes certain that the shadows are obediant by taking only shadows that are weaker than himself, i assume that he is under the impression that those with a lower bounty are naturally fearful of those with higher bounties, which tends to be true in most cases...

However, in the case of Luffy, these impressions that Moria is under may blow up in his face. first off, Luffy himself does not give a damn about bounties, if he doesn't like somebody he'll charge in without thinking twice. Secondly, Luffy is not a follower, he has high aspirations, wanting to become the pirate king and all; he's not the type to like working under another captain. Third, Oz himself was apparently a demon, a monster amognst monsters so to speak, Oz probably wasn't the kind to take order... In short, Luffy + Oz = one rather disobediant zombie. Heh, i wouldn't be surprised if at one point, Zombie Oz yelled out "i'm gonna be the pirate King"

who knows, Moria may even end up being taken out by Oz and Oz turns takes over thiller bark, with Luffy needing to beat him.

[EDIT] ah, Ninja'd by airsblue while i was typing =p
Old 2007-05-16, 18:43   Link #13
Nuzzles

Great chapter
We got to see the zombie that Zoro got put in, too.
Old 2007-05-16, 19:48   Link #14
chitgoks

hmmm.. power of the sea eh?
then i would love to have a salt salt devil fruit ability hihihihi that would be unstoppable
Old 2007-05-16, 21:24   Link #15
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzzles View Post
Great chapter
We got to see the zombie that Zoro got put in, too.
Remember Gigolo of the Wind? That's Zoro.

The main question is, is Oz truly stronger than Moria? Every hint points to that, but it would be too cliche for Oz to turn against Moria and become the true final opponent of the arc. Oz also has zero connections with any of the major or minor characters, in other words, his evil is not significant, only his threat.

Here's my theory (kind of): The people get put to sleep from the shadow right? MAYBE one of the characters releases a shadow of another, and since the shadow returns, that person wakes up early. So before the final battles, what if we see like Sanji take out Gigolo, then Zoro takes out Oz, then Luffy takes out Moria? Kinda stupid, but wouldn't be a bad moment, particularly between Sanji and Zoro (Sanji: I rescued your shitty shadow shitty swordsman! Zoro: They put you in a penguin love-cook!).
Old 2007-05-16, 22:47   Link #16
Slayerx

Quote:
The main question is, is Oz truly stronger than Moria? Every hint points to that, but it would be too cliche for Oz to turn against Moria and become the true final opponent of the arc. Oz also has zero connections with any of the major or minor characters, in other words, his evil is not significant, only his threat.
Actually Oz would have a connection... he's got Luffy's Shadow. It's like Luffy fighting himself... only a few times larger... and possibly different powers...

Besides, Moria doesn't have much connection to the strawhat crew himself... being a Shichibukai alone doesn't really give him a connection... only connection i can see is him wanting to be pirate king, but that doesn't really seem much for that significant connection... but then again, Oz may have that dream now too =P
Old 2007-05-16, 23:12   Link #17
Nuzzles

Quote:
Remember Gigolo of the Wind? That's Zoro.
That's what I thought at first too. But the guy standing next to him in this chapter seems so much more like Zoro.
Old 2007-05-17, 00:50   Link #18
airsBlue

actually i was wandering about something ...

Moria steal the shadow of his opponent and put it on zombies, and the zombies will waken up having the skills and the personality of the original person.

Samurai Ryuuma had a great abilities but he missed something or skill that brooke had it, and he was able to complete his skills after he took brooke's shadow.

anyway what i want to know ... after SH take back their shadows will they gain the skills of the old zombies ??
Old 2007-05-17, 01:26   Link #19
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
Samurai Ryuuma had a great abilities but he missed something or skill that brooke had it, and he was able to complete his skills after he took brooke's shadow.
That's not how i read it... the way i see it, Ryuuma already had his own perfected skills, however, once he was combined with brooke he now knew two different sword styles, and instead of switching between the two, Zombie Ryuuma ended up combing the two styles
Quote:
anyway what i want to know ... after SH take back their shadows will they gain the skills of the old zombies ??
why would they? the reason the zombies gain the abilites is because the shadows have the imprint of their owner, and the reason they have their own abilites is because their bodies remeber their old selves... When the shadows go back to the strawhats their not taking anything from the zombies to give to the strawhats... the shadows belong to the orginal ower and them alone, they never actually belong to the zombies

one thing i am however wondering... Brooke mentions the zombies die when the orginal owner dies... knowing this, wouldn't it be better for moria to imprison the shadow owners? i mean, without their shadows the owners can very easily die, all it takes is some exposure to light... really Moria could be in the new world with Oz leading the charge, all of sudden Luffy dies from accidently stepping into the light and Oz falls apart on him. i mean, the current method would make sense if the owners couldn't die from light (afterall, most poeple try to stay alive as much as possible)

Grant it, this actually does give one explaination to why Moria has his little operation in the triangle... with the heavy fog, his victims may just get lost and thus never get exposed to light, thus increasing their life span... though that would mean that that are like 900 poeple out their without shadows trying to stay out of the light, kind of hard to believe that... perhaps there's a limit to how long a shadow and person can stay apart until the shadow can exist after the persons death... or maybe death by light doesn't kill the shadow... hmmm....
Old 2007-05-17, 02:33   Link #20
airsBlue

Quote:
why would they? the reason the zombies gain the abilites is because the shadows have the imprint of their owner, and the reason they have their own abilites is because their bodies remeber their old selves... When the shadows go back to the strawhats their not taking anything from the zombies to give to the strawhats... the shadows belong to the orginal ower and them alone, they never actually belong to the zombies
umm.. as i understood the zombies gain the ability and the personality of the shadows owners...
now what after they take the shadow ... if the shadow owner gained a new skill or experience would the shadow obtain them even though they are not with their owners at that time ??
so brooke's shadow stayed with Ryuuma for about a 5 years, and the zombie keep his own personality and skills that he had before he died + the skills and the personality of his shadow ... so don't u think 5 years is enough to let the shadow obtain a few things from the zombie ...

and when the zombie fight a strong foe he will use his shadow skills also his own pasty skills so the shadow will learn the new skills, and when it return to it own owner, don't u think it would give him what it gain and learn what it missed while being away with from him ..
Closed Thread