AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-11-15, 21:17   Link #641
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If you just want one specific unit, then at 2.33% base chance, it's still more than double the chance of a regular summon for one particular unit.
12 units on an 8% rate is 0.67% chance per unit, not 2.33%. For reference, 4 units on a 3% rate is 0.75% chance. 3 units on 3% chance (like the Sigurd banner or the current banner) is a 1% chance.

So in exchange for a worse chance at specific units, you have better pity breakers (I'll take a Hector or even Deidre over a Raven or Hawkeye any day). But if you only want one or two specific units like me, this banner is almost useless. I say almost because who knows if Camilla will get another rate up, and even if she does it'll be shared with Spring Chrom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Because man, I am the type of person that actually goes and raises at least one of every Pokemon for competitive battling. And I make sure each one is something only that Pokemon can do. Even Beautifly.
And I do the same for this game... except there are just some units you just cannot make "unique" sets for, unlike most Pokemon, and the meta is even worse than Pokemon. Yeah, thank you, stupid power creep Aira.
A lot of people are denouncing the newer units that have "power creep" in the form of uniheritable weapons/skills, but I'm all for it for this exact reason. For instance, the only thing keeping Alfonse from being worthless is his constant Arena Bonuses. Otherwise, not even counting merge potential, he's strictly inferior to Chrom and Seliph (especially Chrom). Not everyone needs a Prf weapon, but even just a skill keeps them unique. They do need to make some of the unique skills A or C slot though, and not just B slot.

(People can still complain about power creep, but do it for the randomly higher BST or optimized BST, not weapons/skills.)
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 21:38   Link #642
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Mia sounds terrible.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-16, 01:02   Link #643
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
A lot of people are denouncing the newer units that have "power creep" in the form of uniheritable weapons/skills, but I'm all for it for this exact reason. For instance, the only thing keeping Alfonse from being worthless is his constant Arena Bonuses. Otherwise, not even counting merge potential, he's strictly inferior to Chrom and Seliph (especially Chrom). Not everyone needs a Prf weapon, but even just a skill keeps them unique. They do need to make some of the unique skills A or C slot though, and not just B slot.

(People can still complain about power creep, but do it for the randomly higher BST or optimized BST, not weapons/skills.)
Yeah, Power Creep is one thing, the uninhertable skills is another. Not the same thing, really. Of course, the +stats that happen to be on the weapons is Power Creep. If it wasn't for Aira, people would still be defending the game saying that +stats on weapons are okay and not Power Creep.
To be honest, those skills are more of a "We can't balance this game!... so let's just give it to one person and we have nothing else to worry about!"
I'm neutral on the skills part, personally.

Oh yeah, that also reminds me of another disappointing thing.
We are supposedly at the next chapter of the story (what story?), and the "protagonists" haven't gotten a single ANYTHING since the start of the game. No +1, no new illustrations (despite all of the "events" like Halloween), and now they have a new Spear user as the protagonist.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-16, 05:37   Link #644
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Complaining = Hating <-- Best Logic 2017
Don't twist words to your imagination. The one who arbitrarily accused others of not caring / hating the game because they have a differing opinion and then was offended that people called you out on it was you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No new content isn't exactly minor.

It's generally accepted that the term "content" in games means "stuff to do". And when people complain about the lack of stuff to do, they mean something that takes more than 5 minutes every month or two. New characters is not generally accepted as content, especially if they aren't free. Buffing existing units isn't content, it's buffing.
I never said that new content is minor but it is ludicrous to use the large amount of good things in the update as a justification to complain about something else. FEH has never been a game that requires deep strategy and most likely will never be, regardless of how many new game modes they introduce. It's playing FEH fully aware of what it offers while expecting it to be conquest or radiant dawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Also, no one technically said it was a bad update, just lacking new content.
So he didn't talk about the update at all and is just negative in every single one of his posts. At this point that's just splitting hairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If you just want one specific unit, then at 2.33% base chance, it's still more than double the chance of a regular summon for one particular unit. Still very good, though your odds of 'pitybreakers' just doubled if you don't care about the other 2 units of the color.
That's unfortunately not how it works. GDB's math is somewhat unfinished too since he doesn't mention color distribution. To use blue as an example in the 8% banner, there's about a ~26% chance of getting at least one blue orb in your roll. The probability of rolling a specific blue focus unit is 0.67% / ~26% = ~2.57%. While that is a worse probability compared to usual 3% banners if you want to snipe one unit, it is a massively better probability if you want two or especially all three of them.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2017-11-16 at 06:06. Reason: wrong quote
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-16, 06:47   Link #645
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Mia sounds terrible.
It's rather amusing the dub studio went out of its way to get the voice actress Lani Minella to reprise her role from Radiant Dawn which had a REALLY dubious dub.
__________________
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-16, 20:55   Link #646
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It's rather amusing the dub studio went out of its way to get the voice actress Lani Minella to reprise her role from Radiant Dawn which had a REALLY dubious dub.
The JP version seems to have her Radiant Dawn VA too. Probably tried to follow that trend... regardless of the original VA's ability to "young"-ize her voice.


--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Don't twist words to your imagination. The one who arbitrarily accused others of not caring / hating the game because they have a differing opinion and then was offended that people called you out on it was you.
Apparently you don't understand the logic, so I'll give it to you in another more obvious example.
Not saying anything when your friend is self-destructing on drugs is not love.
Similarly, people who shallowly defend the game and gets triggered because someone "only complains" (as according to a stranger's rule of the web, they need to compliment it as well), are more hating on the game than anything else. Complaining about complaining is not an opinion of the update.

PS: Boomerangs are not in Fire Emblem. Probably shouldn't throw them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I never said that new content is minor but it is ludicrous to use the large amount of good things in the update as a justification to complain about something else. FEH has never been a game that requires deep strategy and most likely will never be, regardless of how many new game modes they introduce. It's playing FEH fully aware of what it offers while expecting it to be conquest or radiant dawn.

So he didn't talk about the update at all and is just negative in every single one of his posts. At this point that's just splitting hairs.
Yeah, apparently I haven't been talking about the update.
And how do you use the "good" thing to talk about what didn't happen? Are you trying to say
1. That because there were good things, you shouldn't complain about stuff the update did not touch on
2. If you just complain, that somehow invalidates what you are saying?
And FEH doesn't require strategy? Or is this "deep strategy" terminology that magical? Oh, and that doesn't address what he is saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
That's unfortunately not how it works.

While that is a worse probability compared to usual 3% banners if you want to snipe one unit, it is a massively better probability if you want two or especially all three of them.
They were talking about a single particular unit
Quote:
one particular unit
Quote:
So in exchange for a worse chance at specific units
So yeah, that's how it works.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 03:02   Link #647
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
TL;DR…
 
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not seeing the point in discussing this further but send me PM if you really feel the need to, otherwise let's stop here.

Here's the roadmap for Nov/Dec:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2017-11-17 at 03:15.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 06:30   Link #648
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Not sure why they're pretending there isn't going to be a Christmas banner, unless they're combining it with New Years and don't want to give it away. I mean, come on, as if they're going to go with no new banner from the 19th to the 1st?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 17:05   Link #649
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
That's literally not what I said.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/imply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
-Complain about no new game mode
-Complain about arena
-Complain about gauntlet
-Complain about tempest trials
-Complain about cavalry meta
-Complain about artwork

Yeah you really did talk about the update.
So you've been talking about and defending the update in a conversation that was not about the update? Huh...
So... So
Quote:
There will always be that one guy who straight up ignores all the good stuff (in the update) and goes to find that one minor thing they don't like (on a different topic).
You're saying some stuff are major, some are minor, comparing the two, but it turns out you are talking about two different things?

Imagine a guy who says "Damn, Pikachu isn't in Pokemon Star!" and then that guy that goes "You aren't talking about Pokemon Star!"
If someone says something(1) isn't in something(2), then they aren't talking about something(2), surely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
FEH isn't a complex and certainly not a very strategic game.

I'm taking a screenshot of this. I'm so going to make a topic on this phrase when I get the chance.

Quote:
Not seeing the point in discussing this further but send me PM if you really feel the need to, otherwise let's stop here.
"I see no point in discussing it further....... but let me just get in another reply."
*pats back* I know that feeling.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 05:23   Link #650
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
[Pikachu examples and implications]
No, they would be talking about Pikachu who isn't relevant to the game at all since he is not part of it. Replace Pikachu with game mode, game with update and you get the same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

I'm taking a screenshot of this. I'm so going to make a topic on this phrase when I get the chance.
What exactly is so complex/strategic about FEH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
"I see no point in discussing it further....... but let me just get in another reply."
*pats back* I know that feeling.
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. The reply is used to clarify the point of view after which the argument is exhausted and therefore there is indeed no point in discussing it further. There is nothing uncommon about that.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 15:20   Link #651
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Another lesson

Quote:
Not seeing the point in discussing this further but send me PM if you really feel the need to, otherwise let's stop here.
Follow your own words before you expect anyone else to follow them.
We could stick around all week listening to you trying to refute my original argument without actually refuting any of it using logic that I would be scared to even ask a logics professor about, but the same entertainment gets old after a week (that said, the past couple posts were a blast, I thank you). I'll send you my research results soon by PM, though I'm trying to see if I can get some more answers.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:16   Link #652
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
You know your argument is bad when you have to bring ad hominem into it. Glad it's over.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:50   Link #653
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
You know your argument is bad when you have to bring ad hominem into it. Glad it's over.

I'm not sure if you are describing yourself or talking to me (I assume this confusion is the intention of using no quotes), but let's unfortunately put that aside. I'm curious, what Fire Emblem games have you played?
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:37   Link #654
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Nice try baiting.

You made a thread on gamefaqs asking if FEH is complex/strategic for some reason (and oh the irony in the most common answer being 'no, just use horse emblem') and I told you in a PM what I think about it. I do not have an account there and am not going to bother creating one. You have yet to send me a non-childish response to my PM and I'm probably going to wait forever to hear why you think FEH is strategic.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:24   Link #655
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006

Take a chill pill, dude. I only asked you what games you played, and now you are going on about stuff that you wanted to talk about in PM... outside of the PM (I made it private for your sake, but... *shrug*).
And even though its over supposedly, you're still going on about the past topic you brought up, asking people to still reply to it.

If you want to start a new conversation about why you think FEH is not strategic, feel free to do so, but since you are the first person to say it, surely you must give your reasons before asking anyone to give theirs.
Then you can bring up the Gamefaqs topic and we can count the answers together to see what is the "common" answer.
And when you've done all of that, if anyone feels like getting involved with you, someone will debate it with you.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:50   Link #656
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
My, now you're trying the patronizing act.

You do know my stance since I literally told you. It's amusing that you refuse to back up your point here so you made a topic on another board that we then discuss back here. Might have saved the middle step but you do you. Then again since you have yet to make your position clear (not sure what translates into) we can't really call this a debate.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:53   Link #657
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Yeah, I figured you wouldn't actually give me an answer.
Maybe never even played a Fire Emblem game or something. *shrug*
*closes the Eisdrache show curtains*

Spoiler for open 2 days later:
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fire emblem, mobile game, nintendo, turn-based strategy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.