AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-05-05, 19:26   Link #1
Marine-RX179

Any KOTOKO fan here?

I'm a KOTOKO fan and I love her songs.....was just wondering if anyone also like her songs and listened to her songs other than the ones in Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twin........
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 19:39   Link #2
TheMongoMania

I heard a song called Princess Bride by them and loved it. It's really catchy. You should check that out.
TheMongoMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 22:03   Link #3
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Me

Me well I just love I've so any songs by them I haven't heard onegai twins opening since i don't like the anime "onegai" LOL
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 23:40   Link #4
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
One here!!! I like her the most out of I've...yup the name of the group. Here's where some other fans have posted if you haven't been there already. So you are not alone my friend. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12243I originally thought that I've and Kotoko were one in the same *buzz* I was soo wrong. So now I'm going to have to go to the I've site someone made and correct my labelling of songs/artists. The first time I heard her was from Onegai Teacher. The final ED "Love a Riddle" just blew my mind. And that was that.

Last edited by Spiggy; 2004-05-06 at 09:50.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 04:58   Link #5
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Zomg, my nick, avatar and such says it all.
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 05:51   Link #6
Marine-RX179

OMG....didn't expect to see people that are Under 17 fan here as well....
I got an CD of them which got the songs for Milkyway 2, Ichigoda, Milkyway Anime, Tenbatsu! Angel Rabbie etc.....the singing style is quite cute and different from the average songs that are usually around.

For Kotoko's songs I believe my favourite is 'Face of Fact'. I like 'We Survive' for V.G NEO a lot as well, but I only got a sample length version, not a full version T.T
Old 2004-05-06, 10:25   Link #7
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I will keep an eye on the full ver of below mentioned
they ussually came out after the sample gets released

[QUOTE=For Kotoko's songs I believe my favourite is 'Face of Fact'. I like 'We Survive' for V.G NEO a lot as well, but I only got a sample length version, not a full version T.T[/QUOTE]
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 10:57   Link #8
Marine-RX179

Actually I have 'Face of Fact' full version (holy 13MB...very high quality though), it's 'We Survive' that I don't have the full version......
Old 2004-05-06, 18:22   Link #9
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
Actually I have 'Face of Fact' full version (holy 13MB...very high quality though), it's 'We Survive' that I don't have the full version......
It's a pity you don't have the super high CD quality version <.<;;

...aaaaaanyways... my opinion on Kotoko is divided. She does have some good songs, but for some of them, it's not her singing that was remarkable. It was more like the music that interested me. Singer wise, there are far better singers out of the I've utahime, like Eiko or Lia. I think her popularity allowed her to be in a lot of songs, which gave her a higher chance of getting into a good song. However, I do admire her lyric-writing ability, which is something that a lot of popular singers don't do.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 07:41   Link #10
bluemist
i am the mist

I have already heard enough. In my opinion KOTOKO's songs sound alike, and for me it gets old. It may be because of the style of the I've Sound songs (much like most of avex mode [ie. Initial D] songs sound alike.)

And because they're so many, I actually 'forgot' the name of a song from KOTOKO that I really liked a while ago. I'm having a hard time trying to know what it is, hehe. Of her popular works in anime though, Second Flight (from Onegai Twins) was my favorite.
Old 2004-05-15, 05:58   Link #11
Marine-RX179

I finally managed to get hold of the full version of 'We survive' yesterday.
Yamano667 thanks for offering assistance, but I no longer need to look for it anymore. Peace
Old 2004-05-16, 11:06   Link #12
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
Eh... I'll be honest. I haven't been into anime much recently, and the last OP/ED I liked was from Matentei Loki Ragnarok and Kaleido Star's 1st OP/ED.

I always heard about KOTOKO, but I never really bothered to listen to anything by her because well, she did anime OP/ED themes.

But since she released a 'major' label debut, I decided to see what the hapaloo was about and downloaded it.

Out of the 12 songs on the cd, I liked 4. Now, that may sound like a small number, but its about the average amount of songs I like on an American release. But I think the reason why I liked those four songs is because her voice and the background just flowed together perfectly. Some of the songs have some nice backgrounds, but her voice is pitched like an idol so it ruins the song.

Actually, the tone of the 2nd track, Asura (and what I call the real 'start' of the album - introductions are a pathetic attempt to add numbers to the tracklisting) reminds me of 'Tear Lemon Drop' by SweetS. And stop and reread what I said again before replying and saying 'They're totally different!". I know that. But somehow the two songs seem to compliment each other well to me. Anyway, 'Tear Lemon Drop' is the song that got me to like SweetS, and 'Asura' is the track that got me to like KOTOKO. Sadly, its those four songs only, but her cd would be killer if she didn't have those 2-bit idol sounding songs included. (And again, this is my personal opinion!)
Chiaki Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 20:51   Link #13
Ichiru

I just heard KOTOKO about a week ago, Princess Bride is a really good song and Shooting Star is great.
Ichiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 09:29   Link #14
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
...i heard her song-dear feeling..
and oh...another one from a japanese avg..alma
but i dunno wat songs was that
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:52   Link #15
megumi_kamiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
I'm a KOTOKO fan and I love her songs.....was just wondering if anyone also like her songs and listened to her songs other than the ones in Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twin........

I am a fan too. I was looking for a place to download the song princess bride when i came across animesuki and i saw your post so i decided to get a registration here. well I still haven't found where can download it so if you know could you pretty pretty pls tell.
megumi_kamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 15:00   Link #16
mechazawa

To megumi kamiya and any other KOTOKO fans who haven't heard "Princess Bride" yet,

1. If you're an adult(18+) and tolerate of ecchi contents, click the link below:
http://13cm.jp/130cm/index.htm

2. Click "EXTRA"

3. Click "Opning"

4. Click "DOWN LOAD" and save the file "prinop_s.lzh"

5. Unzip "prinop_s.lzh" when you finish downloading it

6. Enjoy listening "Princess Bride! (short version)" mp3!

To listen to the entire song of "Princess Bride," we might just have to purchase the OST.
I don't know the sites where we can download it, sorry.
mechazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 18:05   Link #17
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Japanese companies do often offer samples of their songs. Then, if you really like the song, you'd go buy the full version from stores or online shops. Try www.cdjapan.co.jp
Old 2004-06-08, 12:58   Link #18
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
She does a lot of OP/ED for H-Games, I just say the OP of Baldr Gate 2 weeks ago, so that was the first one I've seen. The rest can be broken down into anime OP/ED most notibly Onegai series. You can go to Armitage Dimension to listen to full versions of course you'll have to get your request in first. So that's a temp fix until you get the CDs.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 14:20   Link #19
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
She does a lot of OP/ED for H-Games, I just say the OP of Baldr Gate
I think you meant Baldr Force
Old 2004-06-08, 14:39   Link #20
Spiggy