AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 26 [Finale] Rating
Perfect 10 14 18.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 6.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 9.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 17.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 22.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 9.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-29, 22:33   Link #101
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
Well, it's time to move to more productive tasks >
Ngahahahaha, for those who wonder: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...22#post2673722
Old 2009-09-30, 00:30   Link #102
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
They are persons or groups who vowed their life to one person. especially if you follow back european histories, there were a lot of people who vowed their lifes to others, e.g. the Musketeers who vowed their life to the King, the knights of the round table, even to evil guys like Adolf Hitler who had his his devoted followers in the SS (note: not the Wehrmacht as not everybody were following blind). The moment Selveria had devoted her life to Max is the moment he has given her a name. For persons like her everything is on second priority even her own life. She is fine if she can serve the one person.
I'm not saying I don't understand why she would dedicated herself to him, what I'm saying is that it makes her coolness level way below 9,000.
Old 2009-09-30, 00:49   Link #103
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I'm not saying I don't understand why she would dedicated herself to him, what I'm saying is that it makes her coolness level way below 9,000.
Her coolness is over 9.000 in the game, when she goes up in a blaze of glory.
Old 2009-09-30, 00:58   Link #104
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Her coolness is over 9.000 in the game, when she goes up in a blaze of glory.
Suicide is never cool! What are you emo?

joking
Old 2009-09-30, 05:49   Link #105
kraken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Blah, I hate how Selvaria was portrayed in this series (probably the same as the game I assume). She doesn't think for herself and everything she does is for LELOUCH SAMA KAYAAAAAHHH! You can't be a badass character and obey such a jerk and wait on him hands and feet! Where's your pride gurlfriendz *snaps fingers* I know he saved your life but you don't need to be a tool for the rest of your life!
Selveria don't only serve Max because he saved her but also because she love him.
Old 2009-09-30, 10:43   Link #106
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

An one-sided love which is neither acknowledged nor appreciated. Makes you want to have Max live to put him through the emotion grinder.
Old 2009-09-30, 11:01   Link #107
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Selveria don't only serve Max because he saved her but also because she love him.
She would of been way cooler if she was into Yuri. There's no such thing as male Valkyrias so it would be Selvaria X Alicia ending!
Old 2009-10-01, 01:45   Link #108
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Is someone ever gonna sub the last episode!
Old 2009-10-01, 11:37   Link #109
Joe_fh

After the 25th episode do you really want this one subbed ? XD
But really there were way too many things wrong with th previous one so let's hope the put it together for the last one and do something good enough to end it.
Old 2009-10-02, 07:23   Link #110
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well after subjecting myself to 25 episodes of this travesty, I'd certainly like to see the ending, bad or not.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-10-03, 08:49   Link #111
klare

even at the important last eps, the show is still filled with illogical scenes and actions

i am glad this is over, i finished this for the sake of finishing it

Spoiler for i must say it out:
Old 2009-10-03, 17:01   Link #112
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Faldio's death was so gay. They didn't even show his body blown to bits nor he is mentioned in the epilogue.

I liked the epilogue at least, it was decent though a bit cliched. The ending song was also nice, though I would have loved to see more of Welkin and Alicia.
Old 2009-10-03, 17:52   Link #113
mpt37

The final fight with Maximilian should have been cut out. I can understand having it in the game because all video games need a final boss, but in the anime it was so forced. Like klare mentioned, Maximilian already has Alicia beat but he decides to show off his man-made Valkyria system. Isn't he supposed to be a brilliant commander?

To make things worst, the fight was so poorly done. Just a whole bunch of jumping around and senseless charging with no strategy involved. Also, Maximilian said that his spear is the strongest weapon, yet it's so weak! When Selvaria was using her spear she was clearing cutting rows of tanks. Maximilian couldn't even kill Welkin after scoring 3 hits.

The Alicia and Welkin scene was ok, but it was just too little, too late. One good scene wouldn't have salvaged this anime for me. Unless..
Spoiler for game spoilers:
Old 2009-10-03, 17:54   Link #114
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

LOL finally subbed .

And omg . Well a 7/10 for this episode for the kiss finally .
So Faldio will keep playing his "cool" and "hero" side till the end ROFL *explode*
OMG max ....
so in the end .
Alicia x Welkin
Faldio x Grenade
Marina x Pig
Edy x Homer
Rosie x the darcsen guy
Largo x the chief

still omg for the little girl .

An interesting , promising anime in the beginning who was falling down in the end .

6/10 for the anime .
Old 2009-10-03, 21:03   Link #115
KariOhki

Whoo, I made it to the end!

Episode:
-Rushed as all hell.
-And suddenly, people can get injured?! What is this, a war? Oh wait...
-GARdio's sacrifice = lol. And he didn't even get a namedrop in the ending...
-Final battle vs. Denka (my nickname for Max, I don't think I've used it) was cliched like woah. I think he used every bad guy cliche from "This is my true power" to "Game over. Die." Also the "I'm taking you down with me"
-Too bad that we didn't have more time, we could've had an epic escape sequence since there wasn't a plane (which I just found out about today)

Epilogue:
-Ohay it's Ellet. Almost forgot she existed
-Poor Jann
-Poor Lynn getting shafted like that
-Drillhair is hot in a dress
-Rosie/Zaka OTP

I'm glad it's over. I had fun, really, but that's because I was watching it with a couple other people. Overall it's a 6/10, but I'll wait for the "final thoughts" thread if we get one to do that.
Old 2009-10-03, 23:30   Link #116
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well... Um... It's finally over.

So, I'm gonna need some time to collect my thoughts on this, but I guess for those who've followed this series here since it's start know full well that I, as a game player, have thought that the anime adaption has been... less than stellar.

While I collect my thoughts on the last episode and the series in general, I'll leave this one talking point/observation:

Towards the end of the episode after Welkin and Alicia kiss, there's a faraway shot of the Marmota... and it appears to be totally fine. No billowing smoke, explosions, crap flyin' around.... Yeah, things that make you go, "Hmmm...." while watching Valkyria Chronicles.

I can't say I'm sad to see this series end. I guess now I just have to save some money, buy a PSP, and await the release of VC2 while hoping to hell it does well enough that they make a VC3 and put it back on PS3 where the VC series belongs.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-10-04, 05:05   Link #117
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

What happend to Falidio? Did he die?
Old 2009-10-04, 05:26   Link #118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
What happend to Falidio? Did he die?
That's what it looks like, though it's not confirmed.

Most of us deserve a pat on the back for official finishing this adaptation.
Old 2009-10-04, 07:12   Link #119
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I'll laugh if he come back to death "Hey people , i'm alive it's miraculous the grenade save my ass"
Old 2009-10-04, 08:02   Link #120
JokerD

Faldio's sniper part could have been handled by any 7 sniper at all, instead we get Engines who are having SMGs, Marina alternating between a sniper rifle and a assault rifle and Largo who ditched his lancer for a gun. (I'm nitpicking I know, but still...)

Other than that, how did a head on shot by Alicia produce a hole at the side of that tank?
Brunh is a dead town, even if they liberated it what, 6 eps ago?
What, no Lynn, my fav shock...
After all that talk about attacking the transfer unit on Max, they decide to overload it instead, and they made his death kinda noble (no surrender) instead of being dragged kicking and screaming in...

I should have played the game after the show, lowers my expectations a bit...
Closed Thread