Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-01-24, 04:13   Link #16321
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I assume that's the fully completed, unpainted result?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 04:54   Link #16322
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

was kinda looking forward to this kit, never built a HG before and thought i could make this my first one but after looking at the pics, a lot of painting seems to be needed to make this kit even remotely presentable...

the V-fin isn't even yellow, head seems way too plain (only the chin part is coloured), clear effect parts (like previously mentioned) are way too light, minimal detail/colour on weapons... etc

tbh i dont think its worth spending extra money to paint a HG kit, but once its painted i dont doubt this would be a awesome kit
Old 2010-01-24, 05:04   Link #16323
pumpkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
fully completed but without the stickers... it should come with the yellow stickers for the fin and the eye stickers at the very least.
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 08:16   Link #16324
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
tbh i dont think its worth spending extra money to paint a HG kit, but once its painted i dont doubt this would be a awesome kit
Frankly I would put time and care into any kit I own. It's not simply the possession that matters, it's the construction, the art and the craft...
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 08:49   Link #16325
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
anyone here have the Infinite Justice MG? cant decide between my two favorites, ignition mode exia or infinite justice ~_~
Have both.

IG Exia is a special edition with chrome weapon, alternative exia repair parts and LED part.

Inf Justice is a normal MG kit.

Have a quick look at these; MG IG Exia and MG Inf Justice.
Old 2010-01-24, 10:00   Link #16326
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
i guess it is a bit of a draw back to have the non colored clear parts, its not like its a hard thing to do to add colored clear parts to kits now. Over all i don't think it really needs all that much work done to it just a little paint here and there and panel lining, and i dont like the design of the 00 or 90% of the mobile suits from 00 season 2.
Old 2010-01-24, 15:12   Link #16327
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Except the stickers where they're suppose to be,yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
i guess it is a bit of a draw back to have the non colored clear parts, its not like its a hard thing to do to add colored clear parts to kits now.
Well,it is coloured,just very very light clear green.Though I'm not saying that's a good thing.Hopefully it will change but perhaps not.

Ironically,the GN Sword III's tone of green is alot like the one seen in the Official Poses,so yeah they HAVE done it before,on the previous HG 00 release infact.

This color tone is more towards HG Cherudim GNHW/R's Rifle bits crystal sensors.They come in lightly clear blued,usually they never bother at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
was kinda looking forward to this kit, never built a HG before and thought i could make this my first one but after looking at the pics, a lot of painting seems to be needed to make this kit even remotely presentable...

the V-fin isn't even yellow, head seems way too plain (only the chin part is coloured), clear effect parts (like previously mentioned) are way too light, minimal detail/colour on weapons... etc
Thats because the stickers arent there......

Everything else is what it is except there's 0 stickers on it.Stickers are suppose to be there in the eyes,the fins and black on the Condensers.

Since you say you've never built a HG before,you may be a bit unaware that HG kits [at least the last few years] come with stickers for the face.I guess Dalong would be the more accurate site to check for unpainted out of the box HGs,though this would probably be not available there but the regular HG 00s are.

00 unpainted at all is pretty good for me,though I'm a complete color freak now,with the exception of the crystal sensor which bothers me alot but nothing a light blue marker cant fix.

Cant do much for the details I guess since its just a HG kits but I guess the HG kits in the last few years have improved alot over the HG kits before than by alot,though personally they've always been good enough for me at least,detail-wise.

Having said that,while the normal 00 is pretty sweet unpainted,this one looks less so because the amount you need to put into the Condenser Blades as well as the sensors.Not that much work but more than the regular I guess.Unless of course you can put up with the light clear green.
Old 2010-01-24, 15:54   Link #16328
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Paint makes all the difference...
Old 2010-01-24, 16:03   Link #16329
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I guess it does,but I'm hoping I didnt have to do too much of this time around,since its a busy time currently.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:04   Link #16330
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I think we'll need to apply a lot of clear green on the edges then.Sigh........was hoping it would be like the GN Sword III's clear green blade.Didnt need any sort of painting straight from the box.

Cant say I didn't expect the crystal sensor to come colored though.I wonder now whether I should color it clear green to match the official color of the 7S crystal sensor.....or clear blue to match the official normal crystal sensor of the series?
Clearly up some confusion in regards to the clear parts :-

Boxed wordings indicated that the final product will be in a deeper shade of green.

But IMO that's not a good thing as the concept art of 7S has the blades in a shallow green. So it anyone had any ideas about matching the model to the concept art, it will be a hassel to tune the blades back to that lighter shade.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 19:04   Link #16331
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Boxed wordings indicated that the final product will be in a deeper shade of green.

But IMO that's not a good thing as the concept art of 7S has the blades in a shallow green. So it anyone had any ideas about matching the model to the concept art, it will be a hassel to tune the blades back to that lighter shade.
Well, the 007S may have had a shallow green, but this image of the model is almost colorless, while the concept art actually shows color. Given that we don't yet know how much deeper they'll make the green in, we'll just wait and see.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 00:02   Link #16332
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Clearly up some confusion in regards to the clear parts :-

Thanks for that little bit of info.Personally for me,I'm happy that the model is coming with a deeper shade of green,since it means less work on colouring the blades.

However,I can understand why some more experienced modelers who may want to have a lighter shade be disappointed,since a completely clear or lighter clear green would be easier to customize the tone yourself.
Old 2010-01-25, 00:04   Link #16333
X207
Gamyūsa

whats the site that posts various gunpla including gundam? it sometimes posts reviews, its not ngeekhiong but they separate the gundam to the various eras. i cant remember which site it was. last time i checked they left a spot open for the nebula blitz but the link was empty as they didnt get the time to check it out yet. mine's been ordered jan 12th but i do want to know before hand what peices wil come with it.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 00:07   Link #16334
GNWeapon
On Trial

Regardless, I'll still dose the clear parts over with Clear Green.
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 02:40   Link #16335
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Guess what people?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...g?t=1264405812

If only...

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-01-25 at 02:50.
Old 2010-01-25, 02:57   Link #16336
Calvin329
I fart GN Particles

Quote:
LOL this is a joke, yea?
Calvin329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 03:03   Link #16337
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin329 View Post
LOL this is a joke, yea?
Yeah, it's fanart, but it's not like a MG Ahead would be bad.
Old 2010-01-25, 05:51   Link #16338
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I agree,that art is pretty nice and a MG Ahead wouldn't be too bad either.And I guess you can play around with the removable armor as well,maybe make it look more Gundamlike,like the chest orb.,and maybe even reveal the head this time around.[Mechanical profile wise,the Ahead is suppose to greatly resemble a 3rd Generation Gundam underneath the armor according to the HG manual,even possesing a chest orb.The heavy armor was made in order to make it look not like a Gundam because the Gundam-like symbolism may stir up public controversy,due to the public's hatred of them]

Infact,looking at the rear art,I finally can see how a 3rd GenerationGundam looking mech is indeed inside that blocky armor,I guess it looks more obvious from the rear and then comparing with say Exia's rear.I guess removing the plating in between the arms and the torso,some of the arms as well as the main torso armor and I guess you can indeed get a AD Timeline 3rd Generation Gundam from it.

And I guess adding the equipment seen from the last few episodes would have been nice too,the physical bazooka,the Tail Booster,etc.
Old 2010-01-25, 06:37   Link #16339
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I agree,that art is pretty nice and a MG Ahead wouldn't be too bad either.And I guess you can play around with the removable armor as well,maybe make it look more Gundamlike,like the chest orb.,and maybe even reveal the head this time around.[Mechanical profile wise,the Ahead is suppose to greatly resemble a 3rd Generation Gundam underneath the armor according to the HG manual,even possesing a chest orb.The heavy armor was made in order to make it look not like a Gundam because the Gundam-like symbolism may stir up public controversy,due to the public's hatred of them]

Infact,looking at the rear art,I finally can see how a 3rd GenerationGundam looking mech is indeed inside that blocky armor,I guess it looks more obvious from the rear and then comparing with say Exia's rear.I guess removing the plating in between the arms and the torso,some of the arms as well as the main torso armor and I guess you can indeed get a AD Timeline 3rd Generation Gundam from it.

And I guess adding the equipment seen from the last few episodes would have been nice too,the physical bazooka,the Tail Booster,etc
Don't forget the missile container.
Old 2010-01-25, 12:31   Link #16340
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

We were discussing this.........just a few centimeters above your current post if you took a ruler and measured it in your computer screen's length.......>_>

Thanks for the goodwill effort though.

But yeah,I want a MG 00 Raiser too.......PG is too big and expensive.However,better late and good rather than early and bad I guess.At least I hope it becomes that way if its late not that I mind an early AND good.[Probably wont be like Gundam X though]

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy