Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-05-31, 02:27   Link #601
havensgate
skull one

@teh_ping
lol..now i get it, its [po] and [poh], that some imagination you have
it sure strange name, but when first time i read it, it made me remember winnie the poh
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 06:36   Link #602
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
@teh_ping
lol..now i get it, its [po] and [poh], that some imagination you have
it sure strange name, but when first time i read it, it made me remember winnie the poh
That's just half of it. Remember, they're both 'red'.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 13:19   Link #603
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
That's just half of it. Remember, they're both 'red'.
PoH is supposed to have a charming, soothing voice and speaks in a rhythm, while Po Just makes you want to throw the nearest object against the tv
I wonder if PoH really is a reference to Po, and if I am more surprised that Japan aired Teletubbies.
Old 2012-05-31, 20:03   Link #604
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
PoH is supposed to have a charming, soothing voice and speaks in a rhythm, while Po Just makes you want to throw the nearest object against the tv
I wonder if PoH really is a reference to Po, and if I am more surprised that Japan aired Teletubbies.
Well in a sense they are both quite disturbing
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:31   Link #605
Methias

I have something on my mind, concerning the thing that kirito went to the future and fought haru, is that part canonical? If it is, anyone can direct me to a link where I can read it?
Methias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:35   Link #606
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methias View Post
I have something on my mind, concerning the thing that kirito went to the future and fought haru, is that part canonical? If it is, anyone can direct me to a link where I can read it?
It's called Versus, and can be found under 'Side Stories' on the Baka-Tsuki page. And nope, I'm pretty sure it's not canon.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:40   Link #607
Methias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
It's called Versus, and can be found under 'Side Stories' on the Baka-Tsuki page. And nope, I'm pretty sure it's not canon.
Still, the chances of the whole alicization VR thingy turning into the Brain burst game is pretty high right? I'm sure I've read somewhere in this forum here

*looks around old posts*
Methias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 13:01   Link #608
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methias View Post
Still, the chances of the whole alicization VR thingy turning into the Brain burst game is pretty high right? I'm sure I've read somewhere in this forum here

*looks around old posts*
I don't think Underworld is turning into Brain Burst game in the future. Yeah, the theory behind those two are similar but Brain Burst uses the real world as its background, somehow similar to augmented reality while Underworld is another world coexisting with the real world.
Old 2012-06-02, 17:18   Link #609
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
I don't think Underworld is turning into Brain Burst game in the future. Yeah, the theory behind those two are similar but Brain Burst uses the real world as its background, somehow similar to augmented reality while Underworld is another world coexisting with the real world.
actually BB used pseudo 3D that Kirito and his club friends created in vol 7
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 01:19   Link #610
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
actually BB used pseudo 3D that Kirito and his club friends created in vol 7
You mean the camera which Yuuki used to look at the real world, right?
I may not read much of AW (still following the anime though) but what I really understood about BB was that BB used the surveillance cameras to formulate the background. That's why BB's world looked somehow like the real world.
Old 2012-06-03, 01:57   Link #611
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
You mean the camera which Yuuki used to look at the real world, right?
I may not read much of AW (still following the anime though) but what I really understood about BB was that BB used the surveillance cameras to formulate the background. That's why BB's world looked somehow like the real world.
actually it's not work like that. the camera is recorded outside scenery and creates it's copy in VR, so the one connected to camera could see and feel the sorrounding area in VR realtime. here BB use improved version of it to create the stage in lower layer[not unlimited field stage]
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 11:41   Link #612
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

So the Anime's coming soon, and this question was shepherded here.

The look of the Anime previews shows a lot of emphasis on chronologically showing the pieces that were tucked away as side stories.

Scenes so far:
Glimpse of Scilica during tutorial
Cline Cutting a Boar (LN 1)
Sachi Crying (LN 1&2)
Guy Opening a Chest that's possibly the trapped one (LN 1&2)
Asuna Pre-KoTB (Aria in the Starless Night)
Keita Suicide? (LN 1&2)
Cline Crying during Snow? (LN 2: Red-Nosed Reindeer?)
Donning his Black Coat? (Aria in the Starless night?)
Akihiko's Tutorial (LN 1)

That they're doing this season exclusively on Aincrad is expected, but I've always kind of wondered about the bridge from Aria in the Starless Night to Volume 1's Aincrad late game.

Aria in the Starless night is the story of Beaters being coined in Kirito's honor shame in addition to his actually-very-early start of a relationship with Asuna. The impressions just didn't match up entirely reading, and then rereading, volume 1.

In volume 1, Asuna and Kirito are implied to have history, but it doesn't seem as much so as what happened in ASN. Volume 1's first meeting with the ragout rabbit cooking ended with Asuna wanting to party for testing Kirito's "rumored" skill. ASN has her witnessing him take out the first boss. That would have been a testament to his skill I would think.

Their relationship grows early on in the game when side stories are taken into account, but it doesn't sync with Volume 1's characterization of how they know each other very well. Light novel Asuna recalls her Kirito flag as his hillside nap. ASN Asuno seems like she's already developing a crush on Kirito during adventures with bread and baths.

I'm probably missing something without ASN's continuation that BT unfortunately doesn't have translated. There's much to thank them for translating as is. I've also heard about the web edition of SAO and whatnot, but where the line falls is kind of unknown to me. So I guess it comes to the main question.

How do the character interactions and relationships bridge? Light novel Asuna develops the bond after scolding Kirito for sloth in the higher floors. The scene read as if she hadn't met him much before then. ASN Asuna meets Kirito after he saves her from collapsing in the forest. I haven't read anything yet about where Asuna transitions to her role in KoTB.

The anime seems to be following ASN's line because she is seen fighting a boss in her non-KOTB attire. If the anime is going anywhere, then they're going to have a transition to the later floors. I'm speculating they'll do some time skipping with the 2 years to cover till the end of SAO. The ASN Asuna just doesn't seem like the same person that would scold Kirito napping on the hill though. She knows him too well already. The impressions Kirito left during ASN don't seem like the type that would fade either.

Any thoughts on how they'll stitch together the two ends, or does someone have some key information that I've missed out on?
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 12:08   Link #613
tomtkp

@trinitem

What you read in Volume 1 was already written almost 10 years ago. It's just that the author decided to include his 10-year manuscript as Volume 1. But recently the author wanted to restructure the Aincrad arc a bit for the fans (some fans complained that the romance between Kirito and Asuna had been developed too fast in Volume 1), so he wrote Aria for this sake. I personally think it was the author's idea to include Aria in the anime since he attended the anime meetings several times according to his Twitter page.

And I think the anime would blend Aria and Volume 1 to make a complete Aincrad arc, ignoring some contradicting settings in Volume 1 like what you have just mentioned in your post.

================================================== =========================
Other matter:

Quote:
ほぼ全編にわたる新規書きおろしで贈る、『アリシゼーション』編、第二弾!
◆ソードアート・オンライン10 アリシゼーション・ランニング
著/川原 礫 イラスト/abec  定価:599円
It is confirmed that there will be new contents never seen before in the web version for most of Volume 10. This really came as a shock for the Japanese fans.

And also the price tag of 599 yen is the same as Volume 3 & 4, meaning that Volume 10 might have 310-320 pages long, shorter compared to Volume 9.
Old 2012-06-05, 12:18   Link #614
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
It is confirmed that there will be new contents never seen before in the web version for most of Volume 10. This really came as a shock for the Japanese fans.

And also the price tag of 599 yen is the same as Volume 3 & 4, meaning that Volume 10 might have 310-320 pages long, shorter compared to Volume 9.
For most of Volume 10? I wonder what the new content will be about. And eh, would you happen to know why that shocked Japanese fans; does that rarely happen or what?
Old 2012-06-05, 12:47   Link #615
tomtkp

Quote:
For most of Volume 10? I wonder what the new content will be about. And eh, would you happen to know why that shocked Japanese fans; does that rarely happen or what?
It's just that the fans did not expect that almost all of Volume 10 will be new contents. Kawahara-sensei only added substantial new contents in Volume 4 and 6 from the web version but new contents for almost a volume, even I didn't expect that for Volume 10.

Now the fans in 2ch SAO web readers thread are starting to speculate about the new contents.
Old 2012-06-05, 13:01   Link #616
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
It's just that the fans did not expect that almost all of Volume 10 will be new contents. Kawahara-sensei only added substantial new contents in Volume 4 and 6 from the web version but new contents for almost a volume, even I didn't expect that for Volume 10.

Now the fans in 2ch SAO web readers thread are starting to speculate about the new contents.
Ah, I see. I wonder what prompted him to do so, though. It's a little worrying..

More detailed accounts of the events that took place in Volume 10, maybe?
Old 2012-06-05, 13:06   Link #617
Zakoo

I will always be shocked about the price of their LN, it changes from my 20€ novel or 9€ manga.

So anyway my Teh-bro is taking a break? You did a good job sir, you are the one (alongside some others) who made B-T what it is now and that LN are now heavily translated for hard-core readers as me. Hopefully, my japenese is progressing well (I can read doujin!) so I will be able to continue by myself soon.

I would love to post the usual NSFW picture for thanks but I will prevent myself from doing so hahaha.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 13:15   Link #618
tomtkp

Quote:
Ah, I see. I wonder what prompted him to do so, though. It's a little worrying..

More detailed accounts of the events that took place in Volume 10, maybe?
Most of the Japanese fans are speculating that the new content will be the expansion of web version Chapter 5. I personally agree with them because web version Chapter 5 actually involved a 2-year timeskip from the end of Volume 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
So anyway my Teh-bro is taking a break? You did a good job sir, you are the one (alongside some others) who made B-T what it is now and that LN are now heavily translated for hard-core readers as me. Hopefully, my japenese is progressing well (I can read doujin!) so I will be able to continue by myself soon.

I would love to post the usual NSFW picture for thanks but I will prevent myself from doing so hahaha.
My news about Teh_Ping's resignation was already outdated. Teh_Ping is back. He is continuing the translation of Volume 9 for now.
Old 2012-06-05, 13:16   Link #619
Zakoo

You should have written it in red and in big, meeh, I'm doing such an embarassing post for nothing? I'm going to bury myself.

Well whatever, I'm fine either way, a BT without him wouldn't be BT.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 13:21   Link #620
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Most of the Japanese fans are speculating that the new content will be the expansion of web version Chapter 5. I personally agree with them because web version Chapter 5 actually involved a 2-year timeskip from the end of Volume 9.
Oh, yeah, that'd certainly be ideal; filling up the gap left by a time skip is always a good idea.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality