AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-07-14, 14:49   Link #41
ferthepoet

is the Fourth Chapter to be considered a prequel common to all 3 previous chapters, like if the events on the fourth chapter can be considered to have taken place on the past of the world despicted on each of the first 3 chapters?
ferthepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 15:16   Link #42
LostBlue
祭囃子

Take the 4th chapter as you will - is the answer.

[edit]
Maybe I shouldn't be as cryptic.
It may or may not. Just like the other chapters, this is one possiblity in the world of Higurashi.
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 15:43   Link #43
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferthepoet
is the Fourth Chapter to be considered a prequel common to all 3 previous chapters, like if the events on the fourth chapter can be considered to have taken place on the past of the world despicted on each of the first 3 chapters?
Think about the talks between Keiichi and Takano/Tomitake about the serial murder events, and Mion's talk about the dam war, etc. in the previous chapters. The important thing is for you to notice the similarities between the chapters: what remained constant throughout all of them?

Still, I guess there's no need to think too much about Himatsubushi-hen, since there won't be a Minagoroshi-hen anyway.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 18:56   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, i was just wondering..

Do you ever get to see the Akasaka's character design in the game at all? The main reason i ask is because in the fan book i've got, you don't see him.. its just a black shade around his character.
Old 2006-07-14, 19:42   Link #45
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Hmm, i was just wondering..

Do you ever get to see the Akasaka's character design in the game at all? The main reason i ask is because in the fan book i've got, you don't see him.. its just a black shade around his character.
Yes, he finally gets standing portraits in Minagoroshi-hen (pointlessly ). You can see him if you check the latest popularity vote, down at 9th place.
Old 2006-07-15, 15:59   Link #46
reptar300

i know this is the wrong thread but....

in the TIPS thread....what are tips because as i was reading it seemed as if they were translating the game (which i hope im right because my japanese is that of a child) ...are these just moments in the game or are these the game translated ?

uhh yeah im a newbie
reptar300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 20:12   Link #47
LostBlue
祭囃子

In the game inbetween every other cut-scene appears the TIPs.
These TIPs are information (support, or unsupported) that give you insight of certain elements in the story.

Many times they are written through a different person pt of view other than the main characters. They are there to help you solve the mystyery. It's up to you however to decided which TIPs are worth it's value.
Old 2006-07-25, 20:14   Link #48
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Yes, he finally gets standing portraits in Minagoroshi-hen (pointlessly ). You can see him if you check the latest popularity vote, down at 9th place.
what is this poll exactly? and why is Rena all the way down at 5?? I expected her to be 1 or 2... is she unpopular?

anyhow, i had an actual question:
do the character designs vary much from the games to the manga to the anime?
or did they make it a point of keeping the designs constant?
(i guess i'm thinking in terms of other game to anime series where the characters looked quite different)

ALSO, more importantly:

Can someone post the titles of all the chapters with the RED part of the word displayed?... as in the series title "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" or the chapter title "Tatarigoroshi-hen"
They do put a part of each chapter title in red, too... right? i'm not just making that up, am i?
is this relevant?

Last edited by lommm; 2006-07-27 at 06:01.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 23:49   Link #49
[ ]

Send a message via ICQ to [ ] Send a message via AIM to [ ]
Intro Flowers?

I know I read this somewhere.. or maybe it was pointed out in the fansubs at some point in time.. but what are the flowers that are falling in the intro? I know they exists but I just can't think of their name...

Any input would be GREAT!
---
[ ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 13:20   Link #50
laxxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
If you want to play the game, BUY it and play through it with a Japanese dictionary on hand. Besides, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni isn't that expensive like an ero-game or consumer game anyway. If you can spare 1500 yen (plus shipping) you can get the whole question arc (Onikakushi-hen~Himatsubushi-hen) in one disc. And if you can spare another 1000 yen (plus shipping), you can get the answer arc that is out right now (Meakashi-hen~Minagoroshi-hen) in one disc as well.
I wonder, what would be a good source to buy these outside of Japan (e.g. in the US)? Would anyone care to provide links?
I can't find any on cdjapan or amazon.co.jp, or perhaps I am not looking in the right place.

Also, do these require Japanese Windows?
laxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 15:15   Link #51
[ ]

Himeyashop.com has lots of Dojin stuff, inclusive Higurashi, however their shipping prices are enourmous, so unless you're doing a bigger order its usually not completely worthwhile. Also: I've heard a horror story about one of their shipments but that may just be a one time thing and the mail's fault.

As for your question concerning japanese windows:
Depends entirely on your version of windows. With XP, 2000, NT and ME you can download language packs directly from windows update that inlude japanese text support. Then just set your system language to japanese before you start playing and all the text would show up fine.
Otherwise the game will run but you wont be ablr to see any text... kind of pointless to play higurashi without text tho..

I keep wanting to order but my japanese is essentially nonexistant.. so looking up every single word would be quite problematic. I would love to see the translation project go ahead, if they do it like the touhou translations and require ownership of the original, but provide a patch thatll work with that ^^
Old 2006-07-30, 15:48   Link #52
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
what is this poll exactly? and why is Rena all the way down at 5?? I expected her to be 1 or 2... is she unpopular?
It's just as I said, a popularity vote: official/non-official votes that take place for a certain periods of time that allow people to vote for their favorite characters over the internet.

That particular vote was the 4th official Higurashi popularity vote held on the game's official site (07th Storming Party), and took place between March 28th - April 8th 2006.

Rena used to be on top, back during the 1st popularity vote. But by the time Tatarigoroshi-hen came out, the spotlight has shifted to Mion, Keiichi and Satoko. By the time Meakashi and Tsumihoroboshi-hen came out, Keiichi and Mion was pushed up to become the top two (to be fair, since Tsumihoroboshi-hen is Rena's story, she did manage to climb up from 4th in the 2nd pop. vote to 3rd in the 3rd pop. vote). In Minagoroshi-hen, everyone pretty much got an important role (especially Keiichi). In comparison, Rena sort of fell back to being a support character again, and so it was reflected in the 4th popularity vote.

Quote:
anyhow, i had an actual question:
do the character designs vary much from the games to the manga to the anime?
or did they make it a point of keeping the designs constant?
(i guess i'm thinking in terms of other game to anime series where the characters looked quite different)
The design itself didn't change, but the art style is greatly different between the 3 media. Those character portraits you see in the popularity vote page are the official character arts used in the game.

Quote:
ALSO, more importantly:

Can someone post the titles of all the chapters with the RED part of the word displayed?... as in the series title "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" or the chapter title "Tatarigoroshi-hen"
They do put a part of each chapter title in red, too... right? i'm not just making that up, am i?
is this relevant?
No, the chapter titles do not have reds in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ ]
I know I read this somewhere.. or maybe it was pointed out in the fansubs at some point in time.. but what are the flowers that are falling in the intro? I know they exists but I just can't think of their name...

Any input would be GREAT!
---
Some say they are pomegranates flowers, but it's not certain. I think the important thing is that they're falling. Falling flowers usually represent death (as is candle fires dying out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxxy
I wonder, what would be a good source to buy these outside of Japan (e.g. in the US)? Would anyone care to provide links?
I can't find any on cdjapan or amazon.co.jp, or perhaps I am not looking in the right place.

Also, do these require Japanese Windows?
Himeya has them. They may be a little expensive compared to others, but I haven't had any problems with them.

Palet Mail has them for cheaper, but their order process is a little more complicated.

You don't need the JP version of windows, but you do need to have Japanese language support (downloadable from microsoft's site). You may also need to set your system language/region settings to Japanese.
Old 2006-07-30, 22:57   Link #53
Selic

*Is confused*

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai is what arc(s) exactly? Is it just the first answer arc?

On the same note, the game in the following link

http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=9900000423

Is just the first question arc, right?

X_X
Selic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 00:45   Link #54
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selic
*Is confused*

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai is what arc(s) exactly? Is it just the first answer arc?

On the same note, the game in the following link

http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=9900000423

Is just the first question arc, right?

X_X
Kai (解, solve/answer) is the general name used to refer to the answer chapters of the game.

The "question" chapters (Higurashi no Naku Koroni) are:
- Onikakushi-hen
- Watanagashi-hen
- Tatarigoroshi-hen
- Himatsubushi-hen

The "answer" chapters (Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai) are:
- Meakashi-hen
- Tsumihoroboshi-hen
- Minagoroshi-hen
- Matsuribayashi-hen

Refer to kj's post here for the game's past releases and packagings:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...93&postcount=7

Remember, the latest disk for each arc will always contain the latest chapter PLUS all previous chapters in the arc. The paletweb link you gave was for the Himatsubushi-hen disk, which contains all 4 question arc chapters.

The current latest "answer" chapter is Minagoroshi-hen (released on 12/30/05), which contains itself + Meakashi and Tsumihoroboshi-hen. The next and final chapter will be released at Comiket70 on August 13th. It will contain Matsuribayashi-hen, the concluding chapter of the game, as well as all the previous answer chapters.

I hope that's clear enough.
Old 2006-07-31, 11:30   Link #55
Selic

I knew that each new chapter had the previous ones, but the names of the disc just confused me. Thanks
Selic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 18:18   Link #56
[ ]

Thanks for the info on the flowers Sushi-Y~! ^_^

Quote:
No, the chapter titles do not have reds in them.

I think he's referring to the red titles in the Anime..
Old 2006-07-31, 18:43   Link #57
LostBlue
祭囃子

ah, well... all the Higurashi Chapter Titles follow this pattern:
(Kanji 1)(Kanji 2)(shi / し)
1) 鬼隠し Onikakushi
2) 綿流し Watanagashi
3) 祟殺し Tatarigoroshi
4) 暇潰し Himatsubushi
5) 目明し Meakashi
6) 罪滅し Tsumihoroboshi

7) 皆殺し Minagoroshi
8) 祭囃し Matsuribayashi

*) 鬼曝し Onisarashi (Kinda like a Tatarigoroshi followup)
*) 猫騙し Nekodamashi (I heard it's focused on the comedy - haven't read it)
*) 宵越し Yoigoshi (Takes place in present day Hinamizawa to replace Minagoroshi hen for its manga counter-part)

The first 8 are the Sound Novel Series. The * ones are extra chapters found in Manga format. Only the first 6 will be animated. So far the anime has always made the second kanji in red. Does it have any significance? Probably not as the Sound Novel does not follow this pattern. I also do not know what importance the red in ひぐらしのく頃に besides Ryukishi 07 stressing it is an integral part of the title.
Old 2006-07-31, 22:45   Link #58
Keriaku
Thought Being

This series is making me want to buy the question and answer chapters just incase I ever learn japanese or a translation patch is released. This game might be the reason I learn japanese... Though I'll definatly be spoiled for the last two chapters by the time I get to play them.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 23:38   Link #59
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
*) 宵越し Yoigoshi (Takes place in present day Hinamizawa to replace Minagoroshi hen for its manga counter-part)
It doesn't *replace* Minagoroshi-hen per se. It's simply another "side story" like Onisarashi-hen. A Minagoroshi-hen manga will probably come after Meakashi and Tsumihoroboshi-hen manga serialization ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
*) 猫騙し Nekodamashi (I heard it's focused on the comedy - haven't read it)

* ones are extra chapters found in Manga format.
x 猫騙し Nekodamashi
o 猫殺し Nekogoroshi

Nekogoroshi isn't really a manga, but a short story with illustrations. Half of it is indeed light-hearted comedy, but the second half features some serious contents too.
Old 2006-08-01, 00:21   Link #60
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
x 猫騙し Nekodamashi
o 猫殺し Nekogoroshi
ah, no wonder I couldn't find it. I remember reading something about its comedy before, and I remember the Neko in the title so I thought it'll have a cuter name.

Isn't there another novel too? Taking place at another high shcool in Shishibone years before the wonderful events in Hinamizawa?