AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 67 60.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 22.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-04, 20:13   Link #201
bloodyknight

But then again, Ryuuji might be too dumb to realize it...

Let's hope I have underestimated him, shall we?
Old 2008-12-04, 21:06   Link #202
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
If Ami was as smart as you make her out to be, she would find a way to make sure Ryuuji takes her advances seriously.
Ami is a smart cookie, but it seems she is blur between actual action she should take and the action is is doing. Overall, she is scheming against Taiga, using Ryuuji as her battleground. In my opinion, its backfire on her.
Old 2008-12-04, 23:02   Link #203
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

I don't think so. I believe she seeks a certain level of intimacy between certain characters and her, and simply doesn't like Taiga, she isn't using Ryuuji as her 'battleground'.
Old 2008-12-05, 00:47   Link #204
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
At first she is, but on the way she realises the good personality in Ryuji and begins to like him as a person too.
Old 2008-12-05, 22:34   Link #205
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode :

Poor ami she can't make her feelings true with takusu cause of her personality !
Taiga realize that she is better with takusu instead of kimawatarumi (...) !
So Kushieda needs to see a ghost before she get a boyfriend ?
Old 2008-12-05, 23:13   Link #206
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Just watch this episode :

Poor ami she can't make her feelings true with takusu cause of her personality !
Taiga realize that she is better with takusu instead of kimawatarumi (...) !
So Kushieda needs to see a ghost before she get a boyfriend ?
The ghosts can be thought of as metaphors for "people you like" or "feelings about people" depending on the context. Ryuuji and Minorin weren't really talking about ghosts at all but love and romance using "ghosts" as a metaphor.
Old 2008-12-06, 14:31   Link #207
ThoHell

I really don't like Ryuuji, not because he's the lead and has all the girls around him, I just don't like him...he's so blahhhhhh. Taiga is smarter about relationship stuff than Ryuuji and look up how much of a mess she is.

Poor Ami, I've grown to like her and she makes things more interesting. For being smart and in tune with other people, Ryuuji just can seem to misunderstanding Ami. She's really going for him now, but he take her serious or has this HUGE misunderstanding image of her. Yeah I know she did cause some of it, but it's clear and obvious when she's serious and not. Ryuuji has potential to fall for her and they go well together, but it seems like this is going to be another typical ending....RyuujiXTaiga.
Old 2008-12-06, 19:21   Link #208
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Silly question: how is that a "typical ending"? I can think of so many trainwrecks and non-endings that to have them actually end up as a publicly affirmed couple would be pretty unusual in the vast array of anime "romance".

I can think of a few REC, Lamune .... Love*Com and Itzura na Kiss (both unusual in that we see life after confession).
Old 2008-12-06, 20:28   Link #209
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It's typical because Taiga's character type is extremely overused and still very present in people's memories.
Old 2008-12-06, 20:32   Link #210
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Kaisos Erranon, all of character types are extremely overused...They happen all the time,,, perfect heroine, promised girl and so on... You are just noticing Taiga because you do not like such type of character (I think), but the truth is that the majority of characters (or at least the types they are based on) are extremely overused already.
Old 2008-12-06, 20:40   Link #211
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It wouldn't be nearly as bad, or noticeable, if she wasn't voiced by Rie Kugimiya. AGAIN.

And no, I do not like that character type. I feel that the only people who can actually appreciate it are masochists.

Everyone says that Taiga is more original than, say, Shana or Anime-Louise, but I really don't see it. Yes, I am well aware that she does not really think of Ryuuji as her dog and slave, but it's just that she continues to say it and verbally abuse him in every other way that REALLY gets to me.

Please grow up, Taiga.
Old 2008-12-06, 20:59   Link #212
Darknemo2000

Kaisos Erranon, personally I like such type of characters (I hate anime-Louise though, too much is too much) and I do not count myself a masochist really... But I do not like Taiga that much... She is rather annoying the way she treats Ryuuji while other similar characters treat the male leads in a similar fashion, but because Ryyuji is actually such a nice guy, is what makes Taiga's acts much more annoying than if she would be treating not Ryuuji, but say Saito like this... He doesn't deserve to be treated like this yet still Taiga treats him very badly and it doesn't improve much...
Old 2008-12-06, 21:04   Link #213
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

And this is why I hate Taiga.

Still probably a better match for Ryuuji than Minori though.

And I'm pretty sure that Taiga will improve a bit as the story goes on...

She has to, really... otherwise we don't really have much of a story.
Old 2008-12-06, 22:25   Link #214
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And no, I do not like that character type. I feel that the only people who can actually appreciate it are masochists.
So should I take the masochist remark as an insult?

I happen to dislike the anime versions of the "shana/louise" characters and how they play out -- but I find the Taiga character development in her anime strikingly different from them.
Old 2008-12-06, 22:39   Link #215
Darknemo2000

Even if Taiga is different in development sector from anime Louise/Shana it doesnt change the fact that she mistreats Ryuuji and it continues for a long time. This is more visable due to the fact that Ryuuji is just such an incredibly nice guy.

You may have the deepest reasons and have great personal conflicts, but if you punch someone into the face it is still a punch.

My dis-likeness comes from novels where Taiga's verbal abuse hurts (I mean really hurts) him and yet Taiga keeps on rubbing that onto him not caring that he really can be on the verge of tears. Thats really disheartening way to treat someone. Even if you have different and deep reasons for that.
Old 2008-12-06, 22:44   Link #216
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So should I take the masochist remark as an insult?
I can't believe people actually took that seriously.

No, you should not be taking it personally...
Old 2008-12-06, 22:46   Link #217
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's no question that Taiga is severely broken (and we're due to get some insight as to why). Ryuuji is taking a very optimistic (Buddhist?) attitude that there is some good in anyone. There's something about Taiga that Ryuuji feels a strong compelling need to help her out of her pit. Maybe its just the challenge - like a teacher rescuing a kid whom all the other teachers have given up on.

@Kaisos - statements delivered flat in text can often be misunderstood; sometimes emoticons can be useful. Some of the recent activity in the threads here have made me a bit touchy
Old 2008-12-06, 23:01   Link #218
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Emoticons have the odd effect of making me feel like, four. Maybe it's just that I'm insecure.

And I certainly know how you feel.
Old 2008-12-07, 04:20   Link #219
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Ryuuji has potential to fall for her and they go well together, but it seems like this is going to be another typical ending....RyuujiXTaiga.
You know ... I absolutely dont mind TaigaxRyuuji ... I like Taiga more than the airhead type Minorin and fake personality girl Ami (though I find her more interesting than Minorin)

You have to admit that Taiga with hat and/or ponytail is love <33

Anyway what I would like is more Sumire =) And MORE Nanako. Who? The blue-haired girl in the class that is friends with Ami and that orange-haired girl.
Old 2008-12-07, 12:25   Link #220
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
You know ... I absolutely dont mind TaigaxRyuuji ... I like Taiga more than the airhead type Minorin and fake personality girl Ami (though I find her more interesting than Minorin)

You have to admit that Taiga with hat and/or ponytail is love <33

Anyway what I would like is more Sumire =) And MORE Nanako. Who? The blue-haired girl in the class that is friends with Ami and that orange-haired girl.
A ponytail fetish...
Closed Thread