AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-22, 23:26   Link #7061
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
True, just hope its good, I'm really curious if and how he'll play a part in Kallen's capture

Meh, I'm still an avid supporter of the C.CXLelouch pairing, I still think they have pretty good odds in regards toward being the end one, but you know, after the display of idiocy concerning romance while trying to figure out what was wrong with marrying Tian Zi off and reverting back to his siscon tendencies for a moment I'm just really hoping Lelouch starts to actually think of women in general. Oh how Kaguya completely missed the mark concerning her beloved Zero and his tendencies
Maybe in getting her off with a light tap on the wrist. Unless he knows about Geass and allows his daughter to be mindwiped.

I found it funny that he seemed unnerved that even C.C. had a problem with it. The fact he didn't get why it was a problem is rather troubling. He gets it now though it still doesn't seem like C.C. is really much of an option in romantic terms. She isn't giving off anything to appear as such and her position with Lelouch and the plot don't appear to be leading into this. He has also yet to interact with Kallen after this change with him so along with the fact that he plans to rescue her, her chances really just keep getting better.

I don't see how anyone could consider C.C. an option anymore with her position with things.

Did anyone find Shirley's examples funnier since they were clearly all things she has done?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-22, 23:30   Link #7062
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Maybe in getting her off with a light tap on the wrist. Unless he knows about Geass and allows his daughter to be mindwiped.

I found it funny that he seemed unnerved that even C.C. had a problem with it. The fact he didn't get why it was a problem is rather troubling. He gets it now though it still doesn't seem like C.C. is really much of an option in romantic terms. She isn't giving off anything to appear as such and her position with Lelouch and the plot don't appear to be leading into this. He has also yet to interact with Kallen after this change with him so along with the fact that he plans to rescue her, her chances really just keep getting better.

I don't see how anyone could consider C.C. an option anymore with her position with things.

Did anyone find Shirley's examples funnier since they were clearly all things she has done?

Uhh, last I checked none of the other girls seemed like they were being considered as romantic options consider Lelouch thought about Nunnally out of all people when it came to love when that wasn't technically the love they were talking about...
Old 2008-06-22, 23:40   Link #7063
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Uhh, last I checked none of the other girls seemed like they were being considered as romantic options consider Lelouch thought about Nunnally out of all people when it came to love when that wasn't technically the love they were talking about...
Shirley will be dealing with Lelouch over the event as well as that whole kiss misunderstanding and I can't possibly think how Lelouch is going to get out of that one. If he rejects her, she'll probably be crushed and hate him for it.

C.C. is out of the picture for a while because she's searching for the Cult. Her general interaction with Lelouch among other things seem to be giving the impression that Taniguchi won't be doing anything in terms of romance with her at all and that the point they are partners and nothing more has been stressed very greatly to the point where I think they have made it quite clear nothing is not and never was going to happen.

Kallen will be going to Britannia for who knows what, but the fact she is critical and will be heavily addressed later during a rescue seems to clinch things for her.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-22, 23:43   Link #7064
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Shirley will be dealing with Lelouch over the event as well as that whole kiss misunderstanding and I can't possibly think how Lelouch is going to get out of that one. If he rejects her, she'll probably be crushed and hate him for it.

C.C. is out of the picture for a while because she's searching for the Cult. Her general interaction with Lelouch among other things seem to be giving the impression that Taniguchi won't be doing anything in terms of romance with her at all and that the point they are partners and nothing more has been stressed very greatly to the point where I think they have made it quite clear nothing is not and never was going to happen.

Kallen will be going to Britannia for who knows what, but the fact she is critical and will be heavily addressed later during a rescue seems to clinch things for her.
Uhhh, the last time I checked the Cult is a pretty critical issue that needs to be dealt with by Lelouch as well, especially now that Jeremiah is going to be making his reappearance
Old 2008-06-22, 23:45   Link #7065
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That doesn't need to mean anything for romance. It still doesn't change that they have been stressing that Lelouch and C.C. are just partners. It's like how everyone thought Jeremiah and Viletta were involved and the staff denied they ever were.

Old 2008-06-22, 23:47   Link #7066
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
It's like how everyone thought Jeremiah and Viletta were involved
I can honestly say that I never thought that. Their relationship came off to me as being very good friends.
Old 2008-06-22, 23:49   Link #7067
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I can honestly say that I never thought that. Their relationship came off to me as being very good friends.
I never thought they were involved either, but I have seen many bring the topic up and Viletta's VA and the staff made a point of saying they weren't.

Why do the tags keep getting reset? The last set didn't seem as out there as before.

Last edited by Dann of Thursday; 2008-06-23 at 00:17.
Old 2008-06-23, 03:47   Link #7068
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well... for me, I haven't anything against the usual pairings even though some seem really implausible to me, but my personal preference happens to be Lelouch and Shirley. That's just me, though, each pairing has its strengths and weaknesses. Except for the really implausible ones, like Suzaku and Shirley, Suzaku and Kallen, Suzaku and Nunally. (No, not against Suzaku pairings, but Suzaku knows that Shirley's heart is set on Lelouch, Kallen could never be with Suzaku after all that's happened; her loyalty is to Zero, and finally, because all sorts of crap will hit the fans if Nunally finds out that Suzaku sold out her brother to the Emperor.)

But yeah, I just prefer Lulu x Shirley, followed by a tie between Lulu x C.C. and Lulu x Kallen.
Old 2008-06-23, 03:50   Link #7069
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
On an actual topic of what's occured this most recent episode:

-Xing-ke and Tianzi is as cannon as cannon gets (assuming he lives long enough for her to grow up and marry him). No lolicon for you! +
-Lelouch, C.C., Kallen had no developments other than possible future developments. +0 Possible: Fractals are possible!
-Lelouch thought of Nunally when reminded about love by Shirley. -1 to everyone!
-Shirley kissed by Sayoko. -1 Shirley. +9000+ ShirleyxSayako.
-Anya +??

C.C.xLelouch: -1
KallenxLelouch: -01 (more zeroes! Automatically better!)
ShirleyxLelouch: -2
ShirleyxSayako: +8999+
Xing-kexTianzi: Complete Win-1.
Varx(vs.?)Forum: +Logic-1.
Anya: +??-1

*Ninjafix*
This seems like a good jumping point...I won't argue the numbers since nobody's really keeping score anyway...

Anyway, first of all, we don't really know for sure what happened with Sayako and Shirley. It wasn't shown on screen, so I can still hope that Shirley's lips weren't dirtied by those of another person. *glares at Sayako* lol just kidding, but yeah I'm not gonna take Sayako's...actions...as a positive or negative until the situation has been resolved.

Second, something UnnamedPhenomenon mentioned as well (for which I thank you) was how Shirley once again provided emotional support and clarification for Lelouch. I can't really interpret this romantically for certain but Sunrise really is being suspicious in the manner in which they're using her character. The whole scenario wasn't even particularly plausible (I mean, why is Lelouch carrying around his cellphone while he's off in China instead of letting Sayako handle his calls? What if somebody refers to something they said over the phone to Sayako and she doesn't know what they're talking about?) and plotwise it was pretty ridiculous. So all in all, I'm pretty sure that Shirley is being set up for something here.

Anyway, yes Dann, I also found the fact that all the things Shirley was listing was actually talking about herself hilarious. :P I'm glad you're starting to see the charm of her character now.

edit: Rising Dragon, nice to meet you! I'm glad to see other ShirleyxLelouch supporters coming out of the woodworks.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2008-06-23 at 07:25.
Old 2008-06-23, 07:15   Link #7070
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

The whole scenario wasn't even particularly plausible (I mean, why is Lelouch carrying around his cellphone while he's off in China instead of letting Sayako handle his calls? What if somebody refers to something they said over the phone to Sayako and she doesn't know what they're talking about?) and plotwise it was pretty ridiculous.

A long shot, but from Lelouch's reply it seems that he rarely get any calls from people, so he assumes they're usually very important.

Another reason may be that he still wants to be in the loop for certain things; Sayako might not be able to handle organization work, and it doesn't look like he has any direct communication with them.
Old 2008-06-23, 07:31   Link #7071
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
On an actual topic of what's occured this most recent episode:

-Xing-ke and Tianzi is as cannon as cannon gets (assuming he lives long enough for her to grow up and marry him). No lolicon for you! +
-Lelouch, C.C., Kallen had no developments other than possible future developments. +0 Possible: Fractals are possible!
-Lelouch thought of Nunally when reminded about love by Shirley. -1 to everyone!
-Shirley kissed by Sayoko. -1 Shirley. +9000+ ShirleyxSayako.
-Anya +??

C.C.xLelouch: -1
KallenxLelouch: -01 (more zeroes! Automatically better!)
ShirleyxLelouch: -2
ShirleyxSayako: +8999+
Xing-kexTianzi: Complete Win-1.
Varx(vs.?)Forum: +Logic-1.
Anya: +??-1

*Ninjafix*
Good job, boy !

BTW, the VillettaXOugi pairing made a fantastic comeback in this thread. Now it's the third couple !!!

1. Lelouch x C.C. 648 67.78%
2. Lelouch x Kallen 349 36.51%
3. Viletta x Ougi 162 16.95%
Old 2008-06-23, 07:33   Link #7072
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Shouldn't we have a new Romance Thread (Take 3) ?

What with the new characters and developments and all...
Old 2008-06-23, 07:38   Link #7073
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Good job, boy !

BTW, the VillettaXOugi pairing made a fantastic comeback in this thread. Now it's the third couple !!!

That's nice to know
Old 2008-06-23, 07:39   Link #7074
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A long shot, but from Lelouch's reply it seems that he rarely get any calls from people, so he assumes they're usually very important.

Another reason may be that he still wants to be in the loop for certain things; Sayako might not be able to handle organization work, and it doesn't look like he has any direct communication with them.
Yeah, I guess so, but it still runs the risk of blowing his cover. I guess my point is that the lengths to which the writers went to include that scene (spending quite a bit of screentime setting Lelouch up as being clueless as to why he shouldn't use a loli for a political marriage, and then conveniently having Shirley call him) would be a bit of a stretch if they only included it for comedic purposes. Like I said, the very specific way Sunrise is using Shirley's character (this is the second time now, following Shirley's wish in episode 7) seems to be setting her up for something.

Oh, and just some analysis on the whole Sayako thing as well, now. Shirley looked really upset when Lelouch came back and that whole look and tone just doesn't really come twice. Since she was interrupted, I think the ball is in Lelouch's court now, and he'll have to remember and confront her about it since I think Shirley will probably avoid him for now. I really wonder what Sayoko said to make her that way though.

edit:

Quote:

:P That happened a while ago, actually. But yes, you've been very kind to me Narona but it looks like we are true rivals now .

Quote:
Lelouch x Shirley 145 15.17%
Old 2008-06-23, 07:44   Link #7075
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Like I said, the very specific way Sunrise is using Shirley's character (this is the second time now, following Shirley's wish in episode 7) seems to be setting her up for something.
I'm happy, so after Turn11 I'm not the only one who think the good pairing will be ShirleyXLulu!!! I can feel it !

I know, you didn't say it, Sol, but that's what you think, don't you?
Old 2008-06-23, 07:46   Link #7076
Tokkan

Shirley will surely die, I'm quite sure of it all. *shot once for the suggestion and shot a second time for the pun*
Old 2008-06-23, 07:47   Link #7077
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Shirley will surely die, I'm quite sure of it all. *shot once for the suggestion and shot a second time for the pun*
You're so cruel, Tokkan
Old 2008-06-23, 07:49   Link #7078
Sol Falling

Quote:
I'm happy, so after Turn11 I'm not the only one who think the good pairing will be ShirleyXLulu!!! I can feel it !

I know, you didn't say it, Sol, but that's what you think, don't you?
Trying to butter me up...well I guess it worked. It's true, I'm hoping that this'll all turn out for ShirleyxLelouch in the end, and I guess since you're so generous I'll let you have the number three spot for now. :P
Old 2008-06-23, 07:49   Link #7079
Var
Banned

Quote:
Like I said, the very specific way Sunrise is using Shirley's character (this is the second time now, following Shirley's wish in episode 7) seems to be setting her up for something.
They are also seemingly setting her up for the fall. She's getting tied to things that Lelouch is leaving behind, or moving away from. First in Ep.7 they tied her to Nunally, by the end of Ep.8 Lelouch had left Nunally behind in better hands. In Ep.11 they tied her to the past and then she recieved a kiss from the fake Lelouch (which is ironic, since she only knows a fake Lelouch). This isn't exactly the same as Nunally; but they tied her to an old part of Lelouch. They've tied her to a life that Lelouch is keeping up through lies.

So I'm really skeptical if their setting her up for anything other than a fall. Her expression at the end of Ep.11 didn't bode well either. Nor Orange's coming to Ashford.
Old 2008-06-23, 07:53   Link #7080
Tokkan

Quote:
They are also seemingly setting her up for the fall. She's getting tied to things that Lelouch is leaving behind, or moving away from. First in Ep.7 they tied her to Nunally, by the end of Ep.8 Lelouch had left Nunally behind in better hands. In Ep.11 they tied her to the past and then she recieved a kiss from the fake Lelouch (which is ironic, since she only knows a fake Lelouch). This isn't exactly the same as Nunally; but they tied her to an old part of Lelouch. They've tied her to a life that Lelouch is keeping up through lies.

So I'm really skeptical if their setting her up for anything other than a fall. Her expression at the end of Ep.11 didn't bode well either. Nor Orange's coming to Ashford.
I agree with this, that's why I'm sure that she'll die.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance