Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-10, 17:10   Link #341
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Where do these rumors come from? I would be ecstatic if an anime of Omamori Himari was coming out. It can't be longer than 12 eps now of course and will either end with nothing or go with an original ending, but better than nothing.
Its just some rumor flooting around, its not like its real or false its just a rumor and also the reason why i pointed this out was because Shina Dark started this way before it got green-lit
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 23:45   Link #342
NoirCreation

Ah I'm happy to see I'm not alone in this world when it comes to Omamori Himari or Matra Milan for that matter.

Now I've noted a lot has been said and the fact that Matra Milan reuses character designs but slightly tweaks them so it not a clone. However I've been a fan of Matra Malin since early 2004, back then he was still just doing his normal and totally awesome H mangas a doujins. Anyway the point I'm trying to get at and doing a poor job at doing so is that Kuesu is virtually a total clone of a character from one of Matra's early H mangas, Palladium Garden. The character is was the magic using maid, I think her name was Kayla. Granted Matra's style has only gotten better since Palladium Garden but even so not only do Kayla and Kuesu share the virtually the same hair style the also share the same hair color and their eyes are dangerously close as well. They even have the same moon shaped symbol on their foreheads.

LOL to be honest when i 1st saw Kuesu my jaw just about hit the floor cause I thought for sure that Matra was trying to link Omamori Himari into the same universe of Palladium Garden. I can't say I'd be shocked Matra seemed to like Kayla a lot since she made not 1 but 2 spaced out cameos in 2 short stories in a H manga he dished out sometime in 2006 which was basically a collection of original shorts stories a few of which featured characters from previous H mangas he had done like Palladium which came out in 2004 if I recall right.
If anyone would like I could get a few pics of Kayla both from Palladium Garden and the cameos in which Matra's style had gotten to almost the same line of Omamori Himari.
I have to say I was super stoked when I discovered he had started Omamori Himari which was his 1st main stream manga series. Typically I got my self volume 1 and then later volume 2 both of which had me rolling even though I had no clue what was being said but the english scan translations were a gift from god for me.

To be honest after I read volume one I became worried that he'd drop the project which would have sucked since at that point it showed so much promise and so far it hasn't let me down at all. The reason for my worry was that his Angelical Pendulum series could have been longer then 2 volumes but he found a way to drop out in volume 2 for whatever reasons. Perhaps he could find new angles for the plot or perhaps he no longer was motivated to push forward with it, bottom line is it ended sooner then I'd have thought. Since Omamori Himari was outside his normal field it only added to my fears that he wouldn't be able to keep his old routine in check and the inner conflict would break him down but thank god I was wrong and I hope I stay wrong. Of course I don't need to tell any of you that even if Omamori Himari lacks all the way H scenes, Matra has substituted those with more fan service then anything else he had done (though fan service in h mangas are virtually unheard of due the the nature of the subject matter) and lately he's getting bold and get pretty borderline but I ain't complaining.

Anyway thats about all I have to say I know it was a mouth full but you all are the 1st people I've run across who even know about this series and if you want some pics of Kayla just let me know and I'll post some (no worries they will be H free).
NoirCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 00:15   Link #343
ArikuY

Yeah, i have most of Matra Milan manga and doujin, i'm also kinda surprised when i saw both Himari and Kuesu, since they're similar than Kileili and Matra.
But this's this and that's that, and story/plot in Omamori is somehow better, so i'm enjoy it =D, hope it'll be animated some day ...

Btw, i had some luck today, ...be able to get jap raw for chap 26 ... now all i need is chap 25, so sooner or later, some trans must come soon =D

Spoiler:

Last edited by ArikuY; 2008-12-11 at 04:37.
ArikuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 00:53   Link #344
NoirCreation

Well of course Omamori Himari's story/plot is better because the focus is on character development rather then finding a way to give a bunch of sex scenes a plot and a purpose if any. I think I was sold with this one since Matra found a good balance almost all across the board and the internal conflict of Amakawa and Himari's relationship to be ingenious. I found the whole allergy aspect a nice angle to serve as a good barrier between the 2 for now. Plus Amakawa while not impulsive in his desires doesn't fully shrink away but rather react in a decent manner of mix emotions normally awkwardness and the normal confusion that happens in newly forming romantic relationships.
Though I'll be honest Amakawa does seem a little dense at time especially in those scenes which involve breast grabbing or them rubbing against him while his eyes are unable to visually determine the object. Now I will go a bit easy on that aspect since even though their is a bit of confusions Matra portrays that the confusion is vanishing almost as fast as the the question of to what the"object(s)" might be.
Seeing how lots of people have stated what attracted them to this series I guess I'll toss my own reasons out as well.
It was way back in 04 when I 1st stumbled upon Kitty Mint which was another one of Matra Milan's 1st H mangas. Now I was no stranger to H products at that point and i had seen my fair share of mangas but something about Matra's style just was so appealing that I fell in love with it. Back then he was still developing and he hadn't fully gotten the hang of what you see now now in Omamori Himari. I have to say that since I do have almost all his original H mangas, that his style has come a long way over the past 4 years alone. Now I love every aspect of it but back then when he was still growing the apsect I like the most was how he did hair and eyes. Don't ask why those were what hooked me I really don't know aside form the fact that it was those 2 things.
I'll say one last thing I like about Omamori Himari compared to his past work which I still treasure dearly. Its the comedy which is so constant in this series and while it does have a rather serious plot and certainly has some darkness to it I always enjoy a good laugh. I'm a sucker for romantic comedies especially in the harem nature since rivalries always make for some great and priceless moments XD. Frankly while some of his old work did have some comedic value sporadically at time the main focus was always on the erotic nature and not of the amusement. I didn't think Matra would even be able to pull of such a great stunt since his past work never sparkled with so much well executed romantic hi jinks. So when I have one of my favorite H manga artist doing a mainstream supernatural action love comedy and doing a damn fine job at developing it. There isn't much more then I could have ever asked for since it was truly a dream come true. I hope that this series takes Matra places and hopefully some international attention he sure deserves it :3.
BTW my offer still stands regarding the pics of Kayla.
NoirCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 02:47   Link #345
jzmagic
flargansbog

Just started reading this manga, and it rocks
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 07:09   Link #346
Dark Mage

What the hell is that a vampire? She is hot though
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 07:37   Link #347
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
What the hell is that a vampire? She is hot though
Ageha, a hinoenma. Not vampire (though they have similar traits).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 09:58   Link #348
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ageha, a hinoenma. Not vampire (though they have similar traits).
(Nod... Nod...)
But she more like Plasticgirl than a Hot-Blood Sucking demon girl.She can stretch her hand at will to reach her enemy.And it's look like she will be added to Yuuto harem as well
the last page of this chapter give me some question,How the hell Himari return to her normal human form?,isn't she just a Loli-Neko-Bosomi a page before?

And Kuesu....poor girl.. she still waiting for Yuuto to call her back,while Yuuto at his home being pulled by Himari and Shuzuku (damn!what a lucky bastard!) as Rinko waiting to smash his head with a mace
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 18:59   Link #349
Sakome

This manga is amazing! I am really enjoying it so far. The artwork is great, clear and the girls are absoloutely beautiful with great personalities. It has a good mix so far of comedy, action and ecchi with a cool perspective on japanese mythology. I was wondering though what chapter is the series on? Recently it seems that the scanlations have slowed down so I was wondering, this series seems pretty new.

Himari might my fav manga girl ever now. The fact she uses old fashioned english is a interesting twist with her character as well as the cat girl thing. Yuuto is a male lead that has the willpower of a god i tell you haha. I hope he becomes a badass later with his great harem in tow!
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 19:14   Link #350
Sakome

Has there been any new chapters recently?
Old 2008-12-19, 21:41   Link #351
ArikuY

No, although the newest chapter in jap is 27 so far.
Maybe the problem is getting j-raw, since nobody interested in scanlating from chinese raw...
Old 2008-12-24, 09:17   Link #352
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArikuY View Post
No, although the newest chapter in jap is 27 so far.
Maybe the problem is getting j-raw, since nobody interested in scanlating from chinese raw...
It's strange though, how the hell Chinese scanlator find the Raw before any other scanlator group.And furthermore...THEY DIDN'T SHARE THE J-RAW with US!! ups!my capslock!
hope chapter 25 or vol 5 come out soon
If only they released in Singapore......I'd gladly come there to buy it
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 00:31   Link #353
ArikuY

Yeah, i got j-raw for chap 27, .... maybe i'll make a quick trans for this =D

Spoiler for Ho ho ho... Bikini competition:

Last edited by ArikuY; 2009-01-01 at 02:37.
Old 2009-01-01, 02:49   Link #354
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakome View Post
This manga is amazing! I am really enjoying it so far. The artwork is great, clear and the girls are absoloutely beautiful with great personalities. It has a good mix so far of comedy, action and ecchi with a cool perspective on japanese mythology. I was wondering though what chapter is the series on? Recently it seems that the scanlations have slowed down so I was wondering, this series seems pretty new.

Himari might my fav manga girl ever now. The fact she uses old fashioned english is a interesting twist with her character as well as the cat girl thing. Yuuto is a male lead that has the willpower of a god i tell you haha. I hope he becomes a badass later with his great harem in tow!
Himari is a pretty good character but... shes a cat! If someday I can get around that fact, should would possibly also be one of my fav also. I hoping to see anime adaption for this manga
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 07:41   Link #355
Sakome

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Himari is a pretty good character but... shes a cat! If someday I can get around that fact, should would possibly also be one of my fav also. I hoping to see anime adaption for this manga
I think at this point there isn't enough to do a full adaptation, they could cover what has been released so far but then they would have to make things up. Unless the series is much further than the scanlations have been. It would still be great if they did though. If they get any voice actresses I hope Ayako Kawasumi plays Himari in her Saber like voice, and Yukari Tamura plays the water girl (can't think of her name atm) in her evil Rika voice. Someone that sounds cute when angry would have to play Rinko.
Old 2009-01-11, 07:52   Link #356
TV's Frank

Childhood Friend

I just found this manga by accident while checking out onemanga's site. I am really enjoying it except for one thing. I am not trying to pick a fight with fans of Rinko, but she is my least favorite character in the series. I have a bad feeling that she instead of Himari will be the one Yuuto will wind up with in the end. She is the least attractive both physically and emotionally (yes I am shallow, I prefer the hour glass shaped girls). I don't dig on the whole hitting thing Ken Akamatsu seems to have made popular in manga. Speaking of Akamatsu-san, Love-hina was another example of this, Mutsumi was my favorite girl (Motoko was awesome as well). I like harem manga and anime in general but it seems my choice of the best girl is never picked. The author/director seems to say "look your never gonna get this hot of a girl in real life so here's your door prize chick." That's just depressing to me, this is fantasy right, can't we see the guy wind up with a girl like Himari in something besides an H manga! I am usually left with an empty feeling after reading/watching a harem style story because of this. I have even gone so far as to write my own endings to different stories in a notebook. I don't want to sound too negative I am enjoying this story especially the more tender moments between Himari and Yuuto. I am just bracing myself for the Rinko ending or the Himari combines with Rinko and becomes one girl gimmick. If that's the ending just kill Yuuto so none of them get to be with him. Sorry if I sound bitter I guess I take some of this too seriously sometimes.
TV's Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:01   Link #357
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV's Frank View Post
I just found this manga by accident while checking out onemanga's site. I am really enjoying it except for one thing. I am not trying to pick a fight with fans of Rinko, but she is my least favorite character in the series. I have a bad feeling that she instead of Himari will be the one Yuuto will wind up with in the end. She is the least attractive both physically and emotionally (yes I am shallow, I prefer the hour glass shaped girls). I don't dig on the whole hitting thing Ken Akamatsu seems to have made popular in manga. Speaking of Akamatsu-san, Love-hina was another example of this, Mutsumi was my favorite girl (Motoko was awesome as well). I like harem manga and anime in general but it seems my choice of the best girl is never picked. The author/director seems to say "look your never gonna get this hot of a girl in real life so here's your door prize chick." That's just depressing to me, this is fantasy right, can't we see the guy wind up with a girl like Himari in something besides an H manga! I am usually left with an empty feeling after reading/watching a harem style story because of this. I have even gone so far as to write my own endings to different stories in a notebook. I don't want to sound too negative I am enjoying this story especially the more tender moments between Himari and Yuuto. I am just bracing myself for the Rinko ending or the Himari combines with Rinko and becomes one girl gimmick. If that's the ending just kill Yuuto so none of them get to be with him. Sorry if I sound bitter I guess I take some of this too seriously sometimes.

I dont think you have too worry too much about who will end up with who. Since this could be one of those typical manga´s that the manga will end without deciding who will be with who.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:51   Link #358
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Ugh, there was that three-chapter spurt of translation a month ago and now nothing again... I thought there were more chapters in this section.

If there's anything I hate about following a manga being released in Japan right now it's this wait....

Okay, any manga because it holds true for waiting for volumes to be released on American ports of manga.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 13:53   Link #359
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirCreation View Post
(cut down NoirCreation's long posts)
Kuesu is virtually a total clone of a character from one of Matra's early H mangas, Palladium Garden. The character is was the magic using maid, I think her name was Kayla. Granted Matra's style has only gotten better since Palladium Garden but even so not only do Kayla and Kuesu share the virtually the same hair style the also share the same hair color and their eyes are dangerously close as well. They even have the same moon shaped symbol on their foreheads.
I hope that this series takes Matra places and hopefully some international attention he sure deserves it :3.
BTW my offer still stands regarding the pics of Kayla.
I think Kayla was just a name change for the Chinese version. Jinguuji Kuesu is her name in both works. From this.

I agree he definitely does deserve recognition. I guess the problem is that he doesn't have too many non-adult works, so he needs to pile those up before he actually becomes well-known outside of the adult field.

And wow. That RAW is very clean. And the content is wonderful too

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2009-01-11 at 14:22.
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 19:16   Link #360
TV's Frank

Omamori Himari anime

I would also like to see Omamori Himari turned into an anime, but who do you all like as the studio to produce it? Personally, I like JC Staff. Their work in Maburaho and Mahoraba was really good to me. The way they draw their eyes and the body types along with the hair designs is pretty close to Omamori Himari. Square/Enix could sponsor the show as they have done with other lesser known anime. Shaft is another good studio. I have really enjoyed Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei that they produced. Just one request to whoever may pick this series up please give it plenty of frames per second so it will be pleasing to watch. I enjoyed transformers as a kid but the animation frames were sparse and many companies seem to take a new series and cut back on the quality.
One more thing, where are most of you reading the Omamori scans (if I may ask) onemanga is only up to chapter 24. Thanks!
TV's Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, licensed, romance, shounen