Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-20, 10:56   Link #1
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

Pretty Cure Max Heart

Yata! More Nagisa and Honoka!

I've just watched the first three eps of this.
And I'm happy to have Cure Black and Cure White back (just couldn't watch the other two).
I could have done with out Mepple, Mipple, and Porun, but I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

The transformation sequence is good, although Nagisa make some pretty funny faces during it.

And let's not forget about the mysterious Hikari.

Thanks go out to Arienai for subbing!

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Old 2006-03-20, 14:09   Link #2
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Totally, most shoujo transformations are spinny little affairs consisting of hearts and pirouettes. Pretty Cures are explosive, tumbling, dynamic changes. The first time I saw them transform all I could say was "COOL"
Well, I can manage to watch some of these...but the scenes for Tokyo Mew Mew were just sad to see. I always skipped forward. Ichigo's transforming scene took about 2 minutes of the episode's total time... lol.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-08-29, 09:03   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Yatta! At last, I have downloaded and watched the first Max Heart episode; I always looked forward to see the second series to the classic one.

Near the end of the previous year, December 28th to be exact, I was blissed to grace my eyes with the ending of the first Pretty Cure. There was a little sobbing from my part when the whole show ended in a bittersweet note.
Spoiler:

At that time I thought the ending needed more momentum to nicely wrap melancholic tone to Nagisa and Honoka's state of desolation.
Spoiler:

Then, yesterday I saw the first Max Heart episode, and the introduction blasted me.
It introduces a new sense of unshrouded mystery from the very beginning.
Spoiler:

Good relief! I'm happy to see again both girls in action; I indeed really missed Nagisa's quirks and tantrums.

The new transform sequences are vibrant, explosive, jittery with blasts of different color shades rather than opting to use the traditional girly decorations like swirls of hearts, rainbow effects, etc.

As far episode one goes, Zakenna gets blasted but afterwards reappears seemingly unscathed until the Marble Screws' aftereffects take their toll.
Old 2006-09-04, 21:44   Link #4
nagisa

hey u know when we watch Pretty Cure Max Heart we need mp4 rite do u know get it??????
Old 2006-09-05, 00:26   Link #5
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagisa
hey u know when we watch Pretty Cure Max Heart we need mp4 rite do u know get it??????
You don't get mp4. You need to decode it, and Combined Community Codec Pack is the answer.
http://www.cccp-project.net/
Old 2006-09-13, 10:02   Link #6
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Question

I got a question?

I've been watching 'MH' since I fnished the first season. I had been wondering something when the group started. Was the source material being used different in quality than the broadcast versions? The resolution is really clear for the DVD. But I had wondered since there were earlier ep. taken from the broadcasts.

Man, I love this show. And I don't really care much for shows like these. As I was never into 'Sailor Moon'. But now I can see why this show was favored so much. They kick soooo much 'Zakenna' ass! Hahaha!!! Pretty damn rough for a magical girl show. But with the directors of 'Air Master' behind it how could I not love it!

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2006-09-13, 12:14   Link #7
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
I got a question?

I've been watching 'MH' since I fnished the first season. I had been wondering something when the group started. Was the source material being used different in quality than the broadcast versions? The resolution is really clear for the DVD. But I had wondered since there were earlier ep. taken from the broadcasts.

Man, I love this show. And I don't really care much for shows like these. As I was never into 'Sailor Moon'. But now I can see why this show was favored so much. They kick soooo much 'Zakenna' ass! Hahaha!!! Pretty damn rough for a magical girl show. But with the directors of 'Air Master' behind it how could I not love it!
Every pretty cure release since episode 14 of the original series or so is based off of R2 DVD sources. And those DVDs themselves are generally excellent quality.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-09-13, 13:00   Link #8
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
Every pretty cure release since episode 14 of the original series or so is based off of R2 DVD sources. And those DVDs themselves are generally excellent quality.
Ah, so everything afterwards were sourced from the DVDs. Then I guess the broadcasts were pretty standard fare imagewise then. Meaning the images were probably not as slick or cleaned up as the DVD versions. I'm guessing if that's the case.

Old 2006-09-13, 13:35   Link #9
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
Ah, so everything afterwards were sourced from the DVDs. Then I guess the broadcasts were pretty standard fare imagewise then. Meaning the images were probably not as slick or cleaned up as the DVD versions. I'm guessing if that's the case.
It's more simply a function of the analgoue video capture TV broadcast based raws use, combined with a reencode compared with DVDs are clean sources with little to no noise, and are much much better sources to encode from (almost always). With the exception of the few digitally broadcast HDTV anime which has only started recently, DVDs are the best raw source one can get.
The actual animation is probably mostly identical.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-09-13, 23:29   Link #10
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

After watching the first season and just the first two episodes of Max Heart, one question has been really nagging at me:

Spoiler for my question might have spoilers...:
Old 2006-09-14, 12:39   Link #11
kuraeru

Porun is just SOOOOOO adorable in Pretty Cure Max Heart, way more than in the first Pretty Cure anime. Episode 6 (00:03:10) has one really cute Porun scene. All Porun scenes are just uber cute!

Actually the art for some of the episodes are horrible. Take episode 11 for example, just look at the fighting scenes between Hikari & Zakenna.
Old 2006-09-22, 14:24   Link #12
chrno

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuraeru
Porun is just SOOOOOO adorable in Pretty Cure Max Heart, way more than in the first Pretty Cure anime. Episode 6 (00:03:10) has one really cute Porun scene. All Porun scenes are just uber cute!

Actually the art for some of the episodes are horrible. Take episode 11 for example, just look at the fighting scenes between Hikari & Zakenna.
If you thought that was bad you should have seen the character shots in the beginning of ep. 17 for the camping trip. Oh well, it's a kid show.

And yes 'Porun' is kawai~iii! Actually I think my cutest deal with him I think in the earlier season. I can't remember if it was first season or second. Think it was first season. This was during his mischievous days. He was mistaken for a bean bag at a outdoor event. But it was afterward watching him throw the bean bags in the basket after all the equipment was returned to storage. He just sat there going,

"Ouchy-ouchy po-po, ouchy-ouchy popo!"

I think that was my cutest moment for him. Can't believe I'm still thinking about that.

Old 2006-10-05, 23:52   Link #13
Cure Heart
Reika

Send a message via MSN to Cure Heart
Question Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart

Does anybody know the name of Hikari's Pretty Cure form? I've been trying to find out,but youtube won't upload some of the Pretty Cure eps because the person who submitted them didn't get permission from Toei.
So,yeah,what's Hikari's Pretty Cure form name?
Old 2006-10-06, 00:03   Link #14
Cure Heart
Reika

Send a message via MSN to Cure Heart
Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart

What is the name of Hikari's Pretty Cure form?
Old 2006-10-06, 01:46   Link #15
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure Heart
Does anybody know the name of Hikari's Pretty Cure form? I've been trying to find out,but youtube won't upload some of the Pretty Cure eps because the person who submitted them didn't get permission from Toei.
So,yeah,what's Hikari's Pretty Cure form name?
Shiny Luminous.

Her transformation speach is:

Kagayaku Inochi, Shiny Luminous! (Sparkling Life, Shiny Luminous!)
Hikari no Kokoro to Hikari no Ishi, (Heart of Light and Wills of Light)
Subete wa hitotsu ni suru tame ni! (For them all to become one)

(And yes, I did that from memory ).
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-10-06, 04:23   Link #16
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure Heart
What is the name of Hikari's Pretty Cure form?
Shiny Luminous.
Old 2007-05-01, 00:42   Link #17
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Talking Futari wa Precure Max Heart 2: Yukizora no Tomodachi (movie)

Last Saturday I downloaded and watched the second Pretty Cure Max Heart Movie.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-01, 09:30   Link #18
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

The timing of this release was brilliant. I remember thinking to myself, "Argh! Why hasn't anyone done the second movie?" But then after finally watching it, I realized that they released it when they did in order to line up with the stuff that happened in the Max Heart series. If I had watched the movie any earlier, I wouldn't have known who the heck Lulun was. Bravo once again, Arienai. Bravo.
Old 2007-09-21, 23:06   Link #19
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Okay, I finally finished the show, yay!

Now watch it all or I will cry. Actually, I already did cry a little. It was dust, I say, dust!
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-09-21, 23:53   Link #20
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Okay, I finally finished the show, yay!

Now watch it all or I will cry. Actually, I already did cry a little. It was dust, I say, dust!
Quarkboy, words can barely express both my gratitude and excitement upon finding out at visiting the Arienai website that the last 14 episodes to Max Heart were singlehandedly all released within a single batch.

Thank you and the rest of the Arienai fansubs staff to make these venture possible. Of course, I will start leeching as soon as I can, but I do not intend to finish all the episodes in a whole weekend. I'm planning to take my time, picking up a slow but steady pace and watch them one episode per chance.

Fortunately, soon I'll be finishing with the second series to the Pretty Cure franchise.
Closed Thread

Tags
magical girl, school life