AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-11-10, 16:41   Link #1861
shibakun

Do we have a confirmed episode count?

Have they confirmed how many episodes Guilty Crown will have?

Thanks!
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 16:45   Link #1862
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

I was kinda hoping that Shuu would have the plan of using Arga's void from the beginning but it just looks like he winged it and was insanely lucky to get the perfect void for the job. In any case, just how was he meant to pass the test without using the void, anyway?.
Lol yeah, he's incredibly lucky. He used it like that with no covers at all, competely exposed to her. It's a bold and dangerous move. And no one care about that. They are just happy that he "won".
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 16:54   Link #1863
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ShuxInori ep5:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 17:05   Link #1864
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ShuxInori ep5:
^Spot on...

Also after watching it again the scene with Gai and Inori in his room. I'm wondering if the she Inori was referring to was the one Shu saw in his memories in episode one. The chibi Inori lookalike holding the little string thing. Seems like Shu has one helluva a memory block going on that's slowly dissolving...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 17:15   Link #1865
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Have they confirmed how many episodes Guilty Crown will have?

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure it's 22 episodes.

As for what I thought of the episode...it's going to be negative, and since I've been so negative on the series as is, I'll just spoil tag the more whiny parts of my thoughts.

Spoiler for Episode 5:

In short, apart from being stupid, forced, and surprisingly more boring than an episode of Shana III, this episode was just mean-spirited and kind of unpleasant. Shu comes off as a jackass no matter what he does, someone or something is always trying to hurt him both physically and mentally, and not one joke worked in this episode. In my opinion, the only thing that can save this anime is if Shu starts to grow a darker side due to all the abuse he suffers (I'm half-joking with this statement).

On a side note, what is up with Inori's battle outfit (yes, I know she didn't wear it this episode)? I didn't mention this before, but it's weird. If you don't give some proper build up or explanation for why she's wearing that thing, no one's going to take it seriously.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2011-11-11 at 02:58.
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 17:18   Link #1866
JediNight
キズランダム

I winced when Shu was patronizing to Ayase and knew he was gonna get something coming at him heh. I like their characterization of Ayase so far. She's definitely gone up a lot in my estimation. Then Shu gets totally punked by Inori in saying it was only orders. Thats gotta hurt the pride a good deal.

What I thought was silly though was pulling the Void for a mock battle, seeing as at best it could have been useless, and at worst he could have destroyed the Endlave. But creative license I guess...

And Shu is a moron a lot of the time. But he earns partial credit for verbalizing that he probably just doesn't know what to look for in a person as to why they're great and that he's being a jerk. Hence why Ayase wasn't mad at him after that interchange.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 17:22   Link #1867
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Forget the Endlave, more like kill everyone there...
Old 2011-11-10, 17:33   Link #1868
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for Gai:
I wouldn't be surprised at all. After seeing her speak and how happy and full of life she was/hearing Shu's comment about her age, the death flag immediately went up in my mind. Kinda hope I'm wrong though, she seems cute.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 17:44   Link #1869
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Come to think of it... Arugo did ask about Shu's Void extracting ability earlier. I assume they might've tested it out. Could explain why Shu's eyes were mainly fixed on Arugo. It'd be even more dangerous(and apparently stupid) if he randomly extraced someone else's Void. Sure it might not look it, but that may be the most likely explanation.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 17:47   Link #1870
Znail

Quote:
Oh and I forgot to mention: Child soldiers - NOT COOL.
That goes for most of them, including 17 year old Gai. Even the enemy uses kids. On the other hand so are most of them older then say Naruto.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 17:49   Link #1871
tsunade666

what a nice episode and all but I didn't like the end. What is a satellite weapon doing there? gundam? I was facepalm at the range of the blast. It's huge and how the heck will they battle it? but in the pictures shown about it looks like he find a good void to challenge it and again <.< nice saving void. The void weapon is becoming a plot device that always makes Shu the winner. Truly uber hax and the training also proves it when he ended up using it again to win the mock battle. Well there is no way he would win against an endlave with a gun.

Aside from that good episode and nice development but I think Inori is lying and the same time saying the truth.
Old 2011-11-10, 17:55   Link #1872
JediNight
キズランダム

Makes you wonder what type of "goodwill humanitarian gestures" you can do with an orbital death ray ;p

And with Inori, yeah I imagine that she was told to say those things, but she does like Shu a little bit, or is at least flattered that he likes her and wants to protect her. But she of course doesn't really know how to handle those feelings yet.
Old 2011-11-10, 18:02   Link #1873
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Regarding Ep 5 ... you know, I hafta admit that even if Shu us not the most heroic or likable character ever created I really feel it is not good for Inori to yank him around like that.

Even if she did so on orders or was saying such things on orders, and even if she does harbor some kind of feelings for him that are only just beginning to germinate ... even with all this I can't help feeling sorry for Shu, especially with him being so young, inexperienced and immature as he is portrayed.

Using Inori to hook him in may be a "necessary evil" from Gai's perspective or whatever, but the fact remains that she WAS used as a hook to further Gai's plans (even if it could be "justified" as good in the long run). Especially continuing to hurt Shu by "passing off" the possible couple times a month sexual relationship and then having Inori tell Shu that her kindness was simply acting on orders - I dunno. It just rubs me the wrong way.

In terms of "blame", though, I feel that Gai is the main one that is in the wrong - Inori still seems kinda blank, robotic, etc.

Ah well.
Old 2011-11-10, 18:03   Link #1874
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Come to think of it... Arugo did ask about Shu's Void extracting ability earlier. I assume they might've tested it out. Could explain why Shu's eyes were mainly fixed on Arugo. It'd be even more dangerous(and apparently stupid) if he randomly extraced someone else's Void. Sure it might not look it, but that may be the most likely explanation.
I considered that too, but Arugo's comments about his own void afterwards makes it sound like it was a revelation to him, which it shouldn't have been if Shu had already done it once before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
That goes for most of them, including 17 year old Gai. Even the enemy uses kids. On the other hand so are most of them older then say Naruto.
WTF?!? Gai's only 17 years old?!?!
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 18:05   Link #1875
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Makes you wonder what type of "goodwill humanitarian gestures" you can do with an orbital death ray ;p

And with Inori, yeah I imagine that she was told to say those things, but she does like Shu a little bit, or is at least flattered that he likes her and wants to protect her. But she of course doesn't really know how to handle those feelings yet.
Yeah, I just went "way to say they're evil" when they gave a death ray to those guys. Because when I think of a reason to side with them over Funeral Parlor, I think death rays.

As for Inori, I seriously hope she doesn't like him as of yet. I know Episode 4 suggested she might, but she and Shu have had way too little interaction and development for me to believe that.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 18:15   Link #1876
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
It's anime years. Time passes differently. 1 anime year = 2 normal years.
Old 2011-11-10, 18:24   Link #1877
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
You haven't read Prince of Tennis or even the New Prince of Tennis to see that some people look much older than they really are.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 18:24   Link #1878
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
I considered that too, but Arugo's comments about his own void afterwards makes it sound like it was a revelation to him, which it shouldn't have been if Shu had already done it once before...
He would've lost his memory concerning that moment, but it does make you wonder why Shu didn't just let him know once he woke up if that's what you mean

Quote:
I had the same reaction. I might've been more comfortable this more if Shuwere about in his early 20s or so (might've reminded me of C's protagonist appearance-wise). I'm really not digging how a lot of Funeral Parlor's members are teenagers either. It really struck me that Kenji Kido(mass murdering bubble man) is likely 17 or under too.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 18:32   Link #1879
miketyson

Some more thoughts now that it's settled in: for all the tropes and clunkiness this show has the writers are at least doing some things more carefully than they're getting credit for.

In ep 3 Inori holds back from shooting Shu's drug-dealer "friend" b/c of what Shu says. What Shu says is that he doesn't want to think that his friend's good-guy act was just an act. Now in ep5 Inori's reaction in ep 3 makes more sense, b/c
Spoiler:

In ep 3 Shu's wording jumped out at me and it seems like it did wind up being chosen carefully. EP 5 has another example of this, explanation behind spoilers.

Spoiler:

Anyways, this show's not going to win any emmys (metaphorically speaking), but there are touches like this that show the writing staff is actually putting some thought into what they're doing beyond the basics. It's just hard to spot b/c so much of the show is over the top and generally clumsy (fun, but clumsy).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 18:43   Link #1880
JediNight
キズランダム

Think about it from Shu's perspective now: He's been lied to or used by multiple people now. I think I would have major trust issues after learning all that. Gai is using him. Inori misled him. The GHQ guy is shady and says they're the good guys, but then they use a giant death ray, etc.

Hard for him to really trust anyone at this point.

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig