AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2007-01-07, 11:28   Link #81
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Speaking of C71 goodies, I will recommend Key Remix and Arrange - Clarie by XL Project. My favorite is the voiced version of the "日溜まりの街".
I've also had a lil' listen of that - and i easily agree with your favorite choice.
Old 2007-01-07, 20:09   Link #82
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
IMO, some of the doujin works are quite good as well. My recommendations are:
  • piano de kanon by Mag2 Software
  • Key Classics Kanon version by TAMUSIC
TAMUSIC is a pretty famous doujin music circle. I really loved their Touhou classical arranges. Hunting their creations down when you're living half a world away is the problem though.

Funny you mentioned them, because I (or rather, my friend in my place) just received my copy of "Touhou Violin 3" and the second album of "Touhou Lullaby" today. Now that I think about it, I should've bought the Higurashi CD too...

If their discography is correct, I think that Kanon album would be their first Kanon-only album. TAM has already done a few CLANNAD tracks here and there (and lots of AIR tracks) in their albums (see here), but I'm really looking forward to seeing a proper CLANNAD/AIR album from them one day. ^^

Quote:
For me, my vote will go to AIR's Futari (every time, it brings back the memories a few years ago when I played AIR) then follow closely by Natsukage.
The same kind of reason applies for me too. When Yukito first met Misuzu in the game and Natsukage began playing, I stopped for 5 minutes just listening to the music.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 20:52   Link #83
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
In terms of piano tracks, AIR's Natsukage still wins over everything else for me. My second favorites come from CLANNAD/Tomoyo After albums though. "Piano no Mori" would probably be my favorite Key piano album.
Then again, Re-feel is just as good, depending on where your favorite tracks are. The answer? Fork all your money over to Key. ^^;
Natsukage is the all-time winner, no doubt, let it be piano, original, or arranged. The damn thing is, I never got the chance to touch a piano ever since I got hold of its score. So many times I was tempted to buy a small keyboard just to play it, but I successfully stopped myself from doing so. Nothing can substitue a real piano after all.

Yeah, Piano no Mori is a good one too, I especially like Chiisana Tenohira, but in general I still prefer Re-feel. However, the album other than the OSTs I like the most from Key Sounds Label is Ma-Na. The Natsukage and Nagisa in there are just amazing. I love the originals, but the Ma-Na's ones played with niko are just equally attractive, even with quite a different feel. If you just want to buy a small album to try out, that's definitely the one.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 22:36   Link #84
Merridew

Is a niko a traditional Japanese string instrument? I thought it was a violin when I listened to the samples on the Key Sounds Label discography page. I prefer the soft original songs, like the ones in Kanon and CLANNAD.

BTW, are we allowed to ask for sheet music? I've been looking for the piano piece for Nagisa, but I haven't found it yet.
Merridew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 07:07   Link #85
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merridew View Post
Is a niko a traditional Japanese string instrument? I thought it was a violin when I listened to the samples on the Key Sounds Label discography page. I prefer the soft original songs, like the ones in Kanon and CLANNAD.
"niko" is a traditional Chinese instrument (ニ胡, pronounced "er-hu" in Chinese). It's a bowed string instrument like a violin, but the sound produced is quite different. Some would say the sound it makes is symbolic of Chinese traditions and history.

I picked up my copy of Ma-na when I dropped by Tokyo during C68, and I gotta say, it's an unique one. ^^; All the tracks contained on it were some of my favorites to begin with, so it was very fun to listen to them in a totally different arrangement, instead of just another piano version.

And yeah, it'll take a lot to top the original Nagisa for me too. Without that mix of light instruments x percussion, there's just something missing (lol).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 07:40   Link #86
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

I don't really know how to describe niko's sound, but if you listen to a few pieces with it you can easily tell. Objectively speaking, its tone is lower than violin's; from an subjective view, it sounds more... depressing, or heartrending, you can say. Using niko has been quite a trend in modern Japanese music, a noticable one would be Shenmue's soundtrack.

I don't think you can ask for sheet music here, plus I'm not sure if one exists (official one, that is). I can try to look for it though.
Old 2007-01-08, 10:50   Link #87
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
If their discography is correct, I think that Kanon album would be their first Kanon-only album. TAM has already done a few CLANNAD tracks here and there (and lots of AIR tracks) in their albums (see here), but I'm really looking forward to seeing a proper CLANNAD/AIR album from them one day. ^^
Hmmmm, their newest album TAMの福袋 looks interesting. The inclusion of You, ふたり, 小さな手のひら, etc is very tempting. My only rant is they should also include Celes' theme from Final Fantasy VI.

Looks like I need to pay my local anime shop a visit this weekend .

BTW, looks like their second Kanon album is being prepared at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Using niko has been quite a trend in modern Japanese music, a noticable one would be Shenmue's soundtrack.
Shenmue's story is related to China, so I am not surprised to find the usage of niko/er-hu in the music.

On the other hand, the usage of niko/er-h is totally unexpected in Ma-Na and I am pleasantly surprised.
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 13:20   Link #88
rainbowmaiden

Hi all, I hope you don't mind if I ask a question about the new Kanon OP/ED single that came out. How different are the 2006 memorial mixes from the original versions? I know the vocals are rerecorded, but is the background music still the same? And something I'm curious about: Does the 2006 version of Kaze no Tadoritsuku Basho still have that unintelligible rap in it? Thank you very much for your help.
rainbowmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 14:37   Link #89
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmaiden View Post
Hi all, I hope you don't mind if I ask a question about the new Kanon OP/ED single that came out. How different are the 2006 memorial mixes from the original versions? I know the vocals are rerecorded, but is the background music still the same? And something I'm curious about: Does the 2006 version of Kaze no Tadoritsuku Basho still have that unintelligible rap in it? Thank you very much for your help.
Not much difference, really. Slight change in the use of instruments in solo parts, or should I say, different picks of instrument sound on keyboard (e.g. both introductions of Last regrets and Kaze no Tadoritsuku Basho are obviously played by electronic keyboard), and slight difference in sound effect. The rap in ED is gone, with just the "echo" part remaining. Personally, I still prefer the original versions. TV versions are good for a quick listen though, if for some reason you can't listen to the full ones at times.

Last edited by guuchan; 2007-01-10 at 14:57. Reason: My mistake about the rap~
Old 2007-01-10, 14:42   Link #90
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmaiden View Post
No it doesn't To my immense joy. You get the lead up to the rap bit (where it's the same bit over and over echoing before the main part starts) with some guitars mixed in, but then you get a guitar solo instead of the rap bit. Seems even Key realised the mistake they made putting that bit in The vocals are redone, but the music is too, you'll definitely notice it. Sounds a lot softer. I prefer the original versions though, especially Last Regrets, Kaze'll probably get a fair few listens simply because of the lack of the rap bit.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 03:12   Link #91
Sakuya
*Artist

Does anyone know the name of the piece of music played in episode 15 when Mai jumped down from the roof, her silhoette against the moon? That was a beautiful scene, accompanied by the beautiful music!
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 08:32   Link #92
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Does anyone know the name of the piece of music played in episode 15 when Mai jumped down from the roof, her silhoette against the moon? That was a beautiful scene, accompanied by the beautiful music!
It's the same track we've been talking about on the last page, "Shoujo no Ori".
Old 2007-01-19, 22:31   Link #93
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
It's the same track we've been talking about on the last page, "Shoujo no Ori".
I see. Well, I take it this song hasn't been mentioned before! Who sang/what's the name of the upbeat version of Last Regrets shown in episode 16?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 23:54   Link #94
Devil Doll
My name? But my name is..

My favourite tune of 2k2, "Mamono wo Utsumono I" resp. "Mamono wo Utsumono II" (from TV OST 2) doesn't seem to be used in 2k6 at all. Was this one created for 2k2 or does the game have it already? (I checked Anemoscope and the Game OST already, just to make sure I didn't miss anything.)
Devil Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 00:00   Link #95
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Just wondering, but is Kanon 2006 using a separate sound track or borrowing songs from the original game?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 03:42   Link #96
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I see. Well, I take it this song hasn't been mentioned before! Who sang/what's the name of the upbeat version of Last Regrets shown in episode 16?
I already mentioned about it in Episode 16's thread, so I'm just going to quote myself.

"For those who wonder about the OP (Last regrets) remix, it's called Last regrets -X'mas floor style-, performed by Shimamiya Eiko (not Ayana). You can find that song in the album I’ve Girls Compilation vol.1 'regret', track 13. I believe this is so far the first track used in this series that's from an album not released under Key Sounds Label."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Doll View Post
My favourite tune of 2k2, "Mamono wo Utsumono I" resp. "Mamono wo Utsumono II" (from TV OST 2) doesn't seem to be used in 2k6 at all. Was this one created for 2k2 or does the game have it already? (I checked Anemoscope and the Game OST already, just to make sure I didn't miss anything.)
It's for 2k2 only. Game OST doesn't have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Just wondering, but is Kanon 2006 using a separate sound track or borrowing songs from the original game?
From the original game's BGM. So far all the tracks used are from the game's OST and various rearrangement albums.
Old 2007-01-22, 13:58   Link #97
New/Old
Old to the New

Heh heh. I know this has been mentioned before, but I am quite impressed with how Kyoani has been able to use music from the many albums that have been released for Kanon. Heh heh. Every single remix and piece can be found in an album already released. Now that's staying in source. Heh heh.

Quite impressive for this one. Heh heh.
Old 2007-01-26, 12:03   Link #98
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I just couldn't help but pay attention to the music in episode 17 (when I watched the raw) since it fit each scene perfectly. That piano piece after Yuuichi walks Shiori home when she comes to school is the highlight of the episode for me. I could just feel the raw emotion of that piece (especially when we switch from Yuuichi to Kaori) and after watching it again, it brought a tear to my eye.

Can someone please tell me what its name is and which album it came from? Thanks.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 13:40   Link #99
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
CrowKenobi:

That would be "pure snows" off of the "Kanon AIR Piano Arrange Album Re-feel." It's probably my favorite song to come out of Kanon, actually.

*yes, it's a piano remix of "pure snows" from the game's OST
VRMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 05:17   Link #100
Vulcannis

Is the actual kanon playing in the cafe from any of the OSTs? I checked the song lists on wikipedia but I didn't see anything. Barring that, does anyone know a good rendition similar to the one used in the anime? I've found a few free ones online but I really liked the one KyoAni used.
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote