Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-18, 12:18   Link #2601
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
For some reason I just had the strongest urge to go back and play the "Legend of Zelda" series. Last night I went back and played "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening" , the GameBoy version...yeah, I said GAMEBOY. (I hope that there isnt anyone young enough here to ask what a GameBoy is...) The ending theme is still one of my favorite LoZ themes to date...I teared up after hearing it for the first time in quite some time. ('m')

I also went back and played "LoZ: Oracle of Ages". My sister had the "Oracle of Seasons" so I went and did all the extra work of playing through both versions to get all the extra items, etc.
Like a boss. Link's Awakening was my very first Zelda game and Oracle of Seasons is tied with Wind Waker as my favourite. Ages was fun too (since it shared many similar aspects), but I think the whole Subrosian world is what fascinated me so much about Seasons.
Old 2011-10-18, 12:59   Link #2602
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Just finished Rage on the PC. I loved it I didn't have too many problems with it, like the texture popping, but screen tearing was annoying. The game was short as hell and I played it on hard and wasn't too much of a challenge. The story too was pretty poor pretty much wasn't there.
However it was so much fun and I enjoyed it so much blowing mutants and robots up , reminded me of Doom a lot which isn't a bad at all.

Next on my list is nothing just work and Starcraft 2 meh thinks.
Old 2011-10-18, 13:54   Link #2603
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Played some Black Ops. FINALLY got Steady Aim Pro and Scout Pro in one session.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 15:10   Link #2604
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Played some Black Ops. FINALLY got Steady Aim Pro and Scout Pro in one session.
Yo blakstealth, if you're ever online and you see me online as well, definitely hit me up for some of that.
Old 2011-10-18, 15:39   Link #2605
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

kk

I figured that I wouldn't bother you with an inv since you're already playing something else. lol

Safe to say I won't be online until the weekend, though.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 15:45   Link #2606
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
kk

I figured that I wouldn't bother you with an inv since you're already playing something else. lol

Safe to say I won't be online until the weekend, though.
That's cool; unless I'm sitting through the cutscene of my life or fighting through the very depths of item world in Disgaea 4 where I can't save, I probably wouldn't reject any invitation.

I'll try to be online on the weekend, then.;D
Old 2011-10-18, 21:32   Link #2607
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Started playing Go Go Nippon!

Pretty interesting how it's basically a tour of parts of Tokyo. Really like the younger sister, Akira more than Makoto.

Sure Makoto is the more mature, she just seems to be the sort that'd go bat shit crazy on you... XD

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."

Last edited by grylsyjaeger; 2011-10-19 at 02:13.
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 14:40   Link #2608
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Forza 4 on xbox 360: in my opinon its probably the best racing game you can buy on console, its just fantastic.

I've been locked in competition with a few friends to set the fastest time on the top-gear track with the kia see'd (I'm currently in the lead =D) and its brilliant fun as the game picks out your closest rival and loads their ghost so you can race it and then rewards you for beating their time.

Online wise you can also now create clubs and share cars for the members to borrow as well as freely share designs, decals and tuning set-ups. Speaking of decals you can also load in your decal designs from forza 3 which is handy for me since I had dozens of them.
I've been completely hooked on the game since yesterday as well. The new tire stuff is surprisingly important to the feel of the game, it's on a whole different dimension. Drifting in particular has become a lot easier now that the grip is better modeled.

Also did anyone notice the references to Initial D in the game? Like the award for making 5 perfect drifts on Fujimi Kaido with a Toyota Sprinter Trueno or the Sprinter Trueno downhill event? I just had to downtune an RX-7 FC to tackle that one (and to get the proper OST on the background ).

PS: btw how's your time in the Top Gear Test Track? I'm at 1:44.970 on the Cee'd myself but I didn't have much time to tackle it.
Old 2011-10-19, 17:28   Link #2609
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Theres also a back to the future reference with the DMC delorean when you hit 88mph

My Top gear time is 1:43.930 with no assists, manual gears and a perfect lap. =D

I plain suck at drifting though I just cant get the hang of it and much rather do drag races with classic american muscle.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 11:33   Link #2610
Puddingman

Terranigma!
Old 2011-10-20, 12:33   Link #2611
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Theres also a back to the future reference with the DMC delorean when you hit 88mph
Speaking of me.... well the delorean is playing Lightning Warrior Raidy II @PC
Spoiler for cover:

The first was okay, but this is on a whole new level, they addressed many of the issues with the UI and stages in this one, the amount of content is also quite surprising for this type of game and they gave a lot more thought to the story now, this is also for the first time in an RPG where i don't actually hate the IMP, in fact i like it , in other words i'm having fun playing it.
Old 2011-10-22, 06:21   Link #2612
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Playing action RPGs lately. Cleared The Witcher, The Witcher 2, Diablo 2 and Torchlight. Anyone else got any action RPGs for the PC that they can recommend?
I don't know whether BioWare's games are classified as Action RPG or not, but their games looked action enough for me. Try Dragon Age: Origins

Mass Effect series, Fallout series and also the recent Deus Ex: Human Revolution are also recommended if you don't mind about the FPS style gameplay. They still have rpg elements such as dialogue choices, exploration, experience, skills, and so on.

there are also other older games which are great IMO. For example, Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption (veeery old game) if you're looking for stats-based gameplay. The newer game, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is more of first/third person style gameplay. Bioware's older games such as Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series are also great

Sorry if you already knew most of them, but that's all I've played

Currently replaying Tekken 6 on my PS3, since my friend just got his PS3 recently, and my other friends love to play to his house, so finally I could have some opponents trying to hone my skills further, and also master more characters. Also still playing Gran Turismo 5. Thanks for the new Spec 2.0 update, the game is much more enjoyable loading time is much faster, interior view for all cars, weather and AI controls, multiple settings for a car, and now endurance races are resumable now mostly raising the levels for my B-Spec drivers.

Oh, and I'm really hooked to its new Spec 2.0 Opening movie
Spoiler for Youtube link:

And... already finished the 2nd playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Still playing Left 4 Dead 2 also. Now replaying Rainbow Six: Vegas series. I find these games to be quite difficult for sure I died several times for being caught off-guard. Despite being a fans of older Rainbow Six games, I find the new FPS style combat in Vegas series to be great because it gives more action without compromising the tactical elements. Hopefully the series will continue
Old 2011-10-22, 07:40   Link #2613
Agneyastra
Freshmeat

Send a message via MSN to Agneyastra Send a message via Yahoo to Agneyastra
I've been playing Disgaea 4 throughout the month, really loving it to death, especially the item world, so much fun.

Been playing Dark Souls as well, really addicting once you stop dying.
Old 2011-10-22, 12:34   Link #2614
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I don't know whether BioWare's games are classified as Action RPG or not, but their games looked action enough for me. Try Dragon Age: Origins

Mass Effect series, Fallout series and also the recent Deus Ex: Human Revolution are also recommended if you don't mind about the FPS style gameplay. They still have rpg elements such as dialogue choices, exploration, experience, skills, and so on.

there are also other older games which are great IMO. For example, Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption (veeery old game) if you're looking for stats-based gameplay. The newer game, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is more of first/third person style gameplay. Bioware's older games such as Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series are also great

Sorry if you already knew most of them, but that's all I've played

Currently replaying Tekken 6 on my PS3, since my friend just got his PS3 recently, and my other friends love to play to his house, so finally I could have some opponents trying to hone my skills further, and also master more characters. Also still playing Gran Turismo 5. Thanks for the new Spec 2.0 update, the game is much more enjoyable loading time is much faster, interior view for all cars, weather and AI controls, multiple settings for a car, and now endurance races are resumable now mostly raising the levels for my B-Spec drivers.

Oh, and I'm really hooked to its new Spec 2.0 Opening movie
Spoiler for Youtube link:

And... already finished the 2nd playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Still playing Left 4 Dead 2 also. Now replaying Rainbow Six: Vegas series. I find these games to be quite difficult for sure I died several times for being caught off-guard. Despite being a fans of older Rainbow Six games, I find the new FPS style combat in Vegas series to be great because it gives more action without compromising the tactical elements. Hopefully the series will continue

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a huge Bioware junkie though, so all the series you listed, plus Deus Ex, I've played. I'll give the Vampire games a try though
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 15:18   Link #2615
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a huge Bioware junkie though, so all the series you listed, plus Deus Ex, I've played. I'll give the Vampire games a try though
I see
Both games are unrelated, so feel free to start from the newer one if you wish They are also somewhat buggy, though, especially Bloodlines. The support for the game was ceased because the studio was closed down (yeah, it had a similar fate with SW:KotOR II). But there's a dedicated community continuing to support the game by releasing unofficial patches to fix the game
Old 2011-10-22, 17:49   Link #2616
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I see
Both games are unrelated, so feel free to start from the newer one if you wish They are also somewhat buggy, though, especially Bloodlines. The support for the game was ceased because the studio was closed down (yeah, it had a similar fate with SW:KotOR II). But there's a dedicated community continuing to support the game by releasing unofficial patches to fix the game
Bloodlines is awesome indeed but be sure to get the unofficial patch before starting the game. I still remember getting stuck quite a few times because the game decided not to trigger the scripted event needed to proceed with the story. It's still an awesome game though. It's a blast playing as a Malkavian and being as confused as the NPCs with what you say though weirder still is to actually start understanding the options but maybe that's just me going insane myself.
Old 2011-10-22, 18:50   Link #2617
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Valkyrie Complex

Lately, I've been on an SRPG VN roll since it's just too addicting after finishing Rance Quest
Old 2011-10-22, 18:54   Link #2618
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

^Damn i'd really wish that game would get a translation...
Old 2011-10-22, 18:56   Link #2619
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, judging from how long it will take to even get past 20% of Rance Quest. If you raged from Sengoku Rance, Daibanchou, or even Daiteikoku. Then you'll flip the switch on your computer/laptop multiple times for Rance Quest especially when it forces you to level up characters "all-over" again without any faster method. Or having to start all over on a certain quest because all your characters are out of action points.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-10-22 at 19:13.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:48   Link #2620
drsypher

Playing me some Disgaea 4 and Phantom Brave! I'd really like to exploit that duplication glitch in D4 before it gets patched for me, though I'm not quite strong enough to tackle LoC item world just yet. Also going through the Sonic Generations demo a bunch of times. It's my first time ever playing a Sonic game in the modern style, so I'd like to get a feel for it before the game comes out.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote