AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-08-20, 19:31   Link #1221
gugumomu
the hedgehog

i am aware of the fact that you cant stuff hundred of written pages into a 25 minutes episode, and a 1:1 result would probably be boring. Reading a book is one thing, watching a show something different.
still, as Hiyohiyo said it, animation "isn't necessarily inferior". The problem with the anime's scriptwriters/director or who gives the shots there is that they dont seem to care about how they portrait ZnT's characters, they make the characters do things or behave in such a way to generate "good" comedy and fanservice situations, but without caring about the effects that those actions will have on the image of that character. thats what i meant when i said: "what a difference between the lightminded Saito and volatile Louise from anime and the ones from the novels." it's not that anime chracters are not that deep as the ones from the novel, they are different
Old 2008-08-20, 21:01   Link #1222
Hiyohiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumomu View Post
thats what i meant when i said: "what a difference between the lightminded Saito and volatile Louise from anime and the ones from the novels." it's not that anime chracters are not that deep as the ones from the novel, they are different
They're different because of the different portrayals, i.e. shallow (anime) v. deep (novels).
Hiyohiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 00:42   Link #1223
Matt122005

Yez, are you going to start translating vol. 7 ch. 2 now?

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 01:02   Link #1224
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Yez, are you going to start translating vol. 7 ch. 2 now?

-Matt
Orders recieved, will comply.
Old 2008-08-21, 01:30   Link #1225
Matt122005

Thanks, can't wait. Hopefully we can get Vol. 7 half way done by the time vol. 6 is fully done.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 07:52   Link #1226
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumomu View Post
i am aware of the fact that you cant stuff hundred of written pages into a 25 minutes episode, and a 1:1 result would probably be boring. Reading a book is one thing, watching a show something different.
still, as Hiyohiyo said it, animation "isn't necessarily inferior". The problem with the anime's scriptwriters/director or who gives the shots there is that they dont seem to care about how they portrait ZnT's characters, they make the characters do things or behave in such a way to generate "good" comedy and fanservice situations, but without caring about the effects that those actions will have on the image of that character. thats what i meant when i said: "what a difference between the lightminded Saito and volatile Louise from anime and the ones from the novels." it's not that anime chracters are not that deep as the ones from the novel, they are different
The novels themselves are very fast paced for novels.
You can say that about Shakugan no shana and I would agree. That novel really drags in places. But ZNT is almost always really fast paced, and the tiniest details become important later on.

When colbect died in the novel, I noticed something was a bit strange. Kyuruke jumped all over him after he went down, and wouldnt let anyone near his body. nobody really inspected his wounds, nor was one written. The only thing that happened was : Kyuruke said he was dead. I didnt dwell on it though: he was a minor character that seemed to have fullfilled his role. SO it made sense for him to die at this point of redemption.

This was all completly lost by the anime animators, who fail utterly. The only thing I can give them credit for is faithful art style and good VA's. Everything else about this anime rendition is fail.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 17:54   Link #1227
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Thanks, can't wait. Hopefully we can get Vol. 7 half way done by the time vol. 6 is fully done.

-Matt
You'd need to get someone to do Volume 7 Chapter 3 and you'de accomplish that goal. =D

I wonder how much the translations are gonna go down when summer ends though.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 10:17   Link #1228
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Finished chapter 6, volume 7.

Probably many won't read it as there are still some gaps of chapters before it but for those who will read it - you have to admit that Derflinger's second suggestion on how Louise should mend Saito's mood was simply hilarious.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:29   Link #1229
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

Is The Atonement of Flame chapter important? or is it like the tabitha chapter thing where it is just a side story?
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:33   Link #1230
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
Is The Atonement of Flame chapter important? or is it like the tabitha chapter thing where it is just a side story?
Important. Very important.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 00:01   Link #1231
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

i figured as much since it is important in the anime...and here i was at chapter 7..ill wait a little before i read it i guess.. lol
Old 2008-08-27, 01:00   Link #1232
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I am not translating the Atonement of Flame as I Shape said he will do it so I switched to the chapter 6, volume 7, so I can't tell you if you will wait long or short for this chapter in particular. But lets hope that Shape won't take too long with it.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 15:15   Link #1233
Teras

Can someone answer a couple question in details , please?

1# When Louise's father confronts Saito (about the bout in vol 6 ect.) what dos he(the father) say.

2# What does Saito answer.

3# What's Louse's reaction to the howl thing.
Teras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 15:36   Link #1234
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teras View Post
Can someone answer a couple question in details , please?

1# When Louise's father confronts Saito (about the bout in vol 6 ect.) what dos he(the father) say.

2# What does Saito answer.

3# What's Louse's reaction to the howl thing.
i've also wanted to know more about that whole scene:did louise father accuse him to want her for her statu?how did he come to accept him(did he have to sleep in the servent quarter like last time or was it treated as a quest?)
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 12:52   Link #1235
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
Uhm, no, he really wields a spear in the novels. Dunno about its special abilities though (if it has any).
The translation for Spear, at least in chinese version, was the same for firearm (means "a lance of fire")

You decide.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 21:48   Link #1236
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

i guess i have a perverted question lol...in the novel there is the scene with saito and louise about to do the nasty...is this chapter better then the one when she drinks that potion and they give each other hickeys like is it more intimate, longer then just like a paragraph, and good detail... i was just wondering cuz since every body likes to talk about it i want to see if it lives up to the hype when we get to that chapter
Old 2008-08-31, 23:27   Link #1237
Srin Tuar
無謀

The boat scene was pretty intense.
The Henrietta&Saito hiding in a hotel room was juicy too.

There are lots of good scenes really.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 05:46   Link #1238
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I really liked the henrietta&Saito scene lol! That was beyond intense, who'd guess, henrietta was so experienced lol!
Old 2008-09-02, 10:45   Link #1239
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Non sense, the greatest, by Saito's own words, was Siesta and Louise, with the latter nude, covered in butter, and Siesta helping to remove it with her tongue. Complete with pictorial reference!
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 12:19   Link #1240
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Non sense, the greatest, by Saito's own words, was Siesta and Louise, with the latter nude, covered in butter, and Siesta helping to remove it with her tongue. Complete with pictorial reference!
wha........
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen