AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 3 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 19.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 23.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 4.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-24, 18:28   Link #21
novalysis

Personally, I love the two songs of Guilty Kiss released so far. I think they are that one sub-unit that is closest to Saint Snow in skill, style and genre, and to me, they are one of the most unique parts of Aqours that distinguishes them from Muse.

This episode on the other hand, were full of sloppy holes that gives me the impression the scriptwriters threw together a ram-shackled plot at the last minute. Two especially egregious holes:

1. Wait a moment, why doesn't Riko immediately step in when those three girls wanted to join the club, by explaining that the Love Live competition does not allow more competitors to be added in after registration? Indeed, shouldn't have Dia, the walking encyclopedia of Love Live interjected there?

2. The sudden shift of Aqours from their uniforms to costumes during the closing performance, is extremely jarring.

Anyway, I'm going to quickly pump out a theory: the three girls who wanted to join the Idol Club, will actually allow for the creation of sub-units within the anime, because they will join in as support-staff formally. One likely reason why Subunits haven't shown up so far is plausibility: three sub units greatly increases the burden of choreography, costume design, songwriting and composition requirements. But if Aqours manages to acquire a supporting cast of non-performing helpers on a permanent basis, then the additional manpower can help overcome sone of the logistic constraints that make Subunits difficult to justify in anime.

Last edited by novalysis; 2016-09-24 at 18:49.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 18:46   Link #22
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I can see that happen, Nova. Sub-unit competitions would be something new to the competition.
And I agree with you about Guilty Kiss. They're my favorite unit and i I can see them beat Saint Snow on their own if they went at it.
They are not BiBi 2.0. If people want to make comparisons, they're more like Soldier Game than anything else.
Range, Power, Attitude, and Beauty.

Aqours as an overall singing group sounds better than Muse. This is a bold statement, but I'm not taking it back because it's true.
Favoritism will try to block the ears and mind, but music doesn't lie. (Example: I really hate Bieber, but when I heard "Company", I bopped my head to it. I still do. )
Maybe it's because Lantis/Sunrise didn't expect LL to blow up the way it did and decided if they got another crack at it, they would aim for stronger vocalist.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-09-24 at 18:57.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 19:29   Link #23
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
1. Wait a moment, why doesn't Riko immediately step in when those three girls wanted to join the club, by explaining that the Love Live competition does not allow more competitors to be added in after registration? Indeed, shouldn't have Dia, the walking encyclopedia of Love Live interjected there?
Because she missed the right timing to bring it up which is admittedly a bad reason, but a reason nonetheless. As for Dia, she's not omniscient and is mostly knowledgable about Muse and general LL stats. And the same bad reason might have applied to her as well. Either way whoever scripted this situation added an uneccessary obstacle that didn't need to be there if they simply wanted an excuse for the whole school to come cheer them on. They could have just, y'know, come cheer them on anyway. Which is what they did. So personally I'm 50/50 on this. Coulda been done better, but hey it still gave nice togetherness vibes in the end so meh.

Quote:
2. The sudden shift of Aqours from their uniforms to costumes during the closing performance, is extremely jarring.
I set up a huge wall of suspension of disbelief, but I still have to mildly agree. And this is not the only thing. The school students ran around the stadium and got near the stage despite them haivng mentioned that this isn't allowed. Furthermore, Shiitake is there. JP people have commented that anime logic or not, pets are forbidden, and "disrupting" the concert like that is also forbidden. Those are very basic rules and is common knowledge when it comes to any kind of live/concert.
Old 2016-09-24, 19:31   Link #24
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
They are not BiBi 2.0. If people want to make comparisons, they're more like Soldier Game than anything else.
Range, Power, Attitude, and Beauty.
Not even close because Guilty Kiss is more JRock than anything. It is more close to Saint Snow for sure, which is also Rock base (think Baby Metal). Guilty Kiss is really nothing like any Muse or Aqours.

I love Riko, but i am not a fan of Pop/Rock fusion unless it is predominately Rock like B'z (my favorite Japanese band) or most of the western Rock bands.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 19:36   Link #25
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I'll agree with Guilty Kiss being unique and nothing like anything else we've seen in LL, but they do have those qualities I listed as an overall group.
Old 2016-09-24, 19:39   Link #26
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I'll agree with Guilty Kiss being unique and nothing like anything else we've seen in LL, but they do have those qualities I listed as an overall group.
Sorry, but their range and power is still nowhere close to what Umi can dish out. Think Anone Ganbare! then go listen to My Little Pony Tomodachi wa Mahou lol
Old 2016-09-24, 19:54   Link #27
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I don't know about that. I love Umi's voice, but if you're going by that than Aikyan has far more range than Mimorin.

Mimorin mainly sings in her lovely low tone and that's great, but Aikyan is a more versatile singer. She can go high, low, in-between and improvise with great word emphasis to make her vocals sound clean and stylish. She has a natural flair for dramatics in her voice that could lead to a breakout career beyond LL.

Just listen to her short singing part in "Mijuku Dreamer". Ask yourself this: Can Mimorin do that?

There's a reason why she along with King are in charge of making sure everyone's voices sound good together.
It's also why she was a recording artist (like Nanjo) before voice acting and did ED songs before LL.

Ainya is no pushover either. She just needs more experience.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-09-24 at 20:04.
Old 2016-09-24, 20:08   Link #28
Pen3

A recording artist like Nanjo? What did she do out of the anime industry? As far as i can recall, she did one song for Queens Blade and one for Freezing. I guess that is more than Nanjo or Mimorin who has a 3rd album.
Old 2016-09-24, 20:11   Link #29
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Those 2 for now, but she was discovered as a solo artist first and that shouldn't be a knock to ignore her vocal range. Pen, you can say all that, but you're still skirting away from the most important thing, the versatility conversation. You're throwing out numbers because your desperate to prove a point.
That still doesn't take away from Aikyan's skill.

I know you're bias so this will be my last response cuz I know you'll get nuclear if we continue this.
You're negative 99.9% of the time and you wonder why people rarely response back to you. It's because you're too salty and you're not aware of it.
Just read back at your older post and you'll see it. I'm not mocking you, this is just an observation.
Old 2016-09-24, 20:34   Link #30
Pen3

Maybe because there are enough praises going out already and i see no point in repeating them. I have already made my positive post about Sunshine and what i though they improved over the original. My thoughts about how they handled the drama, characters and story telling haven't changed as the story progressed, but the new material, such as music seems to be getting a worst impression. In case you forgot, the only problem i had was the of the overacting in early episodes and the music in general, but everything else was done better than the original.

As for Aika, I am not saying that she is bad at all, but i don't think she is on or above the caliber of Nanjo and Mimo as you seem to think. Either ways i am done with this topic.

Last edited by Pen3; 2016-09-24 at 20:44.
Old 2016-09-24, 20:41   Link #31
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Looks like Aqours has turned a zero into one with their live performance! On the other hand, looks like Lantis didn't use the first two singles, but hey at least they're doing more songs for Aqours' First Live!

In any case, this is one of the best shows I've ever seen and it makes me invest more of the characters that the previous seasons within the Love Live! franchise. Of course, Sunrise will do it better once Season 2 is announced!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 20:48   Link #32
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
You know they got disqualified for the shit Chika pulled!
It'd be amusing if the next season starts with Chika praising them for the good performance in the prelims, even audience thought so because they got the most votes.
Then, she nonchalantly adds, its a shame the organizers disqualified them for the antics anyway. But they weren't banned from participating again, so full steam ahead!
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 20:50   Link #33
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Since I don't want to get into this argument (Anyone who knows me knows my stance on the argument), I'll just add in my own point on Aqours music which I think I partially stated in my initial post.

As I said, I had my first chance to listen to Aqours first tracks in SIF around April or so. I know everyone almost constantly sings Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai's praises and Aqours Heroes too...but when I had my first listen my first thought was that I wanted this group to be different from Muse...but the songs reminded me too much of Muse. I found the songs impossible to actually enjoy as an Aqours song, and this lasted for a very long time. When the Anime started coming out with Inserts I started to give the music another chance, and while stuff like Daisuki Dattara Daijoubu were still very muse-ish in nature I finally felt a unique 'soul' behind the music. Then songs like Yume de Yozora o Terashitai and Mijuku Dreamer came out and I think you get where I'm going with this. They seem like songs Muse would rarely ever perform, so I started to listen to tracks I hadn't yet listened to, including all of the sub-groups yet...and man was I pleasantly surprised.

That said, I know its an unpopular opinion, but I do like Aqours inserts much better than the pre-anime songs, except for a few sub-unit songs. And the majority of which I feel I enjoy better than Muse.
Old 2016-09-24, 20:59   Link #34
Pen3

I think the reason why i love Azalea, but did not like Guilty Kiss at all, even though Riko is my favorite SS character is because i am a huge fan of B'z. I have been following B'z since the early 90s and that is what i believe JRock should thrive to be. B'z is very much 80-90s style of Rock music and anything else is just blasphemy to me. The Pop/Rock fusion you have with Baby Metal is what i hated and it wasn't a surprised that i didn't like Guilty Kiss either. I am not saying they are bad or not talented, but it is just not my style. Maybe I am just salty? I do know that Baby Metal is very popular and B'z is very old school that i believe a majority of the people here never even heard of them. I have the same feelings towards old 90s rap like NWA compared to the Pop/Rap fusion of today.
Old 2016-09-24, 23:46   Link #35
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Torikoriko PLEASE!! = Guilty Night, Guilty Kiss! >= Tokimeki Bunruigaku > Yozora wa Nandemo Shitteru no? > Strawberry Trapper > Genki Zenkai DAY! DAY! DAY!
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 23:47   Link #36
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

I love Sunshine, I love the cast, I love their songs especially those debuted in the anime (much better than sub-unit songs or that aquarium IMO), but I dont like the final ep especially the looooong recap! Ugh...

Anyway even though final ep is not as great as previous eps, overall I still prefer Sunshine than original.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 00:03   Link #37
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

I actually loved this style of recap. It was really well done imo. Dance choreography is seriously underrated.
As for music.. Well I disliked most of the music from the first anime, so nothing new here. I never understood Snow Halation's popularity and still don't so my taste is weird c:
CYaRon is my favorite subunit. I know there's a hype around Guilty Kiss but I honestly prefer both of CYaRon's songs over Strawberry Trapper. If I wanted pop-rock I have other sources.
Old 2016-09-25, 00:04   Link #38
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Maybe I am just salty? I do know that Baby Metal is very popular and B'z is very old school that i believe a majority of the people here never even heard of them. I have the same feelings towards old 90s rap like NWA compared to the Pop/Rap fusion of today.
I'll be blunt and go off-topic. That is being biased (and salty). Your favourite band and style of yesteryear has been forgotten and the music of this generation is tripe and you believe that fans these day have shit taste. That's essentially what I'm getting every time when you don't think Aqour's songs aren't as good as μ's. It's not a matter if the song is good, it's a bias you have that just makes you instantly not like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTerror View Post
I never understood Snow Halation's popularity and still don't so my taste is weird c:
It's popularity stems from the live performances. I'm not big into Snow Halation as a song, but having been at a live concert and when the moment the lights change from white to orange is the moment a lot of fans live for and why it's so popular.
Old 2016-09-25, 00:34   Link #39
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
I'll be blunt and go off-topic. That is being biased (and salty). Your favourite band and style of yesteryear has been forgotten and the music of this generation is tripe and you believe that fans these day have shit taste. That's essentially what I'm getting every time when you don't think Aqour's songs aren't as good as μ's. It's not a matter if the song is good, it's a bias you have that just makes you instantly not like it.
That is fine then, i was just not sure what he meant by me being salty. But i would have to disagree that i automatically dislike a song just because it is by a different band, it is just if the song is in a style that i don't like. You guys are making it sound like i hate all of Aqours songs when i actually like half of them, it just happens to be songs that aren't anime inserts. I wouldn't be surprised if Step! Zero to One, Heroes and Torikoriko PLEASE are in my top 15 LL songs of all time. I've also stated that the story writing, characterization and animation is better than the original show, isn't that what Anime is all about anyways? No idea what the 99.99% negative feedback comes from besides me not liking most f the insert songs.

If B'z start singing pop songs to gain younger fans then i would have a different opinion for sure.

Last edited by Pen3; 2016-09-25 at 00:45.
Old 2016-09-25, 00:48   Link #40
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

If it's any consolation, I know about B'z from Detective Conan. It's an amazing group and even though its time may have passed, it is in no way forgotten.