AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-15, 06:54   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

[Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Ep. 7 Requiem of the golden witch

Release date: 14th August 2010 (Comiket 78)

Thread Guidelines:

Considering the rapid change of discussion in Episode 4 and 5 thread, the guidelines will change accordingly.
All Episode Threads serve only as a place to leave reviews, opinions, comments regarding the episode in order to leave everything solely centred on how the game is (sub-discussion like summaries etc are fine as well).

If any of you would like to weave theories and the like, please post in the [Game] Umineko - Spoilers and speculations thread instead.

Consequently, please do not start jumping on a single detail and already make a theory if you didn't read Episode 7 yet: rather use the aforementioned thread if it is really needed.

Characters on the portrait:
-Ushiromiya Lion
-Willard H. Wright

Other new characters:
-Clair Vaux Bernardus
-Beatrice Castiglioni
-Fukuin servants (1980-1984)

Number of new tracks: 23

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-09-04 at 05:02.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:04   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Financial constraints be damned. Looks like I'll have to borrow it from a friend.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:06   Link #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Number of new tracks: 23
This pleases me. Looking forward to hearing them.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:23   Link #4
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
So to tl;dr this whole game; its all just Burn's impression and nothing is confirmed due to serious lack of red text?
Old 2010-08-15, 07:31   Link #5
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, it is exactly because of the lack of blue and red that this Episode may be the most critical in clues, a bit like Episode 1.
And that truth is perhaps the one that makes sense "the most" in contrast with Episode 5 and 6's.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:41   Link #6
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I agree with that because we've more or less become dependent on blue or red to confirm and argue things beyond a shadow of a doubt. By relying less on on the colored text, we need to be more attentive to things that aren't stated outright.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:45   Link #7
Used Can

Would you guys expect an ending like the one in "The Burning Court"?
Personally, I think that'd be amazing.
Old 2010-08-15, 08:21   Link #8
sailorsean

Well, I received my copy of Ep.7 today and since I don't know a lick of Japanese I basically just fast-forwarded the whole story and watched that.
And for some reason, for me this episode felt extremely short, I was able to get thorough the entire scenario within 20-25 minutes.
In other episodes just fast-forwarding took me a good 45-50 minutes to get through them. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels like this...?
However, the Tea Party was definitely the longest Tea Party in all the episodes.

Last edited by sailorsean; 2010-08-15 at 08:51.
Old 2010-08-15, 08:51   Link #9
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I wouldn't say 20-25 minutes, but yes the first part is noticeably shorter than usual. Granted, the fact there are far less meta world effects / transitions definitely explains why you can fast forward that quickly.

Episode 7 certainly looks shorter than 4-5-6, but I wouldn't put it shorter than 3 though.
Old 2010-08-15, 09:16   Link #10
Sir Andy Richter
Wuh?

Why would Ryukishi lie at this stage of the game?

I have no choice but to accept everything in EP7.
Old 2010-08-15, 09:26   Link #11
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

4chan doesn't seem to be conscious of it at all, but what happens in the Tea Party is what Bern considers to be "the truth" of what happened on Rokkenjima, correct?
Old 2010-08-15, 09:34   Link #12
Used Can

I just couldn't take a smile out of my face when the other servants where basically the ass-neechans.
Old 2010-08-15, 10:32   Link #13
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

I couldn't stop laughing once I seen the actual seven SERVANTS.
Old 2010-08-15, 11:00   Link #14
ArcticHelm

Only sprite that really creeps me out is the young kinzo one. :| Burn with fire!
Old 2010-08-15, 11:13   Link #15
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Ha ha! Watch what you say because there are some that he looks sexy and they might burn you with fire. But you know Kinzo is always burned with fire so... yeah... :/
As for the Ass nee-chans.... Still doable, (especially Belph). :3
Old 2010-08-15, 11:26   Link #16
immblueversion

So, what are the names of all the Maids of Purgatory?

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2010-08-15, 11:36   Link #17
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay God and schedule willing I'll probably be posting summaries again for this episode like I did for the entirety of episode 5 and halfway through episode 6 (Ep6 got so complicated that I simply couldn't muster the brain power to finish it). As I said before this is equal parts every bit of Japanese I learned in college, a pair of dictionaries and a machine translator.

Again these will only be summaries of the text and not the actual text and dialogue itself, and do not expect them to be completely accurate. They are not intended to be substitutes for a well-oiled translation team ala Witchunt, they are only meant to be... supplementary at best. Like before, feel free to correct me when I fuck up along the way (which is to say a good amount of the time ).

My friend's copy arrives tomorrow and I'll end up borrowing it as I'm too poor for my own copy right now. I'll start probably Tuesday. Here's to hoping it's not as complex and technical as Ep6 was, damn that was a headache.
Old 2010-08-15, 11:39   Link #18
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

It's not, with some exceptions. I think you'll have a lot less trouble with it than ep6 especially.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2010-08-15, 11:45   Link #19
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It's not, with some exceptions. I think you'll have a lot less trouble with it than ep6 especially.
I hope so. When I got to the parts beyond the logic error's introduction I found myself second guessing everything I read due to the complexities of the debates and especially the length of the reds and blues. Especially the reds and blues, because some of them came in ENTIRE paragraphs. I may even have seen kanji I couldn't even find in the dictionary. Even in English a lot of them was still somewhat difficult.

Edit - I was actually never trained to read any kanji characters. The classes I took all went through some katakana and all the hiragana.
Old 2010-08-15, 11:46   Link #20
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Well in advance MeoTwister5, I will thank you as I have now knowledge of the japanese language. I don't know if I ever thanked you for the other times you gave the other summaries so thank you for them as well.
Closed Thread