AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 73 57.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 23.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 11.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-01, 17:38   Link #61
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
@Avisch:

Spoiler:
that's mecha for you. refer to gunparade march to see just how important public education is to people who live in Japan, no matter what the situation. 0_o

god I want to know what the heck is up with Shirley, especially since she's in the preview again. what does that girl know now? what will happen?! >_O I'm amazed how the writers keep making awesome use out of what would usually be finished plot threads.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 17:42   Link #62
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
god I want to know what the heck is up with Shirley, especially since she's in the preview again. what does that girl know now? what will happen?! >_O I'm amazed how the writers keep making awesome use out of what would usually be finished plot threads.
Well I guess what would normally have been a closed plot thread in normal anime, the writers kept the line with Shirley open so they could mess with Lelouch more later in the story. I would agree with previously made statements though, that she should just go and leave us alone.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 17:45   Link #63
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Lots of good character interaction and revelation -- Euphie and Lulu were wonderful -- but a really, really lame hijack. I can believe almost anything, but this one was very hard to swallow.

Euphemia, Karen, and CC are all 11/10. And I thought Koshimizu Ami did a great job voicing Karen. She's apparently proud of her acting ability, and maybe she has a right to be. And oh, yes: more Shirley, please. Her recovery of her memory will be fascinating, as will future mutual feelings with Lulu.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-01 at 17:58.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 17:52   Link #64
0rphen21
^.^

great ep more power to the lulu/euphie faction to bad lulu geassed suzaku since geass is lulu's trump card he could have used it for something more amusing like ordering suzaku to stop breathing
Old 2007-03-01, 17:55   Link #65
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
@Avisch:

Spoiler:
Oh how will it be tested? You know something I don't Where are people getting the future episode spoilers?

I just thought of something. Maybe:

Spoiler for stuff:
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 17:56   Link #66
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
god I want to know what the heck is up with Shirley, especially since she's in the preview again.
Don't make a fuss over it. The previous next ep sequence showed Fushigi-chan (that unknown, scarf-wearing girl) smirking right at the end, suggesting that we might see more of her or that she was acquainted with Schneizel's trekking/spelunking squad.

And what do we get of her? Just a passing glance as she apparently activates that slab of stone. Next ep sequences can be deceiving, so don't draw too many conclusions or assumptions from them. We might just see her worrying or frowning after Lelouch, and that'd be all.
Quote:
there were about 20 landing craft, but no Aircraft Carriers or battleships, or submarines, all we saw was infantry and they had the Japanese flag on their boats, so how can they not be Liberation Front? O_o Either way it doesn't explain why Cornelia is so shocked, specially considering how cold and calculating she is in battle... why should she be afraid of JLF soldiers in boats? lol
We only saw the fast attack boats/landing crafts. But those radar screens showed bigger units hanging a little farther away - possibly away from Britannian antiship missile range.

All in all, that final sequence reminded me of the failed Bay of Pigs invasion, in Cuba, 1961, where the CIA armed and assigned anti-Castro militants to stage an uprising in the country. But this time it's China behind. Anyway, the puppet politician seen in the preview doesn't seem (as far as anime physiognomy allows us to think) quite the bright, disinterested, honest guy. I'm also interested to know who's that individual standing right behind with that queer getup. A Chinese emissary?

Anyway, we might see new mechs next ep...the thingies engaging Lancelot didn't seem like KFs to me...heck, at first sight, they don't even appear anthropomorphic.

Last thing I'm wondering about is whether that slab of stone had any effect on Lelouch's Geass. The second it lit up, Lelouch's eye resonated. Not sure why, but it'd be interesting to know whether the phenomenon affected him. From first sight, it seems not...

And, yeah, the Gawainjack lacked some umph. I expected Lelouch to go a little trigger-happy or see Kallen whip the Britannian soldiers into submission. It looked a little too easy. But Nekomimi holds a lot of interest from me, so I'll let my complaints fade away for now.

...And last but not least,
What's Fushigi's involvement in this? I mean, what has she to gain from it? The way she smirked looks like she intended for the party (and most probably Lelouch) to land inside the cave and explore what was inside or take hold of something (Gawain?)...whose side could she be on, anyway? Third party? C.C.-party?
Old 2007-03-01, 17:56   Link #67
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I'm more interested in what this means in term of geass effectiveness. Is it that simple to break it? Does she recall everything, brief images, or does she only have suspicions? I still think this sub-plot just gets in the way. I'll trade shirley scenes for Millay or Kaguya scenes. /shrug

What made Euphemia think Zero was Lelouch? she has met Zero before. He did or said something that reminded her of the him she knew 8 years ago? I can see her having suspicions of zero not being an eleven from ep 8. Still, how does that connect to a person thought long dead. She could be shrewder than i give her credit, but it sounds like more of a wildly improbable guess.

Kallen's hair went from straight to wild mode. I wonder how much hair spray or mousse she normally uses to keep it down

How is Zero going to learn to properly pilot the Gawain? I doubt it's as simple as the others, and there are the co-pilot functions. Is he going to go back later and steal the manual?
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 08:14   Link #68
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Eirikr View Post
Spoiler for question about the episode:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 08:37   Link #69
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
We need a bulleted summary! This episode has the bearings of god and glory!
you mean goddess and glory

Spoiler:
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 10:47   Link #70
meijiOrO

Spoiler:
meijiOrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:29   Link #71
Pracharat

I think that the
Spoiler:
Pracharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:30   Link #72
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
Is he going to go back later and steal the manual?

nah, just do it Kira-style, screw manual, we're gonna reprogram the whole OS ^^
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:42   Link #73
xcxcxcc

this is a great episode specially that kallen scene i lost so much blood i fainted

dammit i was trying to like suzaku but now im startin to not like him wat a jerk
well it seems like lulu geassed suzaku so that means that he cant geass him no more wat a waist geass.

Spoiler:

im still waiting to see suzaku's expression when he finds out about zero's true identity. and that preview with shirley doest that mean the she remebers or somethin
xcxcxcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:47   Link #74
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxcxcc View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:58   Link #75
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxcxcc View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 13:21   Link #76
seraphon

Didnt suzaku fail ,in this episode, as a soldier or a (honorary)britanian citizen?
I mean he put THE princess governing japan in a crazy risk. In his point of view zero is evil so it means he could have killed euphemia no? So even thougth euphie did tell him to figth without restraint ,wasnt his dutie to keep the princess alive at all cost? but no he charges stupidly forward with his ninja power....

I know I m just a suzaku hater that loves to point out all the possible reason to hate him but I think that suzaku acting in a way that could have killed euphemia was either another proof that he is a stupid jerk because after saying he will protect lives he just charges like a bull or a scenario error because it doesnt fit suzaku POV to act like that.
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 13:51   Link #77
zalem

Awesome episode. I liked the Euphie and Lulu scenes better then the Kallen and Suzaku ones though. Must admit I do like Euphie better after this episode.
Old 2007-03-02, 14:27   Link #78
t3ck
Anime Freak

Spoiler:
t3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 15:06   Link #79
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ck View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for explanation:

Last edited by Avisch; 2007-03-02 at 15:11. Reason: fix code
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 15:46   Link #80
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
excellent episode

in my opinion about lulu and euphie part
i don't even think euphie already know zero is lulu "shocked"
and euphie glad that lulu hasn't changed at all
but i don't like luluXeuphie

and about suzaku kallen part
i like when suzaku told kallen that she was so different at school
same with suzaku i more like kallen personality at order of black knight than she at school

i think Schneizel interested with cecile
lulu geass suzaku to save himself "good job lulu"
and cornelia and euphie join order of black knight it might be possible
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote