AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-02, 20:54   Link #181
wingman32x

Episode 1 was good. Haruka is really cute. Man, getting rejected already? I wonder how Tachibana's going to rebound. It was fun seing the anime versions of Ayatsuji and Nanasaki. Overall a good episode.

And yay for 26 episodes!!
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 20:56   Link #182
Eak
One angry cloud.

The OP/End in both animation and music was just... average.. Don't know why but I was not impressed at all (but who cares what I think!)

But the character and overall animations look great, I agree with the sex hair being a bit lacking but you can definitely tell that they specifically pick what scenes to animate well.. so the sex hair will look great (probably) when it is her arc.
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 21:18   Link #183
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm curious but almost all the synopsis I see are about Junichi's self-contained stories of his romance with the seniors. The thing is, it feels almost clear that a good lot of the women in this series aren't even seniors, there are juniors as well as freshmea- I mean freshmen!

I guess the supposed premise of Junichi dating only only seniors isn't entirely accurate then? The rather incomplete wiki on Amagami does mention at least 6 lead females, and I think only 2 of them are seniors.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 21:23   Link #184
Copycatken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I guess the supposed premise of Junichi dating only only seniors isn't entirely accurate then? The rather incomplete wiki on Amagami does mention at least 6 lead females, and I think only 2 of them are seniors.
You are right in saying that Junichi will not only date seniors. Not sure if this is considered as spoilers or not, but just in case...
Spoiler for Female Leads:

As someone who has played part of the game, I like how everyone got some air time right from the first episode (well, except for Nanasaki who only appeared briefly). Even from the short glimpses we've seen of everyone, we can already start seeing their personalities (albeit cliched) shining through. Seeing the game being animated is just joy to watch.

I hadn't really noticed the problem with Kaoru's hair, but after reading the comments here, I do notice the difference from the game version. I hope once we get to her arc, the "sexy hair" will make an appearance. While on the topic of hair, I like that they kept Miya's untidy hair for the anime too. I actually had never noticed this while playing the game.

Anyhow, it's been a while since I've played it, but from what I remember, the way Junichi first encounters Haruka-senpai in the game was more entertaining:

Spoiler for Game version of meeting Haruka-senpai for the first time:

It would've been hilarious to have seen that scene been animated, as it's an unusual way to start off a relationship between two people.

I'm still waiting for Haruka to say her trademark "Wao!" in future episodes
Old 2010-07-02, 21:39   Link #185
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

ep 1 was pretty good
background music (especially on the walk to school)
art style
how it is non-ecchi
Itou Shizuka yeah!
how they introduced the characters

did not like...
the sister calling him nii nii (what?)
the sort-of predictable scenario in the library.

overall, I liked it.
Old 2010-07-02, 21:48   Link #186
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post
So will the guy end up living 4ever with one girl in these type of anime?
I know evry girl will have her own arc.. but that means the guy wont ..like marry any of the girl?
Looks to be "parallel universes" ... in each Universe, the guy ends up focusing on and winning a different girl.

Six girls, we could call it "Thrice Upon a Time X 2"

This is a different technique for adaptation than one usually sees. Usually, its more like Shuffle! (straight harem, choose the girl), or Tokimeki (one guy three girls choose one), or Canvas 2 (love triangle), or Lamune (one path all the way). One timeline for the whole series.
Old 2010-07-02, 21:49   Link #187
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycatken View Post
Anyhow, it's been a while since I've played it, but from what I remember, the way Junichi first encounters Haruka-senpai in the game was more entertaining:

Spoiler for Game version of meeting Haruka-senpai for the first time:

It would've been hilarious to have seen that scene been animated, as it's an unusual way to start off a relationship between two people.

I'm still waiting for Haruka to say her trademark "Wao!" in future episodes
Oh wow I like the sound of how game ver. of the meeting goes, think I would have liked that alot.
Kicked in the balls before you do something that deserves it.
Old 2010-07-02, 22:29   Link #188
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Looks to be "parallel universes" ... in each Universe, the guy ends up focusing on and winning a different girl.

Six girls, we could call it "Thrice Upon a Time X 2"

This is a different technique for adaptation than one usually sees. Usually, its more like Shuffle! (straight harem, choose the girl), or Tokimeki (one guy three girls choose one), or Canvas 2 (love triangle), or Lamune (one path all the way). One timeline for the whole series.
So in the end he choses a girl or not?
Or in those "parallel universes" he chose and ends up with all the girls?
Old 2010-07-02, 22:40   Link #189
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
In this anime, the story resets and starts over down a different path every four episodes. This is basically the same experience you'd get playing the original game (you complete the game, go back to the title screen, and press Start to play again). Granted that we don't know what they'll do with the final two episodes, but I doubt that they'll return to any of the previous timelines. (Perhaps they'll either have episodes on the side-characters, or generic bonus episodes that feature all the heroines interacting together.)
Old 2010-07-02, 22:43   Link #190
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

@Copycatken

Wasn'it like ever girls have 3 kinds of way for their first meeting?

Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-02, 22:47   Link #191
Gibber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
SS what? From what quote?
The title lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'm not entirely sure on this but I think I saw as Super Sexy somewhere

Edit: actually I'm thinking the SS might not mean anything but Super Sexy I like.
Yeah, think it's just there to differentiate between the game and anime? Meh, just a guess. I actually thought it stood for second season and tried to find a first season at first lol >_>
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 22:49   Link #192
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
If this series goes as it seems/planned then there isn't a definitive "winning" girl here, eh more they all win.
Think of it as 6 races running beside each other, with 1 of the 6 girls at the end of each race.
Something along the lines of it's more about the interactions and developments of the male lead and 6 girls with the girl winning at the end of each of their respective story....hopefully.
Thats the thing here, I don't think people should think about it as whether or not he gets the girl but how he goes about getting the girl.
I'm sure theres a metaphor I can use here but i seem to be drawing a blank.

but then I could be utterly and completely wrong and we could be thrown something totally different.

just have to wait and see(which I think is the best option here)
Old 2010-07-02, 23:02   Link #193
Kakkou
Tch.

Kaoru <3

Good start, nice production, lovely looking girls, plain looking guys and nice calming music. I'm sold on this like I was with Hatsukoi. Kinda surprised me when the guy confessed so soon, no wonder he got rejected (aside from not being her type... yet). Of course, this is more to do with each girl getting an arc, so they obviously can't spend too much time showing minor developments. Haruka is sweet, but what I'm really looking for ward to is sex hair Kaoru <3. Oh god, her hair and the fact she's spunky. I'll watch the whole show just for her <3.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 23:11   Link #194
jorez
but the kid is not my son

Send a message via MSN to jorez
Effing Itou Shizuka's voice giving me a raging boner. I know it's the typical harem of every season, but it has a Hatsukoi Limited escence, therefore, it can't be a total waste of time.

Waiting for episode 2.

jorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 23:21   Link #195
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
13 Volumes X 2 episodes, releasing 2 volumes per month aka a girl each month, 13th volume has no girl attached to it yet, which is why I just asked if any other girl has a route.

Relentless posted this on AOD.
Then I have hope after all! Hope there's at least some part dedicated to Miya.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 23:27   Link #196
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

This anime is definitely my cup of tea. I absolutely enjoyed the first episode even if it carries cliche moments. I have a feeling that I'll be enjoying this series and will probably end up as my favorite amongst other shows simply because this anime caters to my preferences (I.e. - Slice of Life/Romance.) The BGM fits the atmosphere very well in my opinion and I hope it continues to.

The rejection actually caught me by surprise considering Haruka's flirtatious attitude towards Junichi (I'm a blank slate, meaning I have no prior knowledge on the source material.) I actually like the rejection, I feel it leaves room for a more believable and better developed relationship. I'm pretty content with this series so far, I just hope the development is done well and we get some pleasant surprises along the way.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 00:27   Link #197
pampz21
ShipCore

is it 4 episode per arc???? it will have a 24 episode list so 4 episode x 6 heroines mean 24 episode of pure echhiness and sweetness!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 01:30   Link #198
Eak
One angry cloud.

Is it going to be ecchi? Seems more like it will be like Kimikiss anime where there's no blatant fanservice (or in my memory, none at all).
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 01:32   Link #199
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They *used* to call it "bed hair" a few eons ago.... the new term seems more to the point
Well, where I'm from it's what the Americans call "frazzled hair", with the less than pleasing ones being "mop of hair", "messy hair", or "bed hair". My my, what this generation can come up with these days, I'm having a hard time keeping up with the terms and ancronyms that started being used en masse during my absence of death. I'll admit though, there's no way I'm using "sex hair" in public, considering the kind of person I am, whatever I say will turn heads and the last thing I want to come out of that is me being a guy who secrete's on hair frazzled is what it'll be for the rest of my life

But yeah, I'm going to confess, I'm a big fan of Kaoru. No, her doujin played no part in that conclusion, which I know is weird, I'm supposed to fall in love with Twin Tails-chan but... she is the quiet shy type, which.... I was hoping for a different twin tails of late. Or have I been poisoned by Hatsune Miku too much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Hell Yeah, thats def "boys will be boys"
I was doing stupid stuff like that all the time at school even right up to my last year, hell maybe even for a time afterwards, yea me and my friends were pretty immature but we didn't really care
Heh, I did some silly stuff during elementary, like climbing fountains and such. Ah, what a silly past that was

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
is it 4 episode per arc???? it will have a 24 episode list so 4 episode x 6 heroines mean 24 episode of pure echhiness and sweetness!
Heh, I don't recall episode 01 having anything like a panty shot or what not, so I'm not even expecting much ecchiness from this series. Or has the term secretly changed in those past 3 years, or do I have it wrong

Anyways, once Kaoru's episode's roll around we'll see if my zaniness will reach Dai Maou levels which, I'm hoping the game or the manga doesn't overwrite this thread
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 01:55   Link #200
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
Is it going to be ecchi? Seems more like it will be like Kimikiss anime where there's no blatant fanservice (or in my memory, none at all).
Depends on what you define as fanservice.

Based on what Amagami players said, if the ED scene goes entirely as the game proceeded...

[mod edit: you'd get something that isn't that big of a spoiler, but game spoilers still aren't allowed in this thread anyway even behind spoiler tags]

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-07-03 at 02:44. Reason: Please label your spoilers sensibly, and post them only in the appropriate threads
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen