Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-25, 13:49   Link #1161
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
~~ It isn't much about people finding it disgusting that a character is gay, it is something that I like having an option as in games however in DA2 it's simply like this: da people whined about Zevran being the only gay option, they wanted more specially with Alistair but were quite annoyed that he was straight (mods ftw though). ~~
Actually the developers did include an alternate romance path for Alistair, but it got scrapped before retail.

*cough*
Old 2011-03-25, 14:26   Link #1162
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Currently in Act 3 with snarky female Hawke and it has been a BLAST! The awkward pauses and uncomfortable silences as you make dead baby jokes and quip black comedy. It's brilliant, and hilarious!

It even affects your default dialogue set-up and initial conversations! In my first playthrough, when I mainly chose blue-dialogue options, the dialogue was almost always formal and prim and proper... not so if you mainly choose the purple-dialogue options.
It is, right ?
Got to play with sarcastic Hawke in my first playthrough, and now I don't think I can't change her attitude to the other two at all in my next playthrough It just...stuck in my head and she's pretty cool when we choose the purple options

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 15:18   Link #1163
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Snarky female Hawke is just too damn perfect. The voice actress's voice fits the dead baby jokes and Cloudcuckoolander nonsequiturs perfectly.

@-KarumA-: LOL that picture.

I wish I could kill Kaidan and Ashley permanently.
Old 2011-03-25, 15:20   Link #1164
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, she will always be my favorite rogue...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 15:44   Link #1165
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Snarky female Hawke is just too damn perfect. The voice actress's voice fits the dead baby jokes and Cloudcuckoolander nonsequiturs perfectly.

@-KarumA-: LOL that picture.

I wish I could kill Kaidan and Ashley permanently.
it took my 2nd play through to realize Ash was just that.. Ash.. I didnt care if she died but I couldnt let a woman died, if she was a man and so was Kaidan i'd just close my eyes and pick one after i try to find the hiden "Let them both die" option. I was a complete ass to her when she QQed about aliens on the ship.
Old 2011-03-26, 10:15   Link #1166
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I did i quick mental check to see which character I liked the least. Conclusion? Kaidan is basically Carth Onasi in Mass Effect. So he got to live on the account of reminding me about a great Star Wars game whenever he started talking.

I'm a very, very cruel commander.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 10:34   Link #1167
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I didn't like either of them, but I chose Kaidan out of the virtue of him being the one in charge of the bomb at the time, and that was far more vital than going out of the way to save Ashley whom I assigned to work with the aliens... just because I felt she needed it.

But this is a Dragon Age 2 thread, so let's talk about how just like Anders or Leliana, whoever died at Virmire would probably be brought back from the dead with a lame excuse! [/sarcasm]

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 14:22   Link #1168
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
True lets continue allong with DA2, the only reason why those 2 were added in the picture was maybe a sarcasm note. Bioware mods have stated that what you think happens might not happen at all, bring back characters ridiculously from the dead, people are kind of worried that they will do the same with ME3.

Also I finished my first playthrough yesterday night. I never had the feeling I was completing it, the boss battle in the end didn't even felt like a boss battle. It was piss easy, dull and boring nothing but hit the last boss as hard as you cana dn ignore any tactics. Just hit whatever comes your way and you'll win.

The pre boss was piss easy as well. Not only did I find it extremely lazy that he kept on showing up in the same corner he would dissapear again as quickly as he came in.

The trailer always gave me a sort of exciting feeling about the qunari boss as if that was the end. However I found that battle harder than these last ones.

That and

Spoiler for anders...:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 17:04   Link #1169
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
True lets continue allong with DA2, the only reason why those 2 were added in the picture was maybe a sarcasm note. Bioware mods have stated that what you think happens might not happen at all, bring back characters ridiculously from the dead, people are kind of worried that they will do the same with ME3.

Also I finished my first playthrough yesterday night. I never had the feeling I was completing it, the boss battle in the end didn't even felt like a boss battle. It was piss easy, dull and boring nothing but hit the last boss as hard as you cana dn ignore any tactics. Just hit whatever comes your way and you'll win.

The pre boss was piss easy as well. Not only did I find it extremely lazy that he kept on showing up in the same corner he would dissapear again as quickly as he came in.

The trailer always gave me a sort of exciting feeling about the qunari boss as if that was the end. However I found that battle harder than these last ones.

That and

Spoiler for anders...:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-26, 17:42   Link #1170
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

After the third time, killing the Arishok has gotten much easier, even on Hard. Really, the fight is a joke as long as you mash your party against the wall, then send a character with a spike damage ability to kill the two Sarebaas first.

Merrill is so ungodly overpowered I cannot even stand it, with her friendship bonus, Talisman of Sarebaas, Voracity, Ring of Ruin and 30+ constitution (250+ HP), she can cast spells basically forever with the healing off Wrath of the Elvhen. And Wounds of the Past is basically Blood Wound from Origins with an almost-zero HP cost.

I could probably solo the entire Arishok + buddies fight with just Merrill! Only problem is she gets knocked down a lot. I probably won't do another playthrough for a while, but next time I'm definitely going as a mage Hawke with force mage (with the +100 fortitude ability of course) and blood mage for pure overpowered ridiculousness.
Old 2011-03-26, 17:56   Link #1171
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
After the third time, killing the Arishok has gotten much easier, even on Hard. Really, the fight is a joke as long as you mash your party against the wall, then send a character with a spike damage ability to kill the two Sarebaas first.

Merrill is so ungodly overpowered I cannot even stand it, with her friendship bonus, Talisman of Sarebaas, Voracity, Ring of Ruin and 30+ constitution (250+ HP), she can cast spells basically forever with the healing off Wrath of the Elvhen. And Wounds of the Past is basically Blood Wound from Origins with an almost-zero HP cost.

I could probably solo the entire Arishok + buddies fight with just Merrill! Only problem is she gets knocked down a lot. I probably won't do another playthrough for a while, but next time I'm definitely going as a mage Hawke with force mage (with the +100 fortitude ability of course) and blood mage for pure overpowered ridiculousness.
In the early days of Dragon Age 2, when the game was just released, most people complained about Merrill's fragility. Things changed when people realised a few points.

1) She's a Blood Mage.
2) She doesn't need a single point in Willpower.
3) You can go crazy with sustainables with her.

Now she's considered one of the better NPC tanks in the game. Isabella rushing first into battle? Dead meat. Merrill charging in with Rock Armor? Ownage.

Hell, Fenris takes more dirtnaps than Merrill, and my Rogue Hawke's a Glass Cannon too, but Merrill can take on 2 Rage Demons and spank their merry asses without breaking a sweat.

It's like... she's the Thing. Only more ditzy.

Talented properly, the only other NPC that can take more punishment than her is Rock of Kirkwell Aveline.

Cheers.
Old 2011-03-26, 18:24   Link #1172
Who

Yeah, it's a damn shame that you can't have evasion based tanks anymore in this game.
RIP Duelist/Assassin. Although that would be singlehandedly the most broken thing in the game. A glass cannon that isn't made of glass.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 19:46   Link #1173
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Merril isnt OP, the class is. She doesn't deserve rep for her class
Old 2011-03-27, 02:22   Link #1174
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Actually, it is her, because most of her OP-ness comes from her unique talent tree. It's the friendship bonus (+1 HP-MP conversion), and her sustainable Wrath of the Elvhen when fully upgraded. Since DA2 likes tossing hordes of enemies at you, it keeps her healed, does minor damage to everything, and basically gives her unlimited ammo!

She's also MOE AS FUCK. Shut up.
Old 2011-03-27, 10:35   Link #1175
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

thats what i ment XP and yes she is moe
Old 2011-03-27, 15:41   Link #1176
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Yeah, it's a damn shame that you can't have evasion based tanks anymore in this game.
RIP Duelist/Assassin. Although that would be singlehandedly the most broken thing in the game. A glass cannon that isn't made of glass.
Evade tanks were broken, but not as bad as arcane warrior / spirit healer tanks. Shit you not, my Warden could both heal the party and tank, letting me bring three damagers.
Old 2011-03-27, 16:14   Link #1177
Who

Quote:
Evade tanks were broken, but not as bad as arcane warrior / spirit healer tanks. Shit you not, my Warden could both heal the party and tank, letting me bring three damagers.
I'm more of a solo person, so both are equal in my eyes, although the arcane warrior let me go and cook dinner, watch a movie and whatnot and come back to still finish the battle.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 17:57   Link #1178
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Finally completed my play-through with a snarky female rogue Hawke. For the most part, I stuck to dual-wielding, but there were some bosses where attempting to melee as a non-tank was a series of frustrations. Switched to bows for parts of the *i** **a*o* fight, and some other bosses where they consistently spam aoe knockaways spells(immunity to knockbacks does not help).

Main party was Fenris as tank, me as DW-dps, Merrill and Sebastian. Difficulty was on Hard.

Some random thoughts.
Spoiler for Act 3 Bone Pit:
Spoiler for Final Boss Fight:
Spoiler for Fight Before Final Fight:

DW-rogue is fragile, but very satisfying when you succeed in that 1-hit kill. My basic combat initiation tactic is basically as follows,

1) Rush towards the hostile mobs in a blaze of courageous stupidity.
2) Grab all the initial aggro via proximity.
3) Cast Decoy.
4) Continue running towards a high priority target while the enemy make a perforated cheese piņata out of what they think is the real Hawke.
5) Assassinate high priority target in one hit as rest of party start to clash with the enemy. Fang another target if applicable.
6) Cast honour aside and pick on targets that are focusing on other party members to gain a 20% damage bonus.

I think one of the reasons why snarky Hawke works so well in this game is that the situation in Kirkwell is quite frankly, absurd; and as such, taking refuge in audacity reflects the story.

*paraphrased*
Orsino: "You can't do this!"
Hawke: "Sucks to be you."

Meredith: "Are you ready?"
Hawke: "Let's go slaughter Mages!"
Meredith: "Good."

Cheers.
Old 2011-03-27, 19:26   Link #1179
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

My DW Hawke just chewed Orsino a new one, with naturally high attack speed, Bethany's haste buff and the primeval lyrium rune.
Old 2011-03-28, 17:06   Link #1180
killer3000ad

Spoiler for THAT LEGENDARY DUEL as a mage:

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360