AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-08-21, 09:31   Link #2221
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
On this day there's non-stop rain, and the streets on the way home might get flooded. But we really want to attend this event, so just hope for the best that the streets are not so flooded when it's time to head home.
You're a real trooper Liddo.

Camille's elf-girl cosplay looks familliar, but I can't place it.

I wonder how April kept her new giant panda dry on her way home.

Anjeline's cosplay is good as always, unfortunately I never watched K-ON.

Hello again Leny.

Karen looks rather pleased to be a blonde. Also, I'm glad she's become a regular cosplay co-reporter.

Looks like you had fun Liddo, thanks for yet another outstanding report.

Endless "Pandas everywhere" Soul
Old 2013-08-21, 22:21   Link #2222
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Endless

The threat of getting stranded in a flood is very real that day. Even today it's raining hard here, and classes are suspended in many areas. It's just that my mind is more focused that day on attending Otaku Expo, than the consequences of getting stranded.

Camille's character has a long name. Which is why I didn't remember.

April has panda of all sizes, she even has one pic where a panda is stealing milk tea.

About Anjeline, she planned to cosplay Mikasa (from SNK), but had a change of plans to cosplay as Yui again.

About Leny. Well, I usually find her in the shuffle magazine area if there's no maid cafe.. which reminds me, Forgot to buy new copies of Shuffle magazines last Sunday. ><

About Karen, we were looking for a Mayuyu MKIII wig, but none is available at that time. So we settled for something that looked similar to Tomochin's wig.

Yeah, it was a fun day. And we had a lucky escape from the floods.

To keep on topic on the thread, here's one more pic that I haven't posted.

I sort of became careless. Thought that she is Katherine (someone that I know), it turned out she's a different person - I apologized for the mistaken identity.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-08-21 at 23:03.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 22:29   Link #2223
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Very nice Yui Hirasawa cosplay. She was so pretty.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 22:38   Link #2224
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Julio C.

Thanks. I'll show your comment to Anjeline (Yui cosplayer). It's her birthday last Monday (August 19).
Old 2013-08-21, 23:02   Link #2225
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Great work Liddo-kun, you got a ton of great cosplays.
My favorites are Anjeline's Yui, Jana's Haruhi, Sabrina and Geline's cosplays, Karen's Ami, Allysa's Taiga, Megumi's Rikka, and Christine Madoka. ^_^
Old 2013-08-22, 09:02   Link #2226
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Palsa-san

Karen is not the Ami cosplayer - that's Eilene.

Ok, I'll show what you said to Anjeline, Allysa, and Sabrina. The others I'm not sure. Here's one more pic of Allysa, it's slightly different from the one that I posted on the previous page - she's very particular about how her name is spelled, double L and single S. I made a mistake last time, and got scolded. XD

Old 2013-08-22, 15:07   Link #2227
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@Palsa-san

Karen is not the Ami cosplayer - that's Eilene.

My bad, my web browser was eating up memory last night, so I was busy trying to get it respond while I wrote that.

Nice.
Old 2013-08-23, 13:35   Link #2228
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Went to Otaku Expo 2013 last Sunday,
All the cosplays were great... I like Rikka and that panda thing. They are really cute. Taiga's cosplay was great, though her tie was a bit too big.

I wonder what would you wish, if those Dragonballs were real. ;p
Btw, those prices are in what currency?
Old 2013-08-23, 16:43   Link #2229
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
More charge on the batteries.
Old 2013-08-24, 09:41   Link #2230
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
All the cosplays were great... I like Rikka and that panda thing. They are really cute. Taiga's cosplay was great, though her tie was a bit too big.

Btw, those prices are in what currency?
April (panda girl) and Allysa would be glad to hear that. I'll give them a link to what you said. Which Rikka cosplayer. the first Rikka or the one in the nekohaato group?

Well, you have to buy the dragonballs first. XD
The prices are in Philippine peso.

@Palsa-san

Using Energizer batteries have become a strain on the budget. I've now mostly switched to using Enerloop rechargable batteries. Anyone who knows a good rachargable battery brand, I would appreciate a pm or visitor message. Thanks!

Also today there's a small anime convention at a nearby mall, but I was unable to attend due to being at work. Sorry. ><

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And to keep on topic with posting cosplay pics. Here's another pic of Anjeline, it's slightly different from the one I've posted on the previous page. She plans to do a cosplay of a game character on September, at Best of Anime 2013.

Old 2013-08-25, 23:02   Link #2231
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I was also on that event and almost ended up stranded due to the torrential rain.
I've also seen Anjeline and had some pictures taken with her. (Unfortunately, they have yet to tag me. ) As always, Anjeline is stunning.

There are also some cosplayers, including one of Victorique@Gosick, a group Madoka cosplay, a plush=head Captain Komamura@Bleach, and several cosplayers of One Piece and Shingeki no Kyojin, the latter of which appears to be the favorite series to cosplay amongst the regulars lately.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 16:22   Link #2232
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

I was just looking around on DeviantART and stumbled on 0kasane0's gallery, her Beatrice cosplays are pretty epic. ^_^
Old 2013-09-23, 03:42   Link #2233
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Best of Anime 2013

Held at SMX Convention Center (Function rooms 3 and 4). This is a large anime convention. And has many special guests. We attended the last day which is September 15. Went with the usual preparation of having my bag almost completely empty except for a small notebook used for taking cosplayer's names (and of course money to buy ticket and souvenirs )

Without any futher delays here are the pics:

Kinomoto Sakura cosplay by Renka-chan. We met her at the hallway of the second floor.

Time to buy some tickets.

Entrance to the function room.

Went inside the function room.

And we see someone familiar inside.. the Mogu Mogu mascot! There were two of them last time at Oh No Manga convention. Maybe the other one got eaten? Just kidding. Mogu Mogu tastes good. ",)

Rikka Takanashi cosplay by Rebecca. We found her at the far end of the function room, along with some other cosplayers.

. .

Kyoko (from Madoka Magica)

. .

Aeris (from FF7)

Exploring the area, and looking at the shops. Panda eyemasks, pokemon earrings, and many more.

. . .

Calypso Posh booth, they sell some cute stuff here. Name of the booth girl is Nissi, and she's cosplaying as Sonia nevermind from Dangan Ronpa 2.

We found a booth that sells pink hoods similar to what Sonata (fom AKB0048) wears. Karen tried one out. ^^

In every con, there's always a Gundam area.

Saw two Inu x Boku cosplayers while continuing to explore the shops. Yanna cosplaying as Ririchiyo Shirakiin and Alyss as Karuto Roromiya.

After taking a few steps from the Inu x Boku cosplayers, we saw a booth selling japanese rice. The boothgirls are Nikki and Arianne. They are super nice to talk to, and they also gave us free onigiri.

Sashanishiki japanese rice

. . .

Fujifilm mascot, can't resist not to take a pic with the square yellow cam.

Pic with one more mascot.

Starmarie (スターマリー・すたーまりー)

Didn't realize exactly how it happened, but maybe due to some sounds coming from the stage. I realized that the jpop idol group Starmarie is starting their performance. Ran off to the stage.. but even though I ran, there are others there before me, and I could only stand at the back. No seat left.

Sharing the videos that I took. I apologize for the shakiness. Could not focus well, because I was mostly on tiptoe while taking the vids.

Anyway, they're amazing. It's my first time to be able to watch live, a real jpop idol group.

Checked my cellphone for text messages after watching the performance. Two of my friends are outside in the hallway. In front of Function Room 4.

Back to hallway of 2nd floor.

There are as many cosplayers outside as there are inside.

Shirou-chan cosplaying as Alice, dollhearts version. Probably one of the best Alice cosplays I've seen.

Reached the front of function room 4.

Both of my friends are crossplaying as male characters. Tiana as Kuroko from Kuroko no Basuke. And Aimee as Sasuke. I didn't know why they decided to crossplay, but it turned out nice.

. . .

The silent man. He's a "recurring" characater, in the sense that I often see someone like him at cons. Not sure if same one because he's always masked and never talks. This time he gave his cam, and asked me by hand signals to take a pic of him.

Marie cosplaying as Karin from Kamichama Karin

Went back inside the function room.

Want some souvenirs?

Sarah crossplaying as Death the Kid from Soul Eater. And her friend Jewel is doing a costrip.

Drawing area

Ann as Chihiro Fujisaki from Dangan Ronpa. She's another one of the booth girls at Calypso Posh.

Mogu Mogu area. We tasted some samples, and they're good.

. .

People assembling model kits at the gundam area.

Walked a bit more mong the booths, and saw another person that I know.

My friend Anjeline cosplaying as Irene from Dragon Nest. Actually, she's cosplaying for the Dragon Nest booth. She got the job just recently.

. . .

And as an added bonus. Here's a pic of Anjeline taken a week before the con, with her stuff toy Bear-kun.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yomi as Hungary from Hetalia. The pics may look similar, but on one she's holding a ladle, and on the other she's holding frying pan.

Cute tissue holders from Curls and Twirls. :3

Met one more friend. Eilene working as one of the booth girls at Vogue Royal Cosplay. This cosplay shop has plenty of costumes and accessories for your cosplay needs.

Mary Anne cosplaying as Saber, she also works at Vogue Royal Cosplay.

Aj cosplaying a verion of Miku

Reimu Hakurei doll on display at the figurines area.

It's now late afternoon. And I'm beginning to feel a little tired - and thirsty. I asked my companions if they would like to rest for snack. Karen (AKB cosplayer) and Michelle (maid cosplayer) said they're still ok. Ok then, let's keep going.

Received a text message. Yuki is outside.

Went out to the hallway of second floor.

Yuki, she works at Otakuzine Anime Magazine. She's not cosplaying any particular character today. Just doing a costrip. ",)

Rose cosplaying as Sorceress from League of Legends

Camille and her "husband" Ghost Rider.

Karen likes to take a pic with this robot guy. Like the silent man cosplayer we met earlier, this robot doesn't talk a single word. o-o

Thirsty, so we went back inside the function room to get some snacks and refreshments

Inside the function room.

Surprised to see that Fuji camera has turned blue!

Passed by the game area.

Jenna Marie. She's a sister of Sakura-chan, a cosplayer that I know. Sakura-chan isn't around though. Took pic of the little sis, with permission from the mom of course.

Ah, reached the refreshments area at last. Lined up for some cold drinks and burger steak. It's a small world, I met another friend while lining up for the food. @_@

My friend Sabrina cosplaying as Machi from Hunter x Hunter.

Recharged after taking a cool drink!
It's almost evening at this point. Well, time to explore a little more while we still have time.

Ian cosplaying as Sakiko Awaji from Ib. She told me that Ib is a game.

K-On cosplayers (Kimono version).

I wonder how many people drank these to get pics of Alodia and Ashley?

Milhi from Dog Days. Cosplay by Rayven

Orochimaru cosplay by Ayah. That smile. o-o

Met another one of my friends. Miku cosplay by Nikki Sabado.

Spoiler:

Saint Benilde Booth. They give pamphlets for promoting their school, and they also invite people to test the games that their students created.

. .

A band playing on stage. The action never stops on BoA 2013.

It's already evening, I guess it's time we got some Otakuzine comics as souvenirs.

Pockey area. So many varieties of pockey can be bought here. There are some kinds that I haven't seen before.

Anime themed clocks. I plan to buy one if I see this store again on another con.

And some more cosplayers.

. . .

Cosplay Competition

Sorry, due to tiredness. I was unable to take good pics of the competition. There's a good Daimos cosplayer, and a short funny moment when they put the wrong background music on the person cosplaying as Light Yagami - the background music when he entered the stage is Hello Kitty. *-*

Myrtel Sarossa - she's one of the judges on the cosplay competition.

Oh no, it's past 7 pm already. Don't want to go home yet. -______-
Unfortunately, we can't even finish watching the cosplay competition because we have to go home..

Taking some last pics before going home.

Taiga cosplay by Yari. Convention isn't complete without seeing someone cosplaying as the palmtop tiger.

One last visit to the dolls and figurines area. Reimu is now wearing pajama, because it's already nighttime.

Karen and Michelle taking one last pic with Doraemon.

Long snake

Some more last pics. The hallways are brightly lighted in the evening.

. .

Sam Fujin cosplaying as Inori from Guilty Crown

Her teddy looks sad. ;_;

First floor of SMX Convention Center

Last souvenir pics.

Well, it was fun. Goodbye BoA 2013, and hoping to attend BoA 2014. ",)

Pic taken after getting home.

These are some simple souvenirs that I got at the convention. An issue of Otakuzine. A box of chocolate Collon from Karen. And a panda item that I bought from one of the shops.

Ok, that's all. My next "report" would probably be about Cosmania 2013, happening next month. Just a few weeks away from now. Thank you for reading. ",)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-09-24 at 02:17.
Old 2013-09-23, 04:04   Link #2234
HasuMasu
*Artist

I went on the first day; were Alodia and Ashley not there on the second?

I'd have liked to go on the second day; if only to see Myrtle's Kurumi.

The InuXBoku girls were also there on the first day; Ririchiyo was funny.

That's a great Rikka; I'd have liked to take a picture myself.

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2013-09-23 at 04:17.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 04:16   Link #2235
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Myrtle also cosplayed as Yoshino (Yoshinon included).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 05:03   Link #2236
HasuMasu
*Artist

Yeah; she looked great as Yoshino, though she's a bit tall so I thought it was kind of funny.

I'm glad I didn't have to buy any Wheatgrass to get a picture with her.
Old 2013-09-23, 13:42   Link #2237
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

A bit short, since I'm typing this before going to work.

A lot of great cosplayers again. I really loved how Rebecca fit great in Rikka's cosplay. Anne's Saber was cute, but the best one for me was Yari's Taiga cosplay. ^^

As for the stuff, I kinda find that Reimu doll a bit creepy...
Old 2013-09-23, 21:43   Link #2238
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Great cosplays, awesome work Liddo-kun. ^_^
For some reason none of the thumbnails showed up for anything between the YouTubes and the bonus picture of Anjeline; but I managed to view them via quote.
Old 2013-09-23, 22:10   Link #2239
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Tsundere Louise

I guess your favorite would always be the tsundere types.

@Palsa-san

Glad you liked them. Hmm, I checked with Internet Explorer and Firefox.. the thumbnails show up just fine. What browser are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
I went on the first day; were Alodia and Ashley not there on the second?
Didn't notice if they were there or not.
We were inside the function room most of the time.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-09-24 at 02:23.
Old 2013-09-24, 03:24   Link #2240
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@Liddo-kun
Nice report as usual.

Two thumbs up for your friend Anjeline. Beautiful as always...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosplay, photo