AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-15, 08:29   Link #121
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Ah, you are correct. Logic. Let me give that a whirl:

Kishi has completely ignored most of the secondary characters throughout part II (particularly the Konoha rookies) and given them minimal screentime and pretty much zero development. This trend leads me to believe that the same thing will happen during the final arc.

But hey, I could be wrong.
People, could we please stop this stupid debate with Nobodyman9? I haven’t read all his rant, but based on this small sample I didn’t had to continue, he is trolling the forum. I think mods shouldn’t let this to continue, this guy has been doing the same type of post for weeks now, and Im someone that hasn’t been posting around here lately.
Old 2010-11-15, 14:03   Link #122
Fran~
floating away...

I think that all opinions are valid ones if they are made with the due respect... is up to us to feel the need to answer and to know to whom we are answering.

It's not like he's trolling, i'm not agree with him, but that's doesn't mean that i'm think he is trolling, i'm just done with this kind of "quote wars"... and i simply don't answer him.

Don't take this to a personal level.

This is a forum when we share our opinions, that's all, some opinions will like us and another not.

It's take two for tango, don't forget that.
Old 2010-11-15, 14:38   Link #123
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I think that all opinions are valid ones if they are made with the due respect... is up to us to feel the need to answer and to know to whom we are answering.

It's not like he's trolling, i'm not agree with him, but that's doesn't mean that i'm think he is trolling, i'm just done with this kind of "quote wars"... and i simply don't answer him.

Don't take this to a personal level.

This is a forum when we share our opinions, that's all, some opinions will like us and another not.

It's take two for tango, don't forget that.
One thing is an opinion, the other is having weeks maybe months trashing and bashin both Manga and Author in an forum full of fans of said Manga. Quite simply He say the Manga is shity yet he waste his time on reading it weakly and having post wars in a forum about the Manga that he don’t like.

Dont get me wrong, I agree with him that the Manga doesn’t have quite the feel lately, but, Having him bash the manga on every post he makes is tedious, because others reply to him, and all of the sudden 80% of the post in a thread is just people debating if this manga is shity or not.
Old 2010-11-15, 14:51   Link #124
Fran~
floating away...

Last time i post about this, for the same reason you wrote: debating about this is tedious!

I really like what is happening in the manga now, easily i would be reply him, but it's pointless because he wil not change his opinion. What i don't understand is why you are reading a manga that you don't like.

But i can't forget that this is a forum and you can't agree with everybody's opinion... so in the case that you got a never ending quote-war, it's the time to stop and catch a breath.
Old 2010-11-15, 20:59   Link #125
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Considering that you seem to highly value mangas like One Piece and Dragon Ball, it's not really a surprise to me that you dislike part 2.

God forbid a shonen writer trying to actually make his series a bit more serious in nature! We should have jokes in inappropriate times to relieve tension every few panels, and a cast who gets a 1 episode sob story that is utter shit to interrupt the flow of every arc.

Yes. Thank you kishimoto that you stopped wasting time on the useless rookies. Thank you that you made your manga more serious in nature. It's what has kept Naruto interesting to me even at this age.
I agree. I enjoyed part II more than part I, and I really liked the more serious tone set. I was so glad alot of the bullshit gimmicks and stupid gags ceased and we got down to business --even naruto himself actually became bearable as a character.

Besides the villains, the only "heroes" I like are Neji, and Kakashi really (shikamaru is cool). But whats really kept me coming back to read are this story's villains. If someone finds themselves constantly complaining about a manga every single week, about a part that has been going on for over 500 chapters... I think it might be time to consider moving on, and reading something else, its not hard.

I used to read Bleach, but decided to stop after the first arc; I tried out One Piece, I decided to stop after the first chapter. Vagabond now, thats what I call a manga. No bullshit, no gags, just business as usual, and grade-A artwork.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 06:41   Link #126
ronin myael
lost ronin

^
^
i agree! if you don't like the direction a certain manga is going then stop and move on to another. there is no perfect manga and these writers are also human too. it's hard to maintain a long-running series like naruto, bleach or one piece. at some point the writer will stumble, forget some of things he wrote and contradict himself or just run out of ideas. a shorter series would be much easier to maintain, the longer the series the more room for mistakes. i think it's time these writers start thinking about keeping their series short. none of those mangas that last a decade.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 07:21   Link #127
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

^epic avatar
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 08:13   Link #128
ronin myael
lost ronin

lol i just thought it looked funny. imagine if kakashi had teeth like that.
Old 2010-11-16, 10:35   Link #129
Fran~
floating away...

In that case nobody would object that he is covering most of his face
Old 2010-11-16, 11:59   Link #130
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
lol i just thought it looked funny. imagine if kakashi had teeth like that.
well its filler, so until it becomes cannon i refuse to accept kakashi's face being nothing less than on Edward Cullen epicness
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 12:56   Link #131
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
I agree. I enjoyed part II more than part I, and I really liked the more serious tone set. I was so glad alot of the bullshit gimmicks and stupid gags ceased and we got down to business --even naruto himself actually became bearable as a character.

Besides the villains, the only "heroes" I like are Neji, and Kakashi really (shikamaru is cool). But whats really kept me coming back to read are this story's villains. If someone finds themselves constantly complaining about a manga every single week, about a part that has been going on for over 500 chapters... I think it might be time to consider moving on, and reading something else, its not hard.

I used to read Bleach, but decided to stop after the first arc; I tried out One Piece, I decided to stop after the first chapter. Vagabond now, thats what I call a manga. No bullshit, no gags, just business as usual, and grade-A artwork.
Villlains are the heart and soul of this Manga, that the reason I always return here.

BTW, recemendation, Read the first 150 Chapters of OP, I bet you will not want to stop after that. I love Naruto, but you have to take your hat off for this Manga, It has become my favorite right now, try it, and you will not be let down.
Old 2010-11-16, 14:41   Link #132
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

No doubt, of the big three Naruto has been the most controversial. While pretty much everyone agrees Bleach currently just a shell of its former self and OP is consistently good, Naruto's quality is always hotly debated. Pt II is almost always unfavorably compared to Pt I but the opinions on that divided between "still pretty good" and "god awful". I usually find Naruto entertaining, though my opinions about it tend to vary week-to-week.

There's a lot arguments about the upcoming war arc, but based on what I've seen, the biggest divider right now (and not just on this forum) is Edo Tensei. A lot of people feel that it's just too powerful, since no real limits or weaknesses to its use have been explained (e.g. nobodyman's posts) and it's cheap fanservice, but others think that it's a seamless way of introducing powerful opponents for the good guys while getting more info on characters that haven't really been explored, like the jinchuuriki. I guess neither of those views is wrong. It's just different sides of the same coin like every opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
BTW, recemendation, Read the first 150 Chapters of OP, I bet you will not want to stop after that. I love Naruto, but you have to take your hat off for this Manga, It has become my favorite right now, try it, and you will not be let down.
...Just make sure you don't mind the frequent breaks the mangaka likes to take (though to be fair, they're nowhere near HXH hiatus).

But yeah, it is quite good lately.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 23:42   Link #133
iBeast

Is it too late for me to start watching One Piece?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 23:47   Link #134
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Is it too late for me to start watching One Piece?
No, I marathoned through 500 or so chapters in a week. Will take you a while though. I'm about half-way through the anime mostly because of a slower pace.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 06:35   Link #135
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
well its filler, so until it becomes cannon i refuse to accept kakashi's face being nothing less than on Edward Cullen epicness
lol edward cullen? i'd say he's hotter than that! i just hope that someday kishi would explain why kakashi covered half of his face.

One Piece never appealed to me, probably because it's about pirates and adventures. sue me but i kinda like the "hack and slash" type of story. i love the battles and the power struggles between inhumanly powerful characters. probably why i was drawn to series like bleach and naruto. i guess my main beef with these series is that they're too damn long! dragon ball dragging on for decades is horrible enough. i hope naruto doesn't become another dragon ball, god forbid!
Old 2010-11-17, 08:17   Link #136
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
One Piece never appealed to me, probably because it's about pirates and adventures. sue me but i kinda like the "hack and slash" type of story. i love the battles and the power struggles between inhumanly powerful characters. probably why i was drawn to series like bleach and naruto. i guess my main beef with these series is that they're too damn long! dragon ball dragging on for decades is horrible enough. i hope naruto doesn't become another dragon ball, god forbid!

One Piece is much about Pirates as Naruto is about Ninjas. and Yeah, OP keeps the Shonen spirit about presenting inumanly powerful characters and awesome abilities, but, most people drop it because the Manga start slow.
Old 2010-11-17, 08:25   Link #137
ronin myael
lost ronin

yeah it does. i thought one piece was boring so i quit. oh well, at least i tried but i guess it's not for me.
Old 2010-11-17, 08:54   Link #138
herculan

I find OP having very bad fights, to much humour and not enough seriousness, no nothing I like in mangas.. the only thing it has done right is part of the story.. but in this specific case it simply wasn't enough for me to keep interest.. I quit reading OP aswell..
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 09:39   Link #139
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculan View Post
I find OP having very bad fights, to much humour and not enough seriousness, no nothing I like in mangas.. the only thing it has done right is part of the story.. but in this specific case it simply wasn't enough for me to keep interest.. I quit reading OP aswell..
Im not sure up to what point you read the Manga, but in term of fights OP fights are very nicely done, and regarding having seriousness and creating a dramatic enviorment, One Piece wins over Naruto and Bleach.

I think we should stop the conversation now, I don't think mods are going to let me get away with this covnersation here...

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion