AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-16, 02:34   Link #961
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

DAMN that dub sounds absolutely fantastic, which is saying something since I LOVE Taneda and Sakura. I actually have this urge to buy this Blu-ray when I vowed myself to never buy another one ever since someone ran off with my LE AnoHana. Like I'm REAL tempted....

...then I saw it's ~250 bucks for the entire series. God damn it, I forgot that this was aniplex and the prices for it is fucking steep. Canadian dollar being abso-fucking terrible doesn't help matters.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 10:38   Link #962
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

yeah, $130 for each volume is killer. You'll be paying literally more than $10 per episode.

Last edited by blakstealth; 2016-01-16 at 22:44.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 17:32   Link #963
BPD Renegade

Damn it, Aniplex! You and your prices. I wonder if they'll release a DVD set as well though, since it seems like for DRRRx2, the DVD sets are almost half the price of the Blu-ray. Although, this series is something people should watch in 1080 for maximum pleasure. Kaori and Kousei sounded great. Maybe Crunchyroll will pick up the dub eventually, since they've been doing it lately. I might watch this again in English.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-22, 12:12   Link #964
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Congratulation! Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Is been nominated as Best Storyline & Plot, Best Action-Adventure, Best Fantasy & Supernatural, Best TV Series, Best Antagonist, Best Side-Character, Best World Setting And Best Female Lead in AnimeSuki Choice Awards 2015. Vote your favorite anime here

Also I provide you some signature in order to promote Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso in AnimeSuki Choice Awards

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-22, 17:57   Link #965
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW;5761430

[images
I'll pick this one
never try to hyperlink it before but I'll try
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 08:32   Link #966
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

OH MY GOD! The dub is absolutely incredible (available now on Netflix, at least in Canada). Sure I still prefer Sakura and Taneda (kinda hard not to since they're like 2 of my top 3 JP VAs), but I think dub!Kousei really blew this one out of the park.

And rewatching it, I can see everything has been set up since the beginning. When Kousei says he doesn't want to go, it's Kaori who reaches for his hand to drag him along. I've always found it suspicious that Kaori didn't know who Kousei was, when the frigging audience knew him at first sight. When she got back from the performance, it wasn't Watari who she asked how her performance was, but it was Kousei.

And the killer? The hand tremble of Kaori while awaiting Kousei's review was absolutely mind-blowing knowing the entire series. She said it herself that she didn't care about the competition, but here she is, absolutely nervous awaiting a response from the only person in the whole wide world whose opinion matters to her. Her performance in the hall, and all her years of hard work till then, was for her to get Arima's recognition and in the end, get him back in the music world the same way he did for her all those years ago.

So my sneaking suspicions on my first viewing were correct (here). What I'm real surprised though is that I was half joking about Kaori being the next Sheryl Nome, and it did end up more or less that way. o_O

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 14:41   Link #967
AnimeFangirl

Finally got round to watching this. Please forgive me for not reading all 49 pages before asking this, but can someone explain exactly what is up with Arima's dad? Is his dad irresponsible or broke or something? Were his parents at odds? It didn't make sense how Arima's mom was so worried about his future career/income when he still had a living, working parent left behind.
Old 2016-04-25, 08:16   Link #968
cvonmetternich

Been a year since watching this...

Was swotting up on neurological disorders for MRCP PACES (the mother of all exams) when Chopin's Ballade No. 1 came up on my playlist. Ahhhhhh now I'll have to watch it again.

Animefangirl: Good question. I don't think it's ever been explained. Even for the stereotypically distant Japanese dad who is always away on business, it seems a bit extreme here. One thing is certain though: money doesn't seem to be an issue, so I doubt his dad is broke. Either the dad is a cold hearted bastard or divorced and continues to pay a fairly generous allowance to his estranged son.
cvonmetternich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 08:37   Link #969
Liddo-kun
a small cat

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Hmm... just dropping by to share the Kaori Miyazono cosplay done by my friend Charlene.

Location of photoshoot: Wildlife QC
Disclaimer: shot not done by me

Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 12:09   Link #970
Kohi

I recently watched this anime in 1 go..

I didn't read the summary or anything at all. I only noticed that this anime had a music genre, so i peeked out of curiousity. But I personally love watching romance and drama stuff. so yeah..

Did this anime deliver my expectations? The answer is NO.

The anime was unexpectedly awesome... it was beyond my expectations.

Did this anime made you cry? The answer is NOPE

But as soon as the main character girl explained what the title actually meant at the end, then all of a sudden i couldn't control myself and i (......)

But yeah. the anime was oke xD Did anyone watch the Live Action? I heard its also good.

Also, someone else recommended Nodame Cantabile. Would anyone recommend that after i have watched this?
Kohi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adolescent, bittersweet, contemplation on life, drama, music, romance, tragedy