AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 68 61.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 28.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-15, 22:57   Link #61
Seiryuu

Wow. If I understood it right, I think a lot of what I'd thought is true. For instance
Spoiler:
As for why the vaccine hadn't been widely distributed, I think that would have been dangerous in this case. You'd basically be telling the people that they were sick and didn't know it, and that the right amount of tension could make any one of them snap and butcher their friends. Not only would many people protest and resist in disbelief, but belief would mean suddenly discovering that everyone you know could be a killer with you high on their list. Basically, if anyone knew what was really going on, the result could very well decay into an absolute bloodbath. The government can't openly pursue treatment, but if they don't go fast they'll have to take measures that go far beyond any form of taboo. It would be far too easy afterwards to paint the government as an evil that must be destroyed. No telling how far you could ride that wave.
Old 2007-09-15, 23:29   Link #62
Cardiac Glycoside

Hmm. This only further reinforces my maxim: DO NOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT.

Especially one that doesn't mind that an atrocity will fulfill some crazy bitch's personal vendetta.

That Droopy-san is the villain should not come as a surprise to anyone. Now;

Spoiler:

I don't think this is earth-shaking, but back-track a little bit: Did anyone notice that
Spoiler:
The plot thickens!
Old 2007-09-15, 23:57   Link #63
BakaOnna

Spoiler:

I loved the episode. Now the true meaning of minagoroshi will be finally revealed.
Old 2007-09-16, 04:19   Link #64
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

OMG Takano T_T I wouldn't have guessed

That episode makes me not want to wait until next week

Old 2007-09-16, 05:16   Link #65
rainbow_rena
*Artist

Although that was a wtf episode. It's starting to make sence
also is this correct?:

Spoiler for :
Old 2007-09-16, 05:21   Link #66
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

no, it is not really related.
As you can see with Tomitake, the injection had a very fast effect on him.

Meanwhile, Keiichi was gradually becoming mad, and he wasn't going LEVEL 5 soon after Irie's shot. Irie probably did the same for Satoko: maybe some medecine to prevent some symptom which could appear, just in case.
Old 2007-09-16, 08:00   Link #67
Solafighter
Hige

Now it begins to be very interesting. I can´t wait for the next episode.
Old 2007-09-16, 12:25   Link #68
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Evil or not, I will say this: Takano's lookin' mighty stylish there at the end. Nice hat, Major.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-09-16 at 14:05.
Old 2007-09-16, 14:50   Link #69
Deathwing
what do i know

evil evil women i hope she dies with everybody else and i hope she dies painfully
Old 2007-09-16, 15:01   Link #70
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumgai View Post
There's something I'm confused about:
Spoiler for :
Lemme give this a shot...

Spoiler for I believe...:
Old 2007-09-16, 15:48   Link #71
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside View Post
Hmm. This only further reinforces my maxim: DO NOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT.

Especially one that doesn't mind that an atrocity will fulfill some crazy bitch's personal vendetta.

That Droopy-san is the villain should not come as a surprise to anyone. Now;

Spoiler:

I don't think this is earth-shaking, but back-track a little bit: Did anyone notice that
Spoiler:
The plot thickens!
That is possible and in my opinion. Hahaha I should try and find those episodes as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Evil or not, I will say this: Takano's lookin' mighty stylish there at the end. Nice hat, Major.
Hahaha, someone needs to do a cross over of Motoko from GITS and Takano. That would be pretty interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Lemme give this a shot...

Spoiler for I believe...:
That theory is possible, and that thought has been in my head for a while since season 1. (When Keichii was injected by the syringe by Rena and Mion with a few moments later he dies in a phone booth with his neck slitted by his nails. That's how the event happened from Keichii's point of view). In season one after Keichii dies in the phone booth, they stated that there was no traces of injection of some sort and the message in the bed room clock (where Rena and Mion were killed by Keichii again from what see were shown). He wrote down that he was injected with something and yet there were no evidence he was injected with something.

With that I can't wait for the final arc to happen. I think there will be a few original "extra arcs" after this (one example of the "extra arcs" has Rika as the main character and she is the "villian").

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-09-16, 17:30   Link #72
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

nope after this arc ends it goes straight to the final PC ver. arc (but I'm still hoping that the anime will use the True end (PS2) and not the good end)
Old 2007-09-16, 17:48   Link #73
kitedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
That theory is possible, and that thought has been in my head for a while since season 1. (When Keichii was injected by the syringe by Rena and Mion with a few moments later he dies in a phone booth with his neck slitted by his nails. That's how the event happened from Keichii's point of view). In season one after Keichii dies in the phone booth, they stated that there was no traces of injection of some sort and the message in the bed room clock (where Rena and Mion were killed by Keichii again from what see were shown). He wrote down that he was injected with something and yet there were no evidence he was injected with something.
At first I thought that that was a red herring. Later, we learn that he really never was injected by anything, so I paid it no mind. But from the earlier TIPS along with all the mentions of a disease being responsible for the death in Hinamizawa, you can conclude that Tomitake was indeed killed by a disease that is not known to general doctors.
Old 2007-09-16, 17:50   Link #74
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

First off, big thanks to this forum and Klashikari's blog-work; without either I'd still be relatively clueless, at least up until this season when things really started making sense. Your contributions are greatly appreciated; this is (aside from Elfen Lied) my favorite anime, and I needed help with much of it as I never played the game.

ANYWAY: One thing that is bugging me... and it's so minor, yet really compelling: In the OP, where Rika picks up a golden lump and looks at it, I am SURE that it must be significant or else they wouldn't have included it so as to be seen in every opening! What's up with that?

I was spoiled in Season One by watching it all at once (several times LOL); this waiting for the next episode is KILLING me
Old 2007-09-16, 18:05   Link #75
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

You'll know what it is when the anime gets to it.

It's like asking who that little blond girl thats crying is (it's not satoko)
Old 2007-09-16, 18:42   Link #76
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Isn't the golden lump just one of the worlds (or 'fragments of time' as the OP song puts it) that was shown in the Minagoroshi prologue?
Old 2007-09-16, 18:42   Link #77
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
It's like asking who that little blond girl thats crying is (it's not satoko)
If you mean in the shot JUST before Rika's "golden nugget" I always figured it had to be Satoko. Thanks for raising this doubt

The OP is one of my favorites ever (as was Season 1) and I always look closely (when I'm not reading subtitles ). Just goes to show that EVERY DETAIL is important. The only problem is that you never really know what to believe.

Season 1's ending "Can you believe it?" is right on the money LOL Takano is a great case in point: suspected her; then put aside as too flakey; then suspicious again; then just a casualty; now...

I'd shout "make it stop!!!" but I don't want it to

Quote:
Isn't the golden lump just one of the worlds (or 'fragments of time' as the OP song puts it) that was shown in the Minagoroshi prologue?
That's an interesting theory; I think judging from:
Quote:
You'll know what it is when the anime gets to it.
that the answer must be spoileriffic. I guess I should have asked that in "General" but it occurred to me whilst typing (I'm avoiding other subforums while the season is ongoing).

Last edited by Ahasuerus; 2007-09-16 at 18:49. Reason: to address SeventhHS post
Old 2007-09-16, 18:47   Link #78
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhHS View Post
it's a very special one
Old 2007-09-16, 19:32   Link #79
Seiryuu

Sounds like it's the "right" lump/world?
Considering how Tomitake could come up healthy, I think some people are overthinking it a bit. There's all sorts of different bacteria and viruses naturally in every body. You won't notice an extra one unless you're at a point of infection where the malicious nature is apparent, and at this point they don't have any reason to suspect illness of this sort. The past "disappearances" have been completely lost, so there's no record if previous victims showed the symptoms. With a suicide like this, they wouldn't likely even think of looking for an infection. Also, the government has more than enough reason to try and keep any information about a disease or illness related to this death secret. In this situation, I strongly suspect that the government has a great deal of cooperation from the hospitals, not to mention at least a few nurses and orderlies directly under their command.
Old 2007-09-16, 19:40   Link #80
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

it could be... but that wasn't what I was talking about