AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-05-13, 04:05   Link #61
Kirayuki

The OP anime will be done by Studio 3Hz, this will be Falcom first game that hired a real anime studio to make the OP movie.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 23:37   Link #62
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I can't help but to laugh when I see the term "Orbal Network".
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 06:16   Link #63
Iron Maw
Banned

^Gotta lure the Kiseki fans somehow (besides the Kloe lookalike).

Famitsu stuff:
http://a.pomf.se/xdyasb.jpg
http://a.pomf.se/xdyasb.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I know it's not very likely at this point since the promo images seem to show all the main playable characters already, but..... with some of the high schooler archetypes already shown in the cast, I sorta hope that we get the burly hot-blooded jock (or better yet, a banchou) as a playable character. Mainly because it would be a great opportunity for Falcom to parody Dogi, wall-bashing and all!
If the scans and the elemental types are anything to go by this is pretty much confirmed everyone playable. If the add anyone else, it will most be some who isn't attuned to any particular element.

Random thought: Am I the only one getting slight villain vibes from Kyouka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
The OP anime will be done by Studio 3Hz, this will be Falcom first game that hired a real anime studio to make the OP movie.
Oh really? So the Zero & Ao evolution OPs were done by the group the parts outsourced them too?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 08:26   Link #64
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Oh really? So the Zero & Ao evolution OPs were done by the group the parts outsourced them too?
Both Zero and Ao Evolution OP were done by Chara-Ani, which you can say it's actually the first time Chara-Ani handling the animation itself. Studio 3Hz is famous for being the anime studio of "Sora no Method", which was also their first debut

Speaking of which, I forgot that the upcoming Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution OP will be done by Gonzo so technically this one will be the first actually (release date on June, while Xanadu is on September)
Old 2015-05-17, 08:33   Link #65
Iron Maw
Banned

Ah cool thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with Studio 3Hz so this will be my first time seeing anything from them. I hope it's good. Kind of surprised it's not P.IG with how common they are when comes to game OP's.

Quote:
Speaking of which, I forgot that the upcoming Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution OP will be done by Gonzo so technically this one will be the first actually (release date on June, while Xanadu is on September)
...Is it strange that I keep forgetting that they are still around?
Old 2015-05-17, 08:38   Link #66
Kirayuki

No wonder you are not familiar, it's a new studio actually. The founder was Matsuka Yuichiro, a producer for Bandai Visual from Production I.G. He worked for animation studio Kinema Citrus as a director and then left to found Studio 3Hz in 2013. Sora no Method, which was their first debut itself aired on 2014 just recently (and it was actually quite good! so I expected a lot from them).

As of FC Evo I'm personally not gonna bother with it at least until the SC Evo comes out. Unlike Zero, FC can't really be played as standalone without SC. So yes, I sometimes forget it too
Old 2015-05-17, 09:56   Link #67
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
No wonder you are not familiar, it's a new studio actually. The founder was Matsuka Yuichiro, a producer for Bandai Visual from Production I.G. He worked for animation studio Kinema Citrus as a director and then left to found Studio 3Hz in 2013. Sora no Method, which was their first debut itself aired on 2014 just recently (and it was actually quite good! so I expected a lot from them).
So in a way PI.G is doing the OP after all!

If he brought a lot veteran staff over to Studio 3Hz with him, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if turned out well.

Quote:
As of FC Evo I'm personally not gonna bother with it at least until the SC Evo comes out. Unlike Zero, FC can't really be played as standalone without SC. So yes, I sometimes forget it too
To clarify I was referring to Gonzo not SnK FC.

I definitely agree that FC on it's own doesn't hold up very well. The pacing is mainly to blame for that.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-05-17 at 11:34.
Old 2015-05-17, 12:47   Link #68
Kirayuki

Oh my bad

Well, Gonzo is partially "dead" actually.
Old 2015-05-27, 04:55   Link #69
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The Soul Device is totally not Orbment, right?
Is Falcom running out of creativity or something?
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 05:36   Link #70
marvelB

^Maybe it's a bit similar, but since it looks like the party is restricted to one element per character (compared to multiple elements per character in the Kiseki titles), I'd hesitate to call it a straight-up ripoff. Not that I see any issue with a developer borrowing ideas from their earlier titles in the first place, though....

Edit: New character revealed. From his description, he comes pretty close to the banchou archetype I was talking about earlier (he isn't quite as burly as I envisioned, though....). And if we're gonna jump back to the subject on Falcom's lack of originality..... doesn't this guy basically look like a cross between Jusis and Tovar from the Sen series?

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-05-28 at 04:59.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 17:49   Link #71
marvelB

MC's childhood friends introduced.
Old 2015-06-09, 06:46   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tokyo Xanadu adds new character Marion

Quote:
Marion, voiced by Manami Numakura, uses a pair of wings as her weapon and has the wind attribute. She is 17 years old, a member of the popular idol group “SPiKA,” and is a bit of a devil in both looks and attitude. Armed with the skillful ability to sing, she is always getting into quarrels with her close friend and rival over who takes the center of SPiKA. Contrary to her easy-going appearance, she’s actually a hard worker. She puts her heart and soul into her idol work, and does not hide the fact that she’s an idol at school. She shows her true colors when she’s on her own, but if someone else sees this side of her, she gets defiant with them.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-11, 00:36   Link #73
Kirayuki

Idol!

Do You Xanadu ?
http://i.imgur.com/xK0kdZT.jpg
Old 2015-06-11, 18:19   Link #74
Iron Maw
Banned

Idols are everywhere in JRPG nowadays huh?

Well Rise Rion looks nice. Kinda hapy that went against my expectations and had even more characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The Soul Device is totally not Orbment, right?
Is Falcom running out of creativity or something?
Now that I have just reading up on it really is! Aside from the watch added to it.
Old 2015-06-11, 21:49   Link #75
Kirayuki

I swear she's giving me the "antagonist" vibe
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-06-24, 04:21   Link #76
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Help

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-24, 04:56   Link #77
Kirayuki

Towa is Falcom mascot now
Old 2015-06-24, 05:13   Link #78
marvelB

LOL, I was just going to post about that! Anyways, more details.

I wonder if this means that Kou is literally an AU version of Rean too, after all?
Old 2015-06-24, 10:59   Link #79
Kirayuki

Old 2015-06-24, 12:21   Link #80
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

In case anyone want bigger scans, my friend uploaded his scan here http://minus.com/mblNLQI0nT0L4E

I know I do because of Towa

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
falcom, ps vita, rpg