AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Old 2004-03-25, 05:44   Link #1
Souma Kyou

Q & A for Mariasama ga Miteru

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Maria-sama ga Miteru anime or novels. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or novel without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Marmite which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, novel, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

can someone name all the characters on the bottom row? :x

http://2cha.omoe.net:82/outside/src/1080027775801.png

don't ask why... long story xD;;

[edit]someone posted a link with all the characters and whatnot... alas, i can't read kanji D:

Last edited by xris; 2007-11-22 at 17:49. Reason: Added thread guidelines
Souma Kyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 07:30   Link #2
wao
OK.

Oooooh, that's so funny! XD!!! Who are all those people on the top actually... I dunno which anime which that's from...

Below:

Rosa Foetida (Eriko)
Rosa Foetida en bouton (Rei)
Rosa Foetida en bouton's petit soeur (Shimako)

Rosa Chinensis (Youko)
Rosa Chinensis en bouton's petit souer (Yumi - main character, sort of...)
Rosa Chinensis en bouton (Sachiko[-sama!])

Rosa Gigantea en bouton (Shimako)
Rosa Gigantea (Sei)

That's in left-to-right order. Just ofr the record, I like Rosa Gigantea en bouton and Rosa Gigantea the best. ^_^
Old 2004-03-25, 08:00   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thanks for providing that list wao, wish this was information was added to the first ep since it would help so much in working out who's who.

And the faces from the top row are from GitS: SAC
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 18:46   Link #4
Souma Kyou

thanks a lot, wao ^_^
Souma Kyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 11:48   Link #5
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Rosa Foetida en bouton's petit soeur (Shimako)
Minor correction ^^

Rosa Foetida en bouton's petite soeur is Yoshino.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 11:51   Link #6
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

okay most accurate source here:
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 11:55   Link #7
Göönk
Macross fan

thanks for saying it's the most accurate :-)
that's my baby
Göönk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 12:10   Link #8
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Göönk
thanks for saying it's the most accurate :-)
that's my baby
I take it that this French fan site is yours then
Maria-sama ga miteru

Note: We do have a no-spam rule here at AnimeSuki, but you are allowed to post URLs if they are relevant to the topic under discussion.

Heh, I'm sure the people here will want you to produce an English version of the site now
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 12:14   Link #9
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
okay most accurate source here:
One minor correction: It's Yamayurikai, which in English would be something like Mountain Lily Council.
Also for those who don't speak French, this might help:
blanche=white
rouge=red
jaune=yellow
frere=brother (would put the accent grave in, but I don't know if everyone would be able to view it...)

Also there are similar character charts in the manga, chapters 1-3 of which have been scanlated and are available at http://lililicious.cjb.net
pkgirl163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 12:16   Link #10
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Maria-sama ga miteru

Note: We do have a no-spam rule here at AnimeSuki, but you are allowed to post URLs if they are relevant to the topic under discussion.

Heh, I'm sure the people here will want you to produce an English version of the site now
noo that site belongs to Laurore31
Old 2004-03-27, 12:38   Link #11
Göönk
Macross fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Maria-sama ga miteru
No nonono
I am not the webmaster (Laurore31 is the webmaster), i am just the guy who did the photoshop work in that picture.

I just did a screen shot of that picture

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/mari...character.html

and I replaced Kanji of the names by Romanji. I didn't really translate every thing. Most of the Katakana are translated though.
I also change the resolution of the faces, did a lot of photoshop work and added Rosa Canina. I hope you like it. If there are mistakes, just send a private message and I'll correct it asap.
Göönk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 13:25   Link #12
FlyByNite

BTW, that would be from the Cromatie High School parody of Maria-sama. Too bad nobody still fansubs Cromatie High School tho.

BTW if you wanna see another relationship chart I came across this one thru a mailing list I think. Spoilers because I think it has some next year students on it?

Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 13:44   Link #13
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Unhappy

i would translate this but its sooo hard to read!!!! omg omg omg
can someone translate this el pronto? please!!!!
Old 2004-03-27, 14:21   Link #14
j1m0ne

kore

Spoiler:
j1m0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 14:22   Link #15
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1m0ne
kore

Spoiler:
THANKS j1m0ne!!!!!! props to you!
Old 2004-03-27, 14:24   Link #16
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
BTW if you wanna see another relationship chart I came across this one thru a mailing list I think. Spoilers because I think it has some next year students on it?

Spoiler:
I would suggest taking this chart with a grain of salt, because it was made by some Marimite fans and reflects their interpretation of certain relationships which may or may not be supported by the novels.
pkgirl163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 14:30   Link #17
j1m0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
THANKS j1m0ne!!!!!! props to you!
hehe. I didnt translate it. just found it... so props to whoever did it then ^^
j1m0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 00:27   Link #18
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1m0ne
hehe. I didnt translate it. just found it... so props to whoever did it then ^^
Interesting. I get the "Drill" bit (pun intended, ^o^) but what about "Denpa"? I assume that's short for "Denpatsu", but it doesn't look like she's got "electric hair".

Should there be a second season, I'll be looking out for these two. Wonder who they are..
Iskandar Taib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 18:41   Link #19
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar Taib
Interesting. I get the "Drill" bit (pun intended, ^o^) but what about "Denpa"? I assume that's short for "Denpatsu", but it doesn't look like she's got "electric hair".

Should there be a second season, I'll be looking out for these two. Wonder who they are..
The actual definition for denpa ( 電波 ) is "electric/modulated waves." The VHF/UHF signals that is used to transmit TV broadcasts and AM/FM bands for radio are good examples of "denpa."

The case used here is a degenerate slang term. You call a person "denpa" if he/she acts extremely weird. Origins comes from a person that acts so strange as if they are transmitting and/or receiving some sort of electromagnetic wave. You sometimes see this in anime for certain characters...most notably Hanajima Saki from "Fruits Basket." Other interesting usages: "doku denpa" (poisonous waves/signals). Many people believe jokingly that Akihabara is transmitting some sort of poisonous signals that brainwashes otakus to buy and go moe~ over anime and ero-games.

In "Maria-sama ga Miteru," Hosokawa Kanako is known as the "denpa" due to her obssesive actions (to put it bluntly: being a stalker) that stems from her twisted image of "my dearly beloved Yumi-sama." She also has a dark past yet to be revealed in which she has a very strong distrust and abhorrence for the male species. Such being the case, Kanako and Touko are clear opposites in which they extremely dislike each other.

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-04-16 at 18:52.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 07:24   Link #20
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
In "Maria-sama ga Miteru," Hosokawa Kanako is known as the "denpa" due to her obssesive actions (to put it bluntly: being a stalker) that stems from her twisted image of "my dearly beloved Yumi-sama." She also has a dark past yet to be revealed in which she has a very strong distrust and abhorrence for the male species. .
I already like her. ^^

Last edited by Ialdaboth; 2004-04-17 at 09:19.
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote