AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-09, 01:39   Link #281
Thelastguardian

I do have a forum set up in the server. I have my doubt about the effectiveness of a wiki/forum combine, however.

I am not going to be able to manage the forum myself. Someone else will have to volunteer.

Anyway, I will see what I can pull together later today and see if I can get a trial forum running to see if the idea works.

PS I agree with Sushi- "No comment" does not truely reflect the original japanese phase meaning.

/me back to translating and getting ready for summer classes
Old 2006-05-09, 07:06   Link #282
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
I am not going to be able to manage the forum myself. Someone else will have to volunteer.

ah. that's what's the Editorial teams is for

I'll "voluntary arrest" one of them. yes. welcome to the Baka-Tsuki Crops. compulsary Adminstration service!

p.s: oh, i think all the readers should take a break from the project, we got the two slowest translators (not including TLG ) working on volume 02, so i think they'll probably won't start until next month. haha
I bet Kinny would finish before them....

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-05-09 at 07:49.
Old 2006-05-09, 08:46   Link #283
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
ah. that's what's the Editorial teams is for

I'll "voluntary arrest" one of them. yes. welcome to the Baka-Tsuki Crops. compulsary Adminstration service!

p.s: oh, i think all the readers should take a break from the project, we got the two slowest translators (not including TLG ) working on volume 02, so i think they'll probably won't start until next month. haha
I bet Kinny would finish before them....
Wanna have a bet? By the time I've finished all the chapters that I've been "officially registered" for, I might just go on and translate those "slow" chapters on my own (out of passion, and for relieving work pressure and boredom ) and still be ahead of those guys.

Of course, my translated versions of those chapters, if they ever come to fruition, will only be for my own enjoyment and will not be uploaded to the wiki, unless everyone wants them to be uploaded, as I do not wish to tread on those translator's toes.
Old 2006-05-09, 09:00   Link #284
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
*looks at the Talk pages on the Wiki*

Ugu~ I see things have become piles of Stuff now that I look at exactly what's out there. Ok, we'll try the forum idea and see if we can better organise the information out there. Sorting stuff into sub-forums and threads will make it much easier to figure out what's current and what's concluded.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-05-09, 09:06   Link #285
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

mmm...yeah there quite alot of concluded topics, we could just tuck them away into an archive page.

Old 2006-05-09, 14:41   Link #286
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Wanna have a bet? By the time I've finished all the chapters that I've been "officially registered" for, I might just go on and translate those "slow" chapters on my own (out of passion, and for relieving work pressure and boredom ) and still be ahead of those guys.

Of course, my translated versions of those chapters, if they ever come to fruition, will only be for my own enjoyment and will not be uploaded to the wiki, unless everyone wants them to be uploaded, as I do not wish to tread on those translator's toes.
I would certainly like to see all of your translations.

1. Of course though, if by the time you finish your registered translations none of the other "slow" chapters are completed, send a mail or something to the translators in question and give them 72 hours.

2. Are you only translating the latter half of volume 4, or are you discussing with Harunako on if you'll do all of it?
Old 2006-05-09, 14:57   Link #287
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

We got a problem with partial translated chapters, thats text contriubuted by users who do not wish to do the whole chapters, or in this case has not responded to any contact thus we have no idea if they wish to continue that chapter or not.

Anyway I raised the issue on the format guideline talk page so if anyone got any solution to those problems, add your comments.

Then we have the slow chapters, im not really worried about it, take your time, take your time. might be a good idea to know kinny got the chapters done.
The fact that the two translators on volume 02, haven't registered the rest of the chapters is telling, in the future we could ask kinny to post those chapters when he's done just to drip feed all the hungry readers...... (muwahaha).

Old 2006-05-09, 18:11   Link #288
arcticphoenix16

hmm, I only did the prologue from vol. 2 because it was an interesting one, not because I actually wanted to translate vol. 2. If we can make an exception to the rule and have someone else take over...
Old 2006-05-09, 18:22   Link #289
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

well there you go.

We will just have to ask kinny.

At the moment though, the guidelines were mainly there to allow the translators to have a fair go at the chapters they wish to do.

if kinny doesn't mind doing the volume 02 chapters he will register them when he's finished the one he's working on.

In the mean time i don't see why we have to rush.

*hears a collective "wtf?!" in the background from inpatient readers*

muwahaha.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-05-09 at 20:30.
Old 2006-05-09, 20:02   Link #290
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
well there you go.

We will just have ask kinny.

At the moment though, the guidelines were mainly there to allow the translators to have a fair go at the chapters they wish to do.

if kinny doesn't mind doing the volume 02 chapters he will register them when he's finished the one he's working on.

*hears a collective "wtf?!" in background from inpaitient readers*

muwahaha.

Now why do I get this irresistable urge to arm myself with a pitchfork and a torch?

...And hear old, unemployed wizards saying "Have fun storming the castle!"

Old 2006-05-09, 21:31   Link #291
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:

*hears a collective "wtf?!" in the background from inpatient readers*

muwahaha.

*shivers from withdrawl*
Old 2006-05-09, 23:27   Link #292
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"right" is better than "fast" for this stuff (imo).
Old 2006-05-10, 12:44   Link #293
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
2. Are you only translating the latter half of volume 4, or are you discussing with Harunako on if you'll do all of it?
Nothing's been decided yet, I've yet to contact him. I'd love to do the whole volume if possible at all, but for now I'm just focusing on volume 3's "Lone Island Syndrome".

For volume 2, if arcticphoenix says he's ok with it, then I'll consider working on the first half of volume 2 once I'm finished with what I'm doing.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2006-05-10 at 13:09.
Old 2006-05-10, 20:44   Link #294
Thelastguardian

Ok forum's up

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/
Old 2006-05-10, 22:49   Link #295
velocity7

Alright, who will be doing admin'ing, moderating, and the like?
Old 2006-05-10, 23:43   Link #296
Psieye
Lore Hunter

I've tried registering on it and am now awaiting the confirmation email.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-05-11, 00:09   Link #297
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
Alright, who will be doing admin'ing, moderating, and the like?
yes yes. i'm in contact with the general, and i will be putting some names forward for admin service,
as it is still early times, please do not be offend if not all members of the editorial/translator team will be curs- blessed.

patience please.

P.S:

* absently strangles slashzero*

arrggh.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-05-11 at 00:34.
Old 2006-05-11, 09:53   Link #298
Freak Of Nature
Translator / iitran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I'd translate 禁則事項です as "That's/It's a prohibited subject". It's far closer to the original meaning and tone than "classified information".
"I could tell you... but then I'd have to kill you."
Old 2006-05-11, 14:58   Link #299
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

right the forums are working, and we are going to shift all the heavy discussion on to the forums, as peopel have expressed about how the wiki talk page are kind of cluttering up.

So, best thing, to do is sign up and start posting.

first one gets to 50 can be a mod!

just kidding.

Seriously, can the project Editors & Translators please sign up.

thanks
Old 2006-05-11, 15:46   Link #300
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Ok, set up a thread on Baka-Tsuki's forum to roughly figure out how we'll set up subforums and general Thread structures.

Oh btw, Avatar size <= 0KB?

Closed Thread