Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 19:30   Link #501
gaiar31

TT TT i want more than 12 ep.....
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 22:26   Link #502
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so finally sphere version of yuru yuri has ended with no one get akarin treatment & yea yuka is expy of TOSHINOU KYOUKO!!

so how it goes endless summer do idol try but failed then beach, tennis, etc give seem rinko's mom sense something "hmm" about those 4 girls doing.

so finally get idol try work but stuck in loop cause area temple was another relative of big rock so back to their main rock to end the endless summer & well yea works days move forward all good one last rock wish friends forever.

oh yea after watching all of it indeed worth some watch.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 23:20   Link #503
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 00:52   Link #504
justsomeguy

Review:
* Saki - at first I thought she was just a bitch considering how she acted the first episode, but she grew to be the most (only?) well-developed character and my favorite. She's the most mature, thoughtful, and decisive of the girls, yet maintains a playful side to her.
* Yuka - she pretty much drives the story with her immature wishes, providing fun and energy to the plot. I really wish her romance plotline was followed up on, though, since it was the only other thing to her.
* Rin - too passive. She's constantly getting dragged along by Yuka, and only seems to be along for the ride. She doesn't contribute to the plot except for ending the eternal summer and big rock miracles in the very last episode.
* Natsumi - considering her name and focus in the OP, I think she was supposed to be the actual main character. But she really could have done a bit more. All I can tell is that she's a tsundere and plays tennis and really doesn't want Saki to leave, but other than that, she's a bit too bland. She doesn't get her own plotline either.
* Pretty good OP and ED.
* The overall plot was a bit... lame. Most of it was just Yuka messing around. (Come on, Rin and Natsumi need more contribution!) It's a slice of life show more than anything else, and in the end the girls did not accomplish anything big. They did grow up though (after doing everything they could think of), accepting Saki's departure and leaving the miracles behind.
* Some of the episodes ended too quickly, before exploring the full potential of that episode's premise. Heck, Episode 2 was literally just running around town (most of which isn't seen again anyway).
* This show is notable for having the worst art/animation of the season that I've watched in Episode 8. Wow. I'm sure I'll see more horrors next season in Dog Days', but Sunrise is supposed to have higher standards than Seven Arcs.

8/10. A bit too low-key. It could have been slightly more ambitious, and all the episodes, even the finale, seemed to stop just short of greatness. And yet, it's still one of my favorites this season.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC

Last edited by justsomeguy; 2012-06-29 at 01:17.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 02:08   Link #505
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Lol I thought the same about Natsumi's name being in the title, but I later found out that "natsu" actually means "summer", and the title translates to "summer of miracles". Natsumi was probably named after summer as well, but it's unlikely that the show was actually named after her.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 02:20   Link #506
Kazu-kun

One of the things I liked about this series is that it didn't have a main protagonist and focused on all the girls pretty much equally. When you have a group of friends as main characters I think this approach works better than having a clear main lead.

Saki was my favorite though. She was just too special somehow!!
Old 2012-06-29, 02:36   Link #507
butahill
Inactive Member

Started watching this show I didn't have high expectations first of all because I don't like shoujo series nor do I like Maho and Idol themes. But this series is more than that, it's about close friendship. I think it had weak 1st episode with Saki being too angsty but everything came together in the end. I loved how Natsumi's and Rin's parents talked about their childhood with smiles on their faces I guess that's the faith which awaits our lead characters.

8/10
butahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 03:39   Link #508
Arkeus

Pretty much my favorite show of the season, and maybe of this past year. It had a great rhythm and some actual character development. Fun.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 04:00   Link #509
Sol Falling

Well, this episode felt anticlimactic if only for the fact that we don't get to see the aftermath of Saki's departure but given that BD episode counts indicate we might get one last special episode, maybe that'll be okay. This series ended more or less the most natural way possible, which was to close with the paradigm of putting away the "miracle" and moving on with reality. While I can appreciate that on a thematic level, I must still admit I found all of the other episodes more enjoyable.

If the real theme of this series has been "friendship" as opposed to miracles, then there's no real need for saying goodbye to the big rock to be the end of the series. If it really is true that there'll be a BD/DVD only extra episode, then I won't put this series away until that is over. Until then, though, Natsumi and friends can take a vacation (:P haha).

Speaking of who the main character was in this series, while I agree "all four of them" is the most correct answer, I do think Natsumi did have a somewhat different role from the others. Saki, as the leaving character who's departure was to mark the end of the series, was naturally (I think) the most attractive and likeable character. Our ability to care about her eventual departure was fundamental to our investment in the underlying drama/resolution of the series. In that way, then, as the character who was most attached to Saki and affected by her departure, Natsumi did act more than any other of the four as a stand-in for the audience. It's a somewhat subtle distinction, of course, which I don't think has any impact on which characters were popular or whom we found actually likeable, but on a narrative level, I do think this was part of the role Natsumi played.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2012-06-29 at 07:31.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 04:35   Link #510
Marina2

To sum up about this show.......

The first ep. will turn many people off because of Saki's attitude but if they can handle it and continute to watch, they will find that she is very likable. Other character are also likeable in their own way.

The story of this show is quite good for slice of life show standard. I like the mix between slice of life and fantasy element. The plot of each eps. are ranged from so-so to good. In fact, some eps like 'haunting building' are very creative and enjoyable.
Old 2012-06-29, 05:37   Link #511
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I definitely thought there would be more drama between Natsumi and Saki coming but it turns out there didn't have to be. In the end Natsumi simply accepted Saki's moving after realising for herself what an endless summer vacation would actually look like. I thought it was a fairly good conclusion even if it was a little anti-climactic.

Overall O enjoyed this series. It started out as a bit of a bore but the characters eventually grew on me as well as their stories.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 08:38   Link #512
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Decent show overall, but the ending was a bit anti-climatic for me. There were still a few unresolved issues, making the ending somewhat wanting. I personally would have preferred a more cliche ending with a flash-forward a few years into the future where they are reunited.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 08:51   Link #513
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
And Rocksuiro Trollseki comes to an end!

I think I liked this show more than I should, but I couldn't stop loling (and getting entertained) by all the mischief the rock and co decided to give us. Gave an interesting spin to the "cute girls doing cute things" genre which I normally don't care about. And the last episode was no different with its groundhog day approach.

Won't give a score because I didn't find it "legit good" and enjoyed it (quite a bit actually) for probably the wrong reasons. Reminds me of a certain obnoxious writer in the industry...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 09:17   Link #514
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Aside from the potentially off-puttingly dramatic first episode, Natsuiro Kiseki has been a consistently good anime for its execution and story.

The dynamics between the main characters make this anime, and the story makes the most fun out of them by cleverly using the magical rock as a plot device. This anime is funny, sweet, and generally feel-good. The only major problem I have is with the animation, which could have been a lot better.

Natsuiro Kiseki lacks ambition, but what's most remarkable about it is that it succeeds exactly where it wants, which unfortunately can't be said for a lot of other anime.

And Saki is the best girl.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 09:24   Link #515
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
And Saki is the best girl.
BROMOEFIST!

Yuka is pretty lol as well because she's genki and ends up doing the most fail things and I end up laughing at her. Natsumi is typical female lead, but that doesn't mean she's bad. I forgot the name of the quiet kuudere, because I don't care about her.

But seriously, the best character is THE ROCK. No doubt about that.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 10:54   Link #516
ookamigirl

Nice one! So guess that wishing stone somehow did it again!
Getting another chance over and over was awesome.
Day at the beach was nice ^^
It was about time they nailed that audition too.
Guess they were stuck in a loop until they did the right thing.
It was a really nice final episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 11:38   Link #517
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

A decent show indeed, but I am sure most would agree that some aspects could be improved to make it even better. Of course the most obvious one would be the consistency in animation.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 11:38   Link #518
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Review:
* Saki - at first I thought she was just a bitch considering how she acted the first episode, but she grew to be the most (only?) well-developed character and my favorite. She's the most mature, thoughtful, and decisive of the girls, yet maintains a playful side to her.
* Yuka - she pretty much drives the story with her immature wishes, providing fun and energy to the plot. I really wish her romance plotline was followed up on, though, since it was the only other thing to her.
* Rin - too passive. She's constantly getting dragged along by Yuka, and only seems to be along for the ride. She doesn't contribute to the plot except for ending the eternal summer and big rock miracles in the very last episode.
* Natsumi - considering her name and focus in the OP, I think she was supposed to be the actual main character. But she really could have done a bit more. All I can tell is that she's a tsundere and plays tennis and really doesn't want Saki to leave, but other than that, she's a bit too bland. She doesn't get her own plotline either.
* Pretty good OP and ED.
* The overall plot was a bit... lame. Most of it was just Yuka messing around. (Come on, Rin and Natsumi need more contribution!) It's a slice of life show more than anything else, and in the end the girls did not accomplish anything big. They did grow up though (after doing everything they could think of), accepting Saki's departure and leaving the miracles behind.
* Some of the episodes ended too quickly, before exploring the full potential of that episode's premise. Heck, Episode 2 was literally just running around town (most of which isn't seen again anyway).
* This show is notable for having the worst art/animation of the season that I've watched in Episode 8. Wow. I'm sure I'll see more horrors next season in Dog Days', but Sunrise is supposed to have higher standards than Seven Arcs.

8/10. A bit too low-key. It could have been slightly more ambitious, and all the episodes, even the finale, seemed to stop just short of greatness. And yet, it's still one of my favorites this season.

I totally agree with your assessment. Saki and Yukka seems more the predominant driving force of the show. Natsumi tends to be more reactionary to each of the situation, thus wasn't able to show much characterization and background to be the center of the show. Rin is as she wanted to be, just playing second fiddle to Yukka.

Overall the show is entertaining and fun, but the story indeed lacks focus and the premise for each episode tends to be too elementary. Character wise is rather narrow fielded, being only too focused on the 4 characters that it fails to recognize the world that they're in. There are loads of secondary characters in the show, if given proper prominence to the story would naturally strengthen the personalities of the 4 protagonist many times over.

With all the possibilities the show can do and all the personalities they can explore deeper, it sure end up as a big miss-opportunity from being a great show that it can be.

Regardless of it's faults. I still enjoyed as it is, and I'm sure to watch it again with fondness.

Last edited by inisipis; 2012-08-15 at 17:48.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 17:50   Link #519
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

It was a decent ending to a decent show overall.

If anything, the show keeps hammering in my mind in a way that makes me wish I had a nice group of close friends like this. lulz

And Rin's mom seems to know what's up. Maybe she "wished" on the big rock in her childhood? I wished that there was some more screen time for the parents.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 02:12   Link #520
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Who would or I could find a nice gif of that scene? Or someone could not do it for me?

Spoiler for Natsumi and idol:

Tags
seinen, slice of life, supernatural