AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-06, 08:46   Link #781
justpassingby

@kuroishinigami
Sorry, but my English shitsux and my head hurts when I type for long period of time
And I've tried novel translation before, gave up quickly because lol anime :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
According to spoilers,
Spoiler for 7:
DIAF Ichika.
Yeah, I figured something like that might happen
Old 2011-04-06, 09:20   Link #782
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
LET HE WHO HAS NOT SINNED THROW THE FIRST STONE

by the way, tatenashi is the first name, I think
Tatenashi is the first name. Last name is Sarashiki. It's Sarashiki Kanzashi for the little sister.

Edit : you can read the first 26 page on the MF Bunko site. Nothing interesting happened beside the harem antique and Sarashiki onee-san teasing Ichika(which is a little disappointing since 26 pages is basically 10% of the whole novel :P)

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-04-06 at 09:58.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 07:03   Link #783
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Well, folks. You got to check this out, man. This. Is. SO. UNPREDICTABLE!
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000-mantan-ent
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 09:13   Link #784
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Well, folks. You got to check this out, man. This. Is. SO. UNPREDICTABLE!
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000-mantan-ent
translation? pleas.e

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 09:23   Link #785
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
translation? pleas.e
based on my Level 1 Japanese Language Understanding, it's basically about the BD Release.

Google may help.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 09:28   Link #786
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
translation? pleas.e
I think it sounds like this:
Quote:
BD sales of Infinite Stratos sell total 22,000, marking 6th animation series to be listed 1st place in Oricon chart followed by Bakemonogatari, Macross F, K-On, Code Geass and Angel Beats. Including DVD sales of 7,794, it is almost 30,000 sales.

I saw a lot of people blaming Japan's bad taste. However, if you actually read 2ch, you will find how much Japanese otakus are actually in the same boat as us, questioning 'why this thing sells this much?'. Even for them, 30,000 is a bit over-kill. "IS is absurd, ridiculous, moe-fested, doesn't make any sense, polluted by cliche+forgettable characters, and has absolutely no merit of being unique, interesting series".
Though, I don't know. But it probably looks a lot like this.
Old 2011-04-07, 10:02   Link #787
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
based on my Level 1 Japanese Language Understanding, it's basically about the BD Release.

Google may help.
I was confused for a moment, since level 1 is the highest level in JLPT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I think it sounds like this:
Quote:
BD sales of Infinite Stratos sell total 22,000, marking 6th animation series to be listed 1st place in Oricon chart followed by Bakemonogatari, Macross F, K-On, Code Geass and Angel Beats.
Though, I don't know. But it probably looks a lot like this.
you're more or less right for whatever's quoted regarding the article.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 10:19   Link #788
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

And there's a short synopsis regarding what's the story on IS. Well, definitely can't underestimate the power of hardcore otaku. I mean, I know it will sell pretty good because of moe factor, I didn't expect it to sell this well. I personally am very disappointed with the anime because of the number of important plot detail they left out.

I just hope the LN author won't think "Oh, only moe without plot works, let's cut out the small remaining plot in the story too."
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 10:20   Link #789
kramerica

Just wait until volume 3 when it's focused on Charlotte...

Why I think it's popular? It's just enjoyable I guess. Not trying to be a DEEP or GRIMDARK anime is nice sometimes. I needed a harem-hijinks series and I got one in a classical sense.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 10:32   Link #790
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
Just wait until volume 3 when it's focused on Charlotte...

Why I think it's popular? It's just enjoyable I guess. Not trying to be a DEEP or GRIMDARK anime is nice sometimes. I needed a harem-hijinks series and I got one in a classical sense.
Just watch the graph as it peaks a new high. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 12:47   Link #791
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

There is more than meets the eyes, folks. This is what really makes IS unpredictably successful. It's right here.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1216

I'll redirect you guys to get into the link above in the general discussion thread.
Old 2011-04-07, 14:01   Link #792
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

I'm currently reading the partial translation of the light novels on Baka tsuki. Is there a better web site to read these light novels?
Old 2011-04-07, 14:54   Link #793
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I'm glad it's selling so well. While the anime had it's flaws and and bad points, after seeing it get a lot of needless bashing on this forum, it's nice to see that it's doing well.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 17:29   Link #794
Javiersansano

Stupid questions, worthy of a hardcore otaku

Spoiler for stupid question:
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 19:31   Link #795
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I'm glad it's selling so well. While the anime had it's flaws and and bad points, after seeing it get a lot of needless bashing on this forum, it's nice to see that it's doing well.
You know. No matter how bad the anime is, the result was turned out to be in the opposite of bad. Even boost the LN sales. Shocking isn't it?

Quote:

It was already discussed a several pages ago. You could try to find it. Otherwise go to the weapon and tech thread to look for answer.
Old 2011-04-07, 20:58   Link #796
Javiersansano

I know I'm going waaaay too back, but I remembered something from episode 3......it seems thta class four of 1 years have a pilot with a Personal IS...........is that some crap from the anime, or is it actually mentioned in the LN, and has it been explored in it?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 21:35   Link #797
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:

Speaking of stupid questions. Iv always wondered if there has bin an actual explanation on why Ichika can pilot IS? And was the incident with Ichika kidnapping during Chifuyu 2nd IS International Fighting Tournament, ever formly explained? were they just trying to sabotage Chifuyu´s victory or was there a bigger picture too it? like Ichika´s IS piloting ability? I havent read the LN and not really planning since im more of a manga kinda guy, but still like to hear spoilers from the LN to motivate me on future events. Just knowing can make you feeling alot better sometimes :P
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 21:56   Link #798
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Speaking of stupid questions. Iv always wondered if there has bin an actual explanation on why Ichika can pilot IS? And was the incident with Ichika kidnapping during Chifuyu 2nd IS International Fighting Tournament, ever formly explained? were they just trying to sabotage Chifuyu´s victory or was there a bigger picture too it?
My wild theory as a non-reader:

Spoiler:

So yeah, wild theory is wild... Unlike a lot of people in this thread, I only have a limited amount of info to formulate such a guess.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 22:06   Link #799
falcolobo
The Third Runner

To Wargumm1i.

Tabane wanted Houki to be happy, and thus wanted Ichika to be with Houki. So she had planned for an IS to look like it had reacted with Ichika via an "accident". The surprising thing was that he actually did activate it on his own. There are two theories that work with the right situation and plot, and the third just works.

1) Assuming that Chifuyuu was the White Knight (and as such the first IS pilot ever), than that means that her DNA must have been copied within the IS Core 001. Every IS core after that were just copies of that core (core 001). Thus the information of Chifuyuu's DNA was given to all of these cores. This explains why only women can use it (Chifuyuu's DNA was that of a woman's), and also why Ichikia can use it (because he is her sister and has nearly identical DNA).

This theory only works if we assume that Chifuyuu was the White Knight, and actually is Ichika's birth sister.

2) The second theory is a bit abstract, but I personally find it to be very interesting. Some one on these forums suspected that Tabane made the IS out of lonliness and nothing to do. So she tried to build a companion. The birth of the IS (also explains why IS evolve to match their pilots-they have their own artifical soul, complements of Tabane). Anyway the person who made this theory suspected that while Tabane was building the first IS Will they give us teh

she poured all of her wants of what a perfect companion would be, so the IS (having a soul of sorts) changed itself to fit her personality and wants into that first core 001. As I said earlier rest of the cores were copies of 001, so they all had Tabane's wants. No man could use it for it didn't fit Tabane's wishes. Obliviously Ichika can use an IS for he kind of is the "companion" of Tabane's wants per se (come on people he has a harem!). For those wondering why girls can use the IS, it's because all girls under the surface have the same wants, those with the most similar wants have a higher synch rate with the IS core.

3) He's just a girl.
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 22:12   Link #800
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
To Wargumm1i.

Tabane wanted Houki to be happy, and thus wanted Ichika to be with Houki. So she had planned for an IS to look like it had reacted with Ichika via an "accident". The surprising thing was that he actually did activate it on his own. There are two theories that work with the right situation and plot, and the third just works.

1) Assuming that Chifuyuu was the White Knight (and as such the first IS pilot ever), than that means that her DNA must have been copied within the IS Core 001. Every IS core after that were just copies of that core (core 001). Thus the information of Chifuyuu's DNA was given to all of these cores. This explains why only women can use it (Chifuyuu's DNA was that of a woman's), and also why Ichikia can use it (because he is her sister and has nearly identical DNA).

This theory only works if we assume that Chifuyuu was the White Knight, and actually is Ichika's birth sister.

2) The second theory is a bit abstract, but I personally find it to be very interesting. Some one on these forums suspected that Tabane made the IS out of lonliness and nothing to do. So she tried to build a companion. The birth of the IS (also explains why IS evolve to match their pilots-they have their own artifical soul, complements of Tabane). Anyway the person who made this theory suspected that while Tabane was building the first IS Will they give us teh

she poured all of her wants of what a perfect companion would be, so the IS (having a soul of sorts) changed itself to fit her personality and wants into that first core 001. As I said earlier rest of the cores were copies of 001, so they all had Tabane's wants. No man could use it for it didn't fit Tabane's wishes. Obliviously Ichika can use an IS for he kind of is the "companion" of Tabane's wants per se (come on people he has a harem!). For those wondering why girls can use the IS, it's because all girls under the surface have the same wants, those with the most similar wants have a higher synch rate with the IS core.

3) He's just a girl.
He's just a girl? Did your spelling go wrong or something?

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen