AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 4 4.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 27.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 13.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 8.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-01, 10:43   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana II, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-11-01, 13:06   Link #2
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
YES!! this episode is gonna have more wilhelmina can't wait!
Old 2007-11-01, 13:33   Link #3
ashlay
the red string of fate

Didn't expect the episode title would refer to Shana and Wilhelmina. 0_o

This entire thing was just wonderful. I'm always laughing at the ongoing subplot of Wilhelmina vs. food. (the 2nd commercial break image looks like something out of shana-tan ) But beyond that, all the interactions this week, from Shana and Wilhelmina, to Wilhelmina and Chigusa, to Ogata and Eita, just totally killed me. all of them were cute or touching or just hilarious to watch. I'm rather liking the perverse/odd senses of humor from the extra materials last season having a slightly larger influence on season 2.

oh, and seeing as how not only did the butler have a bracelet on his right wrist like Konoe, but they also made a visual note of it, it's got to be Hecate and Fecor using some sort of unrestricted method/hougu. -_- Can't wait for Sydonay eventually flying in out of nowhere in a few weeks and whisking Hecate away again.

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-11-01 at 13:46.
Old 2007-11-01, 13:44   Link #4
Algent

Spoiler for pics:

This episode seem to be very useless, but now we know for sure that the answer of this bad joke could be the bracelet (hougu ?).
Old 2007-11-01, 14:18   Link #5
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Hold up, Wilhelmina cooked up some garbage lettuce and it was actually good???

Must... find... raw...
Old 2007-11-01, 15:44   Link #6
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Guess I am not the only one thinks the bracelet is dodgy.
Old 2007-11-01, 16:31   Link #7
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

everytime a new episode is released, angels sing, lol, cant wait to watch tis one
Old 2007-11-01, 17:15   Link #8
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This episode is...
*breaths calmely* again another "development" or should I say, filler.
Again for starter: No, i'm not a "YuujiXShana" lover (as I can see they are the most compatible couple but i don't claim that thing much), not i'm a brainless action lover (since romance has a good part in this franchise, as S1 already proved it). But seriously, the series isn't taking off one bit in pace nor in content.

I felt very hurtful that the scripters are going into a "forced jealousy" situation for such show. Seriously, we already got both main girls (Shana and kazumi) having their jealous and rivalry periods. Heck, I think they were even more serious in S1 because Shana and Kazumi ACTUALLY compete for Yuuji, even though both of them obviously can't beat the advantages of their respective rival.
I know that Konoe/hecate has a eerie/mystical deep bound with Yuuji already, but the jealousy here is somewhat silly.
What is actually problematic is actually the lack of development for this forced situation as none of the "square" actors are progressing one bit.
Meanwhile, the first season was GREAT, because they WERE able to mix the main plot with the chemistry and developments of the characters. Even Kazumi wasn't that shafted despite her little-to-none role for the bal masqué arc.

In this regard, Yuuji is probably the worst: He KNOWS that Kazumi loves him (he even remembers about her confession in this season). However, he is CLUELESS why she isn't even eating with each other. Even Ike is fed up with this, but the good ol' Yuuji earned a EX rank for his "density" skill. it is completely scary how he is unable to comprehend such "hostile/angry" behaviour from Shana and "Distance" from Kazumi.

The situation didn't developed one bit. HECK, Eita and Matake are looking much more normal and they actually look like a conscenting awkward couple already. At this rate, even KeisakuXMargery will realized before the situation unstuck.

*sigh* vent off... But seriously, even without a real action from Konoe, the situation is desperate and I fail to expect anything high from the romance aspect of this episode.

That said, this episode earned a 6, better than last week because the "humor" and entertaining parts were actually working a bit (wilhelmina F-rank cooking skills)
However, they are taking the whole half of this episode, and it is weird to actually think that Sydonay is actually doing a job, while Bel Peol is plotting something already. (they actually hinted the butler... that's good, but not enough).
It is weird to actually think that "Yuuji, the lucky Reiji maigo Mystes" isn't even attacked yet. Oh well...

I don't expect any full "romance developing into a confession" episode, nor a "slay a whole tomogara army" episode either.
But... by the grace of Aiur... i would like to see the scripters to do something about the coherence of the script and the pace of the events. At this rate, they will absorb like 10 episodes on "konoe's arc" without much for later.
Old 2007-11-01, 17:28   Link #9
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
However, they are taking the whole half of this episode, and it is weird to actually think that Sydonay is actually doing a job, while Bel Peol is plotting something already. (they actually hinted the butler... that's good, but not enough).
It is weird to actually think that "Yuuji, the lucky Reiji maigo Mystes" isn't even attacked yet. Oh well...

At this rate, they will absorb like 10 episodes on "konoe's arc" without much for later.
The mysterious bracelet that caught people's attention the episode she appeared...
I haven't watched the episode yet, but the focus on the bracelet could be important. Of course, it could be something simple as them just wearing the same thing and the producers are pointing it out (like matching T-shirts).
This'd be more believable if the butler was younger...

I was surprised they are spending so much time on this, but then I raised my head and realized it has only been 3 episodes...

Well, I'm not bothering to continue guessing whether Fumina is Hecate or not. Just wait and see...

*sigh*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-01, 19:05   Link #10
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Loved this episode!

Spoiler for Comments:

Looking forward to the next episode
Old 2007-11-01, 19:26   Link #11
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I was surprised they are spending so much time on this, but then I raised my head and realized it has only been 3 episodes...
well, this really wasn't as much of a konoe-centered episode as the last 2 weeks.

still, I suppose she is the only real issue right now in terms of the "real plot", giving her a certain focus regardless of her screentime per episode...
Old 2007-11-01, 19:42   Link #12
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

For starters: I want to try Wilhelmina's roll cabbage.

On the episode: My guess is that the butler is...... Sydonay.

I loved the Eita and Matake scene, potential for development.

Can't wait for next episode: what does Margery have in store for the girls?
Old 2007-11-01, 22:12   Link #13
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Actually, IMO, just from the last few episodes. The butler was that mysterious guy that was talking to Bel Pole (sp?) and saying that the plan was in motion or something of that nature. So, this is my guess. The butler is him and Konoe is a clone made by him to capture Yuji.
Old 2007-11-01, 22:51   Link #14
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Actually, IMO, just from the last few episodes. The butler was that mysterious guy that was talking to Bel Pole (sp?) and saying that the plan was in motion or something of that nature. So, this is my guess. The butler is him and Konoe is a clone made by him to capture Yuji.
That would be Fecor, another ridiculously powerful Bal Masque Crimson Lord who has so far had absolutely nothing to do with the anime. 0_o
Old 2007-11-02, 00:04   Link #15
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for episode thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-02, 02:07   Link #16
anselfir
Style Über Alles

dont be so hard on animu yuji, since he is the centre of plot, and plot dictates his character insofar as his actions define plot. his obliviousness is necessary to faciliate a certain inept plot construction.
Old 2007-11-02, 07:52   Link #17
darktruth

But it's so hard to accept Yuji's density after it's been proven he CAN identify when a girl likes someone (e.g. Yukari Hirai in season 1) and it's been mentioned that he even remembers Yoshida's confession to him, yet he is still so oblivious to it.
Old 2007-11-02, 08:39   Link #18
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

I've just finished downloaded this episode. It seems like the opinions are very diversed for this one.

My wish for this episode is "I hope the story would progress faster!"
Old 2007-11-02, 12:43   Link #19
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Now thats what i call Food poisoning!
Old 2007-11-02, 12:56   Link #20
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Though many might complain that this episode can be better you also should remember that it can be worse as well, to prove that - you can always watch Zero No tsukaima 2 season to see how excatly JCC Staff can screw things up. Though Shakugan No shana might be at some points not all that pleasing, its still way WAY better than anything that ZnT 2 had to offer.
Closed Thread