AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 12 Rating
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect.... 44 29.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 31 21.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 29 19.73%
7 out of 10 : Good... 20 13.61%
6 out of 10 : Average... 12 8.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 3 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 3 2.04%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-24, 13:48   Link #221
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Because at this point they've basically had a revolving door of characters introed only to die off suddenly.
Old 2012-09-24, 14:08   Link #222
Karakuri

I usually vote with 10/10, it's not because they introduced and killed the new character soon ( At least not for me ).
It just didn't catch my attention, it was...kind of boring, I enjoyed it, but I think it could've been much better.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 14:17   Link #223
Clarste
Human

She's not dead, she's a necklace.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 14:32   Link #224
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
This. I dunno why everyone assumes she is dead, even in the episode itself it is stated that she still is "alive" although she can't interact with Kirito and Asuna. Also she had to disappear, as she was just gamebreaking; with her no boss would be any problem and the anime would be more or less nonesense... Btw I dunno what everyone means with the introduction -> kill thingy as this only appeared for Black Cats of the Full Moon and Diabel. Apart from those none of the good guys died...

EDIT: I don't really consider the Army guys from the Blue-Eyed Demon as good nor bad guys, they were just dumb

Last edited by Esebian; 2012-09-24 at 14:42.
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 14:38   Link #225
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They were the same as the guys we saw harassing children, just stronger and higher in the hierarchy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 14:56   Link #226
Karakuri

Quote:
Well, I knew she wasn't dead, but since everyone was saying it...heh'
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 15:00   Link #227
Akadrus
dps

Quote:
O_o it's sound just great!
btw. Who want to have a little doughter in PC? -.-' I really can't see any sensable reason for keeping her... Sometimes we have to say "goodbye", right?
Old 2012-09-24, 15:04   Link #228
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Except that Cardinal was described as an autonomous AI that doesn't require human maintenance.
By that extention, that also means the AI can respond itself without the need of confirmation from a human operator, seeing that AI is able to manage the balance of the game without any human input.

This probably explains how Kabaya can elude the government and all, as if the server has absolutely no need for maintenance or human control, there is even less information to track down.
It can respond by itself, but that doesn't mean that it needs to respond right away. Even though the game never really goes down, there are probably times designated as good times to make changes to avoid interfering with the actions of players and/or various programs too much.

So Yui does her thing and gets caught, is terminated, and is marked to be deleted at the next good time. It's not like it was super urgent that she was to be deleted, she isn't running, she isn't causing any harm. That is plenty of time for Kirito to spawn that necklace thing with her data.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 15:14   Link #229
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
So Yui does her thing and gets caught, is terminated, and is marked to be deleted at the next good time. It's not like it was super urgent that she was to be deleted, she isn't running, she isn't causing any harm. That is plenty of time for Kirito to spawn that necklace thing with her data.
Yup, similar to what I was pointing out there's no real reason to assume there's a time limit. It's highly possible <<Cardinal>> would flag the program deletion job for 'later'. Whether that's a day or a month or a year later shouldn't really matter.

It's a rogue program that's gone 'out of bounds' once in two years of operation, it's probably flagged pretty low, and it's an even that was witnessed by two out of 6,000 players. It's possible her program was de-rezzed, then simply flagged for later deletion.

heck, if it makes you feel better maybe he was only thrown back from the screen because his NervGEAR suddenly downloaded all her data and the massive lag spike interfered with his balance (he is likely laying down in real life in a coma bed), and that's why he was suddenly thrown back. Coupled with the interface being shut off because that 'user does not exist' or simply being flagged for something odd / locked out because it was copied / etc.

There are many simple explanations, but again, we're dealing with technical issues in an entertainment show, written by a non technical writer. These things happen all the time and should simply be ignored (for your own sanity, ultimately).

Unless you actually think, a la Sandra Bullock's movie, that you can actually hack into a high security network laying on a beach with a laptop... or hack into an alien spaceship with an apple laptop (that is hacking... wirelessly?)... or some of the travesties Hackers had. Really it's not something that's new, or ever cleverly handled.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 17:00   Link #230
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

There's also the matter of deletion itself. "Deleting" an item usually just involves terminating the reference to it. Rarely do people have the computers actually bother cleaning the data itself. It's a waste of time.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 17:07   Link #231
LKK

Just got around to watching the episode. I thought the episode was a 9 worthy excellent, but I knocked off a point and gave it an 8 very good due to the OP spoiling the truth of Yui's identity. I'm glad that Kirito was able to save Yui's heart. She was a sweetie. I hope they really will be able to recreate somehow when they get back to the real world. (By that you can deduce, I'm also hoping they get back to the real world. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 17:12   Link #232
M.A.D

Anyone thinks Yui's gonna come back if Kirito manage to find that reviving flower in episode 4? Maybe they'll go on a quest for it or something
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 17:19   Link #233
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Anyone thinks Yui's gonna come back if Kirito manage to find that reviving flower in episode 4? Maybe they'll go on a quest for it or something
Not really, no. She's a full-fledged admin AI, not a pet NPC. The symbolism I see, but not the mechanics. And even if for some implausible reason that works, it would take the Cardinal AI thingie another five seconds to terminate her again.

I still say Kirito should become a professor of robotics, build a lolibot, and put Yui's data in there. More fun than running a virtual world in a basement server just for her.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 17:31   Link #234
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Plus, it'd be too easy. Kirito did it several levels ago, with Scilica in tow. How much faster could he do it now, with Asuna to help?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 17:37   Link #235
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Not really, no. She's a full-fledged admin AI, not a pet NPC. The symbolism I see, but not the mechanics. And even if for some implausible reason that works, it would take the Cardinal AI thingie another five seconds to terminate her again.

I still say Kirito should become a professor of robotics, build a lolibot, and put Yui's data in there. More fun than running a virtual world in a basement server just for her.
Funny, cus Kirito sounded in this episode like he can transform Yui into another Ene. (Kagero Project reference ftw)
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 17:38   Link #236
M.A.D

Who knows? Maybe they'll run into some Coffin guys, and something went wrong. The name of the next episode sounds pretty ominous.
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 19:25   Link #237
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
That could work actually. Or maybe the technology would be available in the military by 2025? It's possible.

But jeez, it's an "overused trope" people will say.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 20:57   Link #238
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Because at this point they've basically had a revolving door of characters introed only to die off suddenly.
You make it sound like Another, but out of twelve episodes, heroic characters have died in only three -- and that's including red shirts. Liz, Scilica, Klein, Agil, Yolko, Kains, Sasha and Yuriel are all alive and well, and Yui's just frozen in carbonite.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 21:06   Link #239
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think it's not really that people "die off" literally, it's that this isn't really a "group show". It's a show that, to this point, is basically about Kirito and Asuna only. They encounter other people along the way, and they take the focus for a while to deliver the story in question, and then those introduced characters fade into the background. That's pretty much the way the anime is structured so far. That doesn't mean that it'll always stay that way, but so far each encounter is rather standalone rather than some other stories where the characters introduced are more interwoven within the narrative. Personally that doesn't really bother me, but it's a different kind of storytelling that feels a bit more fragmented than the typical plot-driven anime. But, as we've seen so far, the earlier fragments do seem to come back later, so I think it's mostly a matter of being patient and seeing where they're going with all this.
Old 2012-09-24, 21:48   Link #240
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
I don't think so.. cause Yui's not a pet.. she's an administrative program, probably...

Quote:
A robot daughter.. not bad.

Quote:
Who knows? Maybe they'll run into some Coffin guys, and something went wrong. The name of the next episode sounds pretty ominous.
Those guys are unpredictable... we don't know
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote