Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-09, 23:34   Link #221
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post

it just came to me the idea that she may not feel like a princess because she sees herself more like an otaku (her behavior and antics do point in that direction); and in her mind, since she is an otaku, she can't be a princess---and the two can't go together. That probably explains why I couldn't quite see the lack of self-esteem in her character, or why she may find the beautiful ladies to be such a distant dream and still be curious about it. I did take a look at those scenes, especially the mirror, and it made wonder, does she not find herself beautiful, or can she only see herself as an otaku? of course, she does not explicitly state the latter, and I may be taking some liberties interpreting the scenes, but I can't help but read them this way. Also, during the third episode, she never does take a moment to take a look at herself after the makeover. was she too worried about how her friends will take her new appearance? did it not cross her mind the idea that she was beautiful? or did she already set in stone the notion that because she was an otaku, she couldn't therefore be beautiful? I don't cross out the idea that lack of self-steem may have something to do with it, but I want to think also that's it's perhaps not the most important aspect.
I think that lack of self-esteem is a part of her problem. She 's not acting "normal". Nor is the concept of separating oneself from "beautiful people" normal. It's like some sort of protection mechanism that the nuns have to wall themselves off to avoid reality of their situation and the fact that they couldn't be "beautiful" or prob a fear of rejection by "beautiful people". Beauty is relative but somehow that wasn't taught to those nuns. Those nuns have also managed to assemble into a group which only perpetuates the problem for new arrivals like Tsukimi thru peer pressure as only like minded people are their "friends". You basically have a group of people with something like an avoidant personality disorder in the same house. Tsukimi won't become "normal" unless you separate her from them and give her some counselling.
Old 2010-11-10, 15:29   Link #222
Kamiorika

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganOne View Post

Anyone else think that Kuronosuke is hot?
YES!!! <3

xD
Kamiorika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 16:03   Link #223
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganOne View Post
I have an idea, that with the redevelopment project stated by his brother, there will be a forced change in their lives. Now that Tsukimi has the attention from his brother…. and family, I think things are well set for a good change. I personally feel sad when she actually tries to conform to the nuns rather then high end persons of the country. I have seen mentality like those NEETS, and it is really saddening. Episode 4 is going to be a really good episode.. I cant wait!

Anyone else think that Kuronosuke is hot? I think He looks better in women's clothes than mens clothes honestly.
I think Kuranosuke is hot in both directions, no matter which clothes he is wearing (or not wearing). He is both feminine in his mannerisms and masculine in his aggressive daring. His androgynous seiyuu Saiga Mitsuki, who is both outstanding and a woman, probably helps to make him this way (click photo to enlarge):

If the story evolves normally, there will be a fight over the redevelopment, in which Tsukimi saves the apartments by getting closer to the brother.

But I have to say I like the nuns more than Kuranosuke's proud and powerful family. I am quite uncomfortable with the lack of sympathy for the nuns -- partly because I have known people a bit like that and liked them, and partly because I think the authors intend us to sympathize with them. However, some change on all sides will be good. Interesting discussion here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 16:46   Link #224
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
If the story evolves normally, there will be a fight over the redevelopment, in which Tsukimi saves the apartments by getting closer to the brother.
About that,
Spoiler for spoiler hint?:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2010-11-10 at 19:57. Reason: adding tags
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 19:06   Link #225
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Could have done without the hint at spoilers..
Old 2010-11-11, 10:42   Link #226
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I just watched all current episodes and I love it! XD

Shu-Shu's inner theater left me in stitches! X'DDD
Old 2010-11-11, 13:20   Link #227
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's weird. I usually watch the horrible subtitles first, before archiving the delicious version of it. I really like Kuragehime.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 15:46   Link #228
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think that lack of self-esteem is a part of her problem. She 's not acting "normal". Nor is the concept of separating oneself from "beautiful people" normal. It's like some sort of protection mechanism that the nuns have to wall themselves off to avoid reality of their situation and the fact that they couldn't be "beautiful" or prob a fear of rejection by "beautiful people". Beauty is relative but somehow that wasn't taught to those nuns. Those nuns have also managed to assemble into a group which only perpetuates the problem for new arrivals like Tsukimi thru peer pressure as only like minded people are their "friends". You basically have a group of people with something like an avoidant personality disorder in the same house. Tsukimi won't become "normal" unless you separate her from them and give her some counselling.
I can sort of see your point, but I can't really agree with the last part. Whether or not Tsukimi can see herself as a princess is ultimately something she has to find within herself. It's easy to say that her problems will be solved by separating her from the Amars, but why did she arrive there in the first place? why does she say she's an otaku/nerdy girl? The issue may be far more complex than it appears to be.

I want to think her relationship to the nuns is already an important part of herself; and she cherishes the place and the people she found, as well as the fact she is an otaku. Turning a blind eye on this part of her world will be the same as denying herself. The nuns are not perfect people, of course, but they give Tsukimi a comfortable place she may not find anywhere else, as they are alike in more than one way. I can sort of understand why she would be happy the way she is.

We don't really know for sure if the nuns will disagree with her new appearance; we perhaps don't know if they will allow her to change, but will they reject her just because of that? In the end, whether or not Tsukimi wants to seek self-improvement is entirely up to her; and I want to think she won't be leaving the Amars either way.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 16:44   Link #229
Kazu-kun

Episode is up...

First and foremost, Kuranosuke is love lol

Actually, I didn't enjoy this episode quite as much as the previous ones. It was too slow, maybe because of Shu's personality? He's too boring a character. Some of his quirks are somewhat funny, but he himself is boring as hell.

Anyway, Tsukumi seems to have completely forgotten of her reaction to Kuranosuke's "I came to see you, Tsukimi" from episode 2. She is totally smitten with Shu now. And with Kuranosuke admitting his jealousy about those two being together, we have a love triangle now. It's interesting that although Kuranosuke's the male lead, in this romance he's the underdog. lol We'll see what happens, but all my money is on Kuranosuke, if only because he's a hell of a lot more interesting character.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2010-11-12 at 00:39.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 16:55   Link #230
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 04:
Old 2010-11-11, 17:15   Link #231
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep4 is my favorite episode so far. A classic, beautifully written, directed, and played.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-11-11, 19:12   Link #232
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode 4:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 19:16   Link #233
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Spoiler for episode 4:
That confused me, too.
Spoiler for ep4:
Old 2010-11-11, 19:24   Link #234
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
That confused me, too.
Spoiler for ep4:
Spoiler for episode 4:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 20:18   Link #235
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It really boils down to love. In essence, real life is a story about love ... in all its weird idiosyncrasies, whether of people, ideas, or things.

Can't wait for the next episode. Will do a write-up (am doing a write-up, actually) in a short while.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 00:24   Link #236
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I can sort of see your point, but I can't really agree with the last part. Whether or not Tsukimi can see herself as a princess is ultimately something she has to find within herself. It's easy to say that her problems will be solved by separating her from the Amars, but why did she arrive there in the first place? why does she say she's an otaku/nerdy girl? The issue may be far more complex than it appears to be.
Because it's easier to isolate yourself than to change.

The nuns are "enabling". So it's easier for her stay in her situation and not move forward because she has other people that have no intention of doing it and have developed a lifestyle to avoid societal responsibilities. She just calls home to her dad for her allowance like those other girls are doing.
Old 2010-11-12, 00:52   Link #237
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

All I can say about episode 4 is...

"LOL, virgin couple."
Old 2010-11-12, 04:52   Link #238
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
"LOL, virgin couple."
It's pretty fun how perfect that name is for the two.

& i knew it wouldn't be long before you appeared in this thread raile. :3
Old 2010-11-12, 10:41   Link #239
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's pretty fun how perfect that name is for the two.

& i knew it wouldn't be long before you appeared in this thread raile. :3
I had my misgivings at first, but when I saw the OP and the movie parodies in it, I just knew I had to watch it.

I like the pacing of the episodes and the characters are fun to watch, though most of the NEET nuns show their negative qualities time to time, and in a way, have quite an influence on Tsukimi , like how she was worried about them with her makeover, dolled up and all.

Also...

Shu-Shu!

Man, I love that guy. XD He reminds me of my own wife, with the glasses and uptightness. Tell me, Shiroth, are you sailing the same ship as I am? (Though ultimately I wouldn't really mind a Kura-pyon ending. This is more of a lighthearted triangler than a certain Macross series, where I still have a negative impression on one green-haired girl).

Last edited by raile; 2010-11-12 at 10:52.
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 11:03   Link #240
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Tell me, Shiroth, are you sailing the same ship as I am? (Though ultimately I wouldn't really mind a Kura-pyon ending. This is more of a lighthearted triangler than a certain Macross series, where I still have a negative impression on one green-haired girl).
I find Tsukimi and Shu-Shu to be quite the cute pair from what we've seen in this weeks episode, so i'm all for more development between the two, though at the same time i feel more passionate about Kuranosuke's, and his feelings towards Tsukimi developing. Though for now i'm perfectly happy with him blushing and acting jealous, because boy is he adorable.

So you have a Shu-Sh wife? I'm so jealous.

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance