AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-22, 05:59   Link #441
Tenzen12

Not realy, while this video is indeed great piece of work. Character movement isn't nearly that fluid. Another question would be how long it took make in comparrison to original.

Despite of it I have to admit, I understimated MMD.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 08:14   Link #442
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
So, this is what the "Red Trailer" would look like if it was made with MMD. (just posted on youtube about half an hour ago)

Good, I must say, but nearly as good as the original.
That's good but the original was better.
Old 2013-08-22, 09:32   Link #443
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Not realy, while this video is indeed great piece of work. Character movement isn't nearly that fluid. Another question would be how long it took make in comparrison to original.

Despite of it I have to admit, I understimated MMD.
I don't dabble with MMD myself, so I wouldn't know what it would take. But in that example, they were basically copying something, not making something original.

MMD is capable (in the right hands) of some remarkable, realistic fluidity. For example.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I agree.

This does confirm RWBY is around MMD quality, but RWBY is still a bit better.
If RWBY is around MMD quality, then there are certainly a lot of other "animated series" that don't even come close to MMD quality. But animation quality isn't everything, and there's more to enjoying an animated series than what it looks like. So far, my only gripe is that I'm not getting enough RWBY each week.

There have been a few 3-, 4-, and 5-minute series that I've been perfectly happy with. High Score, which told a complete story every week in 3 minutes (including credits), was great. Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan, my favorite "short" series, also did a great job in 3 1/2 minutes. But this show is making it painful to wait for the next episode with its varied episode length.

Speaking of episodes, I read that there are supposed to be 16 episodes. If so, and the current episode length trend continues, that means that there will only be about 80 minutes or so for the total series. Bummer if that's true.

Last edited by FredFriendly; 2013-08-22 at 16:09.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 18:29   Link #444
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

episode 6, Run Time 7:15 yeah long
Old 2013-08-22, 18:40   Link #445
Tenzen12

Question: Why the hell Ren bother with using Gun blades?
Old 2013-08-22, 18:41   Link #446
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

ba is the fashion weapons dual function right?

EDIT:

Spoiler for ep 6:
Old 2013-08-22, 19:29   Link #447
Metalsnakezero
Trio Finale!

Spoiler for ep 6:
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic176117_1.gif

Last edited by Metalsnakezero; 2013-08-22 at 20:32. Reason: Some changes
Metalsnakezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 19:30   Link #448
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

LOL. Knew it!

Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-22, 20:17   Link #449
CBredbeard
Banned

*Poke* Boop.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 20:53   Link #450
GreatTeacherKen

Spoiler for episode 6:
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 01:02   Link #451
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

brief this episode 10/10 because juste for Blake's smile ~

Blake~
Old 2013-08-23, 01:20   Link #452
Kreceir

Old 2013-08-23, 01:21   Link #453
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Nice. A lot of battle scenes in this episode.
Old 2013-08-23, 03:18   Link #454
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i knew it after last episode but now its cemented in for me, Jaune x Pyrrha is my favourite pairing in this now and Jaune definitely has alot of inner potential.
I really dont care about the 4 main characters now, JP(Jaune and Pyrrha) are stealing the show atm it feels like the creators are building up that pair to be something awesome
Old 2013-08-23, 05:25   Link #455
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Watched episode 7 :P

It's official, Yang doesn't like her hair being remotely damaged. I guess it makes sense now that she's always stroking her hair during certain scenes in the past episodes, she loves her hair :P

More groups come together, Yang and Blake, Nora and Lie Ren but it was a little obvious once Ruby and Weiss had become partners in the last episode :P

We got a little action, Lie Ren's scenes were pretty awesome and the monsters he fought were fun to watch. The Ruby and Weiss scene had like, well, no action lol it was just there to set up the fact that these two are going to have to overcome some problems if they're going to survive for the next few years.
Old 2013-08-23, 06:12   Link #456
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

As short as the episode was, they sure packed a lot into it. We get to see Yang (who, contrary to some speculation, apparently did want to pair up with her sister) in another blaze of glory. Blake finally puts in a very brief appearance in the Emerald Forest (she must have been launched with another group of sudents).

We see that Weiss doesn't really seem to be much of a natural fighter (or doesn't really have much experience with real opponents, or both), as she is relying on "textbook" instructions during her fight. Ruby saves the day, again.

Thanks to Pyrrah we get to know more about what makes things tick in this universe, with Lie Ren giving a simultaneous demonstration of those powers. I expect great things from Pyrrah and Jaune as teammates (and they look well suited as a couple). As I expected, Pyrrah had seen something in Jaune, which attracted her to him, that we mere mortals couldn't.

The one who I would like to see more screen time of is Nora. Except for Jaune, who has his sword, she is the only one who we as yet do not know what her specialty is and what she uses while fighting (if she even does fight). Plus, she's so darn cute.

Although most of the episode was awesome, there is one thing that has me worried. I get the feeling that this antagonism between Weiss and Ruby is going to become a "running gag," so to speak, which, for me, is going to get very tiresome, very quickly.

I can see a possible pattern emerging: Weiss gets into a jam; Ruby saves her sorry butt, but something goes wrong (such as Weiss setting fire to the forest), which Weiss will then blame Ruby for. Neither will Weiss ever accept responsibility for any of the problems that she causes, nor will she ever, of course, thank Ruby for saving her sorry butt.
Old 2013-08-23, 08:09   Link #457
Tenzen12

Saying Ruby saved day is nothing but big overstament especialy as she caused as much trouble . In other hand Weiss made right call avoid unecessary battle.

Weiss +1,
Ruby -1
Old 2013-08-23, 08:22   Link #458
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Saying Ruby saved day is nothing but big overstament especialy as she caused as much trouble . In other hand Weiss made right call avoid unecessary battle.

Weiss +1,
Ruby -1
Duh?! Setting fire to the forest is the right call? Not destroying the monsters is the right call? Bosh! Environmentally unfriendly, and letting the monsters live to strike again?

Weiss -100
Ruby +1

In what way did Ruby actually cause trouble? Seems like some people are too blinded by Weiss's pure whiteness to see the reality of the situation.

Yes, saying Ruby "saved the day" may have been an exaggeration. I should have just said that "Ruby saved Weiss's butt."
Old 2013-08-23, 08:34   Link #459
Tenzen12

1) I like Ruby more than Weiss.

2) Which doesn't change thing about her reckless, I would dare say even stupid, way of fighting. Forest fire was mostly result of Ruby involvment.

3) We don't know how much Weiss needed saving. She doesn't lack skill, just experience.

4) Killing monsters isn't their task, monsters in question was too busy to pursue them anyway and finally fighting in mids of burnig forest is stupid thing on it's own.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-08-23 at 09:03.
Old 2013-08-23, 09:09   Link #460
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
1) I like Ruby more than Weiss.

2) Which doesn't change thing about her reckless, I would dare say even stupid, way of fighting. Forest fire was just result of Ruby involvment.

3) We don't know how much Weiss needed saving. She doesn't lack skill, just experience.

4) Killing monsters isn't their task, monsters in question was too busy to pursue them anyway and finally fighting in mids of burnig forest is stupid thing on it's own.
1. Me too, but that may change by the end of the series.

2. Reckless? Stupid? Couldn't disagree more. Watching her fight in both the "Red Trailer" and episode 1, nothing about the way she was fighting was either reckless or stupid. Calm, cool, and calculated would be how I would describe her. The forest fire was due to the lack of control that Weiss has over her own powers.

3. We do know that Ruby would probably not have had much trouble, reckless or not, in dispensing with those monsters. Weiss looked like the proverbial fish out of water.

4. Killing monsters is not their "task", but they were forewarned by the professor to destroy everything they are opposed by. If Weiss hadn't set fire to the forest, Ruby could've dispatched the monsters so they wouldn't be a threat in the future.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby