AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 09:26   Link #381
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I dunno, I don't think he's ready for that yet. Some people are great solo pilots but crap leaders; I recall reading a blog post by an Army officer where he theorised that the reason USAF officers are weak in the whole leadership aspect is because compared to a butterbar 2nd Lt in the Army or Marine Corps, who is a platoon leader, and already has some responsibility, a USAF pilot only starts having people under his command when he's a Captain (his flight); other than that, he's only responsible for himself.

Contrast USMC doctrine, where every single officer has to complete The Basic School and Infantry Officers' Course.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 09:35   Link #382
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Yuuya can console and comfort Yui that's for a certain but as a replacement for YAMATO DAMASHII .... he still a japanese-american.
Unfogivable...
Fixed.
Never do that again.

I also agree with Wild Goose... a little.
He already showed (at least in the fanFic) a good amount of leadership capacity (while defending Yokohama base from
Spoiler for VN plot:
and after that he was leading some of the girls.
It's just that his way of doing things is too reckless, requiring a GREAT DEAL of skill for them to succeed. Not something realistic.

What i wanted to say is that he's a good leader, but being a leader holds his potential back.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:56   Link #383
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

At this point, Loop Shorogane is not a leader - he's a highly skilled pilot who is very good at fighting, less so on leadership, and will need a good dose of mentorings.

There's a similar scenario in the Looking Glass series: Eric Bergstresser starts out as a grunt pricate, and gets promoted to Sergeant after some heroics and most of his team getting killed. Then he gets promoted to 2LT and despite attending OCS, is woefully unpreprared for the realities of infantry leadership, which forces his CO to do a lot of hands on mentoring.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 10:56   Link #384
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Poor Code Geass x Muv Luv fanfic. Nobody is talking you.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:00   Link #385
tsunade666

^ I also review about that crossover work but its only 2 chapters and things will just start so there isn't much to talk (if you ask me)

then again that fic lack the strategy and tactics of Lulu. The author skips it when he do his trick though he present him as a good schemer but still it lacks more planning if you want to integrate the demon king lulu on muvluv.

I also agree that Shirogane doesn't really have much of a good leader material. He is more a lone warrior thrown into the array to kill them all. Just like what the prime minister did when Sakon took him together with Marimo to deal with the problem with Takaruga. He is lacking in terms of leadership when he decide to abandon the squad to kill the attackers thus resulting in Asagi and Hibiki being the only one to survive that attack. He is much better in doing lone mission without holding anyone back.

But that's just being reckless. Having a squad to lead will probably indeed hinder him but it will stop him from doing something reckless and it will also help others in their survivability.
Old 2012-10-30, 13:36   Link #386
John117xCortana

He did pretty well during the XM3 test.

Takeru would recognize Yuuya won't he ? He'd feel that his aura is familiar from his time in the Shiranui Second Phase 1.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 14:54   Link #387
tsunade666

^that dream sequence thing isn't even answered yet. I wonder what does that mean.

Plus isn't the superior detected Takeru as an anomaly when they are attacking the sadogashima hive. That mystery was also left an unanswered.
Old 2012-10-30, 16:04   Link #388
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^that dream sequence thing isn't even answered yet. I wonder what does that mean.

Plus isn't the superior detected Takeru as an anomaly when they are attacking the sadogashima hive. That mystery was also left an unanswered.
YES YES, MOAR FANFIC PLOTS!
THAT CANNOT END.
(it can... Meiya/Yuuhi or Marimo ending please. I also woudn't mind Kashiwagi or Yuuko... Damn too many waifus)

Spoiler for ending is:

Also... i noticed the women in his fic laught as in "Ahuhuhuhuh"... not that it's bad... it just feels... diferent. (I think it's the "A")
Old 2012-10-31, 02:56   Link #389
tsunade666

the only ending I see is the bittersweet stupid ending of alternative. They forget the memories of Takeur and Takeru's memories are also erased. Only Kasumi and Sensei remembers it though is what I would like to say but for ending.... bittersweet.

At some point in the fic. Its for certain that the girls are in DEEP in love with Takeru but that love can't be return because Takeru should be aware of it that after everything is over he will return. That is his goal and even if he promise Sumika that he will take her about christmas the only reply of Sumika to Takeru is "don't make promises that is impossible to fulfill" or along those lines. Sumika is well aware of Takeru's condition and she probably already regained her memories from the past look. Meaning she knows she is the reason why Takeru is still there.

For now, Takeru is focus on killing BETA that he forgot about the whole casualty conductor thing and the main reason for him becoming one. But at some point. IT will SURELY hit him again. Specially if the girls start doing aggressive attacks. For all I care and wish even if its sad. Takeru ...... doesn't have the right to have happiness at the BETA world. That is NOT HIS WORLD.

Receiving happiness and returning it. Love is mutual and are both way but .... well that will end. Specially in Takeru's case which is awful and sad because the people will forget about him. Specially now that he is the talk of town. Its much easier for the trick of the world to erase his existence in the world because they are thinking about him and know him. It will be sad for the girls if they continue this useless struggle. Its different from fighting BETA which have a different ending waiting.

The only ending waiting for Takeru in this beta world is death without any trace left behind except for the data's which will leave problem. Yuuko used a trick to make sure she remembers him by using a record data but for the world that has data of him but doesn't have memory. It will fill a gap or a hole that will be left forever happen. There are evidence that he exist but no one will remember. Well they aren't as twisted as Yuuko and an esper like Kasumi >_>

Just like what sensei said. Its useless to talk more. To normals like you
Old 2012-10-31, 03:36   Link #390
G147

@ Tsunade666, then what are your theories on Kasumi being at Takeru's original world. And after seeing how Unlimited and Alternative ended i don't think anyone should complain on the girls getting a happy ending with Takeru.

Last edited by G147; 2012-10-31 at 07:47.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 08:53   Link #391
tsunade666

I haven't played altered fable. Its not in english Kasumi together with Sumika and the twins Meiya and Yuuhi

True that the end of alternative is rather sad but that's cannon. For me if the girls manage to stay alive and the BETA is destroyed. That will be enough.,

The girls indeed deserved good ending but what about Takeru? his goal is to return home. Does he deserved to stay on a foreign world? His own Sumika from his original world not the altered world that is in brink of destruction thanks to his stupidity, is waiting for him.

Remember who Takeru is and where he really lives. His is not from the beta world.
Old 2012-10-31, 08:57   Link #392
John117xCortana

I have an idea on how Takeru goes. Everyone was at Yokohama base ( except Sumika, who died in the final assault on the main hive ). They are having a huge party in the PX. Everyone (66th Hunter, Total Eclipse cast ) was there including the Shogun. Then Takeru starts feeling weak. His cup falls to the floor and he collapses. Meiya manages to catch him before he hits the floor. They gently out him on the floor with his back leaning against the wall. Class Rep yells at the crowd telling them to get a doctor. But Takeru said it's pointless and holds up his left hand showing that it was fading...

They all beg him to hang in there and that help is coming. But Takeru says it's too late. And that it was his time. ( insert some line where he apologizes for leaving like this etc ) His final words would be

"My life was lived on a wheel that spun endlessly...but thanks to you all, it was..., a good life...a life worth living."

Yuuhi and Meiya desperately embrace Takeru hoping by some miracle he won't disappear. But he slowly fades until all their arms were feeling was the air.

Last edited by John117xCortana; 2012-10-31 at 10:59.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 09:01   Link #393
tsunade666

the fading away reminds me of the end of final fantasy 10. Titus x Yuuna.

If Sumika is dead by the hive attack then Takeru has a strong will to tie himself to the beta world that long before getting flushed out.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:20   Link #394
erakk
Damned Basterd

tsunade666, You don't need to utterly destroy my dreams... You know...
I agree, but i didn't want to.

After Alternative, i just want to believe (even if its less than 1%) on a reazonably happy ending. He suffered enough.
Old 2012-10-31, 10:30   Link #395
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by erakk View Post
tsunade666, You don't need to utterly destroy my dreams... You know...
I agree, but i didn't want to.

After Alternative, i just want to believe (even if its less than 1%) on a reazonably happy ending. He suffered enough.
IDTI IDTI IDTI

but truly indeed. He suffered enough. So its time to take a rest
Old 2012-10-31, 14:33   Link #396
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I don't think this has been posted yet.

I recall AMT asking for propaganda for Comet... well it's not quite there, but almost:

Inspired by this, I bring you this bit:

Spoiler for The U.N Network Presents::

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 16:08   Link #397
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

@tsunade666 Or is can happen Que in reality bending , universe shattering SRWish plot powered by getter ray , G stones, spiral energy, etc Bah throw in a Imagine breaker for extra over kill

Beta superior [ An Unknown ... Unidentified existence .... Dimensional nominally..]

Takeru : I 've waited for time.... This moment ..... (Gets Kamina shades) whether its impossible or laughable, I'll stake my existance in this fight!!If you are the F**king wall, i'll break you down if there no path, I'll make one with this hands, I''ll pierce the superiority with my fist , TIME TO SHATTER YOUR DAMN ILLUSION !!! ( Does a fist fight/brawl with a BETA Superioe in Astral time and space ) insert BGM Sorario Day POWER BY MASAAKI ENDOH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNFm7...eature=related

Last edited by kaizerknight01; 2012-10-31 at 16:29.
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 17:56   Link #398
tsunade666

Takeru will sugebu the superior throw in that gurren laggan to complete the glasses kamina courtesy by the crazy professor from srw. that has dimensional powers or something and has the same color as Sensei (I can't remember much about srw because I'm not much of a fan of mech)

Takeru will destroy the illusion of BETA invasion and end of humanity

but seriously speaking..... after all the fighting Takeru had done >_>

A bullet on his head will be a mercy that I can give him.

A tired and battered hero needs his rest .... you know

I hate the ending of alternative but I will give credit for the final mercy haven that the darn age author give to Takeru. A truly unsung hero.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:39   Link #399
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

OR He could Hop in a Variable (transformable) Senjutsuki that has infinite missile spam, uber maneuverability, speed , With his hax skill and Tengen Toppa moral power by true MUV LUV of Sumika, Meiya, Kasumi and rest of the Valkyries singing a melody does a solo hive infiltration missile spam the crap all the way to core ..

Spoiler for kind like this ^^:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 01:38   Link #400
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Lastly, this is all a moot point because A-01 does not take external transfers, but trains its own maggot pilot trainees. If they took external transfers, they would not have gone from wing strength (108 TSFs/pilots) to a single squadron (12 TSFs, Isumi's Valkyries), as they could have made good their losses from replacements. Inferences can be drawn that Yuuko wants pilots with no preconceptions or existing doctrine in their heads, so she can mould them the way she wants.

As Izumi has already been trained as a member of the Imperial Royal Guards, and has already been exposed to IRG doctrine, she is no longer a blank slate acceptable to A-01.
Hi there, Wild Goose. How are you today? I just wanted to drop in to let you know I've started reading the actually Muv-Luv trilogy recently and

BUH-BOOM.

That's me nuking your argument.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction, harem