AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-26, 11:42   Link #61
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post

Pino & Prue do have forms, so it can be true that they do have physical manifestations on their home world. Still, why did the Magius that came to earth have no bodies?
Those two aren't just floating around you know....VVV and that cage seem to allow them to retain their actual forms
Old 2013-11-26, 11:53   Link #62
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Those two aren't just floating around you know....VVV and that cage seem to allow them to retain their actual forms
Fair point... totally disregarded that...lol

Yea, the engine & "cage" allow them to retain their physical forms. But why can't Magius exist as physical beings without using humans/animals as mediums?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-26, 17:07   Link #63
Irenesharda

^ You know I was just telling someone else that the Magius have to have bodies of some sort. Why else would they make clothes? Pino and Prue's wardrobe are obviously alien and they are complex, with different kinds of hair ornaments and everything. Why would they bother to adorn bodies that they don't have?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-26, 19:03   Link #64
~BC~

I was thinking rather than that being their true physical forms, they're just avatars representing their personalities. I mean there's probably only so many ways you can show a green puff of space dust emoting before it gets boring. But I guess we'll see.
Old 2013-11-26, 21:45   Link #65
Irenesharda

I was thinking, the Magius must be masters of adaptation seeing as not only have they been on Earth for centuries without discovery, but there's the fact that even when they jack a new host, they don't have the memories of said host, and yet somehow no one ever suspects. Magius Cain was able to pull off the act for ten years and not even his own best friend noticed the difference despite the fact that the Magius would have to learn everything about their host body's personality, family, likes, dislikes, secrets, and such, all from scratch.

And no one has ever noticed a thing...

But then again, no one noticed the difference between real Haruto and when Haruto was taken over by Saki. No one except Shoko. Shoko, one of the most observant people in the show (when not applied to herself), and yet she's the one who's most in the dark.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-26, 21:59   Link #66
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I will say Kamitsuki is Magius's biggest archnemesis, while both need runes they acquire by different method. One is taking over a human body while another take it by sucking like a vampire, if a Magius got bite by a Kamitsuki it gonna be really suck for them.
Old 2013-11-27, 12:11   Link #67
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Fair point... totally disregarded that...lol

Yea, the engine & "cage" allow them to retain their physical forms. But why can't Magius exist as physical beings without using humans/animals as mediums?
Maybe because Earth air is not conducive...dunno lol
Old 2013-12-07, 06:45   Link #68
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Can't wait to see Yamada-kun beating Shoko and Iori senseless.
Old 2013-12-07, 08:16   Link #69
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Can't wait to see Yamada-kun beating Shoko and Iori senseless.

In any case, wouldn't the Magius' plan be counterproductive to them? When L-Elf manages gets out of his slump, he will definitely uses it against them. Essentially, making the Magius dying with them.
Old 2013-12-07, 16:18   Link #70
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post

In any case, wouldn't the Magius' plan be counterproductive to them? When L-Elf manages gets out of his slump, he will definitely uses it against them. Essentially, making the Magius dying with them.
It depends on where they are going to go with the Magius in the long run. The Magius have stressed several times that this move against Neo JIOR was their last resort and that they had forced their hand because they couldn't allow Neo JIOR to threaten the safety to their people.

I find it interesting that in comparison to many other Sunrise villains that are usually eventually shown to be insane and quite evil, the Magius don't really seem to be inherently evil, even Cain to some degree seems to be subdued. So, we'll have to see where they are going to go with this in the end.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-07, 16:23   Link #71
Twi

They're only concerned with their food supply and secrecy, something paramount to survival. Insanity and survival usually don't mix. The problem is that they're feeding on and possessing people, which as humans ourselves, find repulsive.

That and the fact that they do some heinous things to those kids, as well as kidnapping, etc.
Old 2013-12-07, 16:41   Link #72
Key Board
Carbon

speaking of supplies

The students are stranded in space without any resources or allies
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-07, 17:39   Link #73
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
speaking of supplies

The students are stranded in space without any resources or allies
That is true. How are they going to find enough supplies, food, etc. to support themselves since they have no allies or anyone who will help them? And how are they going to go about the extremely hard task of creating an empire?

Hmm, we may have to have supply raids until they can think of another option. The more I think about it, the more A-drei and X-eins are going to be needed. A-drei being a prince in a long spanning royal house, probably was taught a few things about government and how to run a country. He and L-elf will proably be working together on that front. X-eins is very good at preparation, organization, and administration. He and Satomi can handle that. If Kyuma had lived, he would be good for starting the country's treasury, but since "no one knows accounting" hopefully X-eins knows about that too.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-07, 17:39   Link #74
Key Board
Carbon

They could ::drumroll:................

abandon their humanity to survive
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-07, 17:42   Link #75
Twi

There are colonies, I mean other modules, and they have superior weaponry to normal places. If they need something, they take it.

They're priority is survival now, not being heroes.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:42   Link #76
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I'm tried of seeing only people on the good side dying, can we see some Magius dying already? Especially Cain and Mirko/Fuhrer, I want to smack that smiling face off these two and exposed the helluva out of them.
Old 2013-12-07, 18:34   Link #77
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
There are colonies, I mean other modules, and they have superior weaponry to normal places. If they need something, they take it.

They're priority is survival now, not being heroes.
Well, the other modules are owned by ARUS and Dorssia, and that's where the majority of the people and government lives. I think security would actually be tighter there, than it would be on Earth.

And remember, they don't have anything to fight with. All there is with them now is VVV3 and VVV6, and no one's there to pilot VVV1. I think they will get another pilot for Unit 1, but even then, they don't have yet to both defend themselves and raid for supplies. I think they might have to just have a good hiding spot and then do "Robin Hood" style thievery until they can get a good base of operations going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I'm tried of seeing only people on the good side dying, can we see some Magius dying already? Especially Cain and Mirko/Fuhrer, I want to smack that smiling face off these two and exposed the helluva out of them.
We may want them to die, but as we see it's pretty hard to kill a Kamitsuki/Magius, especially if it's one with the intelligence and fighting skills of Cain. So far, the only way to kill them is either through exposure for a long period of time to earth atmosphere with no protection in their natural form, rune depletion, or the destruction of the Valvrave engine.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-07, 19:02   Link #78
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, the other modules are owned by ARUS and Dorssia, and that's where the majority of the people and government lives. I think security would actually be tighter there, than it would be on Earth.

And remember, they don't have anything to fight with. All there is with them now is VVV3 and VVV6, and no one's there to pilot VVV1. I think they will get another pilot for Unit 1, but even then, they don't have yet to both defend themselves and raid for supplies. I think they might have to just have a good hiding spot and then do "Robin Hood" style thievery until they can get a good base of operations going.
Yeah, because Module security worked wonders on Jior when Dorssia decided to infiltrate...OH WAIT.

It's easy and they don't even need to fight, they have a hacker and can body-jack like we've seen when they needed to get to earth. Sneak up on a ship (or have Akira change the identification so it looks like a regular ship and send out a help signal), hack communications, body-jack some people, and into the module we go to sabotage some exports or security measures.
Old 2013-12-07, 19:16   Link #79
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah, because Module security worked wonders on Jior when Dorssia decided to infiltrate...OH WAIT.

It's easy and they don't even need to fight, they have a hacker and can body-jack like we've seen when they needed to get to earth. Sneak up on a ship (or have Akira change the identification so it looks like a regular ship and send out a help signal), hack communications, body-jack some people, and into the module we go to sabotage some exports or security measures.
Jior's military was always known to be the worst of the three and they brought up in the very beginning that JIOR was pretty lax at this point and was even bribing Dorssia to leave them alone rather than defending their property. It's not that the Dyson sphere colonies themselves are easy to get into, it's the type of military fighting force they have defending it.

Dorssia has the best, followed by the ARUS. Also you're asking for planning skills that neither Akira or Thunder have. And this would be two Valvraves alone, against a united Dorssio-ARUS military. It's more than a notion and not at all easy. They don't have access to people to bodyjack, they can't hack unless they can get close to the place, which they can't without detection. These are two lone fighters and students who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. It's more than a notion, and it's going to be very hard.

The only thing I can think of at the moment, is them attacking lone supplies vehicles that are by themselves and they can pick off easily.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-07, 20:56   Link #80
Twi

~ Fair enough.

On another topic, the Magius crash-landed ages ago so it was understandable they were stuck on Earth. But, with all the space-travel tech, can they not go back to their home planet if things get dicey?