Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-01, 20:00   Link #41
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
Does the trueno86 engine really exist in real life?
First of all, i really hate this forum and find it to be filled with morons and i didn't want a account but i registered just to post this post.

Initial D is a very very good anime, one of my top 3. Very good soundtrack, very exciting. As a roadracer it filles my blood with gasoline and makes me want to go out and race right away ^_^

Toyota Trueno GT(AE86) is a very real car, it is often called outside asia as Toyota Corolla GT(Trueno, Levin, Sprinter). It isn't in production anymore, it stoped along time ago.

The R1 engine is also real, though it doesn't have a name because it isn't supposed to have one in the series.

P.S. Excuse me for poor english ^_^.
Old 2004-02-01, 21:06   Link #42
Zor

I like the CG cars

Initial D Stage Four cars will look like the planes drawn in Last Exile. Probably better. OOOOoooohhh can't wait

Where do u all think the series will begin its story from? will it be a continuation from stage 3? or entirely new story
Old 2004-02-01, 23:52   Link #43
CowPower

Send a message via ICQ to CowPower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
First of all, i really hate this forum and find it to be filled with morons and i didn't want a account but i registered just to post this post.

Initial D is a very very good anime, one of my top 3. Very good soundtrack, very exciting. As a roadracer it filles my blood with gasoline and makes me want to go out and race right away ^_^

Toyota Trueno GT(AE86) is a very real car, it is often called outside asia as Toyota Corolla GT(Trueno, Levin, Sprinter). It isn't in production anymore, it stoped along time ago.

The R1 engine is also real, though it doesn't have a name because it isn't supposed to have one in the series.

P.S. Excuse me for poor english ^_^.
The R1 Engines does exiest in real life. It was use and developed exclusively for use in the Atlantic Formula Group 1 series. The engine itself is pretty much a highly modified Toyota 4AGE seen in many versions of the Corolla, although in the Atlantinc Formula version hardly anything from the original is still there. The engine has seen action from everything from AW111 MR2 (pre-SW20) to AE92 Corolla and even beyond.

And I love Initial D...... I'm not an Initial D Fanboy
Old 2004-02-02, 00:05   Link #44
Thelastguardian

Who have the gut to drive 140km/h down a two lane wide mountain [bold]cliff[/bold] road with a 12 years old car (admit it) :| .

To drive/drift that fast on an anti-racing road condition (meaning very rough + fill with rocks/dusts etc) with normal car is madness. At the very least is to tune your suspension so that your car won't 'float' away (not a present feeling, feels like you are weightless). But even then tuning your suspension is like dumping a bucket of water into a forest fire. You need to

1. strengthen car frame with ultra-strong material such as carbon fiber (really really serious)
2. make the car heavier
3. etc etc etc

A normal everyday car CAN NOT do those kind of drift, no matter what you say :| .

PS. All the courses in IT exists in Japan, just with different town name. Even the gutter in Akina exists
Old 2004-02-02, 00:08   Link #45
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor
I like the CG cars

Initial D Stage Four cars will look like the planes drawn in Last Exile. Probably better. OOOOoooohhh can't wait

Where do u all think the series will begin its story from? will it be a continuation from stage 3? or entirely new story
My guess is it will keep on going from where the 3rd stage endid cus it will just be following the rest of the manga.
Old 2004-02-02, 21:47   Link #46
Poueblo

sorry to be just as vague as everyone else, but its gonna be aired in april. No subbers have announced hey will sub it. There will be a viewing of the first show at a theatre

yay, i found the source:

" The official site OB Plannning has announced that Initial D Fourth Stage will be aired in April 2004, on Sky PerfectTV's ANIMAX. For more information go here - LINK "

and site is: http://www.active-x.net/~initialdx/index2.php , a reputable information source, and the link to the new stage is here: http://www.obkikaku.com/news01.html ive also seen some pics of the cars they used to get the sound effects for stage 4. so yes, its in the making.
Old 2004-02-03, 00:52   Link #47
Kero Gunsou
ロリが大好きな男

Quote:
The R1 Engines does exiest in real life. It was use and developed exclusively for use in the Atlantic Formula Group 1 series. The engine itself is pretty much a highly modified Toyota 4AGE seen in many versions of the Corolla, although in the Atlantinc Formula version hardly anything from the original is still there. The engine has seen action from everything from AW111 MR2 (pre-SW20) to AE92 Corolla and even beyond.
Er....actually that engine in Takumi's AE86 is more closely related to AE101/110 20V 4AG or maybe even Toyota TRD Group A spec 4AG(never confirmed in the manga). The only difference is it got all the modified parts and tune-up that allow it to rev up to 11,000 rpm(redline) with a peak hp of 200~240(again speculation). Even Takahashi Ryosuke said it in the manga that it's an engine that you can't easily obtain even if you have the money. But I guess you can say the same about that Atlantic Formula engine.
Old 2004-02-05, 23:16   Link #48
SigmaProjects

Send a message via AIM to SigmaProjects
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Who have the gut to drive 140km/h down a two lane wide mountain [bold]cliff[/bold] road with a 12 years old car (admit it) :| .

To drive/drift that fast on an anti-racing road condition (meaning very rough + fill with rocks/dusts etc) with normal car is madness. At the very least is to tune your suspension so that your car won't 'float' away (not a present feeling, feels like you are weightless). But even then tuning your suspension is like dumping a bucket of water into a forest fire. You need to

1. strengthen car frame with ultra-strong material such as carbon fiber (really really serious)
2. make the car heavier
3. etc etc etc

A normal everyday car CAN NOT do those kind of drift, no matter what you say :| .

PS. All the courses in IT exists in Japan, just with different town name. Even the gutter in Akina exists
Well since I've gotten more sence into myself I'm glad I haven't had the chance to do drifts on a tight mountain road. But before when I was stupid I did drifts on the streets, even in broad day light with moderate traffic. But I do know some people who do drifts on mountain roads and it's not about how much guts they have it's how little brains they have :P
Old 2004-02-08, 20:40   Link #49
Dikarika

Drifting isn't insane...

In my youth (i don't have a proper car to do it except on dirt roads now...), I used to drift the heck out of any road i could... Snow, rain, dry, dirt, stone, you name it...

The magical drifting car used?:

A 1979 ford Fairmount...

its a crappy little 4-banger american car with a ton of weight.

Get that load shift going, and keep the revs up, and you could hella-drift it.

I wish i hadn't killed it (busted radiator and more due to "stone damage" from my dirt track rallies late at night...), because now i see just jow far along i was thanks to the drift bible i've seen recently.

I never did side (handbrake) drift, but i've done braking, power over, shift lock and feint drifts...

I thought i was just some nut in south Pennsylvania, here i was learning drift to the extreme...

unforunately the Chevy Metro i replaced it with is such a drift dud...

not impossible, just a dud

oh, BTW: I'm not saying i was initial D level, but still a drift kid...
Old 2004-02-12, 17:13   Link #50
Hellraiser

initial d stage 4

does anyone know when initial d stage 4 is gonna start?
Old 2004-02-12, 17:20   Link #51
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Initial D Fourth Stage is scheduled to start airing in April.

Note: merged with the existing Initial D Fourth Stage thread.
Old 2004-02-17, 22:42   Link #52
DarkPaladin56
Wandering Typesetter

Exclamation Initial D Fourth Stage???

I heard rumors that it should be our in February O.o
Can neone shine some light on this please? O_O
Old 2004-02-18, 00:53   Link #53
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Well I heard it will air in Japan next April 04

"The premiere will be on Sky Perfect TV Animax pay-per-view in April. A special 85-minute recap episode will be aired as well.

As for the previous seasons, the fourth stage will feature racing scenes made entirely with computer graphics, but more advanced cell-shading!! The CG will be more spectacular than the traditional animation." - from Anything-Asian Network
Old 2004-02-20, 02:03   Link #54
Simon_lee
Sakuragi Hanamichi

Is initial d 4th stage realli comin out???

also is it goin to be on animesuki?
Old 2004-02-20, 07:08   Link #55
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

You'll find your answer in this thread.

Thread closed
Old 2004-03-03, 14:23   Link #56
noibauten
L'étalon de Laval

Send a message via MSN to noibauten
Question Initial D - 4th Stage ?

Is there gonna be a 4th stage for Initial D ? Anyone heard news about it ?

Old 2004-03-03, 14:27   Link #57
ZeroKun

you bet your ass its coming out. I dont know the details but i think its set for this year and 13 eps.
Old 2004-03-03, 14:38   Link #58
noibauten
L'étalon de Laval

Send a message via MSN to noibauten
Excellent , you made my day

Does someone knows more details about it ?
Old 2004-03-03, 14:44   Link #59
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
My guess is it will pick up right after 3rd Stage, so it'll begin with Project-D right away (middle of Vol. 17). With 13 eps, I hope it'll cover up to (middle of) Vol. 25.
Old 2004-03-03, 16:35   Link #60
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

• You would have found your answer in this thread.
  • Please use the search function next time before asking a question

Thread closed