AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-08, 14:45   Link #41
Ushio the Omega

Well some plot points have been filled

In chapter 507 Kisame has a flashback of Yagura the yondaime mizukage/sanbi jinchuuriki being controlled by who we thought was Obito but is instead the real Madara.

The Mizukage that Zabuza attempted to assassinate is now confirmed as Mei Terumi as Yagura died when Zabuza was under 14.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 14:46   Link #42
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I dont think that's correct. kakashi was simply not as good as kakuzu. there was never any part of the fight where it would appear kakashi could have won if he only had more chakra
Actually there was. He took out one of Kakuzu's heart, but lacked the stamina to continue fighting. If he had a higher chakra pool it could have very well been the case that Kakashi would have defeated him. Plus, in my impression of the fight, Kakuzu never seemed to outclass Kakashi for the duration of the battle. They were fighting very much on par. It even was a 2v1 in some instances.
Old 2013-05-08, 15:03   Link #43
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Actually there was. He took out one of Kakuzu's heart, but lacked the stamina to continue fighting. If he had a higher chakra pool it could have very well been the case that Kakashi would have defeated him. Plus, in my impression of the fight, Kakuzu never seemed to outclass Kakashi for the duration of the battle. They were fighting very much on par. It even was a 2v1 in some instances.
i dont think you saw the same fight as me. kakashi beat 1 of kakauzu's hearts with a pre-planned series of moves involving teamwork, so no it was certainly never 2 on 1 vs kakashi. team 10 (granted ino and chouji suck but shikamaru is a huge asset) was there and then team 7 came to bail them out. and they all had a large amount of info on hidan and how to use his powers to hopefully beat kakuzu too. using hidan to kill kakuzu was actually their trump card and it still didnt work since kakuzu still had 3 hearts left and started fighting even harder at that point. so no, there is nothing to imply kakashi could have won when both his pre-planned tactics only managed to beat 2 out of 5 of kakuzu's hearts

also just to flatly prove kakashi couldn't take on kakuzu, once shikamaru left, kakashi's tactic changed to 100% dodging and deception. he knew he couldnt' handle kakuzu so the plan was to wait until shikamaru used kakuzu's blood on hidan. all kakashi was doing was trying to survive until that moment and he was literally within millimeters of his life by that time when kakuzu jumped him and nearly reached his heart
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 15:24   Link #44
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
It seems I remember it differently. I would have to go back and watch/read that fight again in order to discuss this further. But quite frankly, I don't feel like it right now. Maybe another time. The whole thing with Kakuzu was only a side note to begin with.
Old 2013-05-08, 16:31   Link #45
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I really liked this chapter the whole overlapping with the sage was kinda cool and I kinda expected the more indepth story about Rin but I still liked it cause it filled some holes. That was also pretty awsome how all the other ninjas protected Naruto when he fell, kinda gives the feeling that they really do respect and care about him instead of him only being great as long as he's useful.

Oh sorry is this the right thread? or is there a different one for people who still like the manga
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 16:38   Link #46
Alchemist007
*Author

Naruto and friends still Naruto-ing about. I suppose Obito will just need a show of determination of Naruto when he wins the fight for how he's going to change the world.
Old 2013-05-08, 17:48   Link #47
Sasukemaru
Banned

I think some ppl are ummm...Not FULLY understanding this chapter by looking at the comments.

1. Naruto can't get the Rinnegan without having a Sharingan set for some years first, this has already been explained. The Rinnegan eyes in the back was obviously the Juubi being reminded of the Sage.

2. Just because it showed a picture of the Bijuu behind Naruto doesn't mean he is using their power. This can also be explained by the Juubi seeing some of it's powers in Naruto. Besides...If Naruto was using the combined powers of all the Bijuu just now, I don't think he would be talking about how "out of gas" he is, and be unable to keep up everyones cloaks and need Sakura to heal him. Just a observation.

3. People complain they don't get the full story on Rin, then when they get it...it proves to be a clear indication Obito knew the truth all along and still can't be reasoned with....they complain...Sheesh.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 18:08   Link #48
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
I think some ppl are ummm...Not FULLY understanding this chapter by looking at the comments.

1. Naruto can't get the Rinnegan without having a Sharingan set for some years first, this has already been explained. The Rinnegan eyes in the back was obviously the Juubi being reminded of the Sage.

2. Just because it showed a picture of the Bijuu behind Naruto doesn't mean he is using their power. This can also be explained by the Juubi seeing some of it's powers in Naruto. Besides...If Naruto was using the combined powers of all the Bijuu just now, I don't think he would be talking about how "out of gas" he is, and be unable to keep up everyones cloaks and need Sakura to heal him. Just a observation.

3. People complain they don't get the full story on Rin, then when they get it...it proves to be a clear indication Obito knew the truth all along and still can't be reasoned with....they complain...Sheesh.
When where and how was it said that you can't get a Rinnegan without a sharingan? Nagato never had one did he? He is also a descendant of the Uzumaki. I think it's kinda bending the story to your own preference to say that Naruto can't get a Rinnegan. Ofcourse if the author wants Naruto to have one then he will get one.

I agree with the other stuff so i'll stop here but i'm watchin you mister fancy pants ......(>.O)
Old 2013-05-08, 18:23   Link #49
Sasukemaru
Banned

No...Nagato never developed the Rinnegan, it was given to him by Madara. Being a Uzumaki just made him capable of being a good vessel. It has been thoroughly stated you need Senju and Uchiha powers to achieve Rinnegan. I.E Senju body/dna and Uchiha eyes. That is the Rinnegan (power of the sage) and that is what characters like Danzo were trying to recreate.

Im not changing the story to fit what I think, I just rememberthe story. Naruto can't get a Rinnegan without Uchiha powers, in other words...the Sharingan.
Old 2013-05-08, 18:41   Link #50
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I really liked this chapter. It's like what the flashback did to Madara: expand his motives and past. I can't tell how is it that they are going to fight Madara now that Naruto is once again tired.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 18:50   Link #51
quagmire

Quote:
No...Nagato never developed the Rinnegan, it was given to him by Madara. Being a Uzumaki just made him capable of being a good vessel. It has been thoroughly stated you need Senju and Uchiha powers to achieve Rinnegan. I.E Senju body/dna and Uchiha eyes. That is the Rinnegan (power of the sage) and that is what characters like Danzo were trying to recreate.

Im not changing the story to fit what I think, I just rememberthe story. Naruto can't get a Rinnegan without Uchiha powers, in other words...the Sharingan.
So the reformed Sasuke gets fatally injured saving Naruto and in his dying breath, gives Naruto his eyes ala Obito to Kakashi without going super emo.....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 19:01   Link #52
Sasukemaru
Banned

Yeah that could happen, Sasuke giving his eyes to Naruto is the only way he can get the Rinnegan now.

Although...having his eyes transplanted in mid battle and turning the sharingan into a rinnegan 2 seconds later doesn't seem likely.
Old 2013-05-08, 20:05   Link #53
b1gdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
In before he actually received some remnant of it when he assisted in reviving Gaara way back.
But he assisted in reviving Gaara after the One-tailed was siphoned out of him... That wouldn't make sense unless there was still part of the One-tailed still inside gaara.

Quote:
Yeah that could happen, Sasuke giving his eyes to Naruto is the only way he can get the Rinnegan now.

Although...having his eyes transplanted in mid battle and turning the sharingan into a rinnegan 2 seconds later doesn't seem likely.
Making it more likely that it would be Obito. It wouldn't be mid battle, it would be in the other dimension or w/e it is. Or it could be Sasuke if Kakashi takes them both to another dimension.

Plus, Madara will be occupied with the other Kage.

But i agree with you saying turning the sharingan into a rinnegan and all in the middle of the fight. It should take time to know how to use first the sharingan, then rinnegan, making it unlikely to happen now.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 21:09   Link #54
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

so whats a wind hole?
Old 2013-05-08, 21:52   Link #55
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
so whats a wind hole?
it's a hole... for wind...

That being said Kakashi could finaly die this time and give naruto his eye... or he may just give it to him without dieing.... i don't really see this happening though, I'd honestly hate it if Naruto got a sharingan... I'd still learn to live with it though.
Old 2013-05-08, 23:43   Link #56
Alchemist007
*Author

All he needs are toad eyes.
Old 2013-05-09, 01:28   Link #57
Cookie-Monster

Hmm so what's better?
- TWO rinnegan (pain)?
- One rinnegan+One Sharingan (obito style) ?

There are not enough eyeball sockets. All that new power 4th is bringing might cause Naruto's forehead to explode and 10 new eye sockets to appear, so he can have;

2 sage mode eyes,
2 kyubi eyes,
2 sharingan,
2 rinnegan,
2 dreamy blue eyes,
2 eyes covered in cool-guy sunglasses.

On a side note regarding this whole issue of Naruto getting rinnegan, remember I said I though Sasuke would get another power up? Instead of Naruto getting rinnegan, isn't it more likely that Sasuke will be the one to get it? If you need senju dna and uchiha dna, then sasuke would be the perfect candidate. He has the uchiha dna, and hes now chummy buddy buddy with Dr. Frankensteinchimaru who happens to be carrying around a bag of Hashirama senju dna with him everywhere he goes.

Then again, Naruto is starting to look more and more like the sage of the six paths. And the sage had two Rinnegan's (and a necklace of sharingan symbols?).

It's all too confusing. All I know is that I don't give a rats ass about obito's illogical boohoo story. I want to see Kage's fight Madara. I was also looking forward to seeing everyone's reaction to the Kage's arriving, but it seems that we won't get that pleasure any time soon, because Madara plans on teleporting away to meet Hashirama and company away from the main battlefield.

Last edited by Cookie-Monster; 2013-05-09 at 04:36.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 04:23   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
It's all to confusing. All I know is that I don't give a rats ass about obito's illogical boohoo story.
yea it's pretty bad. didn't he say this chapter that it wasn't all about rin? and then when he explained why, it was just all about rin? ...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 05:18   Link #59
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

What he said is nothing new really, it's not all about Rin, it's the realization that this world inherently suck. But the reason it sucks is because it's a world where Rin could die so it shouldn't be real. Kakashi shouldn't be real because a real one would have saved Rin. Rin isn't Rin because a real Rin should be alive.
So you see it's not all about Rin, it's also about everything somewhat related to Rin within 6 degrees of separation. Did I say Rin? Rin Rin Rin.
Oh well.
Rin.

I maintain that I'd have been better if we had never known Tobi's identity for certain. Let him be a twisted unknown soldier who might or might not be Obito or any other desperate soul left broken by the ninja system and whose body would be almost completely inhuman and so unidentifiable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So, was Obito being serious when he said Kakashi could have killed him multiple times, or was that a mis-translation?
Serious as in Kakashi punched him a few times instead of gutting him with a Chidori yes. Whether that would have killed him is another story because if that's not a Genjutsu it would have made no real effect on him anyway.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 09:18   Link #60
Sasukemaru
Banned

I think it'll be more likely (especially how the story is currently unfolding) Naruto and Sasuke come together, (representing the two heirs to the Sage) and fulfill the Sage's dream of bringing peace. That seems far more likely then one or both of them getting the power of the Sage (the Rinnegan) When the Sage himself thought love would save the world and not power.

So I think the manga is heading in the direction where Naruto + Sasuke will represent the two halves of the Sage, instead of one of them acquiring all the power themselves.

As far as Obito surviving a hole in the chest, not really surprising considering half his body is Zetsu goo. He said himself he was unable to feel pain...Which means Kakashi probably got a big fist of Zetsu goo with his Raikiri.