AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-05, 07:23   Link #2501
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
We can't conclusively know at this time exactly by what measure Miria got her promotion, but as she demonstrates her effectiveness her leadership would not go unnoticed and unrewarded.

I can't see that Miria herself simply becomes as powerful as Alicia just because she's got some company making her feel better. The assessment must be looking at the kill potential and success rate of a group that is led by Miria, which are as good if not better than either 1) Alicia only, if a specific number 1 was being referred to who was active during Miria's time, or 2) any number 1 in general.
Perhaps the manga was implying that Alicia nor Beth can't think for themselves so they'd be easily outsmarted by someone like Miria.
Old 2008-05-05, 07:32   Link #2502
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I like your theory.

Miria has devotion aura +5 armor, endurance aura +20% attack speed, command aura +30% damage and unholy aura +25% regeneration. That's why she's the best in group.
Too much DOTA, heh. But yeah, it makes sense. Miria is a paladin who will keep her DPS team mates kicking ass for as long as possible. With miria around, no one dies today.
Old 2008-05-05, 07:36   Link #2503
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Miria smelled the Teresa on her . khryoleoz I agree though, I think Miria recognized strength in Clare a long time ago, but as for their training we have no idea if it involved a sweaty Miria in short shorts and a tank top with a whistle counting off the ghosts jumping jacks (oh please oh please) or if they were all doing their own thing. I imagine Clare actually did the most instruction because by her youki reading she would know the most about the techniques, especially for Helen. But again pure speculation. I am imagining Helen leading a yoga class, deneve teaching kick boxing, Miria leading aerobics, Clare crying because she can't use her arm, and Yuma baking cakes. I am imagining the training to done to the song Eric Prydz - Call on Me.

Clare and Miria have always been more potent than the other partially awakened Claymores and when she said Clare would not be bested by even the top few it seemed that was pretty much were Clare was before because she could hang neck and neck with Galatea for battle power. As she cannot use her old limit breaker technique then she really must change her fighting style to a more technical and probably physically weaker mode hoping the cloak gives her a surprise advantage.
Clare had probably been very strong after having Teresa in her, but I thought that even though she had all that power in her, her Hand-Eye coordination skills was not up to par with her Teresa Genes. In a way, Miria was right after all.
Old 2008-05-05, 07:44   Link #2504
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer13 View Post
I think Flora was prettier then Galatea. Just my opinion.
Teresa is Glorious.
Galatea is Gorgeous.
But Flora is still very pretty.

anyhow, just my personal top 3
Old 2008-05-05, 07:46   Link #2505
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Tempest35: Miria and Clare are a good combination. Strangely enough though, most anyone with Clare is a good combination. Galatea worked well with her, Jean worked well with her. Clare is the trump card that goes nuts and keeps people alive when everything else fails. I think Miria still has trouble understanding Clare, as seen with Clare suddenly informing everyone that she was headed south. Miria was not very happy with this information but she did decide to leave the ghosts with Clare and go get revenge.

stringer13: I think Clare absolutely talked to Riful for personal reasons. Those personal reasons might help the ghosts quest for revenge, but I do not think she was asking with the ghosts in mind. Clare has not told the other ghosts about Priscilla as we see from their conversation in the north. When Miria asked if Clare had other reasons she said that she did but had no intention of naming them. Clare was asking Riful about Priscilla with her question of the balance of power. While the other information was nice to know for the other Claymores it was Clare's personal agenda that she was asking about and Riful knows about Clare's quest for revenge which she even comments on by saying joining her is the fastest way to get it.

The information Miria wanted was what she got from Audrey when she asked to find out about Alicia's completion. Clare also asked about Galatea at that point. But knowing about Alicia's completion is what the ghosts needed to know. The Ghosts have no intent at the moment of going out against Isley or Riful at the moment but the organization. Finding out that Isley is with something as powerful as Priscilla is another reason for them not to deal with them. The ghosts do not even know what Clare's plan beyond finding Raki.

I think it is not so much that I underestimate the bond between the ghosts but that I see a different type of bond than many post about (although I do like the image of them jumping in some hot springs after a long day of training). I think the bond they really have is the burden of surviving at the cost of their comrades and honoring their memories. Part of the promise they made was that they would survive and not feel grudges about it. Just being with someone for a long time does not make a relationship strong nor motives simmilar. Clare's short time with Teresa had such a profound impact on her life that the rest of Clare's existence revolves around it. The ghosts have a bond, but Clare has more important things than the groups goal.

Clare had not confided in the ghosts about her past as they do not know about Priscilla. Miria had not told them about Alicia and Beth although she obviously knows something. They are not together because they are great friends but because they are the ones who survived, friendship may or may not have come later. There certainly are some bonds that have developed; Tabitha sees Miria as her leader and will follow her anywhere. Clare often left to go searching the North for Raki and Deneve ordered yuma to go with her to keep an eye on her just in case (in case of what...?). Yuma is still tagging along thanking Clare for her very life while Clare insists that she did not ask her to come along.

Miria disbanded the ghosts to go with Clare. The obligation she felt that kept them together for 7 years with her as their leader was to ensure that they could survive not to train them to get revenge on the organization. I think they have been through a lot together but that is not the reason they chose to go. Each of them had their own reason; Clare is out for revenge against Priscilla and to find raki, Miria wants revenge for being sent to lead a suicide mission, Helen feels like Miria does and is bored by doing nothing in the north, Deneve feels that training so hard and then doing nothing would be a waste, Cynthia wants revenge for Veronica, Tabitha will follow Miria anywhere and Yuma wants to do something even though she knows she will not be much help. Yes I think they have bonds, but I also think Clare will leave whenever she wants.

As for hottest claymore I have to think of their personalities in the equation so I say Teresa, Irene and Galatea. I'd adopt Clare and live happily ever after somewhere with Teresa. We could go to her school activities and take her out for ice cream after soccer games. Irene is smart and we could stay up all night talking about books and current events or playing scrabble. Galatea and I could adopt dozens of children. Ophelia is insane, so no go even if I do want to touch her ears. Clare goes nuts from time to time and has a death wish. A relationship with Flora would be a constant competition. Jean would make a great nanny. Helen would be a ton of fun to be with. I am not sure what Miria's real personality is like which makes me think she would be distant in a relationship although I would love to touch her hair.

Spending a year with someone already creates a strong bond of familiarity. But to spend 7 with 6 other people and see them everyday while you spend the days training, resting, eating, making fun of each other, and who knows what other things. That's gotta be one hell of a strong bond
Old 2008-05-05, 08:28   Link #2506
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

My classes in junior high and high school consisted of a very small group of people for 6 years. I knew each and every one of them a little bit and they knew a fair bit about me but we by no means all shared goals or confided in one another. Looking back it is almost strange how little I really knew about them. The ones I had the strongest bonds with were not necessarily the ones I even spent the most time with. I have also had a fair number of room mates and being with them for longer does not mean we necessarily got any closer even if our habits were familiar.

I think a level of familiarity is absolute for the ghosts time, but obviously they are keeping secrets (from the last chapter really really big ones) from one another. None of the ghosts understand Clare's reasoning for searching for Raki and Deneve even makes a point to tell her Raki is dead before Miria stops her. And that is the easiest thing Clare intends to do. Can you imagine their response if Clare told them her goal was to chase down Isley and kill his girlfriend?

On the other hand, with the newest revelation from Miria, the ghosts keeping secrets might be because they really do understand one another very well. Clare knows if she tells about her past or her goals the ghosts will try to stop her or even worse go with her and die. It is a fear Clare might have since it has happened before. Miria might have been keeping her secret so the ghosts could chose to live quiet lives trained to survive. If that is the case then maybe they are trying to protect one another. It could also explain Clare's eagerness to leave the ghosts.
Old 2008-05-05, 08:31   Link #2507
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftX View Post
Just because Clare entered the org young doesn't mean she graduates early. I don't think it's like high school where you do your 4 years and then set out into the world. Remember they took Alicia and Beth as babies. I think it's more like the foster care system where by a certain age they let you out.

I think Priscilla was actually younger than 16. Most females have reached their adult height by 16. If that were the case, then Priscilla is a really short claymore.

5'5" - Priscilla
5'7" - Clare, Elena
5'9" - Miria, Helen, Deneve, Ophelia, Noel, Sophia, Raphaela, Jean, Undine
5'11" - Teresa, Irene, Alicia, Beth, Flora
6'1" - Galatea

The average height of adult claymores is over 5'9". I would also argue that when we first met Elena and Clare in the series, she herself had not reached her final adult height either given how much we've witness how much room she had for development and after the 7 year skip, we see her toe-to-toe with Miria where they are the same height. I think in chapter 1, Clare is about 16. Priscilla when we saw her as a rookie, I would say is 14, maybe 15.
Right from the start, it seemed like most Claymores are of a model's height. Anyway, I was just speculating if maybe the "weapons research lab" island in the claymore verse was called 'Sweden' in our world
Old 2008-05-05, 08:35   Link #2508
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
LOL.

I don't know about you, but not many Asian girls are really large breasted at age of 16.

Well, I dunno, I guess Claymores are supposed to be Caucasian girls.

I guess it depends.
To Japanese people, all anime characters are Japanese. But by just looking at it, they were certainly drawn after how caucasians look.
Old 2008-05-05, 08:38   Link #2509
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
You could be right. No way to be sure right now.

The 7 year time skip also makes Raki now the perfect age to start a romantic relationship with Clare.

How convenient.
Plus, it makes it possible for them to have a relationship without being shotacon-ish in nature. I just hope they don't really start one.
Old 2008-05-05, 09:03   Link #2510
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_vegeta View Post
This has been troubling me as well. Are the handlers actually demons themselves? They should be showing the signs of age by now, but none of them look the worse for wear. And how come they aren't occasionally killed when someone awakens?

And no, Pri is the top honcho right now. There isn't a single charcter in the manga that can take her out by his or her self right now. The mangaka has done a pretty good job of emphasizing that. She is twice as strong as Riful of the west, and none of them, save Alicia and beth would have stood a chance against her. I also don't think we should count an awakened Rafela. She hasn't shown any indication of heading in that way, so why bother to add her into the mix.

We can only hope for Claire to get a major power up for her eventual fight with her. And on a side note, I really hope Raki is a male claymore now. I wonder how powerful he could become with the flesh of Isley in his body (no pun intended for the yaoi girls). I figured he could probably grow to actually be useful.
It seemed to me that only the ORG has knowledge on how to perform the claymorization surgery. I kind of doubt that happening to Raki, although he will certainly have a sword the next time we see him.
Old 2008-05-05, 09:05   Link #2511
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Wow Droplet, you are really digging through this thread replying to stuff from weeks back. Best of luck! You are more than half way there!
Old 2008-05-05, 11:04   Link #2512
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Wow Droplet, you are really digging through this thread replying to stuff from weeks back. Best of luck! You are more than half way there!
Haha. Well, I am not too much of an active poster but I still had enjoyed replying a bit, even as late as it is to do so. Anyhow, thanks for noticing lol. Off to the 79th chapter discussion. ^^

Never realised that the claymore forums would be such an effective time killer. Well, perhaps I always knew that but tried to make an excuse for it in my head, hehe.
Old 2008-05-05, 12:40   Link #2513
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Is it me but shouldn't Clare's height be the same as Ilena's? I mean the uniform fit her exactly, it's one of the things Ilena checked before she gave her the arm...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2008-05-05, 21:27   Link #2514
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The truth is...... Clare's right arm (Irene's) is longer then her left!!!! (Irene misjudged the length because the left sleeve was torn)
Old 2008-05-06, 20:26   Link #2515
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hah! That's why Flora got cut in their little match! Those two hidden inches helped in the range advantage.
Old 2008-05-18, 09:57   Link #2516
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Anyone know when the next chapter is due to come out?
Old 2010-04-11, 12:12   Link #2517
kitten320

Wow... those 7 surely make one scary team right now...
Really hope that Galatea will stay with them.

Galatea needs to put herself together... though I guess that was expected after not fighting for so many years.

Atleast she still has her jokes^^