AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-25, 05:38   Link #201
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Those trailers really worry me for a few reasons. Not only does it make the show really fanservice-oriented, but it feels like we are going to fall into a lot of the similar annoying tropes into with these harem shows.

For one, from what I read, Yuto has a rather rich backstory compared to most harem protagonists, but in the anime, it feels like he is pushed to the back just so we can focus on the girls. And along with that, Rinko is going to be that character in the show who attacks HIM whenever he is in an ecchi situation. It's never going to be the other girl's fault, just his because he is a man and "sex-obsessed."

I'll watch it but I don't really know where it's going to go from these trailers.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 17:03   Link #202
Midonin
Last Engage

For the curious, the five ED singers now have a name that's basically what happens when you pile up everyone's name.

"Himarinko L. Shizukuesu"

Now, try to imagine that name as an actual character.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 22:44   Link #203
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Those trailers really worry me for a few reasons. Not only does it make the show really fanservice-oriented, but it feels like we are going to fall into a lot of the similar annoying tropes into with these harem shows.

For one, from what I read, Yuto has a rather rich backstory compared to most harem protagonists, but in the anime, it feels like he is pushed to the back just so we can focus on the girls. And along with that, Rinko is going to be that character in the show who attacks HIM whenever he is in an ecchi situation. It's never going to be the other girl's fault, just his because he is a man and "sex-obsessed."

I'll watch it but I don't really know where it's going to go from these trailers.
Yeah...things look bleak. It was kind of inevitable given the current trends. I don't mind the tropes, but the anime will probably focus on them a lot more than the manga did. Tsk...tsk.

It be nice if they follow the manga faithfully.
Old 2009-12-25, 22:58   Link #204
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
For the curious, the five ED singers now have a name that's basically what happens when you pile up everyone's name.

"Himarinko L. Shizukuesu"

Now, try to imagine that name as an actual character.
The only thing coming up to mind is some random foreigner character.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 23:02   Link #205
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I support Shizukuesu.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 02:05   Link #206
Jze0
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
This show's lacking scans for an anime airing soon.
Here you go first official scan I think.
Old 2009-12-26, 08:24   Link #207
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , not surprised for the PLOT as USUAL , it's a TYPICAL japanese's fanservice manga ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 17:09   Link #208
Jze0
Hmmm...

Two more scans to post though I believe the second one has been posted aleady.
Old 2009-12-26, 18:53   Link #209
blitz1/2

It's so sad to say that it seems most of the budget went to panty shots and oppai instead of the head and other parts of character design. >_>

Old 2010-01-01, 08:32   Link #210
tsunade666

I was hoping it to be better than this. I like the actions in the manga but when I read the comments. My hope is in ashes...... I hope they wouldn't totally ruin but just hoping.

Too much fanservice is bad.

EDIT:

I watch the 3 previews in the previews post and I think I don't need to hope anymore. I only see panties and bras plus girl flying everywhere.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-01-01 at 08:53.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 16:33   Link #211
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
"Most of the budget went to panty shots and oppai"?

"Too much fanservice"?

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. This is perfect, typical Omamori Himari. Lots of panty and chest fanservice with some plot. In fact, those scans are still understating the fanservice of the manga. I think you guys are still expecting the wrong manga adaptation.
Old 2010-01-01, 22:51   Link #212
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
"Most of the budget went to panty shots and oppai"?

"Too much fanservice"?

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. This is perfect, typical Omamori Himari. Lots of panty and chest fanservice with some plot. In fact, those scans are still understating the fanservice of the manga. I think you guys are still expecting the wrong manga adaptation.
Don't tell me you actually think the character design for the anime is actually good? (compared to the manga design, this is honestly IMO "crap")

As for fanservice, yes. There is fanservice. But I'll see if it's too extensive.

And wat I meant is that the director made panty shots a lot more detail than the character faces themselves which really indicate where the effort in drawing actually went.

Old 2010-01-02, 02:10   Link #213
tsunade666

I have read the manga and your right that it has tons of panty and bra shots but not to that extent that I'm only seeing it. Plus its too detailed and I see it more than the main leading guy. I hope to see his special abilities but I think it will never happen.
Old 2010-01-02, 08:59   Link #214
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I have read the manga and your right that it has tons of panty and bra shots but not to that extent that I'm only seeing it. Plus its too detailed and I see it more than the main leading guy. I hope to see his special abilities but I think it will never happen.
I agree. I pray this doesn't become a Rosario to Vampire adaption killing.
Old 2010-01-02, 20:36   Link #215
Westlo
Lets be reality

Aroduc from Tenka Seiha blog put this clip up from the dvd special, has the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Don't tell me you actually think the character design for the anime is actually good? (compared to the manga design, this is honestly IMO "crap")
You're acting like this is new, most of the time anime character designs don't compare to the manga versions, they have to be simplified because they're being animated as opposed to being a still. Rinko aside the designs aren't that bad imo, yes they could be better but it's not like zecxs are a top notch studio, more like a budget one. Rinko just looks horrible though, she got totally beat up with the ugly stick, thankfully I'm not a fan of hers or I'll be pissed lol especially since Iori Nomizu who I liked as Nymph in Sora no Otoshimono sounds pretty bad as Rinko...

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-01-02 at 20:50.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 21:06   Link #216
billborden

Quote:

As for fanservice, yes. There is fanservice. But I'll see if it's too extensive.

And wat I meant is that the director made panty shots a lot more detail than the character faces themselves which really indicate where the effort in drawing actually went.
Since "detailed character development" doesn't compress into a 2:30 mini really well, and tits and ass (oppai and pantsu, if you prefer) do; I'm not really surprised by the PV's. As a fan of the series, this is actually what I expected and, really, what the series is, fanservice. I'm looking forward to the show when it starts.
Old 2010-01-03, 00:22   Link #217
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Aroduc from Tenka Seiha blog put this clip up from the dvd special, has the OP.

Nymph...
Hahaha...

IT DOESN'T FIT!
At all...

*drinks some tea*
It's all a bad dream... Yep.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 08:02   Link #218
tsunade666

The animation is quite good than I expected. And I'm glad they didn't spam fanservice shot on the OP. But Rinko's voice totally didn't fit. But unexpectedly I like the one who do voice for himarri. Her voice is too annoyingly not fitted on rinko.

And then again I didn't even a single hint in the OP that yuuto will ever even fight.
Old 2010-01-03, 09:02   Link #219
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
There have been far worse character designs in anime period, is what I think.

Quote:
There simply "is fanservice" in the manga? Try a fanservice festival. The amount of fanservice we see in the PVs and scans still doesn't fully add up to what is in the manga.

Quote:
And in the manga, the author puts just as much massive detail into drawing panty shots and especially breasts, as in the manga you can see the girls' nipples under their clothing. It's hard to top that, short of drawing full-blown nudity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I have read the manga and your right that it has tons of panty and bra shots but not to that extent that I'm only seeing it.
Are you......kidding? Wow, we seem to have too many people trying to downplay the massive fanservice of the manga here.......the fanservice in the OH manga outdoes most of what I've seen in either manga or anime. And I've seen a lot of fanservce in both over the past ~20 years.

Quote:
Plus its too detailed and I see it more than the main leading guy.
What I said to blitz. And they zoom in on breasts and panties a lot in the manga, too.

Quote:
I hope to see his special abilities but I think it will never happen.
And what do we have that suggests this at all? Let's wait until we actually watch the show to judge what's going to happen. For all we know, Yuuto could end up being some super samurai.
Old 2010-01-04, 03:12   Link #220
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nymph...
Hahaha...

IT DOESN'T FIT!
At all...

*drinks some tea*
It's all a bad dream... Yep.
I think you were commenting on the choice of seiyu. I completely agree with you on Rinko's part. She is supposed to be a violent tomboyish character. Oh, well, she is a side character among the side characters. So I guess we just have to bear with it.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen