AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-30, 07:17   Link #41
Elestia

You have to remember D-Mails can't send a lot of information at one time. So the message cannot contain a lot of words.
Old 2011-07-30, 08:59   Link #42
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
You have to remember D-Mails can't send a lot of information at one time. So the message cannot contain a lot of words.
Something as short as "Keep the IBN until I ask for it" would fit into the message tho. Remember how they sent a message back to Ruka's mother on her pager saying "Eat lots of veggies for a healthy baby/child" and that was even longer, so it would fit into the one message.
Old 2011-08-01, 18:35   Link #43
Elestia

It's really how well you can persuade someone to follow your D-mail with the limited space available. Sure, you can fit into a D-Mail not to sell the 5100 IBN, but would it work? Feyris' father mentions that he had no money at the time to pay for the ransom, and the only way he did was when someone offered to buy the IBN 5100 for an exorbitant amount of money. Telling him not to sell it when his daughter's safety was at risk is almost impossible.

On the other hand, telling Ruka's mother to eat more veggies to have a healthy baby is much easier to accomplish in both persuasion and desired outcome.
Old 2011-08-01, 23:52   Link #44
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
And why would child Feyris or her father trust an SMS that don't know yet, assuming there were pagers then.
Old 2011-08-02, 00:41   Link #45
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
It's really how well you can persuade someone to follow your D-mail with the limited space available. Sure, you can fit into a D-Mail not to sell the 5100 IBN, but would it work? Feyris' father mentions that he had no money at the time to pay for the ransom, and the only way he did was when someone offered to buy the IBN 5100 for an exorbitant amount of money. Telling him not to sell it when his daughter's safety was at risk is almost impossible.

On the other hand, telling Ruka's mother to eat more veggies to have a healthy baby is much easier to accomplish in both persuasion and desired outcome.
But considering Feyris already sent a D-mail saying that the kidnapping was a joke, the father wouldn't have had a reason to sell the IBN 5100 anyways, so there wouldn't have been a pressing reason to actually sell it. And it wouldn't have to be Okabe either, Feyris could do it too and her father would trust her at least enough to know that she's not posing.
Old 2011-08-02, 19:58   Link #46
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Remember, Kurisu mentions that in order to go past the 1% Divergence, Okabe needs to use the D-Mail to cancel out all the past D-Mails, by sending a followup message to negate it. Like when Okabe stopped Suzuha from going back immediately to 1975 after she failed to find her father on episode 10. He sent a D-Mail back to his past self warning that the message was SERN's trap. In essence, he needs to revert the world lines back to their original state. Ultimately that means he will have go all the way back to the first D-Mail he accidentally sent in the first episode, where he sent a mail to Daru saying that "Makise Kurisu has been stabbed".

The most perplexing problem is with the first D-mail was that it changed the World Line, and we find Kurisu un-stabbed by the end of the first episode. We don't know the specific parameters which the D-Mail was sent under. There are some instances, where D-Mails do not affect the world line, like when Daru sent a D-Mail to his past self revealing the position of Feyris' cards in the Rai-Net Tournament. However, the very first D-Mail is a wild card. What caused that message to prevent Makise Kurisu from being stabbed? I think that will be a major plot point to unfold in the very last episode.
If you remember correctly, Kurisu confronts Okabe in the first episode right before we find her dead about receiving a text message warning her about something. I think things were already in motion even before the first D-mail was sent and this will ultimately come down to a choice between who will die, Kurisu or Miyushii. Who do you love more? It's truly a poetic tragedy.
Old 2011-08-03, 02:09   Link #47
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
But considering Feyris already sent a D-mail saying that the kidnapping was a joke, the father wouldn't have had a reason to sell the IBN 5100 anyways, so there wouldn't have been a pressing reason to actually sell it. And it wouldn't have to be Okabe either, Feyris could do it too and her father would trust her at least enough to know that she's not posing.
It might be that reaching past the 1% divergence is the only way to save Mayuri. So even if Okabe gets the IBN 5100 it might not be enough to prevent Mayuri from dieing if the world line doesn't go above 1%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
If you remember correctly, Kurisu confronts Okabe in the first episode right before we find her dead about receiving a text message warning her about something. I think things were already in motion even before the first D-mail was sent and this will ultimately come down to a choice between who will die, Kurisu or Miyushii. Who do you love more? It's truly a poetic tragedy.
We don't know the complete picture to why Kurisu died, so we don't really know who killed her. It could be that her father killed her, it could be Okabe, it could be Suzuha, the point is American Virgin gets my vote.
Old 2011-08-03, 12:14   Link #48
Alucard24

Just thougt about something : when Okabe sent that mail saying "Kurisu is dead" he feel the change of the timeline but, it could be possible that someone else sent an D-Mail at the same moment.

Wich means, it's not the mail sent by Okabe that saved Kurisu but another one !

That's something that bother me : it seems that anyone can send a D-Mail if it's at the exact good time, no matter how far they are from the micro-wave.... In other word, all the mail sent when the micro-wave is active are sent to the past !

That would be quite a mess if it's was true and Okabe would have no way of knowing anything about it since his reading steiner tell only one time about changes, even if there is several changes at once.
Old 2011-08-04, 07:26   Link #49
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Just thougt about something : when Okabe sent that mail saying "Kurisu is dead" he feel the change of the timeline but, it could be possible that someone else sent an D-Mail at the same moment.

Wich means, it's not the mail sent by Okabe that saved Kurisu but another one !

That's something that bother me : it seems that anyone can send a D-Mail if it's at the exact good time, no matter how far they are from the micro-wave.... In other word, all the mail sent when the micro-wave is active are sent to the past !

That would be quite a mess if it's was true and Okabe would have no way of knowing anything about it since his reading steiner tell only one time about changes, even if there is several changes at once.
The phone sending/receiving the D-mail has to be connected to the microwave from what I gather. Phones that aren't connected to it do nothing. If they did, then SERN never would've known it was Okabe who sent the D-mail, it could've been anyone. Okabe sent the D-mail to Daru after Makise died iirc, that's how his message was sent to the past.
Old 2011-08-04, 13:59   Link #50
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
The phone sending/receiving the D-mail has to be connected to the microwave from what I gather. Phones that aren't connected to it do nothing.
I doubt it :

- Ferrys could send a D-mail with her own phone who isn't connected to the microwave

- Okabe sent the first D-mail before even thinking of connecting it to the microwave

And what you mean connected ? There was lot of time where he wasn't near his lab wich means he can't be connected except maybe via 3G....
Old 2011-08-11, 04:32   Link #51
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Someone have dropped a hint about FB meaning (Karl) Ferdinand Braun.

If it is true, the suspects for FB are

Spoiler:

My brain is frying from just thinking it out.

If my speculations are confirmed, I have to applaude the writers for using the smallest details to define the game's universe and serve the plot.
Old 2011-08-12, 12:33   Link #52
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Spoiler for Identity of FB:
Old 2011-08-12, 12:40   Link #53
arson88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
Spoiler for Identity of FB:
Plot Armour? But there is no clear foreshadowing in previous episode of FB's identity.
Old 2011-08-12, 12:53   Link #54
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

You're right. And that's why we can only speculate about FB's identity - that is, if FB is a real person. I'm not convinced the character I mentioned above is FB; but when you brainstorm, you must consider all the possibilities. After all, the only potential clue available is that person's "given" last name.
Old 2011-08-12, 13:56   Link #55
GDB

Isn't Braun just the name Okabe calls him? I could've sworn he yelled at Okabe once to stop calling him that since it wasn't his real name.
Old 2011-08-12, 16:40   Link #56
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Isn't it late to introduce an antagonist? Therefore I bet FB is one of the characters already introduced... maybe an alternate and/or future version of Kurisu, Mayushii, or even Okarin
Old 2011-08-12, 18:16   Link #57
whatbob1
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Isn't Braun just the name Okabe calls him? I could've sworn he yelled at Okabe once to stop calling him that since it wasn't his real name.
Yup, it's just a nickname Okarin calls him. Mr Braun says what his real name is in the very first episode when his character is introduced. He says "I told you to call me Tennouji-san", when Okarin asks him to fix the tv.
Old 2011-08-13, 04:38   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's not his real name, but he's a huge fan of Braun tubes (incidentally, his shirt in the game said "Braun tubes MOE" lol), so it's not that far-fetched to think his secret evil pseudonym is based on his idol Ferdinand Braun. That said, I can't imagine Mr. Braun is FB. A fan of CRTs can't be evil!
Old 2011-08-16, 15:14   Link #59
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I just went back and investigated Episode 1 of Steins Gate.

So I see that Suzuha was dressed up in a "worker's" outfit and gave the "no problem" or nothing to worry about sign I guess up top and Okabe left.

Afterwards, Kurisu from alpha line pulls Okabe from the lecture room and asks why he approached her earlier with a concerned look. Minutes later, we hear a scream, clearly Okabe's anguished scream (I'm assuming as he finds out that Kurisu is stabbed).

^This is where I'm lost/confused. Why are there TWO Okabe's now? When in each world line we've only had ONE Okabe with a transfer of his memories. Secondly, thinking about who WOULD stab Kurisu, the only one I could possibly imagine is Suzuha. Suzuha must've stabbed Kurisu upon landing because that way Kurisu wouldn't help SERN out. However, if the Alpha line is supposed to be the good world, then why is Suzuha even in that Alpha line time-traveling back in the first place?

Someone please explain this to me! I think I might've missed something or I am using a bad assumption.
Old 2011-08-16, 15:18   Link #60
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I just went back and investigated Episode 1 of Steins Gate.

So I see that Suzuha was dressed up in a "worker's" outfit and gave the "no problem" or nothing to worry about sign I guess up top and Okabe left.

Afterwards, Kurisu from alpha line pulls Okabe from the lecture room and asks why he approached her earlier with a concerned look. Minutes later, we hear a scream, clearly Okabe's anguished scream (I'm assuming as he finds out that Kurisu is stabbed).

^This is where I'm lost/confused. Why are there TWO Okabe's now? When in each world line we've only had ONE Okabe with a transfer of his memories. Secondly, thinking about who WOULD stab Kurisu, the only one I could possibly imagine is Suzuha. Suzuha must've stabbed Kurisu upon landing because that way Kurisu wouldn't help SERN out. However, if the Alpha line is supposed to be the good world, then why is Suzuha even in that Alpha line time-traveling back in the first place?

Someone please explain this to me! I think I might've missed something or I am using a bad assumption.
You know how Suzuha's time machine is physical time-travel rather than mental like the D-mails and time-leap machine? Physical time-travel has the possibility of two you's existing at the same time. I'll leave it at that.