AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 63 55.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 23.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-30, 11:51   Link #141
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

if okarin send his memories to the past
I wonder what will happen with him in present after he used time leap machine

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2011-06-30, 11:59   Link #142
Fimbulvetr

@spawnofthejudge
I can't follow your your reasoning at all. I agree, what Okarin experiences (viewers too) differs greatly but in the end it's the same thing: the past gets changed at a certain point in time, which is where the branching happens, and a new timeline is born - no matter what it is that is sent back in time.

Though I must once again realize that I am trying to apply logic reasoning to a time travel anime. Understanding the futility, I'll just stop and just go back to enjoying the show.
Old 2011-06-30, 13:18   Link #143
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I'm the only one who think that Moeka is maybe an adult version of Mister Brown daughter ?
Old 2011-06-30, 13:38   Link #144
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Lol for father brown for father brown. If anything id think fettle is her. When we see okabe chase her down when she whispered about the IBN mayuri talks about how shed be a good cosplayer and etc like feyris
Old 2011-06-30, 14:10   Link #145
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I'm the only one who think that Moeka is maybe an adult version of Mister Brown daughter ?
Cant be. This was already asked before, and confirmed that their eyes look different. No matter how much you grow, your eye color won't change lol.
Old 2011-06-30, 14:18   Link #146
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Cant be. This was already asked before, and confirmed that their eyes look different. No matter how much you grow, your eye color won't change lol.
Not true. Eye color can change as one grows up. I think there are very specific ways it could happen, though, and I don't know them.
Old 2011-06-30, 15:31   Link #147
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A sharp-eyed (and anonymous) poster on my blog noticed that during the two scenes where the little boy is playing with his toy train as Okarin runs by, what's happening in the background is very different. The first time (8:17) there are fewer people behind them, and they appear to be looking up at the bridge. In the second (16:02) more people, not looking at the bridge. Significant?

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-06-30 at 16:07.
Old 2011-06-30, 15:49   Link #148
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I was wondering what that scene was all about. I just didn't look deep enough. :I
Old 2011-06-30, 17:43   Link #149
dark998

Quite shocking developments in the last couple of episodes, but despite the gruesome deaths of Mayuri I feel the lack of music is seriously hurting the overall impact in those scenes.

I don't expect the ED song to be always brilliantly tied in before the end of each episode like in 9 but come on, some BGM here and there wouldn't be so bad. Was the visual novel devoid of music in these scenes as well?
Old 2011-06-30, 18:01   Link #150
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Quite shocking developments in the last couple of episodes, but despite the gruesome deaths of Mayuri I feel the lack of music is seriously hurting the overall impact in those scenes.

I don't expect the ED song to be always brilliantly tied in before the end of each episode like in 9 but come on, some BGM here and there wouldn't be so bad. Was the visual novel devoid of music in these scenes as well?
It wasn't exactly devoid, but I have to say that even in the VN music isn't a particularly outstanding aspect of S;G either. At least, it didn't leave enough impression to me aside from the title screen bgm. Same thing happened to the anime for me.
Old 2011-06-30, 19:16   Link #151
Calca
Expressionless

Death: The ultimate troll
Old 2011-06-30, 19:19   Link #152
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Am I the only one who was thinking "TELL PART-TIME SOLDIER ABOUT THE TIME LEAP, DAMNIT!" when Okabe ran into her during the first Time Leap?

And The Zombie said the time limit for the Leap was two days, right? Why doesn't he jump back two days? It'd let him have more time to ready himself and/or escape.
Old 2011-07-01, 11:21   Link #153
klare

looks like Mayuri's fate is the same no matter what, this is so despair

hope next eps will not be the loop again

btw the assault team with masks are really bad...
Old 2011-07-01, 13:37   Link #154
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

An interesting thing to note in Ep 13 is that both Suzuha and Okabe have opportunities to alert everyone about what is really happening yet ultimately do not. More on the significance of this below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I had thought about this as well for a few reasons.

First, they look very similar in appearance. Second, they both are very interested in the PC and Microwave. Third, Suzuha is working at a place that repairs and sells "old" computers and electronics - which is the perfect place for the above mentioned PC to possibly appear. Additionally, they both have military/martial training. Next, Suzuha is aware of a few things prior to them occurring. For instance, she asserts that Kurisu works for SERN and will betray them at some point. Furthermore, she nearly warns everyone of an imminent danger before storming out of the room apologizing. Lastly, Suzuha is the one who tells Okabe how to escape and jump timelines using the PC.

Perhaps Moeka is the older version of Suzuha, who traveled through time to alter history, just like Okabe is attempting to do with Mayuri. I believe there is enough there to suggest that Suzuha is Moeka from a different timeline. We'll just have to see as the tale progresses.

Last edited by Mairsile; 2011-07-01 at 13:52.
Old 2011-07-01, 14:49   Link #155
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^I suggest to try and read the line you have quoted again. The quoted line in question is about Moeka, and the daughter of Mr. Brown. It doesn't say anything about Moeka and Suzuha. Unless Suzuha is supposed to be Mr. Brown's daughter <.<

Aside from that, and what you said, I see no relation between Moeka and Suzuha. To begin with, their personalities are completely different. Moeka annoys me to the point that I want to hit her with her txt mailing, no speaking and Suzuha... She's nothing like that.
Old 2011-07-01, 20:07   Link #156
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
Perhaps Moeka is the older version of Suzuha, who traveled through time to alter history, just like Okabe is attempting to do with Mayuri. I believe there is enough there to suggest that Suzuha is Moeka from a different timeline. We'll just have to see as the tale progresses.
Unless Suzuha got a major makeover in one of the other timelines we have yet to see, I doubt Moeka is another version of Suzuha. There's far too many differences between them both physically and in terms of their personalities. Plus, Suzuha views SERN as the enemy. I doubt that if Moeka is another form of Suzuha, she'd be willing to work for them if she came from another bad timeline.
Old 2011-07-02, 17:25   Link #157
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This episode was gut wrenching. If he can't change the world-line (as spoken by Okabe ) then Mayuri keeps on dying. How is he going to make the adjustment is beyond me considering the paradoxical conundrum time travel had created in this situation. Mayuri is going to die one way or the other so the universe can preserve itself. What I'm curious about right now is how the d-mail was able to attain those changes?

Mayuri can't die cause I can't have enough of her tut-tu-ruuuuuuuu. Screw the universe. Bring her back.
Old 2011-07-02, 21:44   Link #158
CatOfTime

Wonder if Okarin gets troubled by the fact that he is the only one that's "original" in the worldline he is in. Would be fun to see Okarin freak out like "I don't belong in this world, I must return to the place I was in the first place!" :P
Old 2011-07-02, 21:57   Link #159
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This episode was gut wrenching. If he can't change the world-line (as spoken by Okabe ) then Mayuri keeps on dying. How is he going to make the adjustment is beyond me considering the paradoxical conundrum time travel had created in this situation. Mayuri is going to die one way or the other so the universe can preserve itself. What I'm curious about right now is how the d-mail was able to attain those changes?

Mayuri can't die cause I can't have enough of her tut-tu-ruuuuuuuu. Screw the universe. Bring her back.
Then why not just rewrite the universe to save her???(oh wait wrong anime )
Old 2011-07-03, 03:18   Link #160
yuugi99

I can feel it. That Mayushii can potentially be the strongest mahou shojou. Now where is Kyuubei.......
Closed Thread