AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-08, 14:53   Link #1101
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Just to nit-pick a little bit. Doesn't 同時進行means that "going on simultaneously?"
It does. I was thinking of the word concurrently and for some reason wrote consecutively. Thank you for pointing that out. I will fix it immediately.

Edit: Since we've started a new page, here is the information mentioned in the past few posts:
Quote:
Spoilers for Newtype are starting to come out now. There is a feature on the next volumes included. I apologize for the small size, but this is the biggest I've got:

Quote:
As with Dissociation, Surprise will concurrently tell the α and β stories. How will the two stories that started in Dissociation end? The series' longest story is a must-read. As soon as it's released, you should be opposite this super epic!

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-05-08, 21:26   Link #1102
got-pwned

Sorry to come out of the blue, but I've read the 9th novel many time and I think that the SLIDER is Okamoto because of the following lines in that same novel:

Quote:
"Kyon, I was talking on the phone with Sudou yesterday. Seems he wanted to have a gathering with our classmates from third-year middle school. Although he didn't mention it, according to my gut feelings as well as various reports from multiple sources, he is still unable to forget her. And from my observations, the girl that Sudou likes seemed to be Okamoto who got into a girls' school. Do you still remember her? The girl with the curly hair, a rather cute appearance and a member of the sports society."
Quote:
"There are a few people with whom I got along with quite well in the past, but we have not met since middle school graduation. As for Okamoto, I am unable to recall who exactly she is at this moment, so I would gladly leave the seat next to her to Sudou."

Quote:
"It was Okamoto, a person in the same section as us who had come bringing worksheets about our future plans..."
Quote:
"I woke up just when I was able to recall the facial features of Okamoto."
Quote:
"Calculating from the heights of their head, she seemed to be about the same height as Nagato. As for weight, she should be lighter than her. The hair seemed like it had been dried with a hairdryer after a perm, curling up like a smiley face at the ends."
What do you people think about that?

Last edited by got-pwned; 2011-05-08 at 22:27.
Old 2011-05-08, 22:56   Link #1103
ijuinkun

Well, the mysterious girl who calls Kyon and who was at the SOS recruitment meeting was clearly supposed to be a year below Kyon in school . . .
Old 2011-05-09, 16:04   Link #1104
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

That, and if he "was able to recall the facial features of Okamoto", then he'd have said it was her when he saw her at the recruitment meeting... Especially since he singles her out out of all the other attendees.
Old 2011-05-10, 08:17   Link #1105
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Once speculated, it is now confirmed that Sasaki will be making an appearance in the short story Rainy Day:

This is from the latest Newtype about Rainy Day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasaki
It's a story from Kyon and my middle school days. I'm a little embarrassed about it though.
(The rest is stating that for those who missed reservations, the common edition comes out in a month, there's a new fanbook out at the same time, please check the website for more information, and other things that have been stated in the novel thread beforehand)

Also, here's another reminder: it is too early for books to be arriving at bookstores. Likely next Friday JST would be the early portion of the timeframe to expect spoilers as that was when the credible rumors for the latest Ore no Imouto started to be spread. Anything currently out there is entirely unconfirmed (and I've already seen one that I can't trust enough to post from the booklet).

Edit: If it's true, there's nothing really special happening from that leak.
Look below...

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2011-05-11 at 07:00.
Old 2011-05-11, 07:36   Link #1106
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Apologies for double-posting, but I thought this deserved a bump.

So a person on twitter was looking through a magazine when he/she found something of interest:

This was a mistake by the printing company and was the only page found. It's from the special Limited Edition booklet for Surprise; more specifically it appears to be one of the first pages of the story Rainy Day. I've done my best to translate but due to both my low level of Japanese and the image leaving out some characters, I caution that this isn't a 100% accurate translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaked page
It was during the spring vacation before my second year in high school. Until that reunion I had completely forgotten.... (unable to see, but likely "this incident" or something along those lines)

Sasaki often accompanied me after school. As had been the custom since spring, I would carry Sasaki on my bike to cram school. I felt it was my obligation to do so. Anyways, we were en route to the school one day in particular when we passed by my house. (Likely more details are included, but the image cuts out some characters)

Incidentally, my house was about halfway between our middle school and our cram school.

I had stopped by the door and was taking out my ladies bicycle when I hear the pitter-padder of footsteps. The door opened and my sister had appeared.

"Kyon-kun! Welcome home!"

At that time holding a bag with soy sauce in it was my 9 year old sister, who was in the fourth year of elementary school. Her snack was half eaten when she looked behind me and her eyes became as wide as a cat's.

"Ah! Sasaki-oneechan, did you stop by for a visit?" (missing some characters, but I'm sure it's this)

"Sorry I can't stay," said Sasaki with a cheerful smile. "Did you just leave from school too...(parts left out)? One day I'll come back and we'll play then, okay?"
If anyone can better translate this little portion, feel free to do so. I've done the best I can to convey it, but there's really nothing new outside of "Sasaki-oneechan." We'll find out when we near the official release.

Old 2011-06-15, 01:45   Link #1107
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Let me just say that from what I've been able to read of Surprise, it was well worth the wait.

OK, I have a few speculations that relate the novels and the future of the Haruhi series.

1. Volume 12 will be another short to medium length story collection. Volumes 9, 10 and 11 were all one huge story, and I believe Tanigawa-sensei may want to give us a breather and/or some more character development before the next big story arc.

2. The slider that Kyon is waiting for will either be an alternate version of himself(like Kyonko) or a significantly less powerful alternate version of Haruhi that may or not be older than him(as in around Asahina(Big)'s age).

3. Koizumi will get his "turn in the spotlight" story arc and in that we'll learn a lot more about his backstory. We will probably also learn more about Mori and possibly more about Tsuruya too.
Old 2011-06-15, 07:14   Link #1108
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Let me just say that from what I've been able to read of Surprise, it was well worth the wait.

OK, I have a few speculations that relate the novels and the future of the Haruhi series.

1. Volume 12 will be another short to medium length story collection. Volumes 9, 10 and 11 were all one huge story, and I believe Tanigawa-sensei may want to give us a breather and/or some more character development before the next big story arc.

2. The slider that Kyon is waiting for will either be an alternate version of himself(like Kyonko) or a significantly less powerful alternate version of Haruhi that may or not be older than him(as in around Asahina(Big)'s age).

3. Koizumi will get his "turn in the spotlight" story arc and in that we'll learn a lot more about his backstory. We will probably also learn more about Mori and possibly more about Tsuruya too.
I agree that volumn 12 should be just like that. The one story I really hope is covered is how White Day went. We never found out what Kyon got the girls in return for their chocolates.

I'm starting to wonder if a slider will ever come. It would be shame if one never showed.

Koizumi is LONG overdue for some character development, which is ironic given that he's had more dialog than anyone. And I certainly approve of learning more about Mori and Tsuruya!
Old 2011-06-17, 04:06   Link #1109
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
I agree that volumn 12 should be just like that. The one story I really hope is covered is how White Day went. We never found out what Kyon got the girls in return for their chocolates.

I'm starting to wonder if a slider will ever come. It would be shame if one never showed.

Koizumi is LONG overdue for some character development, which is ironic given that he's had more dialog than anyone. And I certainly approve of learning more about Mori and Tsuruya!
We definitely think alike regarding White Day. It would also make for a nice anime original episode in a new season if they decide to only go up to Intrigues and not touch EiCSA.

I know that reading the final chapter of Surprise has given me newfound respect for Koizumi as he has clearly taken a level in badass. I also think that since the series seems to be heading towards Kyon and Haruhi becoming a couple(and full disclosure this is my favorite pairing of the series), this would also likely mean that Koizumi can likely be more like himself.

There is one other thing that just occurred to me. I have only read up to Rampage and I have seen spoilers for the novels after that and I've read what it available of Surprise. Haruhi is important to the development of time travel, right? I know the boy with glasses that Kyon saved is the Father of Time Travel, but isn't Haruhi also very important as to almost being the Mother of Time Travel? So if that were the case then Fujiwara's actions in that last chapter of Surprise would be doomed to failure because of the Self-Consistency Principle, right?
Old 2011-06-17, 11:58   Link #1110
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
We definitely think alike regarding White Day. It would also make for a nice anime original episode in a new season if they decide to only go up to Intrigues and not touch EiCSA.

I know that reading the final chapter of Surprise has given me newfound respect for Koizumi as he has clearly taken a level in badass. I also think that since the series seems to be heading towards Kyon and Haruhi becoming a couple(and full disclosure this is my favorite pairing of the series), this would also likely mean that Koizumi can likely be more like himself.

There is one other thing that just occurred to me. I have only read up to Rampage and I have seen spoilers for the novels after that and I've read what it available of Surprise. Haruhi is important to the development of time travel, right? I know the boy with glasses that Kyon saved is the Father of Time Travel, but isn't Haruhi also very important as to almost being the Mother of Time Travel? So if that were the case then Fujiwara's actions in that last chapter of Surprise would be doomed to failure because of the Self-Consistency Principle, right?
Haruhi had already (accidentlly) laid out the principles of time-travel in a segment of the Literuture Club Journal that she wrote. In case you don't remember, that Journal was what the Student Council President forced the SOS Bridage to write in order to prevent the school from disbaning the Literature Club (and thus removing the SOS Brigade from the clubroom as well).
Old 2011-06-21, 19:34   Link #1111
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You know what would be really weird? If Mikuru only existed until some event that causes her not to exist, but she exists until the possibility of her existing ends.

In this Mikuru(both versions) exist in the time plane because their existance or non-existance hasn't been decided yet. Mikuru(BIG) knows what is coming so she reflects on her time in the SOS-dan fondly, because she knows her existance (in that time plane) will end after the deciding moment is past. So she will only exist as either (small or BIG) until that point. After that she will cease to exist in Haruhi and Kyon's time plane. She may continue to exist in her own time plane, but after the point of her existance in decided, she can no longer travel back to see the SOS-dan.

Too weird?

What would be weirder would be if Haruhi managed to break space-time to bring in another version of Mikuru into the time plane after the deciding point (because Haruhi doesn't want to loose a friend?) This Mikuru wouldn't know any different (maybe), but Mikuru(BIG) would be gone, and Mikuru(small) would no longer have contact with the future, since her future is now gone (or maybe never existed.) Only by the power of Haruhi does she exist at all now.

Unless it is decided that Mikuru will leave forever at graduation.
Old 2011-06-22, 18:09   Link #1112
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
Haruhi had already (accidentlly) laid out the principles of time-travel in a segment of the Literuture Club Journal that she wrote. In case you don't remember, that Journal was what the Student Council President forced the SOS Bridage to write in order to prevent the school from disbaning the Literature Club (and thus removing the SOS Brigade from the clubroom as well).
What exactly did she write there again? It's been awhile since I read those translations.
Old 2011-06-22, 22:22   Link #1113
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
What exactly did she write there again? It's been awhile since I read those translations.
She created the basic theory of time-travel. Like E=mc^2 for nuclear reactions. Mikuru said it is a permanent part of the school curriculum in her time. The only problem is no one actually knew where the theory originated...

Except now we know the Adult Mikuru knew, but didn't tell anyone.

Things get complicated when there was an attempt by terrorists who want to destroy time travel. As it means they can't just kill the future creator of time travel like they planned, but have to kill Haruhi as well.

The important thing I need to not, is that this conclusively proved that Haruhi created the Time Travellers. Not by magicking them into being like some had hypothesised, but by "simply" creating time travel.
Old 2011-06-23, 18:43   Link #1114
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
She created the basic theory of time-travel. Like E=mc^2 for nuclear reactions. Mikuru said it is a permanent part of the school curriculum in her time. The only problem is no one actually knew where the theory originated...

Except now we know the Adult Mikuru knew, but didn't tell anyone.

Things get complicated when there was an attempt by terrorists who want to destroy time travel. As it means they can't just kill the future creator of time travel like they planned, but have to kill Haruhi as well.

The important thing I need to note, is that this conclusively proved that Haruhi created the Time Travellers. Not by magicking them into being like some had hypothesised, but by "simply" creating time travel.
Because of Kyon's jump to the future, and just because I suspect that Kyon's speech in Melancholy(which inspired Haruhi to start the SOS Brigade) was a Chekhov's Speech(or Gun maybe to be correct) that will eventually be called back to if she does decide to more proactively contribute to the creation of time travel via more time travel theories and other possible contributions(maybe she helped write the Time Travel faction's rules or she helped with how people in the future became "wetwired").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You know what would be really weird? If Mikuru only existed until some event that causes her not to exist, but she exists until the possibility of her existing ends.

In this Mikuru(both versions) exist in the time plane because their existance or non-existance hasn't been decided yet. Mikuru(BIG) knows what is coming so she reflects on her time in the SOS-dan fondly, because she knows her existance (in that time plane) will end after the deciding moment is past. So she will only exist as either (small or BIG) until that point. After that she will cease to exist in Haruhi and Kyon's time plane. She may continue to exist in her own time plane, but after the point of her existance in decided, she can no longer travel back to see the SOS-dan.

Too weird?

What would be weirder would be if Haruhi managed to break space-time to bring in another version of Mikuru into the time plane after the deciding point (because Haruhi doesn't want to loose a friend?) This Mikuru wouldn't know any different (maybe), but Mikuru(BIG) would be gone, and Mikuru(small) would no longer have contact with the future, since her future is now gone (or maybe never existed.) Only by the power of Haruhi does she exist at all now.

Unless it is decided that Mikuru will leave forever at graduation.
So Mikuru would basically be a Schrödinger's Time Traveller? And since that particular quantum bubble hasn't been popped, she can exist in two versions until it has been decided which Mikuru stays in the current timeplane? Interesting theory, but it kind of does give me a headache trying to reason it out. I also suspect that working out the specifics takes this thread yet again close to Ontology territory.
Old 2011-06-23, 18:52   Link #1115
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Time travel tends to give one headaches.
Old 2011-06-24, 06:41   Link #1116
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Well at least we don't have to deal with an *All you Zombies* type scenario.
Old 2011-06-24, 13:54   Link #1117
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Well at least we don't have to deal with an *All you Zombies* type scenario.
Watch that be the reason as to why Kyon is so special.
Old 2011-06-26, 01:22   Link #1118
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Watch that be the reason as to why Kyon is so special.
LOL...or maybe I should just type www.

I can imagine some fanrage if that's what Kyon turns out to be. Or a lot of head-scratching and Tanigawa getting compared with Anno for weird twists.

OK...I know that talking about shipping is dangerous territory and there are different opinions. I am interested though in if Tanagawa-sensei is planning on putting any supporting characters in a relationship.

Like we know Taniguchi and Kuyoh dated briefly. But I wonder, what would be the chances of Koizumi hooking with say...Sasaki. Although it is possible that he might find a deeper connection with Kyouko now that she claims she is "retiring".
Old 2011-07-03, 22:10   Link #1119
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Sorry for the double post, I wanted to ask about something else(and I guess everyone wisely avoided the shipping prompt)

Any guesses on what Kadokawa will present us with on Tanabata? We know that they love to give hints and make us puzzle over things that they present us when dealing with animated stuff.

So if there is a new season in the works, how do you think they'd tease us? Maybe a message with the time travel code that Mikuru had to decypher for Kyon during Intrigues? Security camera footage of Kyon and Yuki at the library with someone watching them?
Old 2011-07-04, 01:21   Link #1120
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

I'm actually hoping for just straight-forwardness.

But Kadokawa loves puzzling Haruhi fans. I'm just hoping on Tanabata, its simple enough to understand.

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Closed Thread