Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-08-11, 14:16   Link #621
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I have even heard that cats never really care about their owners, they just care about food and a place were they can sleep.
Maybe for a lot of cats out there, but I find it hard to believe that's true for all cats. Many cats go out of their way to grab attention so they can be petted; I've known a couple eccentric cats who like to play fetch and will bring a ball back to their owners to throw. My friend's cat gets anxious whenever the parents are away from home for longer than a day, regardless whether there's someone else home to feed him or not. Some cats even get jealous if the owner is petting another cat more.

I know that cats rubbing against people's legs aren't a sign of affection - it has to do with releasing their scent on you as to claim you as their own from other cats - but I think there are other ways in which they do show that they like to have their owners around.

(That's not true for all cats... I'm sure a lot of cats really don't care about their owners.)
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 14:56   Link #622
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Maybe for a lot of cats out there, but I find it hard to believe that's true for all cats.
Well, like I said, it's just something I have heard a couple of times.

I also prefer to think that not all cats are self-centered bastards.
Old 2007-08-11, 16:26   Link #623
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
goddamit ive never seen any cats who are truly loyal (unlike their opposites ~ dogs which a live mainly because they do not scratch >.<)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 17:25   Link #624
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Well, like I said, it's just something I have heard a couple of times.

I also prefer to think that not all cats are self-centered bastards.
My cat didn't last too long so i'm not too sure ^+^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 19:08   Link #625
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

In total i have had 3 cats (only 2 left now...) whom i have raised since they were little kittens. Not once have i ever been bitten (playing aside)/clawed/hissed at by any of them. When i come home they are always sitting by the front door. When i am home, 90% of time they are located in the same room i am, even if they are doing nothing but sleeping. (one of them prefers sleeping on my desk). During night both sleep in my room, usually in the bed. One of them never misses the opportunity to sleep in my lap. (Even during night ).

Generally they are not that fond of the rest of my family. My 1st cat rarely even allowed other people to touch her, yet she was always more than happy to get some attention from me. All of them do respond by their name if i call them. So ... yes - cats can be loyal as well. Depends on how you generally treated them i guess
Old 2007-08-11, 23:16   Link #626
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yup.. Its how you raised them initially. All my cats that I raised since kitten behave the same to me.. while those that stay around ( I sometimes offer free food for the occasional stray cats .. which usually ends up staying around ) rarely act the same

I still have 2 cats sharing my beds as well. One of them could be consider as granddad cat to be honest
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 23:57   Link #627
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Gah, I don't like cats. At all. Not since I was attacked in my sleep, when I was 6 or so, by a stray cat which we had let stay the night in the shack we had rented for vacations. I kicked the bastard so hard it flew in the air... and then I broke down in tears

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 03:34   Link #628
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
In total i have had 3 cats (only 2 left now...) whom i have raised since they were little kittens. Not once have i ever been bitten (playing aside)/clawed/hissed at by any of them. When i come home they are always sitting by the front door. When i am home, 90% of time they are located in the same room i am, even if they are doing nothing but sleeping. (one of them prefers sleeping on my desk). During night both sleep in my room, usually in the bed. One of them never misses the opportunity to sleep in my lap. (Even during night ).

Generally they are not that fond of the rest of my family. My 1st cat rarely even allowed other people to touch her, yet she was always more than happy to get some attention from me. All of them do respond by their name if i call them. So ... yes - cats can be loyal as well. Depends on how you generally treated them i guess
When you reaise them as kittens they will associate you as their mama, hence will scratch their way to your bed et cetera. It's natural for them not to like the rest of the family, since as far as their concern they're the big cats.

But anyway, I'll just say it depends on what cats you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight
Gah, I don't like cats.
Meanie
Old 2007-08-12, 09:50   Link #629
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats
Meanie
Punny,

-

I remember reading up that cats are more intelligent than dogs, for reasons I can't quite think of now =O
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 10:28   Link #630
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Just as there are a variety of dogs, there are a variety of cats. All animals have their own personality. I've seen dog-like cats and cat-like dogs. The stereotype is that cats aren't as loyal and only really care for food, while dogs are purely loyal. My own experience with my sister's cat and my dogs follow those stereotypes, but I've seen some very friendly cats that broke the mold.

The personality and behavior of certain dogs is linked to what breed they are (golden retrievers are seen as being very friendly and docile, while pitbulls are regarded as being very aggressive). I admit, I'm a dog person, so I'm a bit ignorant on this one: do people regard cats in much the same way? It never seemed to me that people sought out cats based on what breed they were, or even really considered the breed. Are there sharp differences between the breeds? (Excluding fur colors and/or softness, i.e. persians vs. short-hairs.)
Old 2007-08-13, 10:12   Link #631
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
persians are known to be very smart :x
i heard that long hairs are more lazy
im a dog person too, i know more about those breeds than cats

okay i got a question, i have no idea on how you call such a board thingy
its the black boards at school where you write on with that white stuff, we call it completely different but what are those white pices and the board called ?
usually used in schools
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 10:16   Link #632
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Blackboard and markers. (or they could just use chalk)
I think that how they call it.

Why the question?!
Old 2007-08-13, 10:22   Link #633
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Blackboard and markers. (or they could just use chalk)
I think that how they call it.

Why the question?!
yay thanks, chalk it was!
i was writting a chapter for a fanfiction and its set in a school setting.. then all the sudden i was writing the sentence and stopped int he middle of it going all... argh whats the word... and after 25 minutes and failed googling i decided to ak here because i cant get past the line without having the right word >.< dyuuuh i was going panic mode already

EDIT:

okay i got another question, in the middle of the highway you got these iron bars along the road, you sometimes have them on both sides, they are there in case you like crash in to them that you dont end up on the other side of the road in the other lane, what're they called

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2007-08-13 at 13:23. Reason: another question :X
Old 2007-08-13, 17:48   Link #634
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
okay i got another question, in the middle of the highway you got these iron bars along the road, you sometimes have them on both sides, they are there in case you like crash in to them that you dont end up on the other side of the road in the other lane, what're they called
Crash barriers, i think.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 23:57   Link #635
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I just call them rails. Crash barriers look a bit different, but then I don't think there's any official terminology for any of this. The rails are designed to act as a minor crash barrier, so you wouldn't be wrong to call them crash barriers.
Old 2007-08-14, 01:53   Link #636
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Crash bariers is what they are and what they are called.
Old 2007-08-14, 01:56   Link #637
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
yay thanks, chalk it was!
i was writting a chapter for a fanfiction and its set in a school setting.. then all the sudden i was writing the sentence and stopped int he middle of it going all... argh whats the word... and after 25 minutes and failed googling i decided to ak here because i cant get past the line without having the right word >.< dyuuuh i was going panic mode already

EDIT:

I'm confused .. Did your fanfiction happens to be set in school setting near the highway, or what?

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 01:57   Link #638
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It must be some sort of driving school.
Old 2007-08-14, 02:10   Link #639
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
I'm confused .. Did your fanfiction happens to be set in school setting near the highway, or what?

no no, it is set in a small town near the cliffs of the ocean XD
my main character was in school and now he was invitd for tea at the rich persons place, so he was int he buss driving outside the town and i was descriping how everything ooked like and i was like... write write.. stop... noo not again.. dyuuh i have to have the word!... nyuuuh... *google.. but didnt know what to google and got to accident prevention sites* .. nyuuuh... *goes back to ASuki and edits message* i always put in how the area looks like and then i a way as the character sees it this story is probably getting most writters attention for me and is written differently than the others, wanted to try something new XD
Old 2007-08-14, 02:42   Link #640
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Gah, I don't like cats. At all. Not since I was attacked in my sleep, when I was 6 or so, by a stray cat which we had let stay the night in the shack we had rented for vacations. I kicked the bastard so hard it flew in the air... and then I broke down in tears
I'm not sure whether to laugh to death or cry.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious