AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-24, 19:48   Link #221
Newhope

Rofl at SE if they think i'am going to buy a sub based MMO that puts limits on what and how I play, and no it's not "very mild inverted WoW rested system" after a couple of hours you get no XP what so ever and the penalties can last several days.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 22:24   Link #222
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
That isn't what I was told by someone who is participating in the beta right now. It isn't as severe as Sankaku is making it out to be, but they misquote and leave shit out to stir up a shitstorm, get a lot of pageviews and generate tons of ad revenue.

Sensationalism sells!
Old 2010-08-24, 22:31   Link #223
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

instead they should make the fagutie system involve death, like you got a certain amount of deaths before your fagutie bar gets to 0 and you have to wait or pay Ingame money to restore it.
Old 2010-08-25, 03:08   Link #224
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Even if it's not as severe, it's completely unnecessary. Well, this does it for me. First i was really hyped about the game, was saving up money for new computer and all ...

Then, I don't even get to the beta.. I'm not sure if I want to buy a game that I know nothing about .. did that with Aion and wasted my money.

And now this ... screw you SE, if you think this is the way you'll make the most money, then be it .. but it's not. And lol, they said that this will have the people playing on other characters too ... Did they already forgot that you need to pay monthly money for extra characters... not all can afford that, you know -_-

^To me it sounds like if SE develop that you could restore it with money, it would be REAL money ...
Old 2010-08-25, 06:39   Link #225
Newhope

At about the 3 hour mark you get no xp and crafting/gathering near enough auto fails.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 11:21   Link #226
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
That isn't what I was told by someone who is participating in the beta right now. It isn't as severe as Sankaku is making it out to be, but they misquote and leave shit out to stir up a shitstorm, get a lot of pageviews and generate tons of ad revenue.

Sensationalism sells!
They turned it into 8 hours a week apparently. If someone can provide a full TL of this manuscript it would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing : I am disputing the validity of this as the message seems to be clipped off at the bottom. Does anyone know which forum is this from?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 11:52   Link #227
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Well , this is like an anti-powerlevel stuff
you have no idea what length would go to make you snail your character for as long as they can so you can keep paying them. I still get the chill remembering those 6 hours wait in Juno just to get invite to a group or form a group to lvl in FFXI as a rdm....
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 11:58   Link #228
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ha! i knew it 8 hour sounds good, don't want people with no lifes getting to max level in 5days, this isnt WoW
Old 2010-08-25, 12:09   Link #229
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Tanaka Tires of "Fatigue" Rumors
Quote:
Surplus points, a new feature recently introduced into the Final Fantasy XIV beta, has had testers and fans on the outside quite confused. Most people consider it akin to "fatigue," where a character is beset with limitations after a certain amount of play. With no official announcement or explanation on how these points work, fan sites and forums have been struggling to figure them out -- often leading to some harsh criticism of the game. Now, Producer Hiromichi Tanaka seems to have built up some "fatigue" of his own, and lashed out at foreign sites on Twitter today, calling them full of rumors and fabrications.

"Foreign sites have lots of false rumors. They throw together words and fabricate remarks. Then Japanese sites take this and further [falsify it through] mistranslation. The fatigue point criticism has absolutely nothing to do with the actual [system] and is just full of wild ideas."

The source of Tanaka's dismay appears to stem from this interview with Famitsu from Gamescom. In it, the developers admit the existance of a fatigue system, claiming it was designed to benefit players with comparatively little time to enjoy the game. With the details left unclear, "fatigue" has become a source of speculation across the Internet and some articles have made shocking claims regarding its function in limiting player growth and freedom. The situation has reached a point where Tanaka believes that what people are criticizing is nothing like the system as it is in the actual game. Furthermore, the last line states that he believes too many people are just coming up with what they think fatigue might be and making the situation even worse.

Sure, wild speculation is not hard to find while wading through any popular forum, but the assertion that this is the fault of foreign sites is a little harsh. A quick glance at a thread on the JP Beta tester site dedicated to understanding this system reveals pages of baffled testers trying to figure out how exactly it functions. Several replies from Japanese fans also point to the lack of any official explanation as exacerbating, if not outright causing, the issue.

At least we know the producer of the game has been apprised of the issue. As mentioned many times, the entire testing process was based on building the game in accordance to player feedback. Will it be received and implemented into the design process, or continue to be dismissed as wild delusions? Hopefully, we will see a more measured response in the coming days.
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
..snip...
It's real.
http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/11964...komoto-speaks/
Quote:
Well it looks like Mr. Komoto escaped his shackles keeping him in Gamescom away from working on FFXIV, and he has an announcement to make to quiet all the rampant speculation going on. Taken from the JP Beta Test site and translated by me, your friendly neighborhood Savalithos.

We’d like to thank all the beta testers out there for their hard work and support! We’re applying all those ideas you’ve sent us to make for the best possible Open Beta test and official release.

Now we’d like to take a moment to answer the many questions we’ve received about character balance in the current B3 phase.

First off, the main concept behind FFXIV is allowing those players with little time on their hands to play effectively, and game balance is based off of that. Furthermore, it is being designed to not give those with more time on their hands to play an unfair advantage. Because of that, systems such as Guardian’s Favor (a bonus to Guildleves) have been implemented to make leveling in the short-term easier than leveling in the long-term.

To achieve this balance, the amount of possible skill/experience points earned after a certain period of time has a threshold. Think of it as real-life “fatigue” from working at improving your skills via battle *(aka. No one could train ad nauseam in the real world with no ill effects).

Within the first eight hours of play, you can earn 100% experience. The seven hour period following will see your possible experience gradually approach zero.

This system is on a weekly timer. After a week has passed since you began skilling that particular weapon, the timer will reset. It will start anew when you skill up again.

Any experience earned past that point is saved as “surplus.” There is surplus for each class, and if you begin to see it please consider playing another class and adjust accordingly.

However, experience points are not specific to any class and therefore the decrease in experience points is not affected by changing classes.

That’s how the system stands as of right now.

Also, this system wasn’t implemented just in B3 but was set in motion from the very start of beta. Despite this, we have received many opinions regarding it in B3. There are a few reasons why:

-B3 allowed for longer sessions in single sittings.
-In order to promote party play, skill/experience points earned were greatly increased.
-The skill/experience earned from weak enemies was lowered, but had failed to pop up on initial bug reports (and was later fixed via maintenance).

According to the last bug report skill/experience able to be earned was above what had been planned, therefore people hit the limit much more quickly than hoped for. That is the biggest cause. Yet another problem was that we were unable to adjust guildleve experience and the experience-earned limit at the same time.

Our lack of explanation regarding all of this was a mistake, and we heartily apologize.

This all is still currently under development, and we have plans to make the limit more palatable in answer to all the tester feedback we received concerning this. In particular we would like to address the speed with which experience begins to drop off and are already looking into it.
Also, since experience points fatigue carries over despite changing weapons, we plan to make it not so harsh.

At the very least, we promise to not have people hitting these limits in a short period of time, such as during the start of B3.

We would also like to make an announcement regarding something else.

The decrease in earnings when gathering is based on your actions taken with that class and is unrelated to the aforementioned limits. This is also currently under review and is planned for adjustment in accordance with many testers’ opinions.

Surplus experience is currently not being used. However, we have received many comments suggesting some sort of reward be put into effect regarding it, and we think that’s a pretty interesting idea. We don’t want to get ahead of ourselves, though, and we’re currently investigating the possibilities.

Open Beta will not just see changes to the issues stated above but will also see adjustments made to encourage party play even more (such as an increase to skill points), which the team is currently hard at work on adjusting. We hope you’ll all test it out when the time comes.

Finally, we would like to apologize for the lateness of any developer comments due to my attendance of Gamecom this past week. In my absence much fuss was raised over speculation, old information and some mistranslations on overseas fansites *(what?! /panic. Though I wonder what that’s in reference to in particular). I hope to avoid this from happening again by delivering developer comments as promptly as possible. Thank you all for your understanding.

And thanks in advance for your hard work to come in Open Beta!

Final Fantasy XIV director
Nobuaki Komoto

Last edited by Knight Hawk; 2010-08-25 at 12:43.
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 12:52   Link #230
colorles
kid

sorry to say havnt particuarly enjoy'd Final Fantasy after 10
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 15:01   Link #231
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ha! i knew it 8 hour sounds good, don't want people with no lifes getting to max level in 5days, this isnt WoW
it won't happen anyways, you will always be sitting out to wait for a partyfor 6 hours if FF has taught us anything :P

Also, it only takes a little over 15 hours to get from 1 to 80 if you have all the exp gear and follows my lvling guide :P
Old 2010-08-25, 17:58   Link #232
Xion Valkyrie

8 hours a week still comes down to a bit over an hour a day...
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 18:00   Link #233
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Rofl indeed . 8 hours a week . SE try to reduce hardcore gamers time to play or what ? Who bet that it won't last long ....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 20:49   Link #234
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Rofl indeed . 8 hours a week . SE try to reduce hardcore gamers time to play or what ? Who bet that it won't last long ....
if I don't get to play when I want to play, I play something else and forget about it. 8 hours play time a week is just retarded because that's how long it would take to get a fkin party going for 20 minutes before someone has to leave :P
Old 2010-08-26, 04:14   Link #235
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
if I don't get to play when I want to play, I play something else and forget about it. 8 hours play time a week is just retarded because that's how long it would take to get a fkin party going for 20 minutes before someone has to leave :P
Exactly. How retarded can it get? Won't it be easier if they just raise the max levels?

In multi-skilled MMOs like Runescape, you need to have a good gameplan and experience table per level. I used to play runescape and had over 700+ skill levels on all the non-member skills, and that required alot of time for bartering, trading for raw materials, turning them into equipment and items, then selling them.

Nonetheless, it is fun - my character doesn't get goddamn rich from buying and reselling coal - I turn them into steel bars for 100% profit and repeat the process (it used to be 100gc per coal and 50gc per iron, but thanks to inflation and that stock exchange, it became 150gc per coal and 100gc per iron. So the original cost of making a steel bar jumped from 250gc to 400gc).

MMOs are grindfests anyway no matter how much less you make it to be. But multiple skills made it much more fun - I played runescape for 2 entire years before hiatusing.

P.S I still have a Santa hat which costs 200k back when I bought it. Now it is over 200 million.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-26, 09:20   Link #236
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

they say that you no longer need a 6 people party to do anything like back in FFXI, but I doubt that they will allow you to solo since it's a FF game. At best, you just need a 3 people team; a tank, a healer or support, and a dps. The only difference is that you need less 2 dps and 1 chain support from FFXI. Sadly, they don't understand that finding DPS is easy and chain support is not hard either; finding a tank however is hard, specially one that can do the job. SO in a way, what they are doing is even making it worst, since more parties need to be form to lvl up, which makes more tanks and healers are needed to play. It's just simple demand and supply: if it takes 6+ hours to get a party going back then, then how can making the supply lower be easier to find a party in a 8 hour week constraint? Unless they made it in such a way that would force everyone to play either as tank or healer and very little dps.

Last edited by gummybear; 2010-08-26 at 09:42.
Old 2010-08-27, 13:37   Link #237
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

New trailer which will be broadcasted in TGS :

Well , as every cinematic trailer , nice one .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:44   Link #238
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
New trailer which will be broadcasted in TGS :

<snip>

Well , as every cinematic trailer , nice one .
Damn Mikotte! They are cute as catgirls!

Old 2010-08-27, 16:25   Link #239
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

:O WAS THAT A JUDGE AT THE END!? *nerdgasm*

I certainly hope our characters play a BIG Role in FFXIV, not secondary... I want my character to land the final blow ont he big boss some how.

the Cutscene i hope for are the little kids handing our character flowers. for my AMV with this song Watch Me Fly-Crush40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvl-8nCKI3A
Old 2010-08-27, 17:02   Link #240
Sassarai
Army of One

My benchmark score on low setting. incredible.

Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg