Old 2013-12-28, 21:52   Link #1181
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was something at less this time the mine MC did get a girl this time

6/10 I really dont like it when dudes cry
Old 2013-12-28, 21:59   Link #1182
MCAL

12-13:

So basically they all wanted the good ending , but "curse the stupidity of the human heart," they all got the bad ending. It was very interesting hearing Setsuna confess that she had been a little manipulative. Of course, as I (And many others) have said repeatedly is that they are all at fault. And that's what makes White Album 2 one of the best love triangle situations in anime. A very solid 8/10. Second season when?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 22:36   Link #1183
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
did any1 else think that Haruki should get school days'ed ending instead?
I initially did think that last episode, with the way Haruki just runs off the way he did to catch Kazusa right in front of Setsuna, even when the others tried to make him see that, so making him come off as really insensitive and all. Even more so at the start of this episode with how he was ignoring Setsuna calling just to get it on with Kazusa.

But it gets a bit redeemed that they DO at least get around to talking about it. I was afraid that, with Setsuna trying to say how she felt she didn't deserve to be mad or anything, they would end up trying to sweep it all under the rug and, after Kazusa left, they'd end up back together again, but luckily, that didn't end up happening, leaving the ending pretty bittersweet at best.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 22:47   Link #1184
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Well we knew the sad end was coming, but that didn't make it any less sad.

Even though I've been a Kazusa fan all along, I couldn't help but feel bad for Setsuna here. Really quite selfless of her to lay on her sword and take responsibility. While she screwed things up, certainly, she was only following her feelings like anyone else, and definitely can't be blamed for anything.

Would really like a second season. I hate sad endings in romance stories (then again, they could always do another sad end now that I think about it… hmmm…)
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 22:49   Link #1185
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Well we knew the sad end was coming, but that didn't make it any less sad.

Even though I've been a Kazusa fan all along, I couldn't help but feel bad for Setsuna here. Really quite selfless of her to lay on her sword and take responsibility. While she screwed things up, certainly, she was only following her feelings like anyone else, and definitely can't be blamed for anything.

Would really like a second season. I hate sad endings in romance stories (then again, they could always do another sad end now that I think about it… hmmm…)
Yeah, I liked Kazusa too, but not like anyone can blame Setsuna either considering it's not like Haruki and Kazusa were really making any real noticeable attempts at one another either.
Old 2013-12-28, 22:51   Link #1186
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I hear the anime's plot is based on the 1st half of a romance game, correct?

Does anyone know what happens in the 2nd half?
Play the game, or ask in the game thread if you really want to know: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122578
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 23:04   Link #1187
Nitestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Yeah, I liked Kazusa too, but not like anyone can blame Setsuna either considering it's not like Haruki and Kazusa were really making any real noticeable attempts at one another either.
I can certainly blame Setsuna - if she actually considered Kazusa her friend, then she should have no issue revealing to her that her feelings were reciprocated. On the same note, its not much of a relationship for her to have with Haruki if she has to hide the fact that Kazusa also reciprocated his feelings for her in order to stay with him. Did she have no trust in her boyfriend? If not, then she should have never bothered to enter in a relationship in the first place. I still can't fathom how she thought that a relationship predicated on lack of knowledge was a good idea in the first place.

Not to say Kazusa and Haruki don't share blame either, but that is another issue altogether.
Nitestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 23:39   Link #1188
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Having knowledge of the visual novel doesn't make this episode any easier to watch Easily my favourite series of 2013. Hell of a way to end the year.

Spoiler for VN content:
Old 2013-12-28, 23:58   Link #1189
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
did any1 else think that Haruki should get school days'ed ending instead?
would've loved to see this ending

i usually like bittersweet endings but this one doesn't sit right with me. How Setsuna was treated for the final 3rd of the series seemed uncharacteristic of both Touma and Haruki. It's like they could not care less about her feelings

i'm not a Setsuna shipper either. I just thought they handled her very poorly.

very good show though. My expectations were very low when it first started (given how the "first season" was) yet it slowly developed into my sleeper hit of the season.
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 23:59   Link #1190
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
Having knowledge of the visual novel doesn't make this episode any easier to watch Easily my favourite series of 2013. Hell of a way to end the year.
Especially compared to some of the other (attempted) romances (that have finished).
Old 2013-12-29, 00:01   Link #1191
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post

Spoiler for VN content:
Spoiler for Vn content:

This episode was pretty good. I liked the way they managed to include that Setsuna internal monologue of questioning why things turned out the way they did. It was the opening of the VN and so is quite memorable to me. That and it quite neatly summarizes what the first part of WA2 is about.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 01:10   Link #1192
MartianMage

And so it ended and I still say I cannot agree with Haruki's decision. I'll admit that this show is pretty well done but my enjoyment of the series is seriously hampered by the turn of events in these last few episodes. I just cannot agree with their(I know they all made mistakes but Haruki is the one that offends me the most) decisions at the end. TBH if Haruki got School Days'd I would have found it amusing and fitting.

Obviously will not rewatch except maybe their big moment at the festival.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 01:15   Link #1193
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Well, that's why Haruki actually didn't want to go to the airport in the first place... he himself know that he can't hold his feelings anymore if to see Kazusa at the airport again but Setsuna just force him to come

sad endings will come again if they choose to animate the last season with a certain route
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 01:41   Link #1194
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Anyone realised how Haruki was completely against playing the guitar solo for Sound of Destiny but performs the one in Todokanai Koi like it's nothing despite having practiced it only for a day? It's a short bridge into the last chorus, but still
Old 2013-12-29, 02:14   Link #1195
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I have to say that it was a gut wrenching ending for the first season... Pretty sure that Setsuna is already hurt much already. Well, can't blame her for being in the wrong place and time after the school festival.

On the other hand, what will Haruki do now? It's not like that he'll chase Kazusa throughout Vienna, Austria badly.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 02:28   Link #1196
Nitestorm

Can someone explain to me why Kazusa leaving for Vienna is even a big deal? The show occurs in like what, 2008?

E-mail, texts, video chat, social media, and whatever else means maintaining contact between two people should be rather trivial.

I mean if this was like 1990 or something then I can understand the distance barrier being more meaningful.
Nitestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 03:03   Link #1197
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitestorm View Post
Can someone explain to me why Kazusa leaving for Vienna is even a big deal? The show occurs in like what, 2008?

E-mail, texts, video chat, social media, and whatever else means maintaining contact between two people should be rather trivial.

I mean if this was like 1990 or something then I can understand the distance barrier being more meaningful.
That's... wow I never even thought of that.

I have this odd feeling that the writer(s?) may not have either or 2007 Japan is very different from 2013. I haven't seen anyone in the show even use a computer let alone have one.
Old 2013-12-29, 03:05   Link #1198
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:

Even tech-savvy people lose all of their tech swag once put in a similar situation. Can you imagine liking a FB post of your ex???
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 03:24   Link #1199
velocity7

Quote:

Of course it's easy to keep in touch over the Internet etc. However, it's a big deal because Kazusa intended to cut off all connections with Haruki etc. over Setsuna through this move.
Old 2013-12-29, 03:38   Link #1200
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Does anyone know what happens in the 2nd half?
Maybe it would get a season too. Maybe not. Depends on producers.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical