AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-30, 21:30   Link #6841
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
It doesn't need to alter the way Kira and Athrun use it, and I don't see how that can't be done. Especially if they decide to change the designer like WZ to WZC. And considering those two designs are from like almost 10 years ago, a change that doesn't alter the concept is not impossible. They will find a way to push out new models.
Kira and Athrun to change slightly tactically, it isn't like 00, Wing, where it just gets more guns and blades. As for WZ, it strategy always based on it buster rifle. Take away the buster rifle, it loses it biggest fang. The same thing applies here. The reason for SF and IJ becomes even more specialized. That depends if they due variants on the seed destiny through books like seed destiny the edge remastered. That will give a actual reason to sell a models of IJ and SF beside the remastering models. They could just that Bandai has to find the right venue to sell it to the fans.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 21:32   Link #6842
Kirayuki

I never tried to imply or mentioned about removing their main armaments specifically (well if they does, I wouldn't be surprised), they can still be there. Re-arranging them can work in this case and it's still literally a new model. Of course the general concept of the suit itself still need to be the same.

Point is regardless the logic and details, as long as it not the exact same suit in outer appearance things can work and pass as a new model.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 23:56   Link #6843
monster

An upgrade/new model could simply be on the internals. The Strike Rouge is an upgrade to the Strike and it's a different model, but you wouldn't know it just by looking if it didn't have a different color (well, that and the fact that it can maintain atmospheric altitude).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 00:15   Link #6844
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
An upgrade/new model could simply be on the internals. The Strike Rouge is an upgrade to the Strike and it's a different model, but you wouldn't know it just by looking if it didn't have a different color (well, that and the fact that it can maintain atmospheric altitude).
The entire problem it requires the striker system, whether its the E, rouge, Noir. They are dependent on having Skygraspers and 105 daggers as support units. They are still strike units that have packs dictate their tactics.

IJ and SF already have a system set up. Freedom provide fire-support for Justice, while Justice compensate to get rid of any annoying stragglers on the battlefield. Also, if it does happen internally. The only thing that can be done is to mainly improve the verniers. VL is still consums way too much energy as it is unless is in small amounts or is treated more like the meteor units using light-wave thrusters.

Last edited by Cherudim Arche; 2013-05-01 at 00:35.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 00:35   Link #6845
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherudim Arche View Post
The entire problem with that is the striker system, whether its the E, rouge, Noir. They are dependent on having Skygraspers and 105 daggers as support units.

IJ and SF already have a system set up. Freedom provide fire-support for Justice, while Justice compensate to get rid of any annoying stragglers on the battlefield.
I don't see what that has to do with anything that I said.
Quote:
Also, if it does happen internally. The only thing that can be done is to mainly improve the verniers. VL is still consums way too much energy as it is unless is in small amounts or is treated more like the meteor units using light-wave thrusters.
I don't know if that's the only thing that can be done, but even that much is fine. They're already great as they are currently.
Old 2013-05-01, 02:06   Link #6846
Aquaman OS

I think the point was SF and IJ aren't just "upgrades" to the original units. They're totally different machines only vaguely based on the originals. They have totally different frames, wing set ups, weaponry. SF is notably streamlined and slimmer compared to the original if you compare them.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 02:12   Link #6847
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I think the point was SF and IJ aren't just "upgrades" to the original units. They're totally different machines only vaguely based on the originals. They have totally different frames, wing set ups, weaponry. SF is notably streamlined and slimmer compared to the original if you compare them.
Cherudim Arche was talking about their roles in battle, not their constructions, so I don't think that's the point at all.

Beside, an upgrade doesn't have to keep the same frames and such.
Old 2013-05-01, 03:54   Link #6848
Gundamx

Just show SF with wing of light and I will be happy...
some might even think of it as upgrade sine they never show SF with it in the anime...
(Why equip something you never plan to show or used?)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 04:09   Link #6849
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

How about maintaining the original Freedom Frame, while having the same abilities of the Strike Freedom?

I mean you could trade that Calidus cannon for a pair of new balaenas. Then have the original number of wings that the Freedom has, only that they're Dragoons too. (Heck you could call them Fin Dragoons with the sleeker shape)
Old 2013-05-01, 12:07   Link #6850
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Just show SF with wing of light and I will be happy...
some might even think of it as upgrade sine they never show SF with it in the anime...
(Why equip something you never plan to show or used?)
They show SF with wings of light plenty of times. But, it's only when the DRAGOON's are deployed.

SF's VL engines are blocked by the DRAGOON's when they are docked.

From episode 39 alone....

quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 12:34   Link #6851
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

From what I understand, this was caused by the TV airing--the Strike Freedom did not initially show the use of wings of light when it first appeared, but did so later in the series. The movies and the DVD releases all corrected this.
Old 2013-05-01, 12:54   Link #6852
Washu-Chan